Whatever happened to..... [Name Player X ... ]

juveg.png
:(

:(

Anyways....

Olivier Kapo- Don't remember where he went after Juventus sold him. Showed some glimpses of talent and I remember believing he would turn into Nedved's replacement, guess not.

Rolando Bianchi- Had that one awesome season under Mazzarri that led to a transfer to Manchester City. Flash in the pan but that season he had at Reggina was incredible.

Andreas Hinkel-was called up to the German national side I believe and used to play for Stuttgart. Was supposed to be a good RB

And some others...
Jerome Rothen
Marcelo Salas

Vagner Love.

higly rated striker in his home country, playing in Flamengo forward line with Adriano...actualy in his case, considering he played for CSKA wich is not biger club in world as Flamengo..it is not a step down.. maybe the fact he dont play for Brazil anymore but they have many players to choose from..

Love will be in europe in no time.. imo..

Andreas Hinkel-was called up to the German national side I believe and used to play for Stuttgart. Was supposed to be a good RB

Hinkel actualy is a regular member of German NT if i am not wrong..he playes for Celtic now ;)

Two tragic things from Germany I have to add.

1. Franck Patrick Njambe
He was in a great form in the second team of Borussia Dortmund and later
made his first appereances in the Bundesliga for the first team of
Borussia Dortmund in the age of 19, he should get a professional contract.
He played for the U-20 team of Cameroon, too. In the age of 21 he got
heart problems and had to quit his career :(

2. Pierre de Wit
He is the most unlucky player I have ever saw. He was in the U-19
team of Bayer Leverkusen, a fantastic talent. So he got a professional
contract for the first team and they loaned him to Osnabrück. In
2 years at Osnabrück he got 2 cruciate ruptures, so he went back to
Leverkusen but still in a great form after the injury, everyone thought
this will be his season at Leverkusen but again got a cruciate rupture.
So Leverkusen sold him to Kaiserslautern and after a few fantastic
matches from him he get again a cruciate rupture.
So unlucky player :( 4 cruciate ruptures and just 22 years old.

@Dom, Andy VdM was a good player for a couple seasons imo. But it is true that even at that time, some including you I believe, thought he was over-rated and being hyped too much and while they were in the minority, they were right.

Anyhow, apparently he signed for PSV recently. You're Dutch so you know a lot better than I do. He could do a LOT worse considering his downfall and diminished ability! And perhaps he's headed that way anyway, it's a short-term contract. Let's see how long he'll last there... and what his next club will be.

He wont play a game for PSV. He's way overweight(had a musle injury recently, typical for overtraining after years af laziness) and he has some serious personal issues involving his daughters health I beleive.

Olivier Kapo- Don't remember where he went after Juventus sold him. Showed some glimpses of talent and I remember believing he would turn into Nedved's replacement, guess not.

His lack of impact was so grand, I had already forgotten him :LOL:. One of the many who we never gave a fair chance really.

Haha yeah though to be honest, Kapo has shown so little of his early potential at Auxerre (what a team that was btw along with Mexes, Djibril Cisse, Boumsong etc. under Guy Roux) at his subsequent clubs as well, that Juve probably didn't lose much by letting him go.

As for Andy Vdm, yeah even though PSV ain't the team they used to be, I thought he could do a lot worse than the Eindhoven club, and perhaps he will soon. Let's see what's next for him... who knows maybe in the not too distant future, he'll end up at 2nd division Dutch club like Yildirim. :LOL:

@Cesc, I'm not familiar with either of those 2 players but seems like sad cases as well. :/

p.s. Here's another one.
What's Quinton Fortune up to these days?! :P

Last edited:
playd friendlys lately pes2010 online saw mido @ west ham

never thought hes still around, what happend with him, remmeber him @ roma then mm spurs ?
injuries ? laziness ? hes a good striker for me, talent wise

Quinton Fortune played for Tubize when they got relegated from the Jupiler League. That was last season orthe season before that.

About Fowler: he was considered as the next big thing, but IMO although a good player, he never lived up to the hype.

No I think you have him confused with Marc Antoine Fortuné (its pronounced "Fortune-hay"). I think Quinton Fortune is at Doncaster Rovers.

Kiki Musampa springs to mind. A talented player at Malaga, Atletico and - to an extent - Manchester City, but now seems to be rejected by every club he has a trial with.

And where would this thread be without the mentioning of Artuo Lupoli? 45 goals in 22 games for the Parma Youth team. Since signing, and doing well, for Arsenal's reserves, he has become a real journeyman and distinctly unimpressive.

As for Van Der Meyde, did he ever get his dog back?

Remember him, Francis Jeffers brought from Everton to Arsenal for 8 mil. as a very talented zoung footballer.

Was Danny Cadermatteri not another "promising" Everton youngster tipped for big things?

Igor Protti

Livorno legend went to Lazio and struggled. A shame his personality stopped him making the national team.

If you mention Musampa: Reuser another big Ajax talent who faded away.
And then the Frenck cousins: Le Tallec and Sinama Pongolle.

Igor Protti

Livorno legend went to Lazio and struggled. A shame his personality stopped him making the national team.
it wasn't his personality to keep him out of the national team. he was very good, but definitely not good enough to compete with the likes of signori, vialli, baggio and mancini.
Goonerlover said:
As for Van Der Meyde, did he ever get his dog back?
:SS i don't know what u're talking about, but that sounds like an interesting story to hear :))

it wasn't his personality to keep him out of the national team. he was very good, but definitely not good enough to compete with the likes of signori, vialli, baggio and mancini.

:SS i don't know what u're talking about, but that sounds like an interesting story to hear :))

Over the past 5 or so years a lot of Liverpool and Everton footballer's have had their houses broken into when the player was playing in a match or playing an away match (so not at home for a few days) and Van der Meyde had his rare-breed of dog stolen along with his cars and a few other things. I dont know if he got the dog back though.

Just remembered another one, HATEM TRABELSI! lol

Tunisian Black player! Right-back, played for Ajax for a bunch of years, at his peak, was a pretty decent player. Had some injury problems too.

Musampa was a good one. Had totally forgotten about him!

Yah Protti was good. But Italy always had even more capable forwards.

Back
Top Bottom