The "Not happy with PES 2012" thread

Which PES 2012 version do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I cannot stomach this game anymore.

The keepers alone have broken this game add to the defending which konami messed up and made complicated like they love to do.

The form system is shocking in this game. On green players all of a sudden cannot hit hard shots. Konami ffs wake up.

The fatigue system is also a joke.

How have keepers broken the game? That's one of the only areas that's actually been improved and that's your main worry?

The form system is part of an overall issue whereby there is too wide a gap applied, whether it be form or certain statistics. I appreciate having these things makes for player individuality but they need to make the bad stats (and form) higher and the higher stats lower on certain players. Well, similiar to the gameplay fixes that ChimpsWithQuiffs makes..but really shouldn't have to. Maybe they could implement similar sliders as to FIFA so we can adjust passing and shooting speed.

I think the same issue was found last year with shooting, where they admitted to having too much error to the shooting system so that you needed too many stars to align before you could hit a good shot.

How have keepers broken the game? That's one of the only areas that's actually been improved and that's your main worry?

The form system is part of an overall issue whereby there is too wide a gap applied, whether it be form or certain statistics. I appreciate having these things makes for player individuality but they need to make the bad stats (and form) higher and the higher stats lower on certain players. Well, similiar to the gameplay fixes that ChimpsWithQuiffs makes..but really shouldn't have to. Maybe they could implement similar sliders as to FIFA so we can adjust passing and shooting speed.

I think the same issue was found last year with shooting, where they admitted to having too much error to the shooting system so that you needed too many stars to align before you could hit a good shot.

LOL the keepers are terrible against when it comes to the ai.

I have my opinion and its a game wrecker.

Form system doesnt work that well and is very dated now. Needs to be lest form arrows. Maybe 3. Green being the highest normal not super human footballer. Problem is it seems random doing leagues and master leagues. They say winning games gives form it doesnt. I can win alot games in a row in a league and the form is random.

Come on mate...they're a lot better than last year and I haven't seen any real howlers in a long long time. To mee that means they're far from broken. Doesn't mean they're brilliant, but they're not sticking out like a sore thumb either. That's my opinion ;)

Come on mate...they're a lot better than last year and I haven't seen any real howlers in a long long time. To mee that means they're far from broken. Doesn't mean they're brilliant, but they're not sticking out like a sore thumb either. That's my opinion ;)

They get rounded easy. Last years keepers didnt.

AI is a joke.

keepers are a disgrace. there is 1 animation when it comes to 1v1 with forwards and it always end up in easy goal or the exact same save over and over. And since forwars can cut through the defense at ease without getting caught in offside, this result in the same patters no goals over and over and over and over.

pathetic, those who don't see this are either blind or just biased. pes 2011 is much more diversed under this aspect.

still pes5 crossing and ball physics are light years ahead of pes 2011/2012. dunno what happened, but konami has managed to add a bunch of annoying features and kill the most basic success of its series. every game feels the same, goals don't make u jump from the chair.

too bad fifa for me is crap.

The keeper are an utter disgrace end of discussion. And that is not an opinon, it is fact - they get rounded too easy 100 percent of the time and their movement is a joke when a simple looking shot comes in, they just parry most of the time about yard to the side! Utter shit!

I popped in pes 2011 today, played 20 matches and then played pes 2012. I couldn't believe it! What the fuck have thay done. Whilst pes 2011 was flawed, it had some great things about it like the passing - brilliant! Why oh why didn't konami just implement some half animations on top of what they had already acheived with pes 2011, because the passing system has been butchered behind all recognition in pes 2012. I soon came to realise the games were nothing alike at all. In fact, Pes 2011 is a more stable game of footy than pes 2012. Oh, I listened to a wenb fanboy podcast a few weeks back and adam mentioned that the passing system was fucked up and he hated it. Hold on a minute, he was sreaming for joy prior release! Cheers for mentioning that one post release, you fucking biased idiot!!

pes 2011 is a solid game that could have become great with some tweaks here and there. tactically is probably the best pes out there, every formation gives us a different style fo play. visually it is very good, player individuality is very goo too.it had some issues that could be easily fixed with a gameplay patch (i think crossing is poor in pes 2011).

pes 2012 is just a mess in every aspect.

the game has disappeared from the shelves of the 2 games i usually go to. and it is xmas time...amusing.

I just find it frustrating that pes 2011 was all about freedom of passing etc. And I really enjoyed that aspect of the game. The game had it problems, but with added animations and improved ball physics, better a.i, I could see potential.
So regardelss of new engines, what happened to the progression of pes 2011. I thought pes 2011 was starting scratch, taking the series in a new direction, and building on it. That is what we were informed of, I'm sure!
Starting from with a new engine for sratch could take a couple of year to get it right. While I applaud Konami for this, it could well be to late.

Another thing, why is pes 2012 so weightless when compared to pes 2011. In pes 2011 everyone felt (when in contorl) quite realistic. Now in pes 2012 they feel like they are ice skating acorss the turf.
The odd thing is at the moment for me pes 2012 feels like fifa 11 and fifa 12 feels like an improvement in certain areas of pes 2011. It's all fucked up anyway. It's all about the money!

I hear people mention that another company needs to come in an make a new football game.
Whilst I would love this to happen I cant see it happening. The reason? Fifa.

This company would have to come in and make a game that nearly 3.5 million Fifa fans (first week sales figure) would leave their beloved game for. I cant see it happening.

Years ago I loved the fact that me and about 12 mates loved Konamis product over the EA one. Victory for the little men. But over the years Konami have failed big time. They have let down their loyal fans over the last few games. Most have left for Fifa.

As posted the other day Im now playing PES11. Its not perfect but compared to PES12 and Fifa12 its a god send.

I could see only 1 company making football game and probably get revenue of it. 2k Sports. The makers of Top Spin 4 and NBA 2k series. The best series of sport games in their own department (NBA and tennis).

There was even petition going on for them to make footy game. Even without licenses, but proper gameplay, they would have a winner. Add to that mod tools and it can be only great.

Anyone remembers NAMCO game called Football Kingdom? ;) In it's time, it gave PES a roundabout kick in the nuts. It was innovative game in some aspects. Shame it was only released in Japan :(. If there was sequel... Oh my. Plus the net physics/behaviour is still the best I have seen :D.

But as things stand now, doubt that any company will take on the challenge. If KONAMI stops making PES we will be in deep sh*t. Mark my words (how good was FIFA without PES on PC... We all saw once... What monopoly means...)

I hear people mention that another company needs to come in an make a new football game.
Whilst I would love this to happen I cant see it happening. The reason? Fifa.

This company would have to come in and make a game that nearly 3.5 million Fifa fans (first week sales figure) would leave their beloved game for. I cant see it happening.

Years ago I loved the fact that me and about 12 mates loved Konamis product over the EA one. Victory for the little men. But over the years Konami have failed big time. They have let down their loyal fans over the last few games. Most have left for Fifa.

As posted the other day Im now playing PES11. Its not perfect but compared to PES12 and Fifa12 its a god send.

The reason is both Fifa & PES as they both have the licenses on lockdown, no games company will come in with a game of made up teams as no one would buy it.

To the guy above, Football Kingdom was rubbish! It didnt hold a candle to PES back then.

5 years? These days all games are made on PC the reason why Konami have struggled so much is them trying to get used to coding on PC and then porting to consoles, Accordsing to Seabass they now have the hang of it and they have finally got their heads around the PS3 also, 2 years is enough to make a AAA game from a new engine.

If Seabass said that then he's bullshitting. How can they claim to be finally getting to grips with it when their games are progressively looking worse from year to year since 2010? The graphics and animation on 2012 are a shambles. It's barely even in HD for a start.

If Seabass said that then he's bullshitting. How can they claim to be finally getting to grips with it when their games are progressively looking worse from year to year since 2010? The graphics and animation on 2012 are a shambles. It's barely even in HD for a start.

He meant for this forthcoming game, It's pretty obvious that they have struggled like hell to come to terms with programming on PC and porting to the PS3 version.....having owned both 360 & PS3 versions of PES 2012 i cannot believe how poor the PS3 version is, Graphics are bloody awful and the game has severe framerate problems.

He did say that they have now got to grips with PS3 so we'l see next year. Tbh i wouldnt be surprised if Konami have had a team working on a proper version of PES for at least 1 or 2 years now.

Another thing, why is pes 2012 so weightless when compared to pes 2011. In pes 2011 everyone felt (when in contorl) quite realistic. Now in pes 2012 they feel like they are ice skating acorss the turf.
The odd thing is at the moment for me pes 2012 feels like fifa 11 and fifa 12 feels like an improvement in certain areas of pes 2011. It's all fucked up anyway. It's all about the money!

Agree with this. The body movement in 2011 was great. Some people called it sluggish, and in some cases it was a fraction too unresponsive, but all in all there was a great sense of 'weight' to body movement that made players feel different just from their movement. It was great.

Then I got PES2012 and everyone moves virtually the same, the only difference was basic acceleration. And yeah, they did feel like they were skating everywhere. It took a huge backwards step IMO from the progression made in 2011.

He meant for this forthcoming game, It's pretty obvious that they have struggled like hell to come to terms with programming on PC and porting to the PS3 version.....having owned both 360 & PS3 versions of PES 2012 i cannot believe how poor the PS3 version is, Graphics are bloody awful and the game has severe framerate problems.

He did say that they have now got to grips with PS3 so we'l see next year. Tbh i wouldnt be surprised if Konami have had a team working on a proper version of PES for at least 1 or 2 years now.

Ah okay, but I've heard this before from Konami. It's pretty much what they've said every year since the current consoles came out. It's the same old story. If they were finally getting to grips and releasing something that would rival some of the most advanced 360/PS3 games out there at the moment, there'd be some kind of indication in this year's release. We wouldn't instead get smaller player models, fuzzy graphics, and a few extra animations that still don't look right. Frankly, some gameplay elements they added clearly took its toll on the game engine and required a reduction in graphical quality. If they were in the process of a breakthrough in how to code for current consoles there'd be some kind of improvement before next year's release.

I didnt play much of PES 2011 but i remember there being a stunning looking sidefoot shot which was very realistic but im certain i have yet to see it in PES 2012, have you guys seen it?

I seem to recall this being discussed on the WENB podcast a while back and Adam said that the Tsunami did not affect Konami's operations and they weren't using it as an excuse for their output.

The truth may be different, and the power outages may have hampered them to some degree. More importantly, some of the staff may have lost family and friends in the tragedy. I'm prepared to cut Konami a little slack because of this but the underlying truth remains that PES is so far behind where it should be right now.

I know of some stuff that was cut out fairly late in the day that would've improved FL quite a bit, for example. It was planned to go in even after the tsunami but was pulled with a couple of months to go.

Of course I'm not saying that PES was about to become a FIFA beater in terms of presentation or tech, but Adam did tell me and Rod of a few things he was getting excited to tell the community that were then put on ice.

Guys stop writting what is good and bad in PES 2012 because it doesn't make sense. PES need new core engine. That's all.

That's ALL? :SHOCK:

That's a pretty big issue mate, dont you think?

I've played a couple of games with the new patch and I cant really see too many differences. The game is still a broken mess. I cant say I'm surprised either.

I said a while back that PES 2011 is a better football game than PES 2012 and I see that a few other people are starting to agree with me on here. How Konami went from that to what we have today is mind boggling. The building blocks for a great footy game were all there and they threw them all out of the window!

Konami made a rip roaring ARSE of PES 2012. It's a simple fact and one I feel confident that everyone will look back on and admit eventually. Sure it'll take some people longer than others to admit it because for some strange reason some folk just cant stand hearing negative comments about PES, at least until the next PES comes out and then they feel free to open up about how shit the last one was in comparison. Weird.

I honestly think we'll all look back on this year as a very, very bad year for the brand. I just hope Konami can pull a miracle out of their ass and turn the PES series around somehow next year. I seriously doubt that's possible at this stage but I would love for us all to look back at this year's game and laugh together about how shit it was while we shake our heads and wonder how we could ever have doubted Seabass and Konami.

Right now I think that is highly unlikely though. I genuinely fear for the future of PES, as in whether it even has one at all.

I know of some stuff that was cut out fairly late in the day that would've improved FL quite a bit, for example. It was planned to go in even after the tsunami but was pulled with a couple of months to go.

Of course I'm not saying that PES was about to become a FIFA beater in terms of presentation or tech, but Adam did tell me and Rod of a few things he was getting excited to tell the community that were then put on ice.

If we believed everything Adam says PES 2008-2012 would be the best games in the world of course that is until they are released then they seem to go down in his estimation, Moral of the story is dont believe a word of his until the game ships.

PES Persistant Exagerated Scripting
I have done with this game now got to take a break before i snap the damn thing years ago on the old ps2 i would play for hours on end but on these last two games on ps3 i find myself ejecting the disk as i cannot play anymore as it just irritates me.the scripting is so blatant either online and offline. people dont just pick barca real madrid or ac milan just for the hell of it, its because the game is so heavily biased and scripted for these teams that they know it gives them the best chance of winning. i tend to play as man city and i have never in all the online games i have played witnessed any of the afore mentioned teams AI of players and gk doing the things that they do on my team i play with.
in some cases it feels like i have the controller in my hands but whats happening on the pitch has no relation to what i am doing with the pad,
it feels as tho the game is trying to decide the outcome alot of the time. So at the present moment i am gonna take a break from it as it is starting to make my blood boil either that or break the damn disk.

FIFA has been stale since 09? That's simply factually wrong.

> Factually
> Facts
> My opinion

I'm not willing to say it's fact but at it's CORE what about that game has changed in 3 years? They've tweaked things a bit. Added some cosmetic player value changes. Added in a part of the engine now to represent more dynamic collisions. Adjusted other stuff. Aesthetic changes etc.

To me Fifa is the same Fifa deep down. It has the same basic core philosophy that Fifa 09 did. I define it as 'streamlined football' and every single Fifa since then has felt that way despite obvious couple of additions/tweaks to each game. If you think how it's changed in 3 years is massive then that's fine but i don't. To me Fifa 09 was a welcome change. I enjoyed the hell out of that game (minus sprint whores and the over-the-top through ball bug) though i won't say it was a great football game, but it was a fun game. When it came to Fifa 10 i just got bored of it very easily and the same with Fifa 11 (hence the notion of it feeling 'stale' to me). I intended to give Fifa 12 a try over PES 2012 this year because i wanted a change to keep it fresh. I just couldn't stomach Fifa. I thought it was going to be miles different. To me it still feels like the same core Fifa philosophy and i don't particularly care much for 'streamlined football' anymore.

Years ago I loved the fact that me and about 12 mates loved Konamis product over the EA one. Victory for the little men.

With respect to you and yours, it's exactly this attitude that is part of the problem. We all have this sentimental regard for PES that just props it up year after year. "Konami and PES as the plucky working class kid, versus the effete soulless aristocrats of EA and FIFA." It's total garbage. It's the foundational myth upon which PES fandom is partly constructed.

Konami is a multi-billion-dollar, multinational corporation that produced Metal Gear Solid 4 in this generation. Konami is not and never will be 'the little man'.

Next-gen PES could have looked and moved as good as - or better than - FIFA or any other sports game, if Konami had wanted it to. Next-gen PES could have spanked everything in sight and sent it home crying. Next-gen PES was supposed to unite the Force, not shatter it into tiny pieces as it has done.

I'm content with PES2012. Much of the time I'd call myself happy. But I'm under no illusions that PES has realised its potential in this generation, or that it ever will now. It has stayed still at best.

Like many here I think our best bet is to see what the next next generation of gaming brings us.

I'd put quite a bit of money on there being a secret laboratory somewhere in Konami HQ, where they're running very early versions of PES2014 on pimped-out PC hardware approximating the specs of the PS4/Xbox720. I hope so.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom