The PC Building Thread

Yes i got the ATI card, but i had the same problem with 12 but managed to get rid of it, but i can't remember how i did it...:COAT:

In FIFA 12 there was a graphic setting to stop the Micro Stuttering if you had an AMD card.
You could just restrict the frame rate to 60FPS or 30FPS, other than that I am sure there is an actual setting in the graphics config file.

I have not had a look in that file on FIFA 13 yet but there might be something in there to enable the micro stuttering.

Hey guys..

i have enough bits to build a new computer for my son that were left over from my last upgrade.

i need to get him a case and PSU. however i am thinking i could upgrade mine and donate mine to his.

currently i have a Llian li 1000 case - (god i remember paying £170 for this a good few years ago)

and i also have a 550w modular PSU - can't remember the make but it was a good one. has lasted me years actually and still handles my overclocked I7, dedicated GPU - 4 + hdd's with ease

i would need to buy a suitable midi case that will take SSD drives and multiple 3.5 drives, as well as a decent PSU. thing is i don't really need any new ones but makes sense in stead of throwing £40+ at a cheap case and psu for my son i could put that towards my rig and give him mine.

can anyone recommend any, particularly ones on offer? the case cannot be any higher than 457mm

Also looking for a new SSD drive to go along side my 60gb curcial M4, any decent offers?

thanks

Last edited:
Hey guys..

i have enough bits to build a new computer for my son that were left over from my last upgrade.

i need to get him a case and PSU. however i am thinking i could upgrade mine and donate mine to his.

currently i have a Llian li 1000 case - (god i remember paying £170 for this a good few years ago)

and i also have a 550w modular PSU - can't remember the make but it was a good one. has lasted me years actually and still handles my overclocked I7, dedicated GPU - 4 + hdd's with ease

i would need to buy a suitable midi case that will take SSD drives and multiple 3.5 drives, as well as a decent PSU. thing is i don't really need any new ones but makes sense in stead of throwing £40+ at a cheap case and psu for my son i could put that towards my rig and give him mine.

can anyone recommend any, particularly ones on offer? the case cannot be any higher than 457mm

Also looking for a new SSD drive to go along side my 60gb curcial M4, any decent offers?

thanks

He's too young for his own computer, give him a toy instead. Maybe even a pogo stick.

I know exactly what is wrong with your HD.

You don't need to send it back at all you just need to partition it.

Download Teamviewer and I can do it for you or google it how to do it within Windows.

I've just noticed got a reply, my bad.

is it possible you could sort it out for me still? that would be great

I've got my PC connected to a BenQ 24" XL2420T 3D monitor. Fantastic screen and 3D looks incredible.

I have now decided to get 3D when get paid at the end of the month.

I will be buying either the BenQ 24" XL2420T or the BenQ 24" XL2420TX which is the same monitor but has the emiter built in and comes with 3D glasses and also does 3D over HDMI, but I am having massive problems trying to find that monitor in the UK. CCL are awaiting stock so doesn't seem to be available.

Anyone know much about the Alienware gaming desktops? They look cool and are pretty powerful as you can build your own, but I have no idea if they're a rip off or not.

Anyone know much about the Alienware gaming desktops? They look cool and are pretty powerful as you can build your own, but I have no idea if they're a rip off or not.

If you want a desktop just build your own mate. Much better value for money, you'll end up with something more powerful and the building process is straightforward and rewarding.

I wouldn't recommend a self-build if it was in any way difficult.

I have now decided to get 3D when get paid at the end of the month.

I will be buying either the BenQ 24" XL2420T or the BenQ 24" XL2420TX which is the same monitor but has the emiter built in and comes with 3D glasses and also does 3D over HDMI, but I am having massive problems trying to find that monitor in the UK. CCL are awaiting stock so doesn't seem to be available.

I'll be honest and say I haven't used my 3D glasses in a while. It does seem like it's a novelty thing and when it comes down to playing a game, you need to turn on the 3D setting and then drop your in-game settings enough to still get a decent framerate. At the end of the day, I just want to put the game on and play so I've found myself just not bothering with the 3D.

That and developers still aren't exactly embracing 3D still. I think Borderlands 2 was fixed, but when it first come out the blood spills were still 2D and it just looked a bit messy.

I watched a couple of short films in 3D recently and about 10-15 was all my eyes could take. It's really not a technology I'm comfortable with and hence not interested.

The next big marketing push will be 4k, again something I'm not sure we need, at least not for many years.

4K is a resolution of 4096 x 2160.

But HD still hasn't fully caught on yet so not much point in 4K, I know games use HD but how many people do you know who just watch SD on an HD TV, I would say 60-70& of my friends just have SD and well my parents and all older people in my family only have SD.

I'd imagine that watching Blu Ray's on a 4K TV will be like watching DVD's on a 1080p TV. No point they keep pushing TV resolution that high until the TV Networks catch up. Even HD content you can pay for is rarely anywhere near proper 1080p :(

Guys - thinking of maybe upgrading my PC to an SSD with a fresh operating system on it with a new motherboard, new RAM, GPU, CPU etc.

Basically the same case with new components but I want to keep my current harddrive in there as a secondary drive. If I do that, will I be able to boot off the 2nd drive (the old one) or would I only be able to access data on there?

Guys - thinking of maybe upgrading my PC to an SSD with a fresh operating system on it with a new motherboard, new RAM, GPU, CPU etc.

Basically the same case with new components but I want to keep my current harddrive in there as a secondary drive. If I do that, will I be able to boot off the 2nd drive (the old one) or would I only be able to access data on there?

You would be able to boot off there, but if you want it for just data your best of backing what data there is on there to another drive then formatting it, so it does only contain data.

Anyone with an AMD graphics card in the HD 7700/7800/7900 range should give the new 12.11 beta drivers a try:

Windows 7 (& 8) 64 bit 12.11 driver
Windows 7 32 bit 12.11 driver

They apparently provide some very decent performance increases:

FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE AMD CATALYST 12.11 BETA DRIVER:

This driver introduces significant performance improvements for many games across ALL 28nm AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series products: HD 7700, HD7800 and HD7900 products.

Performance Highlights of the AMD CATALYST 12.11 BETA Driver

10%-15% more performance in Battlefield 3 in most cases
More than 20% in certain missions and sequences (Comrades)
Up to 7% more performance in Metro 2033
Up to 10% more performance in DIRT Showdown
Up to 8% more performance in Sleeping Dogs
Up to 12% more performance in Civilization V
Up to 10% more performance in StarCraft II
Up to 8% more performance in Sniper Elite: V2
Resolved issue highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 12.11 Beta

Resolves performance issues (where GPU activity runs at lower values than expected) seen on the AMD Radeon HD 7870
AMD Catalyst Mobility 7970M performance for AMD Enduro™ Technology supported platforms has been substantially improved for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications. An updated driver for 7970M users featuring AMD Enduro™ Technology with additional DirectX 9 performance improvements will be released soon.
3DMark Vantage – Up to 15%
3DMark 11 – Up to 12%
AvP – Up to 11%
Battlefield 3 – Up to 25%
Crysis 2: Up to 45%
DiRT Showdown – Up to 62%
ETQW – Up to 8%
Hard Reset – Up to 8%
Just Cause 2 – Up to 90%
The Chronicles of Riddick – Up to 4%
Shogun 2 – Up to 56%
Sniper Elite V2 – Up to 60%
Tom Clancy’s HAWX – Up to 56%
Unigine Heaven – Up to 33%
Wolfenstein – Up to 9%

Hi guys just need a bit of advice I'm going to swap my ps3 and my old iPhone 3G for this gaming pc!! The specs are
the pc has all software you could want,plus over 50 games pus more,would swap for laptop and ps3 together.. qaud core black edition 3.2ghz x 4 8gig gaming ram amd radeon hd 1 6 series 1 gb 1 500gbhhd 1 slave hdd 150g.in blsck gaming pc with 4 neon fans and see trough panel,fast system with gaming mouse and gaming headset very sound and playback

Do you think this is a good deal and will it play games on high setting with dx11?

Thanks

Hi guys just need a bit of advice I'm going to swap my ps3 and my old iPhone 3G for this gaming pc!! The specs are
the pc has all software you could want,plus over 50 games pus more,would swap for laptop and ps3 together.. qaud core black edition 3.2ghz x 4 8gig gaming ram amd radeon hd 1 6 series 1 gb 1 500gbhhd 1 slave hdd 150g.in blsck gaming pc with 4 neon fans and see trough panel,fast system with gaming mouse and gaming headset very sound and playback

Do you think this is a good deal and will it play games on high setting with dx11?

Thanks

Not with out knowing the full specs of the graphics card a Redeon HD 1 6 series?
Not sure what that is you would need to know the full model as if I assume right you mean a 6000 series but they vary so much.
It is pretty average spec for a gaming machine, but a good deal for a 5 year old console and an old phone? Maybe. Neither of you is getting a good or bad deal.

But the proper answer to your actual question is no you won't be able to play all games on high settings in DX11.

Last edited:
You would be able to boot off there, but if you want it for just data your best of backing what data there is on there to another drive then formatting it, so it does only contain data.

Thanks. I was thinking of having an SSD for operating system, a new hard drive for general storage and formatting the old drive and leaving it there as a render drive/scratch drive.

There is no MOD to make a PC FPS third person.
There are always loads of different mods for games but nothing like that.

Last edited:
Hey guys..

looking at getting a new pc for work and was going to buy this pre built machine for my office http://www.misco.co.uk/Product/Q571...nus-RW-Windows-7-Professional-3-Year-Warranty

seems pricey to me however i want something quite powerful as i run multiple apps and wanted dual display.

it got me thinking and my current home PC i use for gaming is i7 920, 16gb ram, ATI 9870

maybe i could use the majority of that PC for work and buy parts for a custom build i could then use for home.

what sort of spec will £850 get me?

i know some of you guys love pre building so would be happy for you to come up with something suitable.

would need to fit in a decent case but something not to big such as a midi case

thanks

Anyone had low mic volume issues with an onboard realtek soundcard and been able to fix it? Real bloody pain, tried all the tweaks, bought 4 different mics and no matter what the sound is crazy low, yet if I plug the mics into my wife's laptop they work perfectly. Need the mic to work well for talking on skype.

Hi guys I got this PC!! I want to upgrade it to be able to play the new games on ultra setting ect!! Will I just need to buy a really good graphics card or is there anything else I need to upgrade!! Could I get a good card for around a 150?? And what would you recommend?
I just couldn't resist the eye candy of the PCs compared to my ps3 anymore!

Thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom