PC The Official PES online community thread

Ok.

It was greyed out..BUT, all I had to do was double click on it (when I thought it was a drop down menu)

So I have now added PES 2011 to my list of detected games....However, I have forgotten how to get the 'Evo Web Pro Evolution soccer 2011' group up on my Xfire box again.

There are no easy or obvious ways to do this. No matter wot u say, XFire is NOT a particularly well laid out program.

cool glad you got that sorted. yea the xfire list is a bit fiddle but just scroll down untill you see Evo web and click on it as well and it will expand it

Who's drcornwallis?

He's on xfire. I can see he's playing PES, but does not reply to any of my messages.

edit: Nevermind, it's MatTheCat (PES name). Didn't have xfire enabled in-game so couldn't read my messages while playing. Sorted and we played some good matches. :)

Last edited:
damm i was going to play some games online but servers down it seems

Hey, I tried out the MLO as u recommended and I have got to say that I am genuinely impressed. Ok, the first game my opponent chose the same colours as I was playing and I had to d/c. The second game got d/c before we even started and my opponent got awarded a 3-0 win. Then after around 160 minutes of hard grafting to get a goal, WF Burchet of DEATH2INFIDELS FC, popped up to grab a late opportunistic strike from a keeper fumble, only for my opponent to do the exact same to me right from kick off (games scripting raises its ugly head).

Then in my final game, I am playing some dude from Egypt who had:

Kaka
Agüerro
Benzema
Heitinga
Schneider
Joe Cole

To name but a few.

He beat me 3-0, and I got 15 points deducted for the defeat! :OOOH:

Despite the stars he had got in his team, he was ranked 425 and I was 495. According to the game, I was therefore the favourite/ stronger team. :RANT:

Yup.

Loving the MLO

BUT....

Anytime I get a good result, at about 87 mins on the clock, my opponent starts lagging out, as though the he is ever so slightly and quickly disconnecting and reconnecting his ethernet cable. The match gets abandoned and my win goes up in smoke.

d/c cheating is a big problem in MLO from what I have seen so far.

yea, very rare you get dc opponents. it happened to me twice in MLO cup last night which was a first but genuinely not many people DC or lag.

MLO is definetely a fantastic mode.

yea, very rare you get dc opponents. it happened to me twice in MLO cup last night which was a first but genuinely not many people DC or lag.

MLO is definetely a fantastic mode.

Despite Being on brink of winning two of my 8-9 games in MLO so far, due to snidey d/c's, I haven't actually recorded any wins so far. Perhaps i should enter competitions instead of playing just Quick Matches.

This mode is not easy when starting out and playing against people with the same rating as me, but with Kaka, Robben, Adriano etc in their team.

Hey I joined Evo web community last night - Game ID - AEC (should have been Bon_scotts_ghost but messed up profile :RANT: ) will dl & install xfire when i get back from GF, hope to get some games in soon and look forward to playing against you guys. btw im from UK (scotland) and most games have been lag free for me with 6mg dl speed, usually get lag very occasionally though had really bad lag playing against some dude from Moldova the other day :BYE:

Yup.

Loving the MLO

Wouldnt want to be responsible for giving anyone a wrong impression.

The MLO is 60/40

60 utterly fucking terrible.

40 playable if you are willing to put up with unresponsive shit.

And too many supestar teams out there. I seldom see a team in transtion. It is either out and out superstars (i.e. probably cheaters who have edited thier game insall files with kitserver or AFS), or two bit teams (honest losers).

The game punishes for getting beat by a superstar team just as much as for getting beat by Minanda & Co.

p.o.s.

Ive registered on community but every time i log on no ones on to play any games with :COAT:, is there a time scale as to when members are on i usually play in the evening?

Ive registered on community but every time i log on no ones on to play any games with :COAT:, is there a time scale as to when members are on i usually play in the evening?

Due to Konami's piss poor community implementation, nobody knows when each other are online unless we log into community room. But when logged into community, you cant play ohter matches.

Piss Poor.

As for the ommunity, I have played a few games on it with Jonneymendoza and Palancas, but by and large, I think it would be fair to say that it hasn't really taken off.

The only person I always see online is jonney. Nobody else.

If you want to play in the community and you don't want to use xfire then you shouldn't really bother joining the community tbh, because nobody's gonna be stupid enough to stay in the empty community room waiting for someone there.

The only person I always see online is jonney. Nobody else.

If you want to play in the community and you don't want to use xfire then you shouldn't really bother joining the community tbh, because nobody's gonna be stupid enough to stay in the empty community room waiting for someone there.

I notice that you are on Pro Evo online a lot palancas.

Haven't you yet come to the conclusion that PES 2011 is a bit of a ropey product with a very unfinished and unpolished feel to it?

I hate to admit it. But the masses are right. FIFA 11 is a far superior game and the online functionality is excellent. Why anyone would waste thier time with PES online when FIFA 11 is around is beyond me.

The PES series is on the decline, has been for a long time. Year after year Konami continue to omit obvious additions to the game, i.e. a close control flick on function (FIFA style), a command to run adjacent player into space (again FIFA style). If they can't even copy these essential and desperately needed control elements into their game, I don't see how they are possibly going to actually come up with anything new to freshen the series up.

I notice that you are on Pro Evo online a lot palancas.

Haven't you yet come to the conclusion that PES 2011 is a bit of a ropey product with a very unfinished and unpolished feel to it?

I hate to admit it. But the masses are right. FIFA 11 is a far superior game and the online functionality is excellent. Why anyone would waste thier time with PES online when FIFA 11 is around is beyond me.

The PES series is on the decline, has been for a long time. Year after year Konami continue to omit obvious additions to the game, i.e. a close control flick on function (FIFA style), a command to run adjacent player into space (again FIFA style). If they can't even copy these essential and desperately needed control elements into their game, I don't see how they are possibly going to actually come up with anything new to freshen the series up.

obviously he hasnt because just like me this game pisses all over fifa 11. many people rate PES over fifa. im talking about fifa fans who loved fifa 8-10.

Online, PES is ALOT better for one on one games. FIFA is soo stiff and rigid for 1 on 1 games and all of that tournament modes are rubbish and dont reflex a proper league and tournament rules whilst PES has it bang on when you create a community and create either a league or cup.

it actually follows real life rules i.e 3 pts for a win, 1 for a draw etc etc while in fifa there is no league points.

The FIFA series is the one thats in decline as like i said, MANY fifa fans are going back to PES:WORSHIP:

The FIFA series is the one thats in decline as like i said, MANY fifa fans are going back to PES:WORSHIP:

Mate,

FIFA has an all time record share of the PES/FIFA sales ration.

PES this year is simply an unfinished product with ropiness and incosistencies throughout the game. Granted, PES still does have it's advantages over FIFA, which mainly centre around the much more fantastic efforts on goal you can get with PES. But overall, PES really is a distant 2nd in the lion-share of the departments that matter.

As for the online game, FIFA 11 is sublime online. PES 2011 is a fcking mess online. And that is not just my opinion, that is a fact! End of story. Just take a look at the stats.

Around 7pm, any given evening (360 XboxLIVE):

PES 2011 ~ 1748 gamers online
FIFA 11 ~ 51'3476 gamer online

Why do u think that is?

Could it be that anyone who owns PES and has a bit of sense knows not to go near the online mode?

Re: Re: The Official PES online community thread

Mate,

FIFA has an all time record share of the PES/FIFA sales ration.

PES this year is simply an unfinished product with ropiness and incosistencies throughout the game. Granted, PES still does have it's advantages over FIFA, which mainly centre around the much more fantastic efforts on goal you can get with PES. But overall, PES really is a distant 2nd in the lion-share of the departments that matter.

As for the online game, FIFA 11 is sublime online. PES 2011 is a fcking mess online. And that is not just my opinion, that is a fact! End of story. Just take a look at the stats.

Around 7pm, any given evening (360 XboxLIVE):

PES 2011 ~ 1748 gamers online
FIFA 11 ~ 51'3476 gamer online

Why do u think that is?

Could it be that anyone who owns PES and has a bit of sense knows not to go near the online mode?

Who gives a fuck about stats. Doesn't make it a better game. Fifa use to outsell PES back when PES was in it's prime. Does that mean Fifa 05 was better than PES 5? No doesn't. Using sale numbers to backup your argument is pointless.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Who gives a fuck about stats. Doesn't make it a better game. Fifa use to outsell PES back when PES was in it's prime. Does that mean Fifa 05 was better than PES 5? No doesn't. Using sale numbers to backup your argument is pointless.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

WTF!?

:DOH:

YOU SAID THAT FIFA WAS ON THE DECLINE!

Therefore I used the stats to prove that FIFA was not in decline, but very much in a phase of unprecedented accendancy.

Although FIFA is clearly technically superior to PES these days and suffers far less flaws and inconsistencies, I do concede that it is a matter of taste as to which of the two is the more satisfying game, at least on a 1 V 1 offline basis. FIFA has the smoothness and depth of gameplay but PES has the electric finishing and better goals.

But online....wtf com on....admit it....PES online is fucking shocking whereas FIFA online is 90% as good as it is offline. i.e. as perfect as can be expected over the internet...oh yes, and the opponent connection guage works as well.

WTF!?

:DOH:

YOU SAID THAT FIFA WAS ON THE DECLINE!

Therefore I used the stats to prove that FIFA was not in decline, but very much in a phase of unprecedented accendancy.

Although FIFA is clearly technically superior to PES these days and suffers far less flaws and inconsistencies, I do concede that it is a matter of taste as to which of the two is the more satisfying game, at least on a 1 V 1 offline basis. FIFA has the smoothness and depth of gameplay but PES has the electric finishing and better goals.

But online....wtf com on....admit it....PES online is fucking shocking whereas FIFA online is 90% as good as it is offline. i.e. as perfect as can be expected over the internet...oh yes, and the opponent connection guage works as well.

not my fault you have a shitty internet connection. 9/10 my game is as smooth as offline

not my fault you have a shitty internet connection. 9/10 my game is as smooth as offline

Correction:

What you should have said was:
Not my fault you have a shitty internet connection that consistently scores A+ on www.pingtest.net and delivers top quality performance with every online game (including FIFA 11) except PES 2011. 9/10 my game is as smooth as offline.

Look m8. don't throw a wobbler just cos some Jap games developer is incapable of getting with the times and producing a quality online footie game. It's not like you have any shares in Konami or that Seabass is your long lost uncle or anything is it?

The fact that PES online is total shit is no big secret. Everyone knows it. You can go onto PESfan which is the biggest fan-boy site around and a forum where any negativity towards the game/series is heavily moderated, and you will struggle to find any positive comments regarding the online game.

PES 2011 online = Fail.

But it is not your fault, so don't take it personally.

Like i said, your connections shit. mine is fine. i dont get no lag whatsoever playing this.

hufff and puff all you want but for many others there is no lag

Like i said, your connections shit. mine is fine. i dont get no lag whatsoever playing this.

Bollox.

Even if ur connection is super fantastic, you still have to put up with all the other people with only normal, super, or even those who actually have poor internet connections.

When so many people are coming on a wide range of forum's and stating that PES 2011 online is piss poor, and then seeing your aggressive bouts of denial (as I have done in various threads here), I am starting to think you are on Konami's payroll or something.

So what is it. Is it the case that everyone's connection is shit and Konami's netcode is just fine, or is it not more the case that most of us actually have good connections and it is Konami who can't make an online footie game work properly? Also, if it is our connections that are shit, how come they work great with FIFA 11. FIFA 11 for me is 90% as good online as it is offline. PES 2011 would be about 40% as good (and that is when it is lag free).

You got any stats to back up your claim on how most have lag? like i said, i get no lag whatsoever and i even play witha few guys here and one being from singapore and again no lag. i even played you and you said it was fine.

You even played that same guy from singapore and again you said your connection has been fine.

Back
Top Bottom