The PC Building Thread

hi,

finally up and running from hdmi cable running from the 7850 to my tv

however thought the graphics would be sharper, am i doing something wrong?

yeah just had a quick peek at the demo and it wasn't as sharp as when i see people post pics when they have done a patch

also do you use the catalyst centre?

yeah just had a quick peek at the demo and it wasn't as sharp as when i see people post pics when they have done a patch

Download one of the demo patches (Jenkey's is probably the best) - any one that includes LOD mixer and blur removal. Then you'll notice the difference.

PES looks shit out of the box, even on PC.

also do you use the catalyst centre?

Yes, which version are you running? The latest driver is 12.8.

Anything you need to know?

cool mate that will probably be it then : )

yeah catalyst centre was just wondering if there is anything that i need to tweak to get optimum settings or should it do that automatically for you?

appreciate your help mate

cool mate that will probably be it then : )

yeah catalyst centre was just wondering if there is anything that i need to tweak to get optimum settings or should it do that automatically for you?

appreciate your help mate

If you go into gaming -> 3D applications...there you have all your graphical settings such as anti-aliasing and so forth. You're best off leaving the settings on 'use application settings' for the most part, and then setting AA levels and v-sync in game. V-sync in Catalyst is best left to 'off unless application specifies'. AA mode is best left on performance as anything higher will most likely cause a big performance hit.

Just have a play around really. You can set individual profiles for games if you want to use different Catalyst settings for different games.

The 'performance' menu allows you to overclock the card within Catalyst. Very easy to do and highly recommended, but probably best left for now.

The other thing to check is under 'my digital flat panels' look at 'HDTV support' and at the bottom see if you can select and apply format 1080p60 standard (1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz), therefore getting 1080p at 60Hz. With V-sync turned on in games your graphics card will (try to) deliver a locked 60 fps, as v-sync matches the game's frame rate to the refresh rate of the display.

If you go into gaming -> 3D applications...there you have all your graphical settings such as anti-aliasing and so forth. You're best off leaving the settings on 'use application settings' for the most part, and then setting AA levels and v-sync in game. V-sync in Catalyst is best left to 'off unless application specifies'. AA mode is best left on performance as anything higher will most likely cause a big performance hit.

Just have a play around really. You can set individual profiles for games if you want to use different Catalyst settings for different games.

The 'performance' menu allows you to overclock the card within Catalyst. Very easy to do and highly recommended, but probably best left for now.

The other thing to check is under 'my digital flat panels' look at 'HDTV support' and at the bottom see if you can select and apply format 1080p60 standard (1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz), therefore getting 1080p at 60Hz. With V-sync turned on in games your graphics card will (try to) deliver a locked 60 fps, as v-sync matches the game's frame rate to the refresh rate of the display.

My guess is the catalyst centre is the same as Nvidia control panel correct but for AMD?

just waiting for my wired 360 controller to turn up so i can play pro evo

out of interest what have you boys got your pc hooked up to? mine is a 55" led Samsung - what connection do you use hdmi or dvi? i'm currently using hdmi , does dvi display better quality? also can you use dvi when watching blu ray films?

You could pick up the wireless receiver for the pc rather than use wired controllers.

My pc is hooked up to a 42" Toshiba LCD over HDMI. I have it hooked up to my Yamaha amp via HDMI, with another HDMI from amp to tv.

I believe HDMI and DVI offer the same quality. Not sure about the Blu-ray question.

Last edited:
I've got my PC connected to a BenQ 24" XL2420T 3D monitor. Fantastic screen and 3D looks incredible.

Damn didn't think you could use a wireless, oh well nevermind

I've got a Yamaha av amp aswell Mate, sounds the nuts playing music direct from the pc tower...

I've been dipping my toe into the murky world of CPU overclocking this week. My 2500k is currently running at 4.4GHz (up from 3.3GHz stock) on stock voltage. Seems pretty promising seeing as I'm aiming for 4.5. Not done the full stress test on it but hopefully I can get there without needing much of a voltage bump.

I've been dipping my toe into the murky world of CPU overclocking this week. My 2500k is currently running at 4.4GHz (up from 3.3GHz stock) on stock voltage. Seems pretty promising seeing as I'm aiming for 4.5. Not done the full stress test on it but hopefully I can get there without needing much of a voltage bump.

Just use OFFSET voltage, I posted my screens probably about 10 pages ago now, but should get 4.5GHZ easily if you dont get too much heat.

What are your current temps?

Just use OFFSET voltage, I posted my screens probably about 10 pages ago now, but should get 4.5GHZ easily if you dont get too much heat.

What are your current temps?

Yeah but don't you need to find the manual voltage setting first?

Edit - I can only unlock offset voltage by setting vcore to normal. If I have vcore at normal what do I set offset (DVID on Gigabyte boards) to?

Last edited:
I think I have my OFFSET set to 0.45 but not 100% certain would have to check the BIOS when I get home.

Have you run PRIME95 and RealTemp yet to check stability and TEMP's?

I think I have my OFFSET set to 0.45 but not 100% certain would have to check the BIOS when I get home.

Have you run PRIME95 and RealTemp yet to check stability and TEMP's?

Yes, using Prime95, Realtemp and CPU-Z to monitor everything. So far I've just been doing the traditional method of raising the multiplier and voltage.

I haven't done any over night runs on Prime, just following a guide which recommends a couple of tests for 15 minutes which are notorious for causing errors on Prime. Once I'm happy with my settings I'm going to do a 12 hour run.

What is the recommended LLC setting? I've read so many guides and each one advises on different settings and enabling/disabling different things. A bit confusing.

Running prime now at 4.5ghz, 1.285v - temps range from 59-64 max.

Yes, using Prime95, Realtemp and CPU-Z to monitor everything. So far I've just been doing the traditional method of raising the multiplier and voltage.

I haven't done any over night runs on Prime, just following a guide which recommends a couple of tests for 15 minutes which are notorious for causing errors on Prime. Once I'm happy with my settings I'm going to do a 12 hour run.

What is the recommended LLC setting? I've read so many guides and each one advises on different settings and enabling/disabling different things. A bit confusing.

Running prime now at 4.5ghz, 1.285v - temps range from 59-64 max.

Those temps are perfect, you only need to worry if your getting in the high 60's as Intel recommend the Sandybridge CPU's never go over 70c.

Back
Top Bottom