2006 FIFA World Cup (EA Sports)

djdoc360 said:
You cannot save replays on the 360 version its so bloody annoying! its one of the features that is in the Current Gen version but has been left out of the Next Gen Version... Including player edit and create a player!!

DJ

I agree thats a bit of a ram

I dont think its that bad to play at all..... at least the CPU dont cheat and your players dont suddenly play like Retards when the CPU team suddenly starts playing like super men....... :)

Im in agreement about the annoying fact it doesnt save Camera/Control options I mean WTF is with that? I dont think it does really look worse than RTFWC in honesty, at least the players look a bit more lifelike now and not madaume tassauds models! Also select the HD 5 times is bloody annoying I can relate to that.....

DJ

I dont notice the cheating of Pro Evo in WE10, not as much as I used to anyway. Sure its not ideal but they don't cheat so they are totally unbeatable anyway.

I'd rather play a game that cheats every once in a while than a game that feels nothing whatsoever like football, more like Dancing on Ice featuring The Muppets.

Not cheat so they are totally unbeatable.... right ill remember that next time a crap team beats me on 5 stars... :) its so unrealistic... crap players who arent even rated well suddenly start playing like Ronaldinho!!

But I agree sometimes it feels great and doesnt seem to cheat you.

DJ

djdoc360 said:
You cannot save replays on the 360 version its so bloody annoying! its one of the features that is in the Current Gen version but has been left out of the Next Gen Version... Including player edit and create a player!!

DJ

oh, that is fudging silly!

Yeah I know why do EA do that? we had create a player in NBA Live 06 for 360 so why not WC?

DJ

Have to say, I thought I'd play WE10 (I got Fifa before WE10) and remember how bad Fifa was, but I have done (played WE10) and here I am, playing Fifa again. It's still as good as I remember it and WE10 has not shadowed it as much as I thought.

It looks like its gonna be a keeper

Well flaw3ss I wish more people would be 2 dimensional with their football gaming as you are with both Winning Eleven and FIFA this time around, FIFA has indeed improved to a reasonable game im also interested to see what the next EURO PES is going to be like as there is no point me importing Winning Eleven.

DJ

Played the Xbox 360 Demo.
It plays just like the ps2 version of Fifa 06 with better graphics nothing much to get excited about especially as its only world cup teams aswell.

You know, I keep playing the FiFA 06 WC trying to see what you guys enjoy about it and I can only find one thing that I enjoy. That one thing is that I don't have to patch it before I play it, but other than that I feel the game is complete and utter crap. If you like the game then good for you, but I almost get sick playing it anymore. There has not been one goal I have been excited about yet. They all still seem the same and they just don't look right IMO. The few times where I did almost get excited the over used confetti and triple repeat jump/slide/flip celebrations ruin it........................

deftone, what level did you play FIFA on? I've the 360 version and while I appreciate the normal level is too easy, put it on world class and I think it's a decent challenge (I'm not the best at pes but competant on 5*). Because it's only a World Cup edition, I'll let them get away with no create player etc, but if it's missing in 07 then it'd be a big disappointment seeing as the on-field game is much better.

I always play the FIFA games on the highest difficulty. I used to be a FIFA player until last year. I only started playing the PES/WE series with WE8I and PES5 was released only a few months after I started playing WE8I. But once I found PES/WE, EA's best efforts still fall short of anything I care to play even though I always buy the new FIFA expecting to like it. Stupid me :roll:

I just thought I'd chime in with my opinion of FIFA World Cup. I think its the worst game I have played in years, theres loads of bugs, graphics are poor, and gameplay is terrible. Also, I have this problem now, where whenever I finish a game, and I press Continue at the end, it freezes, and stops working, so I cant even play it anymore. All in all, well done EA, you have beaten every other company to making the worst game in recent memory.

d12dotcom said:
I just thought I'd chime in with my opinion of FIFA World Cup. I think its the worst game I have played in years, theres loads of bugs, graphics are poor, and gameplay is terrible. Also, I have this problem now, where whenever I finish a game, and I press Continue at the end, it freezes, and stops working, so I cant even play it anymore. All in all, well done EA, you have beaten every other company to making the worst game in recent memory.

EDIT
d12dotcom said:
I just thought I'd chime in with my opinion of the poster above me. I think its the worst reply I have read in years, theres loads of bs, opinion is poor, and the sense is terrible. Also, I have this problem now, where whenever I read it, and I press backspace at the end, it freezes, and stops working, so I have to read it again and again. All in all, well done poster, you have beaten every other poster in making the worst reply in recent memory.

I've managed to finally play this, and I gotta say that I'm quite impressed. Here's how I break it down:

Good points:

- The presentation is great (once you overlook the flurry of confettis in the intro xD ), and I love how they put the national anthems of the countries in! Although it's beyond me why they didn't put it BEFORE the matches instead of after...

- The animations in most part seems good enough, or at least better than previous fifas.

- I like how it's quite challenging to pass around in this game, unlike in WE10 where every pass pretty much connects. The long passes are more effective than the WE series too.

- PK's. I absolutely love them. Why cant' WE series adapt this system and ditch the primative one they've got right now? The possibilities are endless with this system, and you have also perfect control of how you shoot the ball.

- Free kicks aren't necessarily better, but I like how you can change the angle you can kick it from and how you can add players to kick and players to set up on the wall and stuff. A lot of flexability.

- Keepers are about 100x better than the WE10 ones.

- Sheer number of international teams. Haven't seen so many International teams since FIFA 98!

Sketchy points:

- Headers. They're way too easy IMO, and HOW COME THEY DON'T EVER JUMP? Whenever they DO jump, and that's not often mind you, they jump like a feet off the ground max. All those standing headers look VERY ugly! Or maybe I'm not creating enough loft on the crosses, I dunno. If anyone knows a way to get around this please let me know.

- Shooting at times seems randomized. I would be on 1-on-1 sometime and I'd aim for the left side of the net... and I'd end up shooting to the right instead for some strange reason!

- AI is absolutely horrible, especially your own players. This is by far the biggest difference between FIFA and WE and you can clearly tell how primative FIFA AI is.

- Sometimes, I feel that everything is bit too "Stiff"... the gameplay has smoothened out, but it's not at WE level yet.

- Camera angles are brutal. Why don't they allow you to zoom in more?

Anyways, gripes aside, I'm enjoying this game and I'd definitely recommend it as a solid alternative to WE series. They've definitely come a long way.

Try playing the global challenges..... some of them are solid! its taken me a long time to get to the last few ones.

DJ

Bumperman,
After your last post, I'm inclined to say you need to grow up. Why is it that you have a quote in your siggy that says the following

Why cant ppl accept that someone prefers FIFA WC 06 over WE10. It´s just a game. And could we keep this thread about FIFA WC 06. You can praise WE10 on its own thread

Yet when all is said and done you can't accept others opinions about FIFA 06 WC. I suggest you look up the word hypocrisy :roll:

Why dont we just calm down and keep it real in these forums!! every single decent thread I read has 2 people having a go at each other! whats the point?

Lets all calm down and just stick to the topic and discuss WC 06. No comparisons to WE/PES anymore because that is a different game alltogether made by different people ok?

If you want to discuss how good WE10 is use the WE10 thread!!

DJ

This is primarily a WE/PES site, and they're both football games so they are inevitably going to be compared. As long as no one is hijacking threads there's no problem discussing the comparison, it's when folk can't agree to disagree it gets a bit messy.

As ive learned you cant compare WE to WC 06. WE is a miles better game it has depth way beyond WC 06 and until EA realises that and comes up with a more than fairly decent footy title it will always be that way. Next Gen Graphics and good commentary arent enough for me, the game has to have depth, the more I played WC 06 (ive nearly completed it on 360) The more it feels its lacking that extra which WE/PES has.

DJ

Ok finally got the game couple days ago and it is pretty much what i expected it to be. I think this game is definetly arcade multiplayer game where everyone can jump in pretty fast, and that is its best point it has fast pace and so its good game for quick matches with friends or in live(when it´s not too laggy). But when you play it against AI it starts to stink. There is bugs and weird stuff everywhere, like on corners with tele camera(what i use) you cant see the kicker or the angle because the quick menu hides those! also if you go onto the bottom side of the field the camera cuts the player models so sometimes their heads dissapear and stuff like that, theres all kind of unfinished stuff in the animation department like when you kick the ball the foot goes through the ball and then the ball moves to the goal. Theres a lot of this kind of bugs, and it does feel pretty unfinished. But still if you dont look too deep its good game. They need to improve alot more next time to get me buy another FIFA :)

Last edited:
I actually also like this version of Fifa pretty much. I'm tired of Winning Eleven because all of the small changes between the version, it feels like I'm playing the same game again and again.

They have got to sort out a fair few things before FIFA 2007, 1 give the game more depth and variation and make it less arcadey, 2 sort out them pathetic player turns! and especially when you have just taken the ball off of the CPU and you turn to go away from them and they miraculously steal it straight back from you!!, 3 allow us to skip the substition cut scenes... zzzzz, 4 Remove more of the scripting from the game and make the shooting system even better than it was for WC 06, 5 Include a decent player and potentially team edit mode and allow us to make our own strategies/formations!, 6 remove them stupid bugs that are in FIFA RTFWC on 360 and on 06 for Current Gen!!! them being the stupid bug where the goalie has the ball in his gloves over the goal line and no goal given!! and also the oddity of the highlights and the wrong players scoring goals or making fouls etc...

If they do this they might just have a WE/PES Challenger.

DJ

I'm a pes fan for a while( iss 64 ), but i have to say that this FIFA is quite good. Ok, it's not perfect and it's more arcade than winning or pes, but you can't say this game is shit.

Its definitely one of the best FIFA's but its still a fair few slices short of the full roast. Thats the shame of it EA never seem to put them licenses and in this case the next Gen Xbox 360 to full use!. They simply make a few codes adjustments, change graphics and thats about it.

DJ

Does anyone know of a definitive control list?
Are there more moves available than whats in the manual?

EA almost got it right this time with FIFA WC but theres something lacking and the feeling you get when you score isnt on par with WE.

Onbail spot on mate, the game overall lacks depth and lacks the different and great things that happen in PES.

Roll on PES6 for Xbox 360 in October :)

DJ

Back
Top Bottom