WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - News/Discussions Official Thread (Last Update 07/10/07)

I am frothing

Tucked in shirts do not hamper my gaming experience.

Much like how a car crash in Australia isn't going to affect me or my loved ones.

I've never felt so disenfranchised from my beloved PES community.

Especially as no one has a clue of what version we're looking at and think that the images taken a good 6 months before release will be how the game will be shipped. They are not going to sit on their arse.

Take some chill pills brethren. With Ronaldo on the cover I'm sure they'll do their darndest to make sure that those 2 extra millimeters of shirt will be visible.

Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - News/Discussions Official Thread (Last Update 07/10/07)

PES is a great game and when you see the room of improvements still left you have to feel frustrated.I mean so many basic stuff should have been included years ago like choosing who goes for corners and free kicks and basic footie stuff like that.The perfect footie simulation will never arrive as Han explainded but after each year I always feel frustrated that simple stuff keep missing PES and at the same time I can't wait to get my hand on this game .

It ISNT untucked! can people not see the Waist Band of the shorts? you WOULDNT be able to see that if a shirt was untucked and hanging over the shorts now would you?!!!!

Dude, they're talking about the blue guy in the background, not C. Ronaldo. That's really stupid.

Badgerman, the hype is a part of any highly unticipoated game. Why can't i or anyone else mention it if it is important part of visual presentation of any up-to-date football game. When a player has untucked shirt it adds lots of realism to the picture.

djdoc, mate, i can't see any waist band to be honest and if u look at the full size picture you'll see that this player's shorts aren't longer than normal ones, but his shirt somehow is, so this is what makes me think that it is untucked.

P.S. we have nothing else to discuss at the moment due to lack of information from KONAMI then why not to discuss this matter...

Last edited:

Posters should be able to talk about whatever the hell they want to talk about (as long as it's related to the game, obviously). If you don't like it then it's easy enough to filter through the crap. I can't stand all the talk of nets, but that's what the scroll-bar is there for. Zzzoom.

Badgerman, the hype is a part of any highly unticipoated game. Why can't i or anyone else mention it if it is important part of visual presentation of any up-to-date football game. When a player has untucked shirt it adds lots of realism to the picture.

I'm not saying that there's no point in bringing up well structured points but the amount of shite people have been coming up with such as "This is how it'll be in the final build" and speaking as if they live with Seabass himself.

We all know that this will be in the final game, without doubt. It's been in the previous versions and will be in this one.

Perhaps we haven't seen it in the screenshots because it's being reworked, like with the entire game.

To be honest I'd be a bit miffed if untucked shirts were not in the game but it will in no way detract from the gameplay.

Pro Evo is about football, not frilly bits at the end of shirts that look like skirts.

Posters should be able to talk about whatever the hell they want to talk about (as long as it's related to the game, obviously). If you don't like it then it's easy enough to filter through the crap. I can't stand all the talk of nets, but that's what the scroll-bar is there for. Zzzoom.

Interestingly enough I do hope they change the nets as that is something that will affect my enjoyment of the game.

Great goals are great to score and make me feel great, but sometimes when it goes in it takes a few seconds to work out what has exactly gone on as the ball doesn't react properly.

Also I want proper post/crossbar stuff, like how the ball comes off the crossbar and bounces over the line before coming back out, shit like that. Stuff that actually happens in the game is what I want to see, not stuff that players wear as I don't really feel anything from watching a shirt move about, but a shot screaming in off the underside of the bar gets my juices flowing.

Dude, they're talking about the blue guy in the background, not C. Ronaldo. That's really stupid.

I'm pretty sure he'd be aware of this.

I also looked at the guy in the background and thought "doesn't look like it'S untucked to me". If it is, then why isn't Ronaldo's? I think people are worrying too much about these details when it's obvious that some things will be modified. I'm surprised nobody has moaned about plain black boots.

I am aware and I also do not think its untucked like SXFuzz said.

SXFuzz, no reason to moan about the boots as either they are not yet licensed or KONAMI will add em at the very end. Have you seen my zoomed screen btw? i think it's clear that player's shirt is untucked, but well if you think that it isn't that's your right.

Ahh the battle of the next gen soccer titles is almost in full flow! (well at least on Forums discussions it is!)

Ahh the battle of the next gen soccer titles is almost in full flow! (well at least on Forums discussions it is!)

EA wont be able to pump out a proper involving football game for a good 10 years.

Pro Evo managed to get the gameplay right way back with ISS Pro Evo 1.

Fifa has no foundation and none of it flows. They need to pull their finger out and work on making the game good rather than making sure it's on the shelves. I saw some clips of it and it is seriously embarassing.

You can have all the reservations you like about Pro Evo but the fact remains that it actually looks like a proper game of football.

I am aware and I also do not think its untucked like SXFuzz said.

I am sorry but in a previous post you where specifically referring to C.Ronaldo when you said it was not untucked, so don't go and crawl back now, we all make mistakes, and yours was pretty funny :).

@Badgerman: I think you will come back at that statement already by the end of this year. Because this time around it is not only EA who tells us how great Fifa08 is, its also the outsiders who played it. So there must be something good cooking there.

But where did you saw these clips?

Laughable comment.

Yeah it was meant to grab peoples eyes.

And you're hardly one to talk as you and you alone have contributed the most incoherent shite throughout this thread.

And thanks for the awesome rebuttal there.

Seriously dude im reeling

what a haymaker

omg

my honour

my e-honour

has been tarnished

by a guy

with a winner of pop idol in his avatar

and engages in console wars

my dignity

is tattered

how can i recover.

ps

earlier in the thread, i was gonna be blunt
had to restrain myself, from calling you a cunt
these past few months, you've posted shite
conributing nothing, but "360 i like
emot-downs.gif
(A-HURD A-DURF)"
but oh well, you hadn't got me e-angry
spewing crap, that that made no sense-ily?
then you did it, you misconstrued a laugh
pity it was me, now i'mma watch you bath
you belittling me, makes me forlorn
in return im coming, for your first born
oh i could go on for hours, but now its hurting my head
i guess i have to post, and watch you shit the bed.

go go go yippy yo yippy yay

taking a break from this for 5 mins before my head explodes

Last edited:

@Badgerman: I think you will come back at that statement already by the end of this year. Because this time around it is not only EA who tells us how great Fifa08 is, its also the outsiders who played it. So there must be something good cooking there.

But where did you saw these clips?

On telly or something.

I think it was the latest one. But still going on their track record they aren't going to suddenly bring out a Pro Evo beater. It is simply just not possible. They'd need a good 3 years to get close.

We all make mistakes. Its part of being human, I looked at the pic again and realised which player you guys were referring to.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: So much arguments for such a futile matter

I'm pretty sure he'd be aware of this.

I also looked at the guy in the background and thought "doesn't look like it'S untucked to me". If it is, then why isn't Ronaldo's? I think people are worrying too much about these details when it's obvious that some things will be modified. I'm surprised nobody has moaned about plain black boots.
In we10 in edit mode you can tuck/untuck shirts,but with some players Giggs especially he will start tucked then go to untucked.Then come halftime he'll come out shirt tucked in again so i hope it will be the same..

We all make mistakes. Its part of being human, I looked at the pic again and realised which player you guys were referring to.

So you still think is not untucked?

I am not sure. Only time will tell, all other shots we have had have not shown shirts untucked...

True, the picture is not that clear so maybe is just an "optical illusion". We will have to wait, but it does look untucked to me...

As far as boots go it looks like those crap reebok one's that are pes6.They may do a joint thing like with addidas as the did before.I would like to be able to challenge the goalie,kick his arse abit. Lets see Terry Butcher style bandages on the head.As we are talking of shirts lets challenge konami,,,,lets see a fucking ripped shirt.

Seems as if EA has stepped up their marketing,
While Nba 2k series was better the previous years NBA Live seems to be the only one with info out
Same stuff going on with Fifa and Winning E.
Is there a reason for that?
Dont tell me other producers got kidnapped or something ;)

Seems as if EA has stepped up their marketing,
While Nba 2k series was better the previous years NBA Live seems to be the only one with info out
Same stuff going on with Fifa and Winning E.
Is there a reason for that?
Dont tell me other producers got kidnapped or something ;)

Yeah, there is a reason. PES and NBA2K don't need marketing. They sell on their own.

Yeah it was meant to grab peoples eyes.

And you're hardly one to talk as you and you alone have contributed the most incoherent shite throughout this thread.

And thanks for the awesome rebuttal there.

Seriously dude im reeling

what a haymaker

omg

my honour

my e-honour

has been tarnished

by a guy

with a winner of pop idol in his avatar

and engages in console wars

my dignity

is tattered

how can i recover.

ps

earlier in the thread, i was gonna be blunt
had to restrain myself, from calling you a cunt
these past few months, you've posted shite
conributing nothing, but "360 i like
emot-downs.gif
(A-HURD A-DURF)"
but oh well, you hadn't got me e-angry
spewing crap, that that made no sense-ily?
then you did it, you misconstrued a laugh
pity it was me, now i'mma watch you bath
you belittling me, makes me forlorn
in return im coming, for your first born
oh i could go on for hours, but now its hurting my head
i guess i have to post, and watch you shit the bed.

go go go yippy yo yippy yay

taking a break from this for 5 mins before my head explodes

This coming from a pathetic Eminem wannabee :lol::lol::lol:

Go and watch 8 mile you tosspott.

stop crapping the thread both of you, please stay ontopic.

Maybe PES2008 Wii use WiiFit lol

this thread is whack now,with little information to offer.We have people resorting to personal attacks and comparing sony vs xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom