2006 FIFA World Cup (EA Sports)

Re: FIFA 06 - Road to 2006 FIFA World Cup (Xbox 360)

Alberto Tomba said:
I think it looks pretty amazing and craps over what WE/PES look like currently.

well, in terms of effects, details, it certainly does.

but while the current WE generation has a real life like look, this just looks like some kiddy candy-sweet comic book.lol.

it may look nice, but not right at all.

just watched the vid and looks great. Much better than the E3 demo.

Yeh the players look a bit odd with the basketball shorts, but overall its looking good.

Love the part when it shows Sven looking upset....'errrrrrrrrr maybe we should........errrrrrrrrr play 4-4-2........errrrrrr next time' lol

Alberto Tomba said:
Just saw the video and I too am afriad of scripting but EA should know by now that we hate it. If the game has the shooting sorted out to be ANYWHERE near WE9 then it will be a very good game.
Er, it's basically FIFA 06 with new graphics.

video actually amazed me but it just makes me even MORE hungry for pes on the 360/ps3. lol

Don't get me wrong, I hate FIFA games, but I can't believe the amount of PES fanboys on here who try to fault every little thing with these screenshots.

If these were entitled "NEW WE10 PS3 screens" you would all be coming in your pants. You just seem to automatically hate it, it's just ridiculous. Those screens look pretty damn good to me, even if the players don't look perfect. This is their first effort at rendering graphics for the Xbox 360. It won't be long til we see photorealism.

ben.franklin said:
Don't get me wrong, I hate FIFA games, but I can't believe the amount of PES fanboys on here who try to fault every little thing with these screenshots.

If these were entitled "NEW WE10 PS3 screens" you would all be coming in your pants. You just seem to automatically hate it, it's just ridiculous. Those screens look pretty damn good to me, even if the players don't look perfect. This is their first effort at rendering graphics for the Xbox 360. It won't be long til we see photorealism.

I sort of have to agree with this statement. I do think the comments against it are a bit harsh.

The bit with Sven, he's actually celebrating that Beckham goal, that's how he celebrates England goals.

Love it how the fans behind him give a Nazi salute. Atleast they're all 3D now. Am very impressed with this,

NickSCFC said:
The bit with Sven, he's actually celebrating that Beckham goal, that's how he celebrates England goals.

Love it how the fans behind him give a Nazi salute. Atleast they're all 3D now. Am very impressed with this,

lol yeh, Sven does do that. Perhaps its a bit inaccurate of EA to actually show him showing some sort of emotion ;)

The fans do look great, would love to see footage of it being played by someone. Wanna see the coaches jumping around during the game, as well as the subs warming up along the touchline.

Just gutted that theres no club teams though. I dont tend to play with international teams much :(

I'm worried about the European Qualifying mode. I'm not European. I want to do Norh America/South America Qualifying. Also, I noticed they don't mention if you can play the actual World Cup.

Remember, in FIFA Road..2002 you couldn't actually play in the Cup.

heres some interesting info from ign:

October 3, 2005 - Right after the Tokyo Game Show in September, Electronic Arts debuted its five first launch titles for Xbox 360 to a select group of journalists, and along with Madden, NBA Live, Tiger Woods, and Need For Speed Most Wanted, we got an all-too-brief glance at FIFA 06: Road to World Cup.

FIFA 06 is the foundation game for the next generation of EA soccer games. It's not a fully fleshed out, feature-packed game, but rather a humble start on an unfamiliar system that shows hints, but only hints, of what the next generation could bring. What can a development team accomplish in one year's time? While the Canadian developers behind FIFA constantly fiddle with the balance between instant pick-up-and-play feel and the depth and realism they continue to see in Konami's ever-growing Winning Eleven series, a balance I hope to find leaning toward the competition in this new next-gen game, the most noticeable qualities in FIFA 06 are its visuals.

We saw, but did not play, pre-alpha code. Thus, the demo was limiting. What did it play like? How did it feel? What is the actual balance of players? How was the speed and physics of the ball; and how smart is the AI? We could look but not touch, giving us a 50% feel of the game. More than anything, the demo showed off the game's façade; its presentation and graphics.

The game's overall presentation is impressive. Like NBA Live, FIFA 06 utilizes a cathedral or starting arena as its start-up page. In this generation, the start-up page is a menu screen with perhaps an animated screen and an index of modes. FIFA 06 changes all that. When the game is fully booted up you start on a soccer field with playable athletes and a soccer ball. The start up page is a playable demo of the game! You can literally play FIFA for hours in this menu screen before even starting a full game. When you're ready to start, you can select a cursor on the bottom left hand side and a horizontal menu bar appears with mode options.

In another touch of next-generation, you'll be able to continue playing on the menu screen as the game loads up in the background. Apparently, EA has found a way around Namco's patented play-game-while-loading law. Along with new technology, EA's sweet little invention helps to prevent loading screens from being the boring sequence they have been for the last 10 years.

Once you're in the game, you'll notice all sorts of visual elements that catch your attention and that are striking and new. EA's goal is to breathe life into their videogames, and in a few ways it looks like the Redwood City giant is succeeding. Four hundred professional soccer players' heads have been photographed and scanned into the game. The difference between a current generation game and a next generation game demonstrates the relevance of this fact: The increased geometry for each athlete is so high, the blocky angles, flat faces, and rectangular heads are all but eliminated. In their places you see more life-like, round heads, blinking, moving eyes, and musculature in each player's face. There are 1,700 players, and nine stadiums in total.

Other visual enhancements create more realism. Hair and clothing are no longer painted onto character bodies like before. They have physical properties of their own. They movie independently of the player and in reaction to them. It's a little detail, but that's what these early games are comprised of: Hundreds of little visual details that create a more realistic world.

Moving into the game itself, Road to World Cup offers players a chance to pick from 72 teams and perhaps win the virtual World Cup. During their experience, they'll hear from Sky Sports commentators, exclusive to the next-generation version, and experience a panoply of graphic enhancements over current generation games. Players have primary and secondary animations, they're more emotional and move with more life-like fluidity. The realtime dynamic lighting affects everything in the stadium. Players are textured with shaders that reflect the right amount of light for their skin color. They'll grow sweaty during the game, and their sweat will increase as it progresses.

Coaches from each team move back and forth along the sidelines as the game progresses. They'll react to the flow of the game, showing emotion by yelling, talking, and reacting to plays. Players can change their strategies and formations on the fly, without using a menu screen. You'll see a scoreboard on screen, indicating the score, location and time of day or night, and realtime lighting will be reflected on the field, whether its night, day, or dusk. You can zoom your camera in to see close-up details of the players, the sway of the grass, or you can zoom it out to see a fantastically animated variety of fans. You won't get too many modes of play, nor will there be a Create-A-Player mode available in this version, but you will be able to play one-on-one against anyone in Xbox Live. And you will be able to play this game on day one of the Xbox 360 launch.

The demo we were shown was both illuminating and frustrating for a couple of reasons. It's clear that EA has already achieved some interesting things in its presentation, but FIFA 06 is by no means a graphic powerhouse. It's not the game you'll use to show off your new system to friends. The frustrating thing about the demo was that because we were unable to play the game, a crucial part of any preview -- and especially a next-generation game -- it denied us the ability to properly deliver the game's feel. The half-day demo of all the launch titles was designed as a look-but-not-touch experience. We can tell you it looks better than it did at E3. We can tell you it's impressive in some ways, far from impressive in others. But how will this game deliver a next-generation experience? Unfortunately, we'll have to wait and see.

In another touch of next-generation, you'll be able to continue playing on the menu screen as the game loads up in the background.
The realtime dynamic lighting affects everything in the stadium. Players are textured with shaders that reflect the right amount of light for their skin color. They'll grow sweaty during the game, and their sweat will increase as it progresses.
Coaches from each team move back and forth along the sidelines as the game progresses. They'll react to the flow of the game, showing emotion by yelling, talking, and reacting to plays.

These 3 things interest me the most.

ben.franklin said:

well, if "not perfect" are the right words for "skinny, drug addicted "-looking players, allright.

even if it is there first time rendering a next gen game, they should know how a human body looks like.and just like it seems they don't, like for the past 5 fifa games. :roll:

and imo they can have the best graphis engine, the nicest player faces on earth, in a footie game graphics it comes down to two things:player bodies and a round ball.if one of those 2 things if fecked, how could you ever enjoy playing it?

it's the things you look at most of the time....well, your opinion.

still it looks shite :p

ben.franklin said:

I'm with OPM, the only thing 'new' about what they're doing is higher detailed graphics, it doesn't make any sense that they still can't get players to look right proportionally, that's just bad development.

In the video,I especially like the way Thierry Henry finish after dribbling those 2 defenders cause thats how he does it in real life.Gotta hand it to EA,how do they make Ronaldo uglier than he already is? HAHAHA!

NickSCFC said:

I think i saw Fariah Alam in the stands, too.

Intertesting points from the article:

Adonis said:
The demo we were shown was both illuminating and frustrating for a couple of reasons. It's clear that EA has already achieved some interesting things in its presentation, but FIFA 06 is by no means a graphic powerhouse. It's not the game you'll use to show off your new system to friends. QUOTE]

If the graphics aren't deemed to be great and the playability is still up in the air, i'll have to wait n see on this one. I hope it can rival Konami's games. . .competition breeds greatness.

Re: FIFA 06 - Road to FIFA World Cup (Xbox 360)

Graphics look decent but that video shows the gameplay and the gameplay is exactly the same as FIFA '06 by the look of it.

I agree the gameplay LOOKS the same, but visually it's worth the price of an 360 :)

I just can not go back to ANY other current gen game now. for me it's a waste. WE9 is great but seriously at this point I see Fifa RTTWC as being just such an imporessive peice of eye candy that i can not pass up good gameplay or not. I want to part of this new movement in visuals. Tiger woods looks amazing as does madden and don't get me started about the two basketball games. fifa looks so amazing now that it must be said: You either covert now and wait for WE10 next yr for the 360 or just go on fooling yourself that what you have in front of you with your current console is good. There'sa jusat too many OTHER reasons now to own the 360 and fifa is just alittle part of the reason.

I couldnt give a flying feck about gameplay with graphics like that :D:D

Loading thing is ace as well as the out of play subs!

Game still looks like it plays like crap but damm it looks sweet! Gotta give EA credit for that as well as the grass.

ROLL ON PES/WE & Dec 2nd!

Next gen = Graphics all that matters. players can move in 3 seperate ways I don't care

Screens look crap.

There, I said it and it's true. Are they still using the fifa 99 player models?

WOW! JUST AWESOME!

REAL GRASS! This is what i'm talking about...

People, I`ve been WE/PES fan since forever now and I really never hated FIFA and EA but the reason why I like WE/PES more is realy obvious. It delivers life-like gameplay and when playing these two games it feels like you`re playing a real football on the pitch instead of playing some scripted-arcady game which would be FIFA. Now some people might disagree and say that FIFA is more realistic, but in all honestty WE/PES bring the best sim footie game today, period. Even all FIFA fans know this already.

Regarding FIFA 2006 RTWC on XBOX 360 hmm..what can I say. It seems to me that only presentation in these next-gen consoles will be graphics.. ofcourse this is not true but for now they are only showing us how good the graphics are.

XBOX 360 will and already is a powerful next-gen console but again its nowhere near PS3. So I can imagine FIFA on PS3.

Now, so far nothing really impressed me about this RTWC game. Graphics do look clean, neat and crisp but the way kits are.. they just look wrong.. and look at these shorts..I`m sure they would look big on Shaq O`Neil.. Look at Rio Ferdinand his face looks like a mouse..I won`t even speak about Trezeguet..I guess he`s suffering from AIDS or some illness so he became white all of a sudden, and the way he`s standing is like someone cut him up from a card board or something no life to itself whatsoever. If I had money I`d buy XBOX 360 and play RTWC just to get the feel of this 'next gen console' but I won`t be buying one.. so .. I can still have fun on my PS2 and play WE9 until PS3 is released.

Back
Top Bottom