The "Not happy with PES 2012" thread

Which PES 2012 version do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is certainly coming across like that - he is a complete tool.

He suggested everyone will be proud of pes 2013 even at this stage. Someone told him to play the final version before he makes statements like that.
Adam came back and told the guy he was basically in a minority and was very rude to him.
This adam guy needs to step aside! He is right twat!!
Adam says the same shit every year and he is giving a significant contribution to the fail of this game

If they just made it so the keepers actually made decent saves and had the shooting not going down the middle all the time and sort out the defending about the ai, they can just skip past you and got rid the ai scripts. The issue above are school boy errors which konami need to stop taking the mickey and sort it out.

If they just made it so the keepers actually made decent saves and had the shooting not going down the middle all the time and sort out the defending about the ai, they can just skip past you and got rid the ai scripts. The issue above are school boy errors which konami need to stop taking the mickey and sort it out.

Well we are hoping patch 1.03 solves these issues.

Just to let people know i have discovered something. Its actually not new its been around since pes 5 for as long as i remember.

Go into training shoot and aim were ever. Ball doesnt go were you want.

Now go to shoot but dont have you finger on the analogue stick, power up the shot then aim. Ball goes more in the direction. This has to be fix by konami for pes 13 or we need to get this to them and have it fixed in a patch.

Taking my finger off the analogue stick is not practical and akward.

Just to let people know i have discovered something. Its actually not new its been around since pes 5 for as long as i remember.

Go into training shoot and aim were ever. Ball doesnt go were you want.

Now go to shoot but dont have you finger on the analogue stick, power up the shot then aim. Ball goes more in the direction. This has to be fix by konami for pes 13 or we need to get this to them and have it fixed in a patch.

Taking my finger off the analogue stick is not practical and akward.

I have been saying this for weeks. Whenever someone asks about shooting, that's the method I've suggested (as well as some others around here). Not to say "every" shot goes exactly where you want but it works most of the time.

It may be impractical and awkward to some but it also has its advantages I suppose. What if you're running or facing one direction but want to hit the ball across your body? Aiming after you've powered the shot will allow this. Aiming only in the direction you're facing means you hit every shot straight on basically.

What if you are square on/side on to the goals and want to hit a first time shot on goal? Aiming after you power up would allow you to do this.

I have been saying this for weeks. Whenever someone asks about shooting, that's the method I've suggested (as well as some others around here). Not to say "every" shot goes exactly where you want but it works most of the time.

It may be impractical and awkward to some but it also has its advantages I suppose. What if you're running or facing one direction but want to hit the ball across your body? Aiming after you've powered the shot will allow this. Aiming only in the direction you're facing means you hit every shot straight on basically.

What if you are square on/side on to the goals and want to hit a first time shot on goal? Aiming after you power up would allow you to do this.

To most its a no no and they have to put it right.

I have know about it for a long time i just never mentioned it.

Just cannot play pes like this.

To most its a no no and they have to put it right.

I have know about it for a long time i just never mentioned it.

Just cannot play pes like this.

A long time? Didn't you say it's been there since PES 5? I thought PES 5 and 6 are widely regarded as two of the best PES versions around with no problems with shooting.

Even FIFA's assisted shooting doesn't go exactly where I want unless I aim after pressing the shoot button.

I don't think the aiming method is people's main gripe, from what I read here. It's more to do with when they do aim left, they want the ball to go left.

What is your recommended method that they should change to?

Shooting is broken and very very limited. calcio calabrese and jimmy defend what cannot possibile be defendeded. then again blaming players and not the game is very cheap for something that is clearly a major issue in the game.

I repeat my idea: using right analog for different types of shooting so we can decide what kinda of thing we want to pull off. like in nhl and nba. very easy.

I do wonder what the hell were konami thinking when they implemented 1 single ugly presenation for all the stadia based on gardeners...amsusing. This game is a 0/10 in terms of audio and presentation, you never have the feeling you are immersed in a football game. which is very bad. PES3 had the feeling for example.

Personally pes 2011 is the best footie to date, much better than pes 2012 and fifa 12. To bad i don't have an updated roster.

Well since getting rid of my PES12 & FIFA12 I haven’t played my console much. My fav games are football games so have been playing PES6 for a bit.
That game was great for its time but due to how poor it looks (it was a Xbox game released on 360) I can’t really play it anymore.

Last year I immediately dismissed PES11 as it didn’t have that PES feeling straight away and went back to playing PES10. Plus I had a great ML team in PES10 and didnt want to start again.

Yesterday while Xmas shopping I saw PES11 for £9.99 and thought “what the heck” and bought it.

I got a good option file for it and loaded it up………….

I was amazed. It’s not perfect but it’s certainly a 1000 miles better than PES12. I had about 5 exhibition matches on the bounce and that’s something I’ve never done on PES12 as Id normally play 2 or 3 and be bored plus frustrated.

In PES11 the shooting is good and passing is nice as well. Of course there are some annoying things. I’d be amazed if a Konami game was perfect

I’m just glad I have a game now that will last until me until PES13.

PS – Anyone know how to turn the CPUs players name off above their head?

Last edited:
make sure you play 15-20 minuted games in pes 2011. the game is more challenging that way, especially in the last quarter of the game.

I also use a few things: never low crosses and rarely sliding tackle (too effective), that way the game is really nice and challenging. on line is also very good with a proper opponent. we could play some games at xmas time, pm me. what option file do u use?

Pes 2011 IS better than pes 2012, a lot better, no surprise at all
it's the best next gen Pes, not an excellent game but very good

It'll be interesting to see what he means by PES103 having better production values, because surely the game is far too early to tell such things. If the game ships without a total revamp in music, commentary, match atmosphere and presentation then he will indeed have been bullshitting yet again. The moment I hear PES2013 accompanied by some sub-1990's Japanese videogame-style jazz music, I'll know immediately that he's been telling porkies.

Can't see this will change to be honest. What do Konami Europe think they're doing with their game's presentation and marketing? I saw an advert for PES online the other day and the music and general feel was awful. It would actively turn people off from buying it. On the other hand, EA Market their game in a modern fashion, with new music directly relevant to the European market. It's a small point maybe but does highlight how out of touch with modern gaming that Konami seem to be these days.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see what he means by PES103 having better production values, because surely the game is far too early to tell such things. If the game ships without a total revamp in music, commentary, match atmosphere and presentation then he will indeed have been bullshitting yet again. The moment I hear PES2013 accompanied by some sub-1990's Japanese videogame-style jazz music, I'll know immediately that he's been telling porkies.

didn't he and Murphy did it again claiming that latest patch had passing assistance lobbies, while it hasn't at all?
how can we trust him again?

PES 2011 has some problems that PES 2012 doesn't have anymore:

1. Your teammembers can not run through when in attack, they always stop their run way before the offside-danger. That alone is a no-go for me.

2. The catchup-bug/feature is disturbing.

I played some more PES 2012 recently and found that when playing exhibition matches on professional-level in daylight, the scripting is not nearly as blatant as in the other modes. Using zero-pass-assistance and version 1.00, it's nearly enjoyable.

1. Your teammembers can not run through when in attack, they always stop their run way before the offside-danger. That alone is a no-go for me.

I played some more PES 2012 recently and found that when playing exhibition matches on professional-level in daylight, the scripting is not nearly as blatant as in the other modes. Using zero-pass-assistance and version 1.00, it's nearly enjoyable.

1) i don't have problems with that, then again it depends on how you play, i sue a lot l1 x and triangle to trigger runs or i select propers players that run more often into space (looking at their special cards).

2) I actually enjoy that features, makes u play a team based game and not a spriting non sense. still great players have tons of skills to overcome defenders. pes5 had the same feature and arguably the best on line games ever.

AI on pes 2012 is pure cheat....they always run on a perfect offside timing, keepers are nasty in the 1.00 version, they can't save silly shots. that alone is a gamekiller. AI scores the same goals over and over. player response is pathetic. visual embarassing.

This is very true to some extent. As much as I criticize the game, 2012 really did improve from 2011 on many levels.

I am playing the new patch(1.03) at the moment and I must say they did a good job fixing many issues that I had problems with.

Just a quick impression, there is more physical presence for the players. They do not just bounce off one another anymore, and you don't see the stumble animation nearly as much. If you can get past an opponent, they seem to have a harder time getting the ball off of you, which is much more realistic imo.

Turning speed seems to have been tweaked so the CPU player can't constantly pull off those 90degree turns anymore. Passing accuracy is tweaked so even on superstar the CPU don't connect every pass any longer.

One thing I noticed is that passing speed seemed to have been slowed down, or they made it so the passing power meter scales more in regards to who you are passing to. I believe they changed it so you can hit passes with close to max power without over passing the player. If this was the case, I wish they would provide a more clear explanation on this change cause it is very easy to underhit the pass for players used to playing on 0 passing assistance.

Overall the patch is a dramatic improvement for the better imo.

Yeah, it seems my experience changes with pes dependant on what time of day, and staduim I play in. The game just plays different in every one of those siutations.
I feel so fed with this pes 2012. I just want a good quality consistent product, in this day and age is that too much to ask. 5 years of torture from Konami. It shouldn't be this difficult should it?
I really think if next year doesn't blow us away (demo), we should stop buying this game to send a message to them. That way we can force Konami to actually do something worthy of a purchase.

even with a great gameplay patch which makes teams and players feeling different (main issue for me right now, worse than shooting or AI cheating), pes 2012 game modes, presentation, sound and visual are so bad that i wouldn't really be motivated to play it. ML is boring and that's 99% of the game for me.

even with a great gameplay patch which makes teams and players feeling different (main issue for me right now, worse than shooting or AI cheating), pes 2012 game modes, presentation, sound and visual are so bad that i wouldn't really be motivated to play it. ML is boring and that's 99% of the game for me.

The game's production values are so damn underwhelming -0/10! Master league this year was so disapointing for me. The constant tedious menus you have to scroll through is so repetitive.Players asking the same stupid questions every game etc etc. And the graphics and sound just add to further detaching me from the experience. It really feels like I'm playing dated product.

Just a couple more impressions for the new patch.

- It feels like they did remove the stat boosting for the CPU on harder difficulty. They can still find ways to penetrate with dribbling, but it isn't cheap like before. You clearly feel the difference between good dribblers and not so good ones.

- Defenders are much more realistic. Big and good defenders have much more presence, and are more alert and actually tries to clear the ball instead of ball watching. They get into the correct positions more than before as well. Also they will automatically try to block shots with better accuracy if they are in the path of the ball, this is a huge improvement from the ball watching defense in the previous version.

- Keeper is better. They defend long shots much better than before, and they do try to deflect the ball in the correct direction instead of just acting like a wall. I still haven't seen a ground shot yet so I don't know how they behave there.

I have to say I am impressed. There are still some nagging issues here and there, but the lower frequency in which they occur I can attribute them to mistakes in an actual game rather than being frustrated like before. This is the version they should have shipped in the first place, and I hope they do not stop here. The game should be patched at least two more times at this rate for 2012 to reach the level people expect.

I'll probably get shot down for saying this, but I found the catch up issue to be just as bad in PES2012 as it was in 2011. It was just a bit different. In 2012 you'd get caught and roughed up off the ball by multiple players within seconds.

I just played a game with the new patch.
I did notice some improvements - But as it was a quick match online, inevitably against Barcelona, it is no where near the kind of improvements that could save the game.
The clowns say there is a pass assistance related lobby in the new patch update, I could find no evidence of this anywhere.
I got ripped apart 3-0 by a Barca user who was hardly employing advanced skill.
Once again it felt like there was literally nothing I could do to stop the goals as my defence ran out of the positions I had set them in and left massive holes for Messi and co to run into and score.
Why can't they give us a team filter for playing online? In this day and age... shocking.

I just played a game with the new patch.
I did notice some improvements - But as it was a quick match online, inevitably against Barcelona, it is no where near the kind of improvements that could save the game.
The clowns say there is a pass assistance related lobby in the new patch update, I could find no evidence of this anywhere.
I got ripped apart 3-0 by a Barca user who was hardly employing advanced skill.
Once again it felt like there was literally nothing I could do to stop the goals as my defence ran out of the positions I had set them in and left massive holes for Messi and co to run into and score.
Why can't they give us a team filter for playing online? In this day and age... shocking.

Can you not quit out within 5 mins and not get a loss/disconnection everytime Barca or Real come up.?

Yeah and the huge switching issues in PES 2011 that people seem to mysteriously forget about. It made defending arbitrary harder than it should have been, or was ever intended to be. Granted that and the ball physics were really the only issues i took with that game regarding gameplay.

Then again in fairness PES 2011 was completely unplayable for me until about 3 patches after the game came out, as was 2010. It's a horrible trend now i've come to think about but if Konami cannot release the game when it's actually finished then they deserve little sympathy.

Also regarding the patch. Is it going to sort out the sheer blandness of the game? I have the PC version and obviously mods iron out the flaws even more so than on consoles but to be honest the game still provides so little interest. I know of so many people on here who have spoke of a waning interest in the game, unable to play more than 1 or 2 matches at a time.

Last edited:
I played a few PES exhibition matches last night and they were actually really quite enjoyable. I definitely still much prefer it to FIFA. Then, I tried a ML and immediately found it unbearable, such a totally different experience, and had to turn it off in case I smashed my controller.

I'm intrigued by some of the positive comments about the patch. Kind of looking forward to trying it out now. Still doubtful that it will make ML any more playable, but staying open-minded until I've tried it.

Does the patch apply to existing ML campaigns? I loaded it up and played a couple of games with my existing Everton team. Had a 3-3 draw away to Man United, where I scored 2 goals almost straight after conceding. Hrmmm. and I received a gift of an own goal where the defender tried clearing it with an overhead type kick and it went back at the keeper and beat him at the near post. Looked like a bug to me.

arthurm - 1 v 1 offline for me is really good (well I've not tried it on this patch yet). So I've been playing that where I can with a good mate of mine and we have some cracking games. I can see how some people get frustrated with the game offline though.

Back
Top Bottom