2006 FIFA World Cup (EA Sports)

djdoc360 said:
Which stadium would that be OPM? even though RTFWC was poor it was nice to see high def Old Trafford :):)

DJ

Franken-Stadion Nuremberg. pretty nice to have it ingame.

tried the ps2 version today, i like it! it's no WE but the whole game seems to be worth the money.

I bought it for PS2 two days ago, and played it, it's similar to FIFA 06....
the gameplay is ok, but nowhere near WE.
Some of the player likeness is very good. The player models don't
look right.
The World cup games have too much confetti flying around...
Commentary is good, but can get repetitive...
Goal celebrations look un-realistic

It's ok, but not my cup of tea.....
I've decided to sell it on ebay....(within USA only)
http://cgi.ebay.com/FIFA-WORLD-CUP-...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Unfortunately i can only recommend the the 360 version to people. The whole purpose of this game is to kinda of soak in the world cup and no version does it better than the 360 vers. because if you have the current gen vers you miss out on the graphical side that is on the 360. albeit not to everyones's tastes...

ive got the game for my xbox 360...got it today...n its ment to come out tomoro..lol....im not complaining...i playd england vs germany jus to c how the gameplay is n its good .....n dont kno hu sed bout the Winning elevn similaraties...not for me ther isnt..ifink its a cool game i lyk it giv it a 8.5/10

Last edited:
mathewsss said:
The World cup games have too much confetti flying around................
Goal celebrations look un-realistic
No shit about the confetti. It drove me nuts right from the start.

Yeah, my first goal in the game was from Miro (Klose) and it did this stupid triple repeat of him jumping into the air with so much confetti it just looked dumb IMO so I know what you are talking about with the celebrations.

F1GG13 said:
ive got the game for my xbox 360...got it today...n its ment to come out tomoro..lol....im not complaining...i playd england vs germany jus to c how the gameplay is n its good .....n dont kno hu sed bout the Winning elevn similaraties...not for me ther isnt..ifink its a cool game i lyk it giv it a 8.5/10

are you only1tevez in disguise?

on a sidenote..im starting to get pissed off with fifa now. gonna try WE10 again

Just won my first game 3-1 against Germany. I played the game in semi-pro mode bit dissapointed I won so easily especially as it takes me about 5 games before I score on PES when I buy the new version.

The computer keeps possesion better and defends better proberbly even better than PES.
I also like the fact i can't just press pass before my player even recives the ball like I do in PES when I am tightly marked.
This FIFA version players have to get the ball under control before they can execute the move you want them to do however it is anoying to see them take a touch after I hot a nice low cross to them and instead of shooting they opt to get it under control but by the time they do this the chance has gone.

Commentry is not too bad and I would say it is the best commentry on any fotball game to date. I only played a friendly and didn't hear many chants. I hears Rule Britania being banged on the drum and another song on the drum but didn't hear chanting.

I scored 3 and hit the post 3 times, I hope it gets harder but I did noice there is a perfect skill level to unlock and I can always raise the skill up to pro from semi-pro. I think the game is good but not as good as people are raving it up to be but still fun to play and I am sure you would spend plenty of hours trying to unlock new things and gaining achievments although there is only 5 in the game.

I would give the game 80-85% on first impressions. The sound is really good it is as though you were there and the whole presentation is good. I dont hate the game but I am in two minds from deciding if the game is a good game or a great game.

I have played PES for so long and this game to me seems more arcade football than sim football although it is good to see the ref does not blow for a foul when you jostle for the ball, in fact the ref only blew for a foul once when a German defender brougt down Rooney and because rooney was at an angle rather than directly at goal I think it saved the German from a red card.

The reason I have always hated FIFA is because I dont feel 100% in control of my players, it always feels as though the computer heads the ball for me or makes the passes but the passes I feel it is me making them but shooting seems easy as all my shots hit the target but scoring with headers or even getting it on target is hard.

Unbelivable . I won 3-1 against Germany acheivment unlocked (you get a stamp for each country you beat on passport) I got 50 points but wait how many points do yu think I got in toatal? 50, 100, 1000 maybe errr no try 2-3 thousand points for winning a friendly .

Points for coming back from a goal down, winning by 2 goals, 2 goals in a game by one player and the list went on

Played this on PS2 and WE10, and... It's improved, but WE10 is masterful.

Something that says a lot - the last three or four WE's that have come out, I've played once, started to patch and never played again. WE10 I have been playing solidly since my copy arrived, and I haven't been on my XBOX 360 in a WEEK. I have never played a football game as good as this.

Sorry, but FIFA will always be "amazing" for the first few days, then when you realise that it's a dog turd in makeup, you'll switch back to WE. This time last year I was praising FIFA to the heavens ("it's got Tranmere, it's got a real league mode, it's got tons of stadiums, it's so much fun"), and it WAS fun. Until I realised I played the same game of football every time I picked the pad up, same kind of passes, shots, scores.

The "individual team styles" in WE10 (meaning certain teams ping the ball around all day, others attack VENOMOUSLY, others defend for their life), is what I've dreamt of for a long time. You could play three teams, all in black kits, and know who they are from the way they play. Fantastic stuff.

So, FIFA - it's alright for a while, but I'll tell you what lads, when you get PES6, you won't look back.

I've got WE10, but I'm sick of it. Its the best game, but the features are poor and difficulty has gone down. FIFA looks like a new challenge for a week or two.

Really? I must be getting worse in my old age then. :| Have you tried six star? And I thought the International Challenge was fab (although admittedly the Master League needs demolishing)!

Why cant ppl accept that someone prefers FIFA WC 06 over WE10. It´s just a game. And could we keep this thread about FIFA WC 06. You can praise WE10 on its own thread.

Last edited:
I'm definately buying this. Played it in Game a few times and its really good. Such an improvement on RTWC.

I'm actually liking this. Now just to see if it stands the test of time. Out of interest what camera angle, zoom and height are you all finding best?

Things to consider. Are people getting mixed up with RTTWC on 360 and the XBOX/PS2 Versions.

And in my opinion the graphics are still Morph/Play-Doh like and yet again a poor use of the licenses (dodgy kits again FIFA) and Football game with a frame rate slow down ;s

It still has the Monkey Walk and the poor face expression

The posotives are the game play has switched to a dumbed down PES4 style. Like the way were pefect passes and goals are so easy to make but has PES4 buttons.

I suppose its a start for them.

Last edited:
No doubt I'll get flamed for this but it has to be said, why can't people accept that this is Evo-Web where we all like WE and PES......... if anyone here prefers FIFA, go to some other site such as SG :|

easyeasyeasy said:
No doubt I'll get flamed for this but it has to be said, why can't people accept that this is Evo-Web where we all like WE and PES......... if anyone here prefers FIFA, go to some other site such as SG :|

Tell me if i am wrong but aint this a Fifa thread on a General games thread????

Love Pro Evo/WE but this Fifa is ok n playable.

easyeasyeasy said:

You cant not have a thread about it mate, tis not as if we have a whole forum turned over to it!!! We would therefore have to ban talk of love football or Sega's new footie game World Football Climax, tis bobbins idea mate.

I played RTWC and I know it was shite, fingers crossed this game is playable. I woudl love a return of the Virtua Striker footie franchise as I miss it too, thus there is room in the world for more than just WE/PES.

Still enjoying the game, but like someone else said, will it stand the test of time?

My new Gamesmaster arrived today, heres what they said:

Graphics:
Current gen versions look ace, but 360 makes the Beautiful Game look gorgeous - 90%

Gameplay:
Still undeniable room for improvement, but Fifa finally feels back on track - 79%

Lifespan:
Qualification, World Cup heroics and stonking online - it's just superb - 84%

Overall - 82%
More than just a top game - this is an event, and a blinding return to form for flailing Fifa

I like Fifa WC, it's not as good as PES/WE but it is fun to play.
I have only one question. Did you noticed that:
When you play the final tournament you have to select 23 players. So I select 23 players, but every time there are different players then I selected!!!
And if one of your players get a red card or is injured he is removed from the squad. And he's not coming back for the rest of the tournament. And is replaced by a player from outside the selected 23 players.

Oh nice the 360 version of FIFA WC 06 will hit the stores here in 4.5.06. i guess they´ve bought the game so much in south europe that they didnt have any copies left in here. I guess its selling pretty well! PC, Xbox and PS2 versions are in stores. or the Importer have fu**ed something.

Back
Top Bottom