2006 FIFA World Cup (EA Sports)

I played my first game on FIFA WC 06 with England v Paraguay on the default settings (Semi-pro) and won comfortably 4:1, but i did
not enjoy it.....there is something fundamentally wrong with this
game....especially for people who have played WE, like me....
I played a couple of more games, and that was it for me....now i've
listed it on eBay, just waiting to get rid of this game,
and then buy WE 10, which I am really looking forward to....

deftonesmx17 said:
Yes. Think about it though. Why did you buy it? Most likely so you could play a proper World Cup and FIFA 06 WC allows you to do just that, right?
No, because I wanted a next gen footy title on my 360.

The trick to this game is slowing it down. In WE10 or ANY WE game for that matter it has a strategic pace. THAT "strategic pace" is ALSO in Fifa WC 2006. In WE it's just natural. you just easily go with the players into open or closed areas with the ball and do set up pieces becuase of the speed and genral architecture of the game engine. In Fifa you MUST play with the pace control button RB(the top right shoulder button. with this button gameplay slows down and becomes more calculated. However sometimes the ball physics are less than poerfect but the game really really becomes better when you do this. IF you play it without rgually applying this method the game will feel sloppy and you will be selling your copy on ebay or leaving the store demo on the kiosks.

Have just discovered it (RB).. it feels quite realisic. Right now I'm annoyed with the AI... they dominate posession but never attempt to score.

I just played the game (PC Demo) on hardest difficulty and on slow gamespeed and it wasnt too hard has anyone played with those settings on the 360 version and if has how was it, i mean did the game end 7-2, 10-0. or could you play a close game with few goals? i think i will play with the hardest setting if its playable on 360.

We are all hungry for a good WE Alternative, however FIFA is not the game, at least for me.

Wonder who will be the next game company to give NOKAMI a run for their money.

APX said:
I just played the game (PC Demo) on hardest difficulty and on slow gamespeed and it wasnt too hard has anyone played with those settings on the 360 version and if has how was it, i mean did the game end 7-2, 10-0. or could you play a close game with few goals? i think i will play with the hardest setting if its playable on 360.

I play on the hardest level world class although you can unlock perfect level but I aint done that yet and the games are close. Most I have scored is 4.

ok the demo has Uber difficulty above world class and, its pretty good goalies arent better than in world class but AI attacks better they wont wait on some zone if you have ball in defence. and you can still slow the game if you pass smartly and know how to use all the moves. definetly gotta look one move ahead when attacking :)

Last edited:
Jack Bauer said:
.....snip...

Sorry, but FIFA will always be "amazing" for the first few days, then when you realise that it's a dog turd in makeup, you'll switch back to WE. This time last year I was praising FIFA to the heavens ("it's got Tranmere, it's got a real league mode, it's got tons of stadiums, it's so much fun"), and it WAS fun. Until I realised I played the same game of football every time I picked the pad up, same kind of passes, shots, scores.

The "individual team styles" in WE10 (meaning certain teams ping the ball around all day, others attack VENOMOUSLY, others defend for their life), is what I've dreamt of for a long time. You could play three teams, all in black kits, and know who they are from the way they play. Fantastic stuff.

So, FIFA - it's alright for a while, but I'll tell you what lads, when you get PES6, you won't look back.

Same here, FIFA just seems good initially, but once you scratch below
the surface, the shallowness is apparent....the gameplay is ok, but
not as good as WE...
the presentation, etc are good, but some of the things are just
very unrealistic....

After hearing about WE 10, where different teams play uniquely,
that is exactly what I want.....the CPU to have really good AI...
to make it exciting.....

I continue to suppoert this game on 360. From the graphics to the IMPROVED gameplay tweaks EA has done a much better job at realizing what they have had that was aweful is now less aweful and in fact not bad at all. it will be interestimng to see what they do for Fifa 07 i hope it will ONLY come out on the next gen consoles personally because perhaps then we will be looking at a different game engine.

I recommend that everyone changes the game speed to slow as it improves the whole game tenfold, now I see where the PES/WE comparisons have come from and it's only noticeable with the slow speed setting. I liked this game when I was playing on normal but now (in my best Dumb and Dumber voice) "I like it a lot" :rotfl:

Seriosly I reckon everyone should up the difficulty to world class put the camera on Action with camera height on 4 bars and Zoom on only 2, put the game speed to slow and change the controls to 'NEW' anolouge or digital depending on wether you prefer to use the joypad or stick. And then enjoy this game how its meant to be played and it plays a decent game of footy.

JayD said:
I recommend that everyone changes the game speed to slow as it improves the whole game tenfold, now I see where the PES/WE comparisons have come from and it's only noticeable with the slow speed setting. I liked this game when I was playing on normal but now (in my best Dumb and Dumber voice) "I like it a lot" :rotfl:

Seriosly I reckon everyone should up the difficulty to world class put the camera on Action with camera height on 4 bars and Zoom on only 2, put the game speed to slow and change the controls to 'NEW' anolouge or digital depending on wether you prefer to use the joypad or stick. And then enjoy this game how its meant to be played and it plays a decent game of footy.

I'll give that a go. I play on Dynamic full zoom no height and normal

I still think this game isnt that good. Its good for a FIFA. Easily the best FIFA in a looooooooong time. And I also admit that it can be fun.
But lets be honest here. Do you actually see yourself still playing this in a months time? I dont think so. Its one of those games that you play cuz its new and you want to explore the new aspects of it. You'll eventually get bored once you've seen or achieved everything this games has to offer. WE/PES isnt like that. I can still play WE6 and enjoy that a hell of a lot more than this game.

And you know what the worst part of this game is? That damn german TipTop song from the soundtrack is stuck in my head. :(

Last edited:
Do I see myself playing WE10 in a months time? No. This is a good alternative for a few weeks.

I found sideboard view to be very similar to WE.

Milanista said:
Do I see myself playing WE10 in a months time? No.
Trust me. After a month of FIFA, you will. ;)

I love the penalties in FIFA though.

? I thought you liked this game BumperMan? I think its very good when you click the play now, set the difficulty to a higher level and slow the game down like everyone else says. Im annoyed that the preset difficulty on FIFA WORLD CUP MODE appears to be semi pro!! god I hammered Brazil like 9-0 with England!! I do like it but yes after a while it does show a lack of depth where not enough new and good useful things have been added...... also it still contains the annoying bug of the goalie being over the line with the ball in his hands and it doesnt give a goal!!! and the other one is say you score goals with a player, you then take him off later and put someone else in his place, when you watch the highlights the player you put on is shown scoring the goals the other player did! I mean come on EA!!! some goodness in this game and yet you cant get some of the simple things right!! attention to detail FFS!!

Please add more depth, make it less arcadey when FIFA 07 comes along and you might be able to start challenging NOKAMI again!

DJ

djdoc360 said:
? I thought you liked this game BumperMan? I think its very good when you click the play now, set the difficulty to a higher level and slow the game down like everyone else says. Im annoyed that the preset difficulty on FIFA WORLD CUP MODE appears to be semi pro!! god I hammered Brazil like 9-0 with England!! I do like it but yes after a while it does show a lack of depth where not enough new and good useful things have been added...... also it still contains the annoying bug of the goalie being over the line with the ball in his hands and it doesnt give a goal!!! and the other one is say you score goals with a player, you then take him off later and put someone else in his place, when you watch the highlights the player you put on is shown scoring the goals the other player did! I mean come on EA!!! some goodness in this game and yet you cant get some of the simple things right!! attention to detail FFS!!

Please add more depth, make it less arcadey when FIFA 07 comes along and you might be able to start challenging NOKAMI again!

DJ

Yea that replay thing is stupid.

Thats why the game is crap, also players pace has no influence on the game. Players dont jump for headers.

RUBBISH

djdoc360 said:

DJ

You have to change the difficulty before you start the world cup in the world cup set up screen. Also I'm sure these bugs exist but I haven't had one yet except the replay bug but that doesn't affect the game, the gameplay is actually good once you get into it. True it's not WE / Pro Evo yet but it's a good game in it's own right and I'm happy I bought it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom