WE9 - Q&A - Official Question and Answers Thread

NO-ONE HAS MENTIONED GOALKEEPER ANIMATIONS. I'M GETTING VERY ANGRY.

BK_83 said:
erm 3 questions from me:
does player always balloon header from cross?
does transfer made in edit mode affective in master league?
does snow pitch affect gameplay?

p.s im off to sleep, hopefully when i wake up i can play we9

anyone know the answer to this? especially the snow physics question.

Thank you alot

NO-ONE HAS MENTIONED GOALKEEPER ANIMATIONS. I'M GETTING EXTREMELY ANGRY.

PLF said:
Kezz can you explain it more in detail for me?
Where do I go to load up my we8le optoin file?

Choose the first option in your options main menu. At the bottom you'll find a japanese writing with WE8LE and a circle button. Go there and press circle, it imports your data then. After that, just keep on pressing the circle button. It should import many translated player names, team names and stadium names (maybe even more?).

I have a couple of hundred questions, if you'll indulge me! (Well maybe not 200, but a few!

1: Could somebody do a picture of all the different editing options and kit styles (like someone did for WE8) or if not explain how the kit is broken down, for example could you have the adidas stripes on the sleeves, and still have stripes on the shirt (like Newcastle)?

2: How many options are there for number/name fonts - for example shape colour position etc. I've heard you can make the font one colour and have a different outline. And are the PremierLeague style numbers available in edit mode?

3: Is it true that you can choose dribble animations for individual players? (like C. Ronaldo's upright running)

4: Can you create teams from scratch, or do you have to overwrite an existing team?

5: Is the throw in system like PES3 (Where you controlled the reciever?)

6: Do players still stumble when they tackle?

Thanks very much for your help, it is very much appreciated!

Mike

You can turn on a player fatigue bar to show under the player name, don't know if it was already mentioned. Nice.

5: Is the throw in system like PES3 (Where you controlled the reciever?)
No.

6: Do players still stumble when they tackle?
Maybe a bit, but certainly not as much as before.

Last edited:
Thank you Ike and Kezz.. i'll have a go at it and tell you if it worked later.

take care guys..

not in normal play. But it has it for FK's even and of course you can still HOLD X longer during normal play and it'll give to further man like in LE but no there is no bar unless play is stopped.

Kezz said:
Choose the first option in your options main menu. At the bottom you'll find a japanese writing with WE8LE and a circle button. Go there and press circle, it imports your data then. After that, just keep on pressing the circle button. It should import many translated player names, team names and stadium names (maybe even more?).

if i may elaborate on this:

go to:
-options
-first choice
-bottom choice (press left/right to select WE8 or WE8LE)
-keep hitting O until you get to a screen with a bunch of boxes (blank or filled with club team flags)
:: there are two sets of boxes, if the boxes on top are empty then it isn't seeing any edited info. this is what it did on my WE8LE option file which confused me. it may be because i was using a downloaded option file, and on my ps2 browser it shows up not as WE8LE option file but corrupt date
:: if the boxes on top have club flags in them, then we9 is seeing edited data
- select the 2nd option to import all of the edited data into WE9 (i tried this again with my WE8 option file and it worked! i now have most english player names!!!!)

is what filthydani say true? is the game ruined for analog users?

C.Ronaldos stepovers are much, much faster than before, in pes4 it seemed like he stopped before doing them. Flip flap is fricking easy and effective, makes defenders look stupid.

ill be online in next half hour to answer any questions (dads setting up new tv downstairs where ps2 is 37" pro evo!. Be on till 12:30, only played on 20m each way game though which ended in a draw 0-0 and went to penos, lost:(

Ok fatality, basically is this game worth the £51 i've shelled out for importing it. Bare in mind i've played this game since ISS on the PSX (not as long back as most people, but tbh, i've had a lot of experience of the series)?

Cheers.

Fatality, you said you did not notice the R2 sidestep now being performed just by pressing UP or DOWN. Do you play with analogue or pad? How come some notice the change and some not??

Well ive only played one game but i really didnt notice! I dont use the side step often at all, i dunno what to say, i dont play with analogue i play with dpad, only use the right analogue for the tricks.

Is is worth 51 GBP, dunno yet i havent played that much, i fucking enjoyed portugal brazil though.

Back
Top Bottom