WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - News/Discussions Official Thread (Last Update 07/10/07)

wow... it kinda looks like it.. it looks untucked

Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - News/Discussions Official Thread (Last Update 07/10/07)

I hope Konami includes a switch foot button option for set pieces, I´ve been looking forward for this for years now!!

The kit IS actually untucked!!

untucked.jpg

At least looks like it when zoomed....

Konami reveals E3 lineup

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles (PSP; Fall 2007)
Contra 4 (DS; 2007)
Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party (Wii; Fall 2007)
Dance Dance Revolution SuperNOVA 2 (PS2; Fall 2007)
Dewy's Adventure (Wii; Fall 2007)
Fishing Master (Wii; Fall 2007)
Hellboy: The Science of Evil (working title) (PS3, Xbox 360, PSP; 2007)
Konami Kids Playground (PS2; Fall 2007)
Silent Hill Origins (PSP; Fall 2007)
Not listed is Metal Gear Solid 4, but we already know that a new trailer is being debuted at the Sony, Konami keynotes.

Peter Moore name droped pro evo soccer at the end of microsofts conference but you didnt see anything

Last edited:

I just hope C.Ronaldo won't be overdopped like Adriano when he was on the cover for the game.

no need to be such a homophobe dude, you got issues

Dont try to be homophobic, just stating a fact :D
It was only a joke, dont take it personally. I am not homophobic!!

What alot of people tend to forget when they compare screen shots is that ea do alot of "tidying up" in photoshop pre screen release. Konami are honest and take shots directly from the game.

Here is a little example of what i mean.

postphotoshoptu1.jpg

[/B]

Well Done :applause: EA is FAKE :P
good worck ;)

i wonder what they have done with the skill system i found them pretty useless on pro6

Hi!

Yes..fake..see the name on the ball (PES 2008)
Tschusss

pes2008ronaldorf5.jpg

SAME STYLE

imo with the shirt untucked...nike mercurial boots...long sleeves...head a bit bigger...and its perfect.

Brilliant example of why PES feels more like football with the players looking more like thier real counterparts.

FIFA players always look overweight to me, even Ryan Giggs looks like he has been on steroids for 6 months and he is skinny in real life.

I am pleased with the screenies so far released because they are the best we have seen in the series yet IMO

pes2008ronaldorf5.jpg

SAME STYLE

imo with the shirt untucked...nike mercurial boots...long sleeves...head a bit bigger...and its perfect.
Im glad you posted this well done. Its a good comparison of real life vs PES. You can quite clearly see its far too cartoony and in some cases a bit too colourfull if you ask me. They havent really changed much from last years 360 version (graphically that is) which is a bit of a disapppointment. I agree about the fans, they look all the same and very retarded but I for one would only see them on Cutscenes.... Thats another area Konami needs to work on from previous PES's is Atmosphere and Emotions. In a couple of those screenies it looks like they are working on it.... but how about Fan reactions? jumping for joy when the ball its the back of the net, if its the home team you get a tremendous ROARRRRR from the crowd.... a silent little section of cheering if its the away side... Its these little details that can make an average game head towards the Awesome direction. Edit mode would be nice if they expand it further from the PS2 version (maybe a Forza style layers idea so we can make excellent looking badges and logos instead of flat looking shit ones)

Again them shots demonstrate that the grass doesnt appear to be 3D, it looks rather flat (just like the 360 version) but hopefully not all the pitches will be generic Cut Up ones like they were in PES6 360.... Will also be interesting to see the line-up of stadiums included in this release, hopefully back up to the 32 odd we had in PES6 on PS2... if not what are Konami playing at?

I really hope we get to see some footage i really want to see how this game moves !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ I personally wouldnt get your hopes up. Unless (like EA) they have spent lots of time doing decent motion captures from players, it will look the same as last year. The game will probably still be a Super-Cancel Fest and you will still not feel like the players are 100% under YOUR control... PES has always been this way. Your player runs towards the touchline with the ball. Your frantically holding the opposite direction to make him stop and he continues to run how he is running and runs it out of play.... (CPU Scripting at its finest)

By the way.. from the C Ronaldo shot above you can see the Waist Band of his shorts, this proves that he DOESNT have a untucked shirt....

Last edited by a moderator:

Well Done :applause: EA is FAKE :P
good worck ;)
All you have done here is brighten the photo up slightly! I think FIFA 07 Next Gen's screenshots were pretty accurate to be honest.

^ I personally wouldnt get your hopes up. Unless (like EA) they have spent lots of time doing decent motion captures from players, it will look the same as last year. The game will probably still be a Super-Cancel Fest and you will still not feel like the players are 100% under YOUR control... PES has always been this way. Your player runs towards the touchline with the ball. Your frantically holding the opposite direction to make him stop and he continues to run how he is running and runs it out of play.... (CPU Scripting at its finest)

By the way.. from the C Ronaldo shot above you can see the Waist Band of his shorts, this proves that he DOESNT have a untucked shirt....
so true the ammount of times iv'e unwillingly ran into danger is ridiculous but hey there's always fifa like you said

Im glad you posted this well done. Its a good comparison of real life vs PES. You can quite clearly see its far too cartoony and in some cases a bit too colourfull if you ask me. They havent really changed much from last years 360 version (graphically that is) which is a bit of a disapppointment. I agree about the fans, they look all the same and very retarded but I for one would only see them on Cutscenes.... Thats another area Konami needs to work on from previous PES's is Atmosphere and Emotions. In a couple of those screenies it looks like they are working on it.... but how about Fan reactions? jumping for joy when the ball its the back of the net, if its the home team you get a tremendous ROARRRRR from the crowd.... a silent little section of cheering if its the away side... Its these little details that can make an average game head towards the Awesome direction. Edit mode would be nice if they expand it further from the PS2 version (maybe a Forza style layers idea so we can make excellent looking badges and logos instead of flat looking shit ones)

Again them shots demonstrate that the grass doesnt appear to be 3D, it looks rather flat (just like the 360 version) but hopefully not all the pitches will be generic Cut Up ones like they were in PES6 360.... Will also be interesting to see the line-up of stadiums included in this release, hopefully back up to the 32 odd we had in PES6 on PS2... if not what are Konami playing at?
Is it my interpretation or are you really saying this is an average game?? I almost can't believe it, but yes, it's really what you say. I am not sure if you really ment what you said. If you didn't, you just like to provoke people. If you ment what you said I will not take you seriously anymore. My guess is that you love provocation: your FIFA 08 avatar on a PES/WE forum clearly hints that way :roll:

Last edited:

Han, I for one am against provocation and thats not what im trying to do. I wasnt saying PES itself is average. I am saying that little details can often make a game which is AVERAGE a better game.

Some people on here really need to take a chill pill and remember why we are all here...

Also my DOWN LET US DOWN EA and FIFA 08 avatar is actually a dig at EA and FIFA. Year upon year we are promised a revolution on the gameplay front and year upon year they FAIL to deliver...

Konami have taken the "if it isnt broken dont fix it" regime but PES is broken in some ways... Scripting and CPU bullshit being one of those.

Han, I for one am against provocation and thats not what im trying to do. I wasnt saying PES itself is average. I am saying that little details can often make a game which is AVERAGE a better game.
Nice try :D , but why do you mention an average game in the context of our PES 2008 discussion??
Also my DOWN LET US DOWN EA and FIFA 08 avatar is actually a dig at EA and FIFA. Year upon year we are promised a revolution on the gameplay front and year upon year they FAIL to deliver...
Okay, that's a plausible explanation, but I think you also understand that people may interprete it as a cheer towards FIFA because you showed more than once that you are not happy with the upcoming changes of PES 2008.
You may hope FIFA 08 will do better this year because of your unhappiness.

Han, nope your reading too much into this. I am talking about games in general when I say average game becoming awesome due to little details. I wasnt saying that PES is average but making these extra things would make it Awesome. PES is good (CPU Bullshit aside) and if Konami nail the AI this year it could be the best football game I ever play... The reason I put it into context with PES 2008 is that im saying they could improve on this area as it has been the same since PES3 on PS2 and it would be nice for them to really advance the game.

I now understand why people got so pissed off at me when I misread their posts as something bad when it infact wasnt.

EA are cash cows. If you have read my previous posts about FIFA games I was very very NEGATIVE when FIFA 07 was announced after WC06. I said it would be the same old bullshit. FIFA 07 actually turned out good but then CL comes out just a few months later allbeit with some good gameplay tightening improvements.

i told yah asses....Konami wil shown nothing at E3
And the crowd looks alsow a little lame...u see the same ppl like 10 times in the pics.

EA conference tonite at 22.00 UK time I believe, let's see what they have to offer.

After that I wanna see what 2k sport is up to. Hurry up konami, the "no news big hype" propaganda does not work anymore since u have been giving us the same game for years.

Time to show us something good, too many hot games out there, no more patience to wait for your footie update without any decent gameplay vid.

I now understand why people got so pissed off at me when I misread their posts as something bad when it infact wasnt.
Well, it is a good thing you analyse what 's going wrong with the communication between you and other posters. I can add that you not only misread others posts; you also miswrite some things in your own posts ;) If you talked about changing a 'good' game into an awsome one, there would not have been a discussion about this between you and me ;) I know, you did not mention PES 2008, but it would have been easier to understand you!
EA are cash cows. If you have read my previous posts about FIFA games I was very very NEGATIVE when FIFA 07 was announced after WC06. I said it would be the same old bullshit. FIFA 07 actually turned out good but then CL comes out just a few months later allbeit with some good gameplay tightening improvements.
Funny! So in fact you are not happy with EITHER football-game? In that case I have bad news for you: The game you are after does not exist :)

I doubt that it is untucked :shock:

I often look back when the game is released with a moment of contemplation.

What would I tell myself and others if I could go back to when the hype train was fully in motion.

I'm pretty sure for this game it would be "stfu about untucked shirts ffs jeet fukken christ"

Also something along the lines of "TALK ABOUT THE 360 AND DIE." There has been bery few 360 people who have been bearable. Not to nail my heart to the PS3 cross but the amount of drivel contributed thus far has been less informative than the shite that I come out with.

Much love to Thomas by the bys as the amunt of stuff he's found over the years has been pretty grand. Ta duck.

Last edited:

I doubt that it is untucked :shock:
It ISNT untucked! can people not see the Waist Band of the shorts? you WOULDNT be able to see that if a shirt was untucked and hanging over the shorts now would you?!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom