WE9 - Q&A - Official Question and Answers Thread

MarioCarrillo said:
How many clubs from america, or any other part of the world outside europe there are?
And if you can the Names
THANX A LOT

I dont know lol, serious ive only done my yearly ritual a game between brazil and portugal didnt check anythign cause pa was on his way back with tv. Ill check later for ya k.

Was that guy talking about me poisoning?

Thanks Kezz, Ike and Foss for explanantions.. not sure exactly how i did it after all ;) but i've got most names in english now but can we only get Player & team names from option file?? because i notice my edited stats from before/apperance/team formations and more stuff isnt there... or maybe there is option i've just clicked on wrong stuff.

Also as sad it sounds Massacre.. i've had few matches go to PK's so far and NO.. still same boring thing.. with no new flair added i guess :( no chip penalty no thing.. maybe player runs are different but wow.. big deal.. that doesn't even matter.. there was 3 styles before as well.. what mattered was somehow adding another element to PK's to make less dull but it seems nothin has changed about it.

Also I noticed that it seems now whatever 2 teams you play against each other in exhibition, will have their flags on match before it starts so it doesn't have to be derbies anymore like before.. it now happens every exhibition game.

Also for fk, you now have to press L2 instead of "Select" to make a 2nd man come beside you but still not sure how you get him to roll the ball with sole of his foot? anybody know??

Finally i've got a 2:31 sec clip of Milan vs. Feyenoord but it's 33MB.. ?? Nothin special but i do hit the post with a Crespo header.. and jus general gameplay i guess.. if anyone's interested let me know and i'll upload if not.. forget it..

im out

MarioCarrillo said:
How many clubs from america, or any other part of the world outside europe there are?
And if you can the Names
THANX A LOT
There is River, Boca and then 2 new teams of Santos and Sau Paulo so no more Fred or Cruzeiro :( I'll have to create him ;)

Also other teams in there from Europe new are Fenerbahce and Shakhtar that I've noticed so far. Don't think there is any other ones.

No-one else got any questions? Only got about 15 mins....ill check...could be another half and hour actually. Get thos Q's rolling.

yeah, I do. Is there a hidden Stadium to buy at the store? Maybe bernabeu? Has the grass texture improved from the dissappointing WE8 one?

God im so shite at answering q's i didnt look, however i do know that there is one from earlier conformation, maybe somone else could field that.

Lovejoy! said:
Ok fatality, basically is this game worth the £51 i've shelled out for importing it. Bare in mind i've played this game since ISS on the PSX (not as long back as most people, but tbh, i've had a lot of experience of the series)?

Cheers.

there :)

I did answer it, sort of, from the game i played yes i think its fucking brilliant, the reason i love it is because its like having to learn a new game all over again like with other pes games. this is my first WE game and i must say (as im buying pes5 aswell) if pes5 is an update of this its beers all round. Worth every penny, however ive only played one game! others seem to like it as well. Ill post a more fuller update when ive had some closer time.

Soz for not answering first time! :)

Yeah have to agree here, its a different ball game,

Movement looks the same feels the same but is different, more battles for the ball
and you can play more direct, have some problems with short passes especialy direction, but time will learn,

General feeling is better AI, keepers are a lot better, not seen any one handed dive though, only one time one handed stretch up for a lob

Only new trick seen sofar is kind of pullback, but got fouled before i could see replay

loads more animations.

Its not we8le

Ive seen a one handed save, i shot diagonally across goal wit KAKA and he one handed it towards my player,got tackeld though.

Not sure if this has been asked but the fair play rules are in.

A player can go down injured, but play carries on. Then the ref stops the game and sorts the injured player out. Once the game restarts the ref drops the ball to the opponent and he'll kick it to your keeper. :)

Here's a vid of the drop ball:

http://www.danny18.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/dropball.3gp

Last edited:
Cant believe people have no more q's, ah well if you do have some pm me and ill try to get back to yall. On for another ten mins id say.

Fatality, are u portuguese? Anyway, congrats to all of those who already own the game! It`s always a rush, scrolling the menus for the first time, preparing a game, discussing the novelties, checking the updates and the new things... Winning eleven sindrome,alright! Is there a cure? A few months and everything returns to normality... Enjoy

As i say havent seen teams (cologne a team right?) nor have i seen any players besides portugal and brazil. Soz i cant help!

matrix808 said:
I dont think most transfers are done
robinho not with madrid
vd Vaart not with HSV
etc

well, in know that the team-roosters aren´t up-to-date, and it´s ok with me. i´d like to know if teams like cologne, frankfurt and duisburg are actually in the game, or is it still Bochum&co (which are now in the 2d division).

ok i check as soon as possible, looked at some clubs, but shortly, saw dutch competition all new clubs so thats updated, but that league is licensed.

I will get back on that

How is the COM playstyle? Is it based around rebounds and long range shots, or does it build up play and pose some real threat? Can anyone already comment this? Thanks.

Com passes alot more ive noticed, not so much punt and run (4 stars), alot more intelligent in tackling, wont lunge in. Didnt shoot from long much but in match there wasnt alot of shooting, all of it speculative from me (shooting bar very sensative).

Alot of middle ground scraps, fouls given away very easily cause refs like their whistle.

AI looks a lot better, defenders smarter, goal keepers more active, more midfield play, than we8 just like we8le,

but overall feels a lot better, but played only 2 matches against comp, the rest against mate

Back
Top Bottom