The "Not happy with PES 2012" thread

Which PES 2012 version do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1. Where is fifa12 available for £22? think i'll buy it at that price. ml is dated and a right bore...keep hearing great things about fifa's cm mode.
2.Won't get rid of pes2012 how much trade in price would I get for it now? not much...

Konami need a new engine for next year it's important they have a base and are able to hit the ground running for the next gen.

If they continue with the current engine im done with the game and I guess a great deal of people will be too. Don't think they can afford to wait til the next gen to come good, it's along way off. Plus if ea come out of their comfort zone and make even more enhancing changes to fifa then that'll be it for pes.

Agree! WENB say the same old shit every day. They jumped all over me for questioning the game from a trailer when I said the aniamtions were poor. The Adam told me to look around and to see how postive people are about the game and told me that I will apologise when the game comes out. They were calling me pathetic and a dick during the hype train days of pes 2012. Fucking disgracful! I hate those fuckers!

I'll believe it when I see it. Konami haven't got a fucking clue what they are doing any more. No plan, no direction from what I can see, just constantly tweaking an old and creaking engine, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic as the saying goes.

Those bell ends at the Pravda (wenb) have led us on a merry dance for years with their hyperbole. I can't even wait for the demo to judge PES2013 as that can be a radical misrepresentation of the final product. I have no faith in Konami or their PR any more.

My post was in response to this!

Agree! WENB say the same old shit every day. They jumped all over me for questioning the game from a trailer when I said the aniamtions were poor. The Adam told me to look around and to see how postive people are about the game and told me that I will apologise when the game comes out. They were calling me pathetic and a dick during the hype train days of pes 2012. Fucking disgracful! I hate those fuckers!

Yeah because of their relationship with Konami saying anything bad about the game on the run up to release is not tolerated.

How can the game improve then. They really are bunch of tossers I have to say! I tuned into Adam and co for the last few years and have pumped for the release of pes. They should have stayed independent, away from any relationships with Konami. Thing is though the website has got out of control, lost the plot and it's all about Adams ego and his access to early development of pes! they talk about how the community plays it's part in making pes good! What bullshit ps2 pes never had this back in the day!

They should never listen to just one person for feedback or one particular place for feedback, that is stupid and if they are just going to listen to only Adam/Wneb then I can say for certain that PES 13 will be crap.

All they have to do is look at many PES forums and gather the pro and cons of the games and people's opinions. IF they get Adam to do it, he will nit and pick and things which he thinks should be there or not. Not to mention he is getting feedback from WNEB forum, which already think the game is superb apart from a few (who will be banned soon no doubt).

It's a difficult one, on one hand I'd say Konami should stop taking note of all fan feedback and focus on what THEY want to do like in the PS2 days, but on the other FIFA12 is a great example of how EA took fan feedback in gameplay and Career Mode and made it a far superior game to the previous edition.

Oh well, that's PES done and dusted for this year, I've managed to sell it on Amazon for £28. Maybe next year.

If any of you is in contact with john murphy with could provide a lot of help. But i am not sure how long will he keep his position, he is failing miserably so far, since he became a popular face in europe the game has lost 3/4 of its european sales. in the uk the selling numbers are embarassing to say the least.

Too right, ps2 never had any feedback. It was just great! It had briliant direction. This tells me they have come to a dead end and have no clue wah they doing.

Although Im sure not much of the fan feedback goes in any how. Its just a way of keeping them sweet. It's just a cover up etc.

They are just selling the same old shit to a different generation! Just recycling after recycle!

Next year if don't hit the mark, I think Komani will call it a day with the game! Enough is enough with the same old shit different day so to speak.

I agree with you
also the keepers were bad and still since the first PES 2012 videos
and also the joke that the AI in PES is the best AI in the history of football games (AI score the same goal every match , players don't respond to loose balls ,cpu controlled defensive system without even a standing tackle button .........)

I know it makes me laugh. I think it was someone called suff who said that. It's funny how they all go quiet when the game come out. I must say though I did enjoy the demo, it did take a few games enjoy it, but it played out well. retail version is a tradegy.

I wonder if people (wenb) will aplogise for the overhype for when people questioned it I got told to basically shut the fuck up!

WENB simply isn't worth talking about.

If indeed they do have any effect on the feedback that Konami receive then a) We at evo-web really can't help that. Personally i find most of the opinions and advice on bettering the game on there terrible compared to here. b) Fuck it. If Konami are stupid enough to listen to them and their quite frankly biased opinions then i can't even be bothered to support their product anymore. The fact that they employ Adam in some capacity quite frankly shows to me they have no idea what they're doing, and Jon Murphy to a lesser extent, who is all honesty a pointless device used to mediate between Konami and the English speaking twitter public.

Konami are just weird. They evidently are really out of touch with the West with the odd method of trying to get feedback from here to Japan. Using WENB for advice should ring alarm bells straight away. I wonder how some of the opinions get translated to them in fact but that's another matter. They should just shut up and make their game how they believe they should make it. Listen to feedback about bugs and what not but again if they don't have a clearly defined goal about where the series is headed and the upgrades they need to make then again, fuck them because no product that is lacking that deserves support.

True and agreed! They just piss me off! Rant over. And your right, like many fans I have just lost patience with the game over the years. It's lagging so far behind now!
I still need a footy fix though!
I would love another company to produce something. Both companies are their for the taking.

WENB simply isn't worth talking about.

If indeed they do have any effect on the feedback that Konami receive then a) We at evo-web really can't help that. Personally i find most of the opinions and advice on bettering the game on there terrible compared to here. b) Fuck it. If Konami are stupid enough to listen to them and their quite frankly biased opinions then i can't even be bothered to support their product anymore. The fact that they employ Adam in some capacity quite frankly shows to me they have no idea what they're doing, and Jon Murphy to a lesser extent, who is all honesty a pointless device used to mediate between Konami and the English speaking twitter public.

Konami are just weird. They evidently are really out of touch with the West with the odd method of trying to get feedback from here to Japan. Using WENB for advice should ring alarm bells straight away. I wonder how some of the opinions get translated to them in fact but that's another matter. They should just shut up and make their game how they believe they should make it. Listen to feedback about bugs and what not but again if they don't have a clearly defined goal about where the series is headed and the upgrades they need to make then again, fuck them because no product that is lacking that deserves support.

wenb is a good blog, there are many good users, just like there are here
look how many people are complaining about pes 2012 on wenb boards, they are not blind fanboys
it's just Adam who is the overexcited fanboy: once you get that you can see there are many good suggestions about game development, good advices to enjoy pes 2012 at its best, a great community. It's not their fault if pes 2012 turned out to be so underwhelming.

oh, i forgot Alan, he sometimes makes some good points, but for the most part he just defends the game

Last edited:
Alan Curdie is saying on WENB that PES does not need a new engine/new technology......i hope to god he's not in the know.

Then he's more of a deluded fanboy than I initially thought. He's an intelligent guy and I often read his posts, but he needs to tell it how it is, not come across as a perennial Konami apologist. Konami really need to be told that their current output is well below the minimum requirements of a 'next-gen' game.

I used to believe that there's more life in the current PES engine, but if PES2012 has taught me one thing it's that I was wrong. The current engine is just not good enough, full stop. It's rooted in the PS2, it's archaic and limiting. PES needs a new engine asap or it will die, simple as.

Yeah and one more thing you touched on is the employment of Adam in some capacity. I don't think he even getting paid!? He may well be volunteering for all I know. At least Konami are being resourceful here, taking advantage of the governments 'big society' in some capacity.
He goes on to mention that he is willing to take the blame if the game is shit - what a plonker!!!
That site really needs to be quiet and let the game speak for it self and lets the fans judge it, rather than hyping it up every year only to face the same old complaints when the game releases - you would have thought they have learnt their lesson. It is really stupid! Sorry to go on about them! I'm done!

Yeah he is like a wise old man who speaks with wisdom - so he thinks! He has interesting points sometimes. But I feel he is to biased in most cases, and cannot be trust epsecially regarding his reviews of 11/12 wii and current gen.
It is simple like people are saying, pes needs a complete overhaul!

I was listening to Alan Curdie and Adam on a podcast. They way there were talking about PES12 I was convinced they must have a version of the game which no one else has. They were praising and praising it and "Curdstar" (As he is known on PESFan) was saying it was the best PES ever.
However, on the another podcast ofter a few weeks Adam seemed to have totally changed his tune about it and sounded like he really disliked it. Curdie was getting annoyed sticking by his 9/10 score. Adam gave it 8 in the original review but I reckon he wanted to give it a lot less.

True and agreed! They just piss me off! Rant over. And your right, like many fans I have just lost patience with the game over the years. It's lagging so far behind now!
I still need a footy fix though!
I would love another company to produce something. Both companies are their for the taking.

As some of you know I have owned both PES12 and FIFA12 a few times but at the moment I dont have any. They are both horrible games. The games world need another company to come along and make the mother of all football games. Maybe they can take a bit of early PRO games and the best bits of FIFA (Whatever that is??) add some of their own ideas and bingo you have a game.

Konami and EA clearly dont know how to make football games anymore (although I have always thought EA never have had a clue anyway!)

I was listening to Alan Curdie and Adam on a podcast. They way there were talking about PES12 I was convinced they must have a version of the game which no one else has. They were praising and praising it and "Curdstar" (As he is known on PESFan) was saying it was the best PES ever.
However, on the another podcast ofter a few weeks Adam seemed to have totally changed his tune about it and sounded like he really disliked it. Curdie was getting annoyed sticking by his 9/10 score. Adam gave it 8 in the original review but I reckon he wanted to give it a lot less.

Also Suff has been incredibly quiet since release after saying this was the best PES yet in the run up to release.

Also Suff has been incredibly quiet since release after saying this was the best PES yet in the run up to release.

after knowing wenb guys for 2 years ,I have to say those guys are the most loyal fans to a broken game with old engine

and they expect you to say amen to every single word they say otherwise you are a troll :APPLAUD:

also , they have all the informations and knowledge that all of us (Fans) lack :LOL:

I wish konami didn't try to contact with any feedback at all.Konami just need to go back and take notes of what made PES an addictive game and take notes from the tech of the current games

Amen to that! I think show a total lack of respect to the fans. Every year they do the same thing! And now Adam comes out and talk about how the we will be proud of the game. I don't think so. The guy is a complete ass in opinion

Unfortunately, as was discussed previously, Konami seems to have become a backwards company and is being left behind in all their titles. They got lazy and got overtaken by far more progressive companies. I realised the other day that I never ever buy any Konami products, and the reason is they churn out game series from PS1 or earlier and only incrementally alter gameplay or tech. Perhaps Metal Gear Solid was the exception but I just have no confidence in them, not just the PES team.

I don't agree with people who said bad things about Adam from WENB.

Adam exactly knows what Pes need and in which areas is broken.

He knows:

- about ugly animations

- about collision detection

- about not good atmosphere in Pes

- about poor commentary in Pes

- limited engine

- customize cameras

......... and more.......................

Listen him on podcasts. He exactly knows what should be done in Pes. You judge people very simple. It's easy say he is fanboy etc. It's not true.

He knows:

- about ugly animations

- about collision detection

- about not good atmosphere in Pes

- about poor commentary in Pes

- limited engine

- customize cameras

......... and more.......................

Listen him on podcasts. He exactly knows what should be done in Pes. You judge people very simple. It's easy say he is fanboy etc. It's not true.

Before PES 2012 was released it was the best game ever according to Adam, we all buy it after the amazing glowing reports from numerous playtests.......The game comes out and all of a sudden Adam decides it's not a great game after all.

All Adam is these days is a Konami PR puppet telling people what they want to hear.

Oh, shit... he does? How come the game has had the same problems for years now? I thought he was the poster boy for community feedback? Must not be doing his job very well, every year he's been involved in giving feedback, the game sells less and less. :BOP:

Being outsold 25 to 1 in the UK? That's insane, lol. Good job, Adam.

And I don't agree with WENB users riding his dick every chance they get. Because he's wrong. He's always wrong, he's always been wrong. A class A bullshitter if I ever heard one.

here we go again on wenb
next game will be
PES 2013. Completely unrecognisable from previous iterations in tech, marketing, community interaction and production value.

mark these words :FAIL:

Back
Top Bottom