WE9 - Q&A - Official Question and Answers Thread

Finally Juninho got a 99 in freekick :) Guess it took them f00z the Confederations Cup to finally figure that out.

...but Cris's skin color is 3 lol

Last edited:
Can we have some more information on the automatic sidestepping, are you able to dribble without doing it or is it really that bad?

Is the EPL Licensed? Sorry if this was asked...are ManUnited's "Blue" kits there? Is Park on United?

Thx...

IS FREDDIE ADU IN FOR TEAM USA?

errmmmmmmmmmmm is this how the boot assignment works in we9

lets say i wanna edit beckham
i choose all the five f50+ plus 4 preds so tha makes 9 non eds rite

then if i move to ronaldo

can i choose 8 eds and 1 non-ed as my set choice to pick for him

is that how it works?

or am i wrong

can u go to real madrid and choose 9 different adidas boots for beckham from the boot edit screen

then can u go to ronaldo and choose 9 different editable boots for ronaldo

do u undertstand wot i mean

i basically want to know if u can have a choice of 9 different boots for every player

pack of questions :

1. how about [outside of foot] shot with R2 probably? how do you do it how does it work
2. how does L1+[] lob work in WE9 is it utter shite like in WE8/PES4?
3. how about chip shot []+R1 is it as effective as in WE8/PES4?
4. how many dribble styles are in the game? ,I heard C.Ronaldo has fastest stepovers, which other player got it as fast as him? please check Robinho Joaquin Reyes Ibrahimovic Zairi Robben Adu dribbling ( L1 x2 )
5. how do you execute flip flap/elastico move? is it R2 x2?
6. how to execute dragback move?
7. did you score any header? is it hard to take a header with normal cross (O)?
8. any special goal celebrations you noticed? check Rooney Ronaldo Beckham and Ronaldinho ones
9. any new tricks in this edition?
10. do you enjoy the game :]

that's it for now hope to see some replies tho :D

2 simple questions:

Can we turn off the radar completely.. ? and can I find out more about camera types/angles etc. I`m a big fan of TV3 camera type in Japanese WE(s) and Television 3 in WE (internationals) and PES(s). Did they improve TV3 camera at all.. in WE8 and LWE it was too low to the ground..it needed a little lift.. like when watching Champions League matches.. or EPL.. it also depends what stadiums you play on in realistic life. I.E Highbury uses that broadcasting 3 /sideline/ camera and Old Trafford, Stam. Bridge use Broadcasting 3 that is lifted a bit.. now In Camp Nou it uses that Normal Intermediate one..

Can you guys talk about this a bit.

el crack total said:
pack of questions :

1. how about [outside of foot] shot with R2 probably? how do you do it how does it work
4. how many dribble styles are in the game? ,I heard C.Ronaldo has fastest stepovers, which other player got it as fast as him? please check Robinho Joaquin Reyes Ibrahimovic Zairi Robben Adu dribbling ( L1 x2 )
8. any special goal celebrations you noticed? check Rooney Ronaldo Beckham and Ronaldinho ones

Just played for a few hours but turned the game off a few mins ago so won't be able to answer all of you questions.

1. I tried pressing and holding R2 while shooting but I didn't see any difference from normal shots.
2. Never tried as I don't use the L1 lob.
3. Square+R1 is a lot better than it was in WE8:LE, there was no point in even trying that lob in LE as it was so low (knee height). In WE9 it goes over the keeper if you max the power but they aren't as easy to lob because of better GK AI. Nowhere near as effective as it was in WE8/PES4.
4. Never tried extensive dribbling in WE9, gotten used to the non-effective dribbling that was introduced in WE8:LE so didn't really try it in WE9 except once when I played with Juventus. Did some neat stuff with Zlatan, but nothing new.
5. L1 x3 as in WE8:LE.
6. While standing still press and hold R2 and press the opposite direction (d-pad/analogue).
7. Yes, the headers are immensly improved. Corners are lethal now, 80% of the time you get a header either at or on goal, there's also nice headerbattles with the defenders in the box.
8. Can't be bothered with celebrations, press Start as soon as I score.
9. Not that I've seen, only the dragback. A lot of new animations though, some are great but a couple of them look a little dodgy.
10. Yeah, really enjoyed it :) Only thing that's REALLY annoying me is that they've made the move that, IMO, mildly revolutionised gameplay in WE8:LE, which is when you press and hold the opposite direction when receiving a pass the player turns his body, letting the ball past him and then picking it up. Now they don't do that as often when you press the opposite direction, they take the ball into possession and THEN turn as in all previous versions before WE8:LE, this really bugs me, so ineffective and slow. They do it all the time in real football. BUT apart from that I did have a good few hours so far with the game! Just have to play against mates tomorrow to really appreciate it more!

no time to actually use it

yes

nop, need more practice, you need to be near the keeper

dribbling is dead.

x3

r2+back, pretty useless and again, no time to use it

crossing i think is harder to score now, and it works the same way, but the bodey balance works in deferent way now, you have to move the player manualy and hit the ball early

nop..there gotta be loads of new celecbrations

nope

nope..TILL NOW

@ pk9

9 slots at all - not for every individual player.

el crack total said:
pack of questions :

1. i did some shots with the outside of the foot but that depends on the way how the ball rolls to you, how you stand, ...

2. i forgot how it was on pes4/we8 but it's pretty much the same like we8le

3. like above

4. i'll check it in the next few minutes - i just know that when you press L1 twice or 3times - ronaldinho makes first a stepover but finishs it with the elastico.

5. R2x2 and like above

6. while standing with the ball r2 and then back

7. headers are great now but not too easy and not impossible like we8le. manual crosses (with the powerbar are just gorgeous now - faster, better, more dangerous). from time to time you gotta position your player with r2 to land a score with a header or volley.

8. i'll check them but again in a few minutes gotta answer other questions on other sites too. btw in the previous part you could choose 2 celebretions for a player, couldn't see that in we9 but instead there are 4 types of running!!!

9. some (actually a lot of) new animations which give the game a whole different feeling. the feint you did with up/down in the earlier part (you know where he does that quick left to right or via versa thing) is easier now.

10. guess what...

@johan

you can shut off the radar and tv camera is imo still to much on the ground - but i don't know how it was in the previous part!

@ppl who has the game

i read (somewhere) that we can choose between 4:3 and 16:9 mode - where??? couldn't find it.

Last edited:
My question is about the chants. Has anyone looked at the chants file structures? Are there more teams we can give chants too? Also, do the licensed teams have real chants?

@ Zlatan#9 , filthydani , ethem
tnx for answers! neat stuff I almost wet my pants :]

one more question and I'm off to bed : ONLINE
what's up with that?

foxtrot said:
Doubla R, yes you can choose the adidas number style in edit mode.

Thanks a lot for replying, sorry I didn't thank you before but I wasn't home, how did you get this info because from the looks of your sig you don't have the game, I still believe you, and thanks a lot, also, I don't really get this whole 9 slots for boots and stuff.. how does it really work..

a few important questions:

-the computer still cheats at the end of the match?
-are your players restricted from movement in throw-ins (eg. you can't mark the cpu player)

Kezz said:
Choose the first option in your options main menu. At the bottom you'll find a japanese writing with WE8LE and a circle button. Go there and press circle, it imports your data then. After that, just keep on pressing the circle button. It should import many translated player names, team names and stadium names (maybe even more?).

lmao

manutd12 said:
a few important questions:

-the computer still cheats at the end of the match?
-are your players restricted from movement in throw-ins (eg. you can't mark the cpu player)

Never noticed any cheating by the computer.
They are, also on goal kicks unfortunately :\

Hello,

I have questions about the Master League:

1)How many teams in division 1 and division 2?(There is an option you can buy in W.E. Shop about editing the league,ins'it?)

2)Can you start the ML with your team's default roster?(I mean the real life roster)

3)I read,computer can do the training for you.Is this real?-I Hope(For raising stats)

4)How may players can you buy?(In PES 3 you can buy 40 but in PES 4 You can buy only 32)

5)And any other differences from W.E.8?

thanks...

I think this was fixed in we8le but do players still try to do headers outside the box instead of attempting a volley?

Back
Top Bottom