The PC Building Thread

Hey guys..

looking at getting a new pc for work and was going to buy this pre built machine for my office http://www.misco.co.uk/Product/Q571...nus-RW-Windows-7-Professional-3-Year-Warranty

seems pricey to me however i want something quite powerful as i run multiple apps and wanted dual display.

it got me thinking and my current home PC i use for gaming is i7 920, 16gb ram, ATI 9870

maybe i could use the majority of that PC for work and buy parts for a custom build i could then use for home.

what sort of spec will £850 get me?

i know some of you guys love pre building so would be happy for you to come up with something suitable.

would need to fit in a decent case but something not to big such as a midi case

thanks

You still looking for a PC?

Hi guys I got this PC!! I want to upgrade it to be able to play the new games on ultra setting ect!! Will I just need to buy a really good graphics card or is there anything else I need to upgrade!! Could I get a good card for around a 150?? And what would you recommend?
I just couldn't resist the eye candy of the PCs compared to my ps3 anymore!

Thanks guys

What are the current specs of your PC?

eh up lads. need some help as you guys seem to know your stuff.

ive installed windows 8 pro on my desktop and pes 2013 doesnt work properly like. i go into the settings program and it says something about my video card and a lack of vram as soon as i exit it. it restricts me to 720p and in the specification tab it says bad regarding my gtx580 and that it doesnt detect the 1.5gb of vram that the card has. what can i do? it worked fine under windows 7?

eh up lads. need some help as you guys seem to know your stuff.

ive installed windows 8 pro on my desktop and pes 2013 doesnt work properly like. i go into the settings program and it says something about my video card and a lack of vram as soon as i exit it. it restricts me to 720p and in the specification tab it says bad regarding my gtx580 and that it doesnt detect the 1.5gb of vram that the card has. what can i do? it worked fine under windows 7?

Could be a number of different issues, but is probably incorrect drivers installed on the machine.

I have installed Windows 8 Pro on my laptop and not having any issues at the moment as all the drivers have been released by Toshiba. I have not installed it yet on my desktop due to issues with drivers and until I am happy with all the correct drivers being released I won't be installing it.

Or it could be a compatibility problem with PES 2013 and Windows 8, which will be fixed in a later patch.

hope so mate as I even downloaded the drivers directly from NVidia instead of usin the drivers that come with windows 8 and it did the same thing.

Oh yes sorry I forgot to post them!!
quad core x4-3200ghz overclocker ball 1gb hd redeon 6720 series 8gb gaming ram with heat spreaders can be upgraded to 16gb 1 maxtor 5oogb 1 x 150gb slave,i x lightscripe cd/dvd rw!!

Oh yes sorry I forgot to post them!!
quad core x4-3200ghz overclocker ball 1gb hd redeon 6720 series 8gb gaming ram with heat spreaders can be upgraded to 16gb 1 maxtor 5oogb 1 x 150gb slave,i x lightscripe cd/dvd rw!!

The graphics card probably is the only thing that needs upgrading. But knowing what the actual CPU is would be a great help.

Ok, so I'm back trying to overclock my CPU once again (to 4.5GHz). I've decided to put the time into getting a stable offset overclock, in my case a negative offset of about -0.070. So far so good, it's stable after a quick run of Prime but still yet to do an overnighter.

My question is, what is the consensus on Load Line Calibration (LLC) setting? I've got it set to low at the moment. Higher settings increase the vcore under load and hence increase temperatures by a few degrees too. But will a higher setting increase stability?

Just wondering where to go with LLC before a do a full run of Prime.

Been offered this for £500
Seems a good price to, especially the gpus included?

What's it worth? Don't really need one but tempted

has a blu ray player too
i7-2600 quad core(3.4Ghz turbo to 3.8Ghz)
Asus fancy motherboard
2x 570 sli (All games, set to max, at 1080p)
32Gb ram!
256Gb Samsung 830 SSD
320Gb Western Digital C Black
Awesome PSU
Hiper thermal case
Windows 7 HPremium x64
Office 2013 (Preview)

i just cost what it would to build approx that spec

£1135

i am really tempted and then will ofload mine

my spec is

i7 920
16gb ram
crucial m4 60gb ssd
usual decent asus mb
ati 6870 gpu
llian li v1000b case

what you reckon i could get for that?

ok done deal. picking it up tomorrow after 5.

he confirmed specs to me and he is throwing in a Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro as i need dolby digital live for my headset and dont think the motherboard audio does it natively.

he is what i am getting for £500 (bargain) - only draw back is the internal expansion, because of the size of the SLI don't think there is any spare slots

Asus P8P67-M PRO
has a blu ray player too
i7-2600 quad core(3.4Ghz turbo to 3.8Ghz)
Cooler: Thermaltake Frio cooler
GPU : 2x 570 sli
32Gb ram - Kingston KVR16N11/8 1600MHz DDR3 8Gb sticks
256Gb Samsung 830 SSD
320Gb Western Digital C Black
PSU: Seventeam 750w
Hiper Anubis Case
Windows 7 HPremium x64
Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro

he is now offering me 2x Dell SP2309W = £105 each

I'm not 100% sure but you won't hit VRam limits for a few years yet and especially if you're only running at a max of 1080p with max settings. I also have 2x Dell 23" monitors going (£105 each). The res is 2048 X 1152 on each screen and the cards above had no issues running at that res (on one monitor).

i can get the panels @ £85 as part of the deal...

fuck... not planned for this at all.

those panels worth it or should i be looking at 120hz or something?

currently have one single 24" acer which is decent enough, not 120hz anyway. always fancied dual screens

Yeah if you can live with the fact he is probably using the money to bring over a eastern European girl with promises of work etc and then force her into the sex trade, then it is a great deal ;))

Bloody hell boys conspiracy theories

It is my mate's bro, he is an IT manager, has another decent spec I5 3ghz

8gb
Ssd drive
Digital tuner
Decent case

£280

I would say he is an enthusiast has bought a top end laptop and work got him 2 new 24" Dell monitors

Back
Top Bottom