2006 FIFA World Cup (EA Sports)

I love the game plain and simple my response are to those that OUTRIGHT say it sucks. I can't believe people can not see the fact that this game is a BIG IMPROVEMENT over ANY of the Fifas I've ever played myself. Winning Eleven aside and the fanboyism that comes with it. Thios game has it all. great atmosphere and great ways to play a soccer game. There's things that might stick out after awhile as things that are unnatural.Sometimes a ball goes flyin off badly or sometimes an animations looks off,but in genreal the game plays very well for ME. Anyone that plays this game and says it's utter crap obviously is either to impatient to give it a try and learn it's controls even with the WE mimiced controls scheme. This personally even offends me becuase it makes me think I've lost it when I have not. the game FOR ME is very very good. I played WE10 and yes it's good, but what Fifa added and improved in the game WE10 just added as sprinkles to an otherwise same game feel. fifa feels different this time while WE10 just contnues it's feel. I respect EA FINALLY for trying to attempt something like this. The game doesn't come off like ass shit it actually is good. If your too much of a winning eleven veteran to notice then f off...and matter of fact close the thread cuz I don't wanna hear this bashing anymore.

I dont hate FIFA. I just dont think this is as good as people say it is. Its not a huge improvement. I liked RTWC too and all I see is a few fixes here and there like how Konami do it.

RuneEdge said:
I dont hate FIFA. I just dont think this is as good as people say it is. Its not a huge improvement. I liked RTWC too and all I see is a few fixes here and there like how Konami do it.

Well at least you pointed out that konami are doing the same thing. however to me the improvements are better just as are the improvements to WE.By and large though WE10 is very much the same game while the 360 vers of Fifa is not.

well i got the game today and all i can say is that it rocks. Its the game that i think i needed to give me a well refreshed rest away from the repetitive game that is we/pes. The graphics are awesome. Ive played this on pc and i would have been happy for it to look like the pc version, but its a classs above, the players models are superb imo. Pens are fantastic and the gameplay is very good. Loads of good unlockables, balls etc. and the atmostphere is second to none. I would urge anyone who has an xbox360 to go and buy this game. It may not have ultra long lifespan, being a world cup game. but its a great gap filler until the next set of 'next gen' footy games come around.

I cant wait for fifa 07 if this title is anything to go off. Balls in konamis court now to better this when they release their next gen game.

A further point, this is nothing like RTWC. Its better graphically and play wise. All round its miles better

Last edited:
fatlip180 said:
well i got the game today and all i can say is that it rocks. Its the game that i think i needed to give me a well refreshed rest away from the repetitive game that is we/pes. The graphics are awesome. Ive played this on pc and i would have been happy for it to look like the pc version, but its a classs above, the players models are superb imo. Pens are fantastic and the gameplay is very good. Loads of good unlockables, balls etc. and the atmostphere is second to none. I would urge anyone who has an xbox360 to go and buy this game. It may not have ultra long lifespan, being a world cup game. but its a great gap filler until the next set of 'next gen' footy games come around.

I cant wait for fifa 07 if this title is anything to go off. Balls in konamis court now to better this when they release their next gen game.

A further point, this is nothing like RTWC. Its better graphically and play wise. All round its miles better

Thank you.My sentiments exactly...

BumperMan said:
Well at least you pointed out that konami are doing the same thing. however to me the improvements are better just as are the improvements to WE.By and large though WE10 is very much the same game while the 360 vers of Fifa is not.
This is where you are wrong. Its ok to say WE10 is a minor improvement but so is FIFA.
And at the end of the day, WE has always been a better game so just because the the changes were minor, it doesnt take anything away from the game.
The latest FIFA is on the same level as WE6 in terms of gameplay.

what u mean we6, are u crazy we6 had fantastic gameplay not talking about the graphic haw bad they where, but still can't judge fifa wc2006 as i haven't played it yet, but i played rtwc2006 and it was horrible kak game i didn't aspect a football game to play that bad in the xbox360 very dissepointed.

RuneEdge said:
This is where you are wrong. Its ok to say WE10 is a minor improvement but so is FIFA.
And at the end of the day, WE has always been a better game so just because the the changes were minor, it doesnt take anything away from the game.
The latest FIFA is on the same level as WE6 in terms of gameplay.

Fifa improvements in my humble opinion.
(These things have be pretty much completely revamped since RTTWC)
Graphics
penalty kicks
free kicks
corner kicks
presentation
unlockables
settings(there's just more of them than what we were given with RTTWC)
gameplay has seen subtle improvements.
the ball is more controllable than in RTTWC.
the animations are widely better than RTTWC.
the new star attributes and care put into the stars animations are fantastic and again different than in RTTWC. much more natural. playing with Ronaldino and Adriano is real fun. the nuances are capture well in almost every star.

Those things are big improvements over what We10 saw from WE9 IMHO.

You see i'm not bashing WE10 at all. it's the same game we all love, just pretty much at it's limit. what fifa world cup does is show a very early build of what the next fifa will somehow play and look like. that to me is making me look forward to fifa 07 while WE10 has me looking forward to nothing because it's the nd of the road for the PS2 versions. i honestly went and picked up We10 and played it with jonboyos patch and it did not leave me with the same feeling that world cup does. I like to defend we but not until next gen. the current gen of We plays the same feels the sameand even though it's quality i can get over the fact that Fifa is in fact alreadyhere on next gen and actaully playing a decent game of soccer.

ronaldo10 said:
what u mean we6, are u crazy we6 had fantastic gameplay not talking about the graphic haw bad they where, but still can't judge fifa wc2006 as i haven't played it yet, but i played rtwc2006 and it was horrible kak game i didn't aspect a football game to play that bad in the xbox360 very dissepointed.

yes RTTWC was horrible kak. World cup is not

anyone know what tricks you can do and how to do them? ive played the game several times and its just annoying trying to take people on because the attacking players move so slow its a task just to try and turn a defender.

i use the right stick to place the ball away from my defender the tricks are better when you actually position yourself by slowing down your pace and then doing tricks against your opponent. it is hard but thats the reality of it

BumperMan said:
Fifa improvements in my humble opinion.
(These things have be pretty much completely revamped since RTTWC)
Graphics
penalty kicks
free kicks
corner kicks
presentation
unlockables
settings(there's just more of them than what we were given with RTTWC)
gameplay has seen subtle improvements.
the ball is more controllable than in RTTWC.
the animations are widely better than RTTWC.
the new star attributes and care put into the stars animations are fantastic and again different than in RTTWC. much more natural. playing with Ronaldino and Adriano is real fun. the nuances are capture well in almost every star.

Those things are big improvements over what We10 saw from WE9 IMHO.

You see i'm not bashing WE10 at all. it's the same game we all love, just pretty much at it's limit. what fifa world cup does is show a very early build of what the next fifa will somehow play and look like. that to me is making me look forward to fifa 07 while WE10 has me looking forward to nothing because it's the nd of the road for the PS2 versions. i honestly went and picked up We10 and played it with jonboyos patch and it did not leave me with the same feeling that world cup does. I like to defend we but not until next gen. the current gen of We plays the same feels the sameand even though it's quality i can get over the fact that Fifa is in fact alreadyhere on next gen and actaully playing a decent game of soccer.

FIFA improved so much because it's been shit for so long. The list of improvements listed should have been in FIFA like five years. FIFA WC 06 is a dumb down version of WE. EA copied WE gameplay. Too bad they can't claim to trademark any of it. The gameplay is decent but you don't like you're in total control of the player. The shooting animation is all wrong. The heading needs improvement. There are no variations in the team style or individual star player's trademark moves or movement. When I play Beckham in WE, I can tell its him with his running style and trademark kicking style. I don't get the same feeling with FIFA. You would think that with the FIFA license, EA would made an effort to make better kits with individualize fonts.

Gotta say I agree with Bumper's last post about WE10. Its reached the point where gameplay is no longer a main attraction. Its the best gameplay around, but I just cant stand using a ps2 anymore with the same graphics for the last 3 WE's. WC offers acceptable gameplay with decent features. Matches look like proper football matches.

I really hope we get some next gen WE news soon.

Milanista said:
Gotta say I agree with Bumper's last post about WE10. Its reached the point where gameplay is no longer a main attraction. Its the best gameplay around, but I just cant stand using a ps2 anymore with the same graphics for the last 3 WE's. WC offers acceptable gameplay with decent features. Matches look like proper football matches.

I really hope we get some next gen WE news soon.

Thanks man I need more support so that i know I'm not crazy...:lmao: \\:o/ :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: ;)

well I finally got a long playtest of this game and...I actually enjoyed it for a short while.

I agree with Milanista when he said the gameplay has stopped being its main attraction. Not because its not important, its just because we already know Konami have nailed it.

On current gen WE/PES has shown what it can do graphically. We all know graphics arent as important as gameplay, but they certainly add to the experience. Over the last few years graphics havent been improved in the series, rather fine tuned.

But I really do believe the graphics of WC'06 on 360 arent great. The players models are way too generic, and the faces are awful. The ball also acts very unrealistically. But thats Fifa, a full on arcadey game.

I'd take WE10 over WC'06 any day, as would 99% of people in this forum. the other 1% will be back after a week or two.

Dont get all defensive aswell Fifa fans. You might think we're all being fanboys, but in reality we're stating the obvious. We all would LOVE to have a Fifa game to be brilliant. I certainly would. Its not as if we want every other footy game to be rubbish. Every new footy game that gets announced always gets its own thread made, because we are all genuine footy fans.

So dont get upset when we call it rubbish. imo its not rubbish, but its certainly not the great game some people have been saying it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
BumperMan said:
This is a different matter altogether. Which game is better and which game you're currently enjoying are two completely different things.

RuneEdge said:
This is a different matter altogether. Which game is better and which game you're currently enjoying are two completely different things.
yeah when you pyshco analyze it yeah but still :lol:

Sorry if I've missed it but is there anyone who played it on xbox (the usual one :)) and if so how is it?

I played this (and my first FIFA since 99) for the first time today.

Played two games and then proceeded to check the alarm clock to make sure it was April 2006. As Rune has said, this is about on a par with WE6/PES2 is gameplay, I'd swear I was back in 2002.
I'm sure the graphics on the 360 are nice and all, but unless the player models and faces are vastly different, then I fear for anyones sanity that thinks they're above average. The presentation is somewhat underwhelming as well, I mean are we at a football match or an over budget hollywood movie scene of a wedding. The amount of confetti and shite is just ridiculous.

On to the "magic" button that makes this game play the way "it should". Shouldn't they just have had that as the default pace then? I mean whats the need to hold a button down to play the game as its meant to be played?

Overall I'm underwhelmed. I took a chance on this as I'd heard some peoples reviews and opinions of the last couple of FIFA's and been persuaded EA were genuinely improving it. I now know that you were all full of shit and cant be trusted to review a newspaper. :lol:

;)

this is starting to get funny :) lets change the topic then as FIFA WC 06 seems to be shit so lets talk how superior football simulation WE10 is and maybe how great PES6 on 360 and PS3 will be.

Last edited:
APX said:
this is starting to get funny :) lets change the topic then as FIFA WC 06 seems to be shit so lets talk how superior football simulation WE10 is and maybe how great PES6 on 360 and PS3 will be.

really really refraining from responding.:lmao:

what boots are there in FIFA WC 06 and what balls? pics maybe,,, someone? is the flipflap in the game what else? is editing kits and all this possible? what about faces are they editable? in the 360 version. what is that replay bug?can i save´em? what are the unlockables? can you change player lock type? why is the ball physics not as good as in WE10/? is the net physics more realistic in WE10? where do you see that? hows playing 10-15min halfs with the perfect&world class difficulty level compared with playing with 6-5stars in WE10? i may need to know some of those because i dont want to buy a shit football game.

Last edited:
How the hell do you change the difficult level for the World Cup Mode? does anyone know how?

Edit: im such a dumbass! just found the settings!!

I think the game is good and yes it is a bit like PES2 but then again I loved PES2 :)

DJ

Last edited by a moderator:
What would happen if you took the aggressiveness of WE6. PES2 and combined it with the world's most popular sport? Hello FIFA World Cup 2006, a hard-hitting, action-packed soccer game like no other.

The superstars of the Soccer World enter an arena of pain, surrounded by an electrified fence. Players have no where to run or hide and must hit or be hit. Although the winner is the one who scores the most goals, the street cred goes to the team that clobbers the other. Whether players are freezing their opponents with an ice-cold steel, blowing them up with the Groin kick attack or making entire teams flee in terror with a roving Chain Gang, gamers are sure to see something new around every corner kick.

You play as one of eight survivors from the World Cup semifinals and are paired up with your choice of Brazil, Germany, UK. or Japan to round out your team. A Kremling minds the net in this 11-on-11 free for all winners .

After you enter the arena of battle, anything goes. The pitch is surrounded by an electrified fence, and no referees are around to dish out penalties. Players are allowed to hit each other as hard as possible and at any time. The only catch is, if you hit someone who doesn't have the ball, they get awarded a Hooligan. Hooligans range from assholes that will make you wanna run faster to blue shirted cops that will freeze anyone in its path to handcuff that blow you to high heaven.

You also get a statistic for making a solid shot on goal. Players can attempt three types of shot: a normal shot, pass shot and Lob. The normal shot is as simple as pushing the Button. Charged shot calls for you to hold down the Button until the ball has a red glow. This gives the shot more speed and spin as it torpedoes toward the net. Often times, these shots, when blocked, leave the goalkeeper dazed. You can then just tap in the rebound for the score.

The most important shot is the Lob. It's worth two goals, and only your sister can try it. With this shot, you hold down X like A , but instead of kicking the ball, a meter appears. You'll need to press X twice, both times trying to hit the meter's small green sections. If you're successful, you'll automatically score. If you fail, the goalkeeper could fire the ball right back at you, stunning you momentarily.

The gameplay successfully merges popular soccer techniques with easy-to-use controls. The controls work on different levels depending on who's playing the game. You can just play with an arcade-like, two-button system that's as easy as passing with the A Button and shooting with X. Advanced players will take advantage of the massively huge hits you can dish out with the Y Button and chuck some Bottles at your rivals with the B+X Button. Experts at playing sports games will feel right at home with using the D-Pad for dekes, trying one-timers and making lot of passes.

Artistically, this is unlike any EA sports title you've ever played. The game art has a hot, urban street edge, and the characters in the game have enough attitude for three games(RTTWC06,WC06,07). You'll see when Daisy shows how smokin' hot she is after a win.

Bottom Line

This game raises the bar for EA sports titles and shows that you don't need a professional's jersey on your chest to play a phenomenal sports game.

Back
Top Bottom