The Master League adventures thread

I started a new Master League campaign this morning.

Team: Inter

Match Level: Superstar

Club Operations: Classic

Inter_Milan.png

I signed Lukas Podolski and Sven Bender on free transfers. I also signed Kelechi Iheanacho. I sold a few low rated (60ish OVR) players to trim the squad a little, I like working with a smallish squad.

My first 3 matches went well! Here are the results for August:

x66zt9x.jpg

Videos of the goals:

Europa League fixture next, I'll post my September results soon! :)

Nice videos @rockstrongo keep us updated with your progress.

September for me was a drag. Icardi is the only player getting onto the scoresheet at the moment. Just the one goal scored in this month but didn't concede one either so not too worried yet. Average start to the Europa League though :( I just can't create much so might switch to a 4-4-2 diamond.

hPvy1Ho.jpg

Nice videos @rockstrongo keep us updated with your progress.

September for me was a drag. Icardi is the only player getting onto the scoresheet at the moment. Just the one goal scored in this month but didn't concede one either so not too worried yet. Average start to the Europa League though :( I just can't create much so might switch to a 4-4-2 diamond.

hPvy1Ho.jpg

Nice goal, goalscorers goal

Great vids lads keep them coming . ..I did what Guru did and gave up challenge and went classic . . .I chose Parma Serie B. . .Novara were very weak. . ..so had two matches this evening. . was beaten in both but the difference in gameplay. .it feels like it had a patch . .all the complaints that I made the other day were gone . .. two great matches with mostly midfield battles . .there was a lack of my Pet hate. .that little silly chip from one player to another inside the box wasn't there and there wasn't much problems with player switching or players ignoring the ball .. shots have more dip on them .. .very enjoyable football that gave the impression that you are more in control of what's happening. .addictive stuff.

Great vids lads keep them coming . ..I did what Guru did and gave up challenge and went classic . . .I chose Parma Serie B. . .Novara were very weak. . ..so had two matches this evening. . was beaten in both but the difference in gameplay. .it feels like it had a patch . .all the complaints that I made the other day were gone . .. two great matches with mostly midfield battles . .there was a lack of my Pet hate. .that little silly chip from one player to another inside the box wasn't there and there wasn't much problems with player switching or players ignoring the ball .. shots have more dip on them .. .very enjoyable football that gave the impression that you are more in control of what's happening. .addictive stuff.

So we can maybe conclude that Challenge mode is making the games more scripted?

Anyone else with this feeling?

I have only tried challenge mode.

Classic is where it's at for me. I don't spend the match worrying about being sacked, I enjoy the football more and play more patiently.

So we can maybe conclude that Challenge mode is making the games more scripted?

Anyone else with this feeling?

I have only tried challenge mode.
It's hard to say. The CPU tore me to shreds in Challenge, I couldn't do anything right. So maybe?

I just thought it effected the game OFF the pitch i.e. Getting sacked for not meeting owner's targets.

Decide to run my "fantasy" ML with a team that i created every PES since PES5. The glorious FC FERROVIE (ferrovie was a pants' brand at the moment of team creation haha).

Team: FC Ferrovie
League: Sky Bet Championship
Mode: Challenge
Difficulty: Top Player
Controls: Manual passing and crossing, advanced shooting
Default ML players.

xL1OnjH.png

The season starts with me loosing myself to make a good strategy and choose the line up withou knowing the players.
First 2 matches, against Middlesbrough (1x4) and Bristol City (1x2) made me realize that i possibly have the worst GKs in the league.

So, decided to try signing with a GK and a CF.
I found Gabriel Barbosa on free agents, possibly removed for indiscipline on his old clube. After hard negotiations, he accepted my offer and decided to sign, with the dream to be respected again as a football player and try to reach an oportunity on the national team.
f4gAWpI.png

So, committed with te team, Gabriel Barbosa scored his first goal on his debut, ensuring the victory for FC Ferrovie against Sheff Wed (2x1).

CUe5SUZ.jpg

Maybe Gabriel finds his way to shine again, and FC Ferrovie keeps searching for new players to reach the promotion.

Stay tunned.

Last edited:
Milan at home,they just like their adversaries Inter who I played last,haven't been up to par this season

And the tough games continues.
Roma away,game 9 of the season.

Next up,Maritimo away in the EL,then Benevento at home

Last edited:
Decide to run my "fantasy" ML with a team that i created every PES since PES5. The glorious FC FERROVIE (ferrovie was a pants' brand at the moment of team creation haha).

Team: FC Ferrovie
League: Sky Bet Championship
Mode: Challenge
Difficulty: Top Player
Controls: Manual passing and crossing, advanced shooting
Default ML players.

xL1OnjH.png

The season starts with me loosing myself to make a good strategy and choose the line up withou knowing the players.
First 2 matches, against Middlesbrough (1x4) and Bristol City (1x2) made me realize that i possibly have the worst GKs in the league.

So, decided to try signing with a GK and a CF.
I found Gabriel Barbosa on free agents, possibly removed for indiscipline on his old clube. After hard negotiations, he accepted my offer and decided to sign, with the dream to be respected again as a football player and try to reach an oportunity on the national team.
f4gAWpI.png

So, committed with te team, Gabriel Barbosa scored his first goal on his debut, ensuring the victory for FC Ferrovie against Sheff Wed (2x1).

CUe5SUZ.jpg

Maybe Gabriel finds his way to shine again, and FC Ferrovie keeps searching for new players to reach the promotion.

Stay tunned.
Funny thing,I found a BAL career on YouTube on just Barbosa
Or gabigoal as he's called,doing a career over in Benfica, think it was on Pes 18.
Keep us posted

Funny thing,I found a BAL career on YouTube on just Barbosa
Or gabigoal as he's called,doing a career over in Benfica, think it was on Pes 18.
Keep us posted

I think it's because i didnt aply the squad update. I was affraid i could ruin my option file with new leagues and stuff.

Or, if you prefere, he was on free agent because of his bad manners haha

Match 3 of season 2 in my ML.
My favourite match so far in my 'career'. Will we get our first victory of the season?

PES2008 PS2
Regular
15 mins

Newcastle v Canvey Eagles

Great match Rock! Marítimo were set to try the comeback, but your team is very good attacking wise. You make it look easy man.

I wish they could work on one of the animations, it´s starting to look old already. When the CPU wins you the ball (and the other way around as well), the ball carrier always looses balace and awareness for a second... I don´t mind loosing the ball, but that animation could be a bit more random and realistic. Maybe the player could react faster, even if it´s not possible to win the ball back. At least give us some sense of fighting spirit.

Great match Rock! Marítimo were set to try the comeback, but your team is very good attacking wise. You make it look easy man.

I wish they could work on one of the animations, it´s starting to look old already. When the CPU wins you the ball (and the other way around as well), the ball carrier always looses balace and awareness for a second... I don´t mind loosing the ball, but that animation could be a bit more random and realistic. Maybe the player could react faster, even if it´s not possible to win the ball back. At least give us some sense of fighting spirit.
Totally agree on that,looks bad,if not make that animation look like his attitude/fighting spirit/personality
If a high spirited fighter lose the ball,react faster,chase back.
A diva, gesticulating and not running back fast enough

Indeed.

We still see people talking about this game being shit... It does have its problems like this animation, but we can clearly see tha Konami has polished the game. Some of the animations are wonderfull, GK´s sometimes look unbelievable. Really beautifull stuff. Almost there Konami, almost there...

Whats the consensus on Classic or Challenge?

Is the only difference the fact you can get sacked? Or is there an AI tweaks to transfers and these new clauses etc

Match 3 of season 2 in my ML.
My favourite match so far in my 'career'. Will we get our first victory of the season?

PES2008 PS2
Regular
15 mins

Newcastle v Canvey Eagles

First victory!
Your third goal was a proper belter,sounded like the crossbar broke in half on that shot.
Congrats

Just finished my first season as Man Utd, won the treble. League went to the last day, which was cool. Then day after winning the champions league Arsenal paid Lukaku's release fee and the game auto saved - My ML ruined in one foul swoop! Nearly as bad as Rashford wanting 17m wage on my 2017 ML (Yet I released him and resigned him @ 7m salary). Is it that hard to add a bit more realism to the ML? Surely the big K see how much time we spend in this mode.

Just finished my first season as Man Utd, won the treble. League went to the last day, which was cool. Then day after winning the champions league Arsenal paid Lukaku's release fee and the game auto saved - My ML ruined in one foul swoop! Nearly as bad as Rashford wanting 17m wage on my 2017 ML (Yet I released him and resigned him @ 7m salary). Is it that hard to add a bit more realism to the ML? Surely the big K see how much time we spend in this mode.
What was Lukakus release fee?

Back
Top Bottom