UFL [All Platforms]

The beta has launched, footage is being uploaded and...

... it's looking poor. And I'm not talking about the bugs, I'm talking about the same rocket-ball no-physics silliness that's taken over EA's football games.

More than anything, it's the overly simplistic, occasionally grid-like passing moves on show in the final third. Absolutely nothing organic about it.

Had no hopes but was intrigued, of course.

The beta has launched, footage is being uploaded and...

... it's looking poor. And I'm not talking about the bugs, I'm talking about the same rocket-ball no-physics silliness that's taken over EA's football games.

More than anything, it's the overly simplistic, occasionally grid-like passing moves on show in the final third. Absolutely nothing organic about it.

Had no hopes but was intrigued, of course.

What dick move from them to claim copyright of the video. Looks like they dont want people to see the bugs.

The net physics fetishists are going to explode when they see this game...

Obviously a bug that'll be fixed, just made me laugh...

Also made me laugh that they've copied FIFA's old penalty system right down to the icons used.

No that's wrong, the code that was released was an intern test build and should never been released... This code has nothing in common with the official alpha test that will launch soon.

Here is the statement.

efootball 22 was buggy af & yet they didnt take down the videos. Just take a look from their tiktok channel, that glitchy hair though.

No that's wrong, the code that was released was an intern test build and should never been released... This code has nothing in common with the official alpha test that will launch soon.

Here is the statement.
I am sure the official test will be way different.

Sorry but these guys won't make the next great football game.

It is just pretty obvious from everything that they are showing what this is going to be:

An Ultimate team clone with Fifa gameplay being copied.

There is nothing original or exciting about this game. Nothing to differentiate on the market or nothing that feels like they have any own idea except for copying what is already there.

I really don't understand their direction, I mean sure it might bring them some money but you already have Ultimate Team on the market. And a Free Version of it with PES Dream Team.

They could have had so many ideas in which direction to go: a new innovation in a Career Mode, some own gameplay ideas and additions and so on.

Instead it literally looks like Ultimate Team if you ordered it on Wish.

There is just nothing to be excited about. I was more excited for Active Soccer which felt like a Love Letter to old school football games than this.

I would love for someone to try something different and innovate and really challenge the market with new ideas.

sorry these times are gone... especially for F2P games, where should the Money come from?

FIFAs gameplay is for me absolutely bullshit and Efootball doesn't take any steps forward in terms of gameplay and game modes.

yes UFL could be absolut garbage but maybe it's a "fair" FUT game with good gameplay, that's more we have now...

We will see, want to play it to prove it is garbage!

From the leaked build, to all gameplay videos so far and even their concept which is clearly a copy of ultimate team, you must ignore a lot of red flags to believe this will be a game with fair monetisation and good gameplay.

They have stated it will not be pay to win mechanics, which is refreshing/needed for a football game. We will see if they stay true to their word.

From the leaked build, to all gameplay videos so far and even their concept which is clearly a copy of ultimate team, you must ignore a lot of red flags to believe this will be a game with fair monetisation and good gameplay.

the leaked intern build can be months old....

it's the first football game that's completely built in Unreal Engine, with time and passion it could be a great game in the future.

I am in the bash train but I've seen or played the game in the Gold status... that's not how it works.

Fifa for example looked great in Promo videos and plays like shit...

the leaked intern build can be months old....

it's the first football game that's completely built in Unreal Engine, with time and passion it could be a great game in the future.

I am in the bash train but I've seen or played the game in the Gold status... that's not how it works.

Fifa for example looked great in Promo videos and plays like shit...
Their claim about the published version is funny. Because normally a mistake like that only happens when you publish a new build on test consoles you have.

So them saying it is an older build doesn't seem very believable.

Since why would you republish an older build to your test consoles (And then make the mistake of putting it on release).

These builds on test consoles also are normally well curated. So all of this seems very very unbelievable and more like someone trying to stop the backlash.

Them saying an internal glitch that suddenly made an older build available, yeah nope that's not how that happens on consoles.

These things have happened to other companies also (I remember the Vampire Swansong game leaking early through a mistake while publishing a test version) and it always was one of the current builds they were having.

Last edited:
Posts deleted due to the personal nature from the get-go. You know who you are and please don't kick it off again (or take it to each other's PMs at least).

Played a couple of matches.....it's really bad. Atrocious passing and shooting. Basically every shot and pass feel the same, defenders let easy passes through all the time, zero physicality.

Konami and EA have 0 reasons to be worried.

Back
Top Bottom