PC The Official PES online community thread

Can the 2 people getting rather personal with each other please stop it,
You know who You are.Otherwise there will have to be a cooling off period.
Opinions yes,OK, but STOP the personal stuff.
And for BillBillsons benefit,mods only delete stuff when it gets personal.
If You hate the game,that is just fine,but beats me why you would want to persist in a forum for a game You dislike so intently.

I hate the online game.

But have joined jonnymendoza's community to see whether I can actually get some lag free games.

Thanks Guys. Let us know how it goes.
Have never played online myself but there is always a first time.

I'll join.

ONOHARRISON is my ID Name

I've got 35mb connection aswell. Been holding off from playing online til i got that sorted, so games should be lag free.

I have joined.

drcornwallis

However, everytime I alt-tab out of PES I get disconnected. How am I therefore meant to use this program to find opponents in the group to take on?

xfire allows in game chat mate. u can access xfire from within the game without alt tabbing.

i got my key set to scroll lck + X. thats teh beuty of xfire. its similar to how the consoles allows you to access its dashboard while playing a game. infact, the consoles where the ones who copied xfire's idea as xfire has had that screen overlay for donkey years

xfire allows in game chat mate. u can access xfire from within the game without alt tabbing.

i got my key set to scroll lck + X. thats teh beuty of xfire. its similar to how the consoles allows you to access its dashboard while playing a game. infact, the consoles where the ones who copied xfire's idea as xfire has had that screen overlay for donkey years

That dont work for me...or at least not with Pro Evo which is not an Xfire supported game.

Aside from that, nobody is ever on except urself and a guy called Spook (who doesn't have Pro Evo).

all this seems like a huge hassle just to get a lag free game of Pro Evo....especially when I can just play FIFA instead.

try join some leagues(websites) or ingame comm.

but easiest way is to find good players and make em friends so u have a big friendlist, just join online and see whos online

xfire for pes is crap

steam is better, all the way :p

Steam copied xfire.

That dont work for me...or at least not with Pro Evo which is not an Xfire supported game.

Aside from that, nobody is ever on except urself and a guy called Spook (who doesn't have Pro Evo).

all this seems like a huge hassle just to get a lag free game of Pro Evo....especially when I can just play FIFA instead.

What do you mean it dont work for you? what error are you getting and have you downloaded and updated your xfire app?

Xfire 101% works with PES11.

try join some leagues(websites) or ingame comm.

but easiest way is to find good players and make em friends so u have a big friendlist, just join online and see whos online

xfire for pes is crap

Theirs about 10 people in the whole of UK who have bought this game and play online. Most PES players are from other countries in europe so joining a french league for instance would be difficult if you dont speak french.

Also, the PES buddy list is rubbish. you cant send eachother messages and chat in a instant messanger, cant quickly see who is online when you pause a game. cant do voice chat. cant do fuck all.

xfire does this all easily and light weight. You have not justified a single drop of reason why xfire is "crap" for PES

Theirs about 10 people in the whole of UK who have bought this game and play online. Most PES players are from other countries in europe so joining a french league for instance would be difficult if you dont speak french.

Yeah, perhaps they have all learnt their lessons. I wasn't gonna buy it either....but...

Proof of xfire working in-game.

YouTube - Porto-Udinese

1m mark.

Without Xfire I wouldn't be able to find anybody. -_-

Ok...it works.....but nor for me it don't. When I am in game and I use the hotkeys to get X-fire in-game...nothing happens.

Yeah, perhaps they have all learnt their lessons. I wasn't gonna buy it either....but...

Ok...it works.....but nor for me it don't. When I am in game and I use the hotkeys to get X-fire in-game...nothing happens.

What lesson? No the reason why there is not many uk players is because this country is console land full of console fanboys.

Play any recent pc game including black ops and bad company 2 and most players are foreigners outside of the uk. Your going to tell me those games dont work online either :LMAO:

You sound as if you dont want to even try to make it work or you have not even installed xfire.

Like i said, have you installed xfire properly? what OS are you using? playing the game in window or full screen mode? what hot key have you got xfire set up? tried another hot key combination? Have you gone to options and tried to manually scan and add PES to xfire? What happens if you are in PES and you minimize to your desktop, does Xfire's status say your playing PES?

seriously dude if you really wanted to use xfire with PES you would have tried the above which will take you no more than 5mins to try.

You say it dont work but sounds like you aint put in a single effort in trying to fix your issue.

If you expect things "just to work" on pc then your better off flogghing your pc and go into console land like the rest of the people who are lazy or dont like tweeking and fixing stuff

You sound as if you dont want to even try to make it work or you have not even installed xfire.

Like i said, have you installed xfire properly? what OS are you using? playing the game in window or full screen mode? what hot key have you got xfire set up? tried another hot key combination? Have you gone to options and tried to manually scan and add PES to xfire? What happens if you are in PES and you minimize to your desktop, does Xfire's status say your playing PES?

C'mon now Jonney...u know i have installed xfire...I was speaking to u just last night on it.

I am on windows 7 x64

I play the game in full screen mode only.

Hot keys are
Xfire in-game: DRUCK + ü
Xfire chat: DRUCK + ä

It is impossible to manually add a game (in my installation of xFire

XFire does not state that I am playing PES. If I alt tab PES when online, I get disconnected.

You say it dont work but sounds like you aint put in a single effort in trying to fix your issue.

If you expect things "just to work" on pc then your better off flogghing your pc and go into console land like the rest of the people who are lazy or dont like tweeking and fixing stuff

I have put more than enough effort into xFire and my whole damn PC the past week. I work offshore, which means I got both the funds and the free time (when I am at home) to have a kick ass PC. If I had a 9-5 Mon-Fri job however, all this PC gaming would be a no-goer. Due to various issues in the past two weeks such as:

• BFBC2 input lag problem; Solution fkn PUNKBUSTER (hours/days wasted trying loads of different things)
  • BF2 Input Lag problem; Solution fkn PUNKBUSTER (hours/days wasted trying loads of different things)
  • Trying to get both FIFA 11 and PES 2011 running properly on my machine (both suffered chronic microstutter). Solution FIFA gets a patch, PES needs to have graphic drivers settings manipulated through a 3rd party program cos Konami are basically stupid knts with no concept of 'support'.
  • SvcHost Proc raping CPU usage with Windows Media Player, Solution..After lots os pissing around with Windows settings, virus checkers and two W7 reinstallations, no solution found...using a different media player instead (hours and hours wasted)
  • Installing new SSD drive (that comes with no instructions); Involved two installations of W7, and yet more hours of fumbling around in the dark, wading through heaps of bull§hit on interweb looking for solutions...Solution Found. SSD drive functioning properly
  • YouTube applet in G19 keyboard monitor 'missing Flash Player Driver', despite working perfectly fine before. Solution...none found (but hours of time wasted)

Notice that I haven't included xFire in there as I have spent less than 2 hours trying different things to get it up and running properly/finding out about it. So whilst I have made an effort with xfire, I am at the point where I simply cannot be arsed fucking around with anymore half baked PC programs. It either fkn works or it doesn't, PES 2011 online doesn't work (unless you go to elaborate lengths to pick and choose your opponents in 'community mode'. If Konami weren't such a bunch of pricks cherry picking opponents in community mode could be easily done in game...but no, we have to use yet more 3rd party programs, namely XFire, which for me dont work as you are saying it should.

Gaming should be a leisurely pursuit, done in free time in order to chill out a bit, not a stress laden full time fkn obligation! I would most certainly do my gaming on a console if the performance wasn't so weak. Would save me a hell of a lot of stress and agitation, not to mention wasted hours/days of my life.

So fuck it all.

Last edited:
Game on a console then mate. And no its not impossible to manually add a game. go to options and i think on the game tab. theirs options to add a game manually.

Also, you have not stated whether you have the latest update on xfire. sounds like you dont as it cant even detect you playing PES. un-install it and reinstall xfire again or do an update on it. Post the actual xfire version you are running and see if it matches mine.

btw what key combination is this:DRUCK + ü

DRUCK? trying using scroll lock+ X or something more meaningful.

I have a German keyboard. 'Druck' is german for 'Print'

But no matter, I have tried other combinations.

And no, I have no option to manually add a game that has not already been detected. The tab where the option lies is greyed out unless I select one of the automatically scanned games, of which I only have BFBC2, and all the other §hitty windows games.

But at the end of the day, it is not my job to get other peoples programs to run properly. I should have known better (and actually did know better) than to give Konami a single penny for what I knew to be yet another poorly implemented product. Like I say, its not the money that is the issue, but the frustration that could have well been avoided.

Last edited:
BillBillson said:

I have a German keyboard. 'Druck' is german for 'Print'

But no matter, I have tried other combinations.

And no, I have no option to manually add a game that has not already been detected. The tab where the option lies is greyed out unless I select one of the automatically scanned games, of which I only have BFBC2, and all the other §hitty windows games.

But at the end of the day, it is not my job to get other peoples programs to run properly. I should have known better (and actually did know better) than to give Konami a single penny for what I knew to be yet another poorly implemented product. Like I say, its not the money that is the issue, but the frustration that could have well been avoided.
Post me the xfire version you have

Post me the xfire version you have

I have uninstalled it...but had the most up-to-date..

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times, and each time I got the updates...one of them which was as recent as yesterday.

What I have done is added every member of the Evo Web PES 2011 online community to be a 'Friend'. This way, if anyone from here is online, I should be able to find them and get a game going.

Last edited:
that was an valid answer to his posting
why i cant answer anothers posting ?!
nicely done...

i edited my words to his posting in bold, thats why it looked weird

read before deleting posts... @leeds

I have uninstalled it...but had the most up-to-date..

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times, and each time I got the updates...one of them which was as recent as yesterday.

What I have done is added every member of the Evo Web PES 2011 online community to be a 'Friend'. This way, if anyone from here is online, I should be able to find them and get a game going.

And you tried manually adding PES from the xfire options menu because you can do that.

go to tools> options>games>scroll down the list on the left to the "not installed" (you can check the top part of that list under "installed games to see if xfire lists PES 11).

From the "not installed section" go and find PES 11 and select it and on the other side of that window click on the first drop down box u see at the top and select Manual detect

after that click the browse button and find and locate your installed PES11.EXE file , Press apply and then the OK button and it SHOULD add it to your xfire.

Takes less than a minute to do the whole thing.

o and about the PES message/buddy list. well its crap. it doesnt even notify me of new messages and i cant see if your online or offline without exiting the MLO, quick match lobby etc.

its pants. once you get xfire working you will see what all the fuss is all about. think of xfire has xbox live dashboard

Last edited:
go to tools> options>games>scroll down the list on the left to the "not installed" (you can check the top part of that list under "installed games to see if xfire lists PES 11).

From the "not installed section" go and find PES 11 and select it and on the other side of that window click on the first drop down box u see at the top and select Manual detect

after that click the browse button and find and locate your installed PES11.EXE file , Press apply and then the OK button and it SHOULD add it to your xfire.

I don't have a zip up the back of my head you know.

Trust me, IT DOESN'T WORK.

All the options are greyed out. Perhaps if I had Xfire installed before I installed PES...who knows..but i aint ever gonna find out. My time is far too precious to be pissing around wth all these 2nd rate programs (PES and Xfire).

All options are greyed out? sorry dude but i smell something funny with your situation. i been troubleshooting pc's since windows 3.1 and i certainly know my shit when it comes to pc's and stuff like "all options greyed out" just dont sound right to me mate.

xfire's options are not greyed out. you can go into xfire and have all the different tabs enabled for you to change settings on the app.

Take a few screenshots of this supposed greyed out feature from xfire then because to me, imo it sounds like you "just dont want" to use xfire for PES.

The issues your having is RARE. its like saying the start bar/button in windows 7 is disabled.

i bet if i googled your issue it will return no results :(

try this:

1.If the game isn't supported by Xfire yet, then you can say you want your game supported in this thread. Make sure the game isn't supported already and check to see if anyone has posted an request beforehand so you can give it a bump. Sadly, there's a bit of a problem now with this thing as after Xfire's aquisition there hasn't been any major game support(for almost a month now...), because they are concentrating on moving the servers(at least that's what they said...), so I guess you may have to wait a bit longer.

2.There's a possibility of creating your own local (false) detection for that certain game or to modify the existing detection to your needs(as in enabling the in-game or to detect your custom exe name, etc.). The game detections are found in a file called "xfire_games.ini" in your Xfire folder. There used to be a guide about the different syntaxes there but it seems the link is dead, so I don't have anything that may help you at hand, but it's not that hard to understand how to make a detection. Also take note that any custom detection takes place only for you and the others will see you playing an "Unknown game" and also that you will have to do this over and over after each game detection update as it will overwrite your file.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom