2006 FIFA World Cup (EA Sports)

Re: FIFA 06 - Road to FIFA World Cup (Xbox 360)

This game is gona apeal to people who cant wait for things to be done properly. Ok the only positive im giving ea on this is that is for creating the first next gen footie game, AND IF YOU THINK HARD ENOUGH IT CERTAINLY WILL BE THE WORST FOOTBALL GAME IN XBOX 360'S EIGHT TO TEN YEAR LIFE SPAN :D

PRO EVO 5 RULES \\:o/

Last edited by a moderator:

Ok maybe EA does know what it takes to please football fans when it comes to licenses and graphics, but who the hell gives a rats ass when Konami is the company that gives us football

Well gametrailers has a new one Brazil Vs England

www.gametrailers.com

Rhonaldino looks totally convincing when he runs now. I gotta say this is the BEST video so far. it kinda shows that even though gameplay is similiar the animations have been retooled for the 360 and it's engine making a much better animated game.

OMG those people are so shit at the game lol.

It is looking nicer now and some animations are brilliant like when Lampard gets fouled for Beckham's free kick :o It still retains the Fifa, skating on the pitch feel though and I can see that even without playing. Also the shot at the end, it seems to fly off the guys foot in the replay and it just looks weak.

ANd the very obvious O tackle. Some graphics are really nice, but i dont like the way EA has made them.

Milanista said:
ANd the very obvious O tackle. Some graphics are really nice, but i dont like the way EA has made them.

I just have a question for you and everyone else that doesn't like the "style".

Do you like the "style" of Winning Eleven's FMV?

this just to ask,but seriously sometime a game is JUST an interpretation of the sport EVEN graphic wise. IN some ways if you don't like the look of the game then you don't like the art they put behind it.

For me fifa is horrible in the ways the players stand and run. Always lookd like they had to a fresh pooh in their shorts. But the 360 vers of fifa 069with the exclusive world cup) completely changes that. they lok more real and actually these graphics look like the realest INTERPRETATION of the sport of soccer ever.wE9 though good is no where near as good looking even physics wise.

yep that is the best video so far of Fifa.

I thinks it looked great, but im sure there are a lot of people who disagree. I think that last video does show a massive improvement over Fifa 06 on current gen.

Graphics are good..but the gameplay is crap. We all see it. I`m having to think that Alberto Tomba is becoming a fifa fan :P

To be totally honest i wasn't impressed the gameplay doesn't look right. I admit graphically it's a treat and some of the player detail (roque junior) was fantastic but the gameplay just looks too fifa'ish to me. I could be wrong and I will still get it as i need a footy title but it doesnt even look able to challenge the current gen WE games.

the graphics look good-ish. The close-ups are amazing...but the gameplay
seems a bit off....maybe it was just lousy players trying the game...
but somehow it just does'nt seem that good.

It's good that FIFA comes out with the good graphics on XBOX 360....
because Konami will have time to watch and learn to add good graphics
and even better gameplay on the XBOX-360 and PES3....
i think WE/PES fans are in for a treat by next year end.

johan said:
Graphics are good..but the gameplay is crap. We all see it. I`m having to think that Alberto Tomba is becoming a fifa fan :P

It's not about becoming a fifa fan, it's about admiring next gen capabilities when it comes to soccer games. Right now EA is the ONLY one showing us ANYTHING. I just appreciate the attempt no matter how soon it was and how much the gameplay couldn't be concentrated on in this vers.

Alberto Tomba said:
It's not about becoming a fifa fan, it's about admiring next gen capabilities when it comes to soccer games. Right now EA is the ONLY one showing us ANYTHING. I just appreciate the attempt no matter how soon it was and how much the gameplay couldn't be concentrated on in this vers.

Amen to that brother! no-one gets it on here its just a its fifa and WE and Fifa is shit thread. Firstly, its next gen it looks ace and will play different im sure of that, but its the first attempt, so give it a break. Secondly, I can't say it will be good and I can't say it will be bad because i havent played it! and neither has anybody here so judge it when you get a hold of it.

Right now just look at the vids and pics and get xcited because next gen footy games are on the horizon and getting closer.

:shock: WAUW what'a graphics :shock: will PES5 come out for XBOX360???

Just watched that HD clip.

Graphically it does look smooth, although there is such as thing as overdoing it regarding the close-ups of kits (IMO they look overdone, like they've bump-mapped stuff which they shouldn't have). Players' facial features look fantastic, and I disagree with the opinion that it doesn't look good when in gameplay mode, there's only so much you can do with such a zoomed out camera and everything seems nicely rendered.

I'm still not convinced gameplay-wise, I guess I won't be until I see what Konami deliver on these machines.

I'm not going as far as saying I'll get FIFA, but next-gen football with online option is tempting alright. I think it'll be a rent for me.

cowden_harley said:
Amen to that brother! no-one gets it on here its just a its fifa and WE and Fifa is shit thread. Firstly, its next gen it looks ace and will play different im sure of that, but its the first attempt, so give it a break. Secondly, I can't say it will be good and I can't say it will be bad because i havent played it! and neither has anybody here so judge it when you get a hold of it.

Right now just look at the vids and pics and get xcited because next gen footy games are on the horizon and getting closer.

I get it fine m8, but to me it looks crap both graphically and most importantly gameplay wise. Even Tomba says

"I just appreciate the attempt no matter how soon it was and how much the gameplay couldn't be concentrated on in this vers."

Surely gameplay should be top priorty for any game. Why should we give them a break, it's not like they've never made a game before. Ok it's their first on the next-gen machines, but they could of done so much more with gameplay now they have all this additional power. But they haven't bothered at all, they've just tried to tart up the the gfx's. Which in my opinion don't look good at all.

Like I've said I play games for gameplay, the looks aren't a the top of my list. I mean some people (even you Tomba m8 ;)) prefer the the psp version of WE9 to the ps2 version. Now the graphics aren't as good, but they feel the gameplay is better.

My opinions are based on all the clips I've seen, that is all we can do for now. But it is easy to see gameplay is not very good.

Classic i agree with everything you said mate. Hopefully Konami will release something soon, ie even a screenshot.

I think the gameplay would be more or less the same... reason being, I personally feel that they do not have the time to implement major changes to the gameplay... programming would take a long time...

any experienced player can tell that from a gameplay video how similar the motions, ball physique etc.is to the PS2's & XBox's version... people might disagree... saying that I have not played the game yet, how could I be so sure, ya?

well, watching the video is jus like watching someone playing the game... being a gamer, you can easily tell the differences... extra cutscenes adds on to the presentation... but not playability...

just take a look at the passing, dribbling and first touch... it's all so similar to the current FIFA 06's... maybe other than visual upgrades and smoother frame rates... the collision detection is bad too... the player can jus walk through keeper... in next gen consoles, don't think this should be happening... I believe PES/WE has better (though not the best) collision detection than the XBox 360's FIFA 06...

and those that argue that it's just the first attempt for EA... we shouldn't be too picky... in that case, we shouldn't hold high hopes for it being a great game... anyway, EA has had many years since the launch of PS2/XBox to do a major overhaul to the entire series from the PS1 version... however, how much changes did we see (other than visually)? hopefully, I wun see a repeat of such in the next gen consoles...

First "next-gen" PES should be shit by everyones reckoning.

Provided you assume that Fifa will be crap because its their first attempt at next gen rather than it'll be crap because its the same team thats behind the shit Fifa06.

I totally agree with project_037.

Last edited:

I have a feeling the first PES/WE on next-gen will blow FIFA out of the water.
Konami will probably lose the first round when FIFA attracts everyone
with the graphics improvements.....but by late next year, I do believe Konami
will release a game with graphics that are nearly as good, and even better
gameplay.

unless EA has got schedulle of releasing another fifa game 4th quater next year, if not then i think EA's outta the question for this first year (if not untill another generation of consoles come into play) of nex-gen gaming footie tossle against konami because konami has got all the time to do the next gen consoles justice for another sequel (pro evo 6) in terms of gameplay, graphics and possibly presentation. we all know fifa just brushed up 06 on the ps2, it's blatantly obvious (seeing the fact they couldn't have programmed a new game that quickly) but i think the fact still remains that they've done it so at least we don't have to wait another year for a footie game on the next gen consoles which i think is good. FIFA 06 road to fifa world cup 2006 IMHO is not to me is not a next gen "game title" (it obviously is apparantly because it's a game on the next gen consoles but some of you will understand what i'm trying to say) i'ld classify it as a demo jst to show what we can expect for 2006.... roll on pes6, cant wait...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

fifa06_rtwc_box_01.jpg

i surely despise that bit that says exclusive Germany 2006 Licence..*shakes head* (tut tut)fifa at thier best......

Not that one particularly, but I really do like the colour scheme on the 360 box's.

:D

Ronaldinho had short hair on that photo and they added the long hair on the back...

Next time EA can hire me to do some proper photoshopping... :)

Surely the english one will have an English player on the front. Wayne Rooney?

Back
Top Bottom