The Master League adventures thread

Hey guys. Not much time/will to play these days (nothing to do with Pes itself!), but I just managed to do two matches of my Juventus League at Superstar. Don't know if the general consensus about the game is still as tormented as the last week :D, but I had a really good fun.

Fiorentina Juventus: I lost 1-0. Made some good difensively tactic enhancements inspired by Matt10 and even if I've lost, cpu felt better contained in the wings. It's also worth noting that I set Fiorentina as one of Juventus rivals (as in reality) and I had them making 5 fouls on me and a lot of hard tackles. Don't know if this was an exception tho, I hope not. For the rest, Dybala with the arrow down was pretty awful, to the opposite of my Supercup game where he dominated. All in all it was a good game, great pace.

Atalanta-Juventus: 1-1, under the beautiful rain of this game, pretty much dominated by me, they scored first and Higuain equalized for me in the second half. Had a lot of chances and some good heart threatening, dramatic last assaults to their box :D, that Berisha and their defense brilliantly countered.

I don't know what to say, despite the kinda op CPU (that nobody denies) the game is really, reaaally incredibly fun to me, not only I can't remember ever being so satisfied with another football game while having my team passing around and my players controlling the ball, but mostly I love all the small things like the physical duels or the randomness of where the ball gonna end, actually if I can give one small example having Matuidi realistically body-protecting the sphere under the rain only to pass it to the sides while falling down was a great, apparently insignificant moment that put a big smile on my face.

That's all. Hope to come back soon enough my friends :D .

There are hidden little gems of play that surprise me sometimes . . . KONAMI, fix the problems or you'll be going over my knee and getting sent to your room.

Okay so I'm actually back to life after some uberheavy drinking yesterday :D Time to play some more PES at last! Just couldn't find much time to play this week really, but got a few games played, here's how it went:

x97ijPn.jpg

Jan was bloody rough. That loss against Barnsley was my first truly bullshit match in PES 2018 ML. Considering I haven't had many of them in 2017 (one or two shitty 5-4 games come to mind) this doesn't worry me. Just had to get through this really. So yea, it wasn't the best time for me, but February turned out to be much better thankfully :D

Gmf3I9c.jpg

I've barely saved myself from losing to Nottingham, it was like 93rd minute equaliser or something, but I 100% deserved it. Similar with Cardiff City :( And FA Cup game with United came up and it was disappointing tbh. I'm on Top Player yes, but United was sooooo baaaad like there is no words for it. Terrible team. Worthless. Perica ripped them apart in this game, but overall it was Osako's month. See that's what I think about Team Spirit and Affection and all that jazz, it has a very strong effect both individually and across the team. Something clicked and now Osako is rarely out of position and isn't as sluggish and slow and lazy as usual. It's great! He's even got Creator team role for his efforts, which is nice :D

That win against Hull was crucial. Overall, Sunderland and Hull lost quite a few points here and there and I'm starting to catch up with them again.

Nm1Z2Ml.jpg

Hull - City and Fulham - Arsenal in semifinals. Could two Championship sides meet in the final? Wouldn't mind, Hull is pretty damn strong and I enjoy my battles with them :D Sunderland on the other hand can fuck off really

9M3kTky.jpg

We are dangerously close to the auto-promotion spot again. There's like 13 games left or something, and last one will be against Sunderland...we gotta take them out!

Okay now that screenshots are shared, I can play the damn game some more :D

Okay so I'm actually back to life after some uberheavy drinking yesterday :D Time to play some more PES at last! Just couldn't find much time to play this week really, but got a few games played, here's how it went:

x97ijPn.jpg

Jan was bloody rough. That loss against Barnsley was my first truly bullshit match in PES 2018 ML. Considering I haven't had many of them in 2017 (one or two shitty 5-4 games come to mind) this doesn't worry me. Just had to get through this really. So yea, it wasn't the best time for me, but February turned out to be much better thankfully :D

Gmf3I9c.jpg

I've barely saved myself from losing to Nottingham, it was like 93rd minute equaliser or something, but I 100% deserved it. Similar with Cardiff City :( And FA Cup game with United came up and it was disappointing tbh. I'm on Top Player yes, but United was sooooo baaaad like there is no words for it. Terrible team. Worthless. Perica ripped them apart in this game, but overall it was Osako's month. See that's what I think about Team Spirit and Affection and all that jazz, it has a very strong effect both individually and across the team. Something clicked and now Osako is rarely out of position and isn't as sluggish and slow and lazy as usual. It's great! He's even got Creator team role for his efforts, which is nice :D

That win against Hull was crucial. Overall, Sunderland and Hull lost quite a few points here and there and I'm starting to catch up with them again.

Nm1Z2Ml.jpg

Hull - City and Fulham - Arsenal in semifinals. Could two Championship sides meet in the final? Wouldn't mind, Hull is pretty damn strong and I enjoy my battles with them :D Sunderland on the other hand can fuck off really

9M3kTky.jpg

We are dangerously close to the auto-promotion spot again. There's like 13 games left or something, and last one will be against Sunderland...we gotta take them out!

Okay now that screenshots are shared, I can play the damn game some more :D

I never play with a hangover . .it's like self inflicted scripting.

Hi! I'm from The Netherlands (sorry for my bad english) and I play with Ajax on TP, manual passing, advanced through ball and basic shooting. I'm halfway the season and placed 3rd. First matches were tough, now i'm using false full backs and gegenpress to make pressure. I score a lot of goals with this, thanks to Huntelaar and Kluivert, I also get alot of goals against me. When i'm up, I play more defensive and conservative. I survived the group stage of the CL, now I play against Anderlecht. Soon I will post some videos/screens! I love every match, it's drama! When I win the Eredevisie I want to go to for a bigger club in the Serie a, Premier League or La Liga. What I don't like is that there are not many injuries and yellow and red cards..? Anyone better experience with this? I want to buy good young defender, D. Sanchez has left to Tottenham and De Ligt can't do it by himself :(. Now I have Christensen from Chelsea on loan, it's fits good! Anyone tips for a good young defender? Negotiations with Y. Mina from Palmeiras had broken down :(.

Hi! I'm from The Netherlands (sorry for my bad english) and I play with Ajax on TP, manual passing, advanced through ball and basic shooting. I'm halfway the season and placed 3rd. First matches were tough, now i'm using false full backs and gegenpress to make pressure. I score a lot of goals with this, thanks to Huntelaar and Kluivert, I also get alot of goals against me. When i'm up, I play more defensive and conservative. I survived the group stage of the CL, now I play against Anderlecht. Soon I will post some videos/screens! I love every match, it's drama! When I win the Eredevisie I want to go to for a bigger club in the Serie a, Premier League or La Liga. What I don't like is that there are not many injuries and yellow and red cards..? Anyone better experience with this? I want to buy good young defender, D. Sanchez has left to Tottenham and De Ligt can't do it by himself :(. Now I have Christensen from Chelsea on loan, it's fits good! Anyone tips for a good young defender? Negotiations with Y. Mina from Palmeiras had broken down :(.
I usually search for players with special abilities
Hole player,fox in the box,box to box,anchorman,marking.
You can get a good player with low ovr rating really cheap,and if he has those special abilities,that suits your tactic,buy him

Just tried another ML game , faced Birmingham..loat 3-0 On top player ..two goals came from back heel volleys in midfield that turned into perfect 15 yard through ball ..not sure I can take this seriously anymore

Just tried another ML game , faced Birmingham..loat 3-0 On top player ..two goals came from back heel volleys in midfield that turned into perfect 15 yard through ball ..not sure I can take this seriously anymore

Have you not already committed yourself to Fifa? Walk away from the game if you don't like it.

Looks tough as hell man,did you get relegated last season?
How is the game set up.
One first league,and a second D2 league like in Pes 6.
Cool,I actually googled Canvey.
Good luck G

No I was in Div 2 already but finished 7th (actually 2nd from bottom :) )

In Div 1 there are 16 teams and in Div 2 there are 8 teams same as PES6.

I used to live on Canvey and when I was at school my mate and me managed a team of mates called Canvey Eagles. I have always used that name in PES ML :).

Here are the highlights of the 2nd match of the season v Bournemouth. Struggling again at the moment :(
It may be because the gear I use to record the gameplay causes very slight button lag and an old controller.

You seem to be doing well Rock.

I used to live on Canvey and when I was at school my mate and me managed a team of mates called Canvey Eagles. I have always used that name in PES ML :).

Here are the highlights of the 2nd match of the season v Bournemouth. Struggling again at the moment :(
It may be because the gear I use to record the gameplay causes very slight button lag and an old controller.

Ooh that goal Bournemouth scored,tough one G.
I'm not surprised you like -08 looks like s very tough an challenging game mate.
Is the no commentaries by choice?
I'm doing a ML on the side with my 13 in a while (patching it right now)
Looking fw to that one.

This game is growing on me,so much,the level of freedom with the ball is outstanding,and getting to know how to set it up right,takes some time,but I'm loving it.
Yeah suprisingly well actually, Torino is a top 5-8 team,so it's going well,I have a cluster of rough games coming up though,might drop in the standings.

First game Vs Virtual Entella in my Coppa Italia campaign, not much in this one,except the goal of a career
Jesus what a strike.
This game has blown me away the past days
And my second game Vs them is so good,little things and wowoments constantly.
First game here though

Ooh that goal Bournemouth scored,tough one G.
I'm not surprised you like -08 looks like s very tough an challenging game mate.
Is the no commentaries by choice?
I'm doing a ML on the side with my 13 in a while (patching it right now)
Looking fw to that one.

This game is growing on me,so much,the level of freedom with the ball is outstanding,and getting to know how to set it up right,takes some time,but I'm loving it.
Yeah suprisingly well actually, Torino is a top 5-8 team,so it's going well,I have a cluster of rough games coming up though,might drop in the standings.

Yeh that goal reminded me of the goal Salah scored for Liverpool against Arsenal recently. I had put everybody forward for the free kick but got caught out. I was tempted to bring him down but just couldn't catch him.

It is a challenge and yet I am only on Regular, if I get promoted I will go up one level.

No commentaries because they won't say the correct names as I am using an updated option file. Also I prefer to do my own shouting and screaming. :)

Pleased you are enjoying 2018, I will probably wait for some patches before I give it a go again. I really want to be immersed in 2008 and try and get about 10 seasons out of it.

Excellent goal in your highlights :)

Hope you do well in those tough matches.

First game Vs Virtual Entella in my Coppa Italia campaign, not much in this one,except the goal of a career
Jesus what a strike.
This game has blown me away the past days
And my second game Vs them is so good,little things and wowoments constantly.
First game here though

That was some strike by unsgard wow. Good game rock,

Great stuff Geeeee I love close low scoring matches.

Debating on team choice now.... part of me wants to go the staple route of trying to dig a team out of the pits (it never happens as im crap at the game), but the belief is there :D

On the other hand, id like for a change to have some nice players to work with... not feel constrained in the transfer market too much and just put together a package thats fun to play on the pitch.

Lazio, Marseille... maybe West Ham, i think thats where im going. Part of me wants to try Portugal or Holland, but idk something about not having a 2nd division grates at me there.... though going Sporting or PSV just to battle it out as one of the big 3, not being able to drop points against the smaller teams is intriguing.

Debating on team choice now.... part of me wants to go the staple route of trying to dig a team out of the pits (it never happens as im crap at the game), but the belief is there :D

On the other hand, id like for a change to have some nice players to work with... not feel constrained in the transfer market too much and just put together a package thats fun to play on the pitch.

Lazio, Marseille... maybe West Ham, i think thats where im going. Part of me wants to try Portugal or Holland, but idk something about not having a 2nd division grates at me there.... though going Sporting or PSV just to battle it out as one of the big 3, not being able to drop points against the smaller teams is intriguing.[/QUOTEt
Tough choivrs,always Serie a for me,should widen my horizon

Lazio, Marseille... maybe West Ham, i think thats where im going. Part of me wants to try Portugal or Holland, but idk something about not having a 2nd division grates at me there.... though going Sporting or PSV just to battle it out as one of the big 3, not being able to drop points against the smaller teams is intriguing.

Oh come on man, make it Portugal!!! ahah
You can choose Braga wich is a team that makes some pretty recent results, and ususally is a team with whom Sporting, Benfica and Porto struggle to win. Same with V Guimarães. These will give you the fun and the challenge at the same time. And also, you would keep me interested while I don´t have the full game ahah.

No one choose Inter, they're my team ;)

Seriously though, starting a new ML campaign tomorrow (too much good football on today and I am too tired.)

I have messed around trying different difficulties and modes, with a few different sides.

But for me I will finally decide to use Inter, Superstar difficulty, Classic Mode.

I have Serie B licensed as well now and love the stadium and atmosphere in Italy.

I will post my monthly results and a few goal or gameplay videos as I go along :)

Oh come on man, make it Portugal!!! ahah
You can choose Braga wich is a team that makes some pretty recent results, and ususally is a team with whom Sporting, Benfica and Porto struggle to win. Same with V Guimarães. These will give you the fun and the challenge at the same time. And also, you would keep me interested while I don´t have the full game ahah.
Braga knocked out the team I support in 05-06 EL qf (Hammarby)
On the other hand they knocked out our worst rivals this year (Aik)

Last edited:
No one choose Inter, they're my team ;)

Seriously though, starting a new ML campaign tomorrow (too much good football on today and I am too tired.)

I have messed around trying different difficulties and modes, with a few different sides.

But for me I will finally decide to use Inter, Superstar difficulty, Classic Mode.

I have Serie B licensed as well now and love the stadium and atmosphere in Italy.

I will post my monthly results and a few goal or gameplay videos as I go along :)

Why Classic mode?

Did you try challenge mode and what is your opinion on it (good/bad?)

Portugal and Netherlands are quite fun to explore. In PES 2016 I've played as Belenenses, absolutely fantastic kits and that logo - yes, those things are important :D Had a good time breaking the old big three (Porto, Sporting, Benfica) and beating down the rest :)

In Netherlands there's one team called Go Ahead Eagles, I mean what sort of name is this?! I could not resist. I've had a few MLs with them, in PES 14 and 15 definitely. They might not be in PES 18 though, I guess they were relegated last year or something :(

Speaking of worst teams, if it's in the game, try Cobresal in Chile. They were literally the worst club team in PES 2017. Chilean League is relatively quick (30 matches) and it just feels so different compared to European competition. Check them out if you are in need of some serious self-harm :D

2nd leg of coppa Italia
Torino vs Virtus Entella
First game was a 1-1 draw
When people criticise this game for all sorts of reason,I'm kinda thinking....wut?
The nr of wow moments,how you can control players,making nice little plays,ive never had better games than I'm having right now,issues yes,stunning game,also yes
Look at Ljacic in this game,his ball control etc
Stunning game

Portugal and Netherlands are quite fun to explore. In PES 2016 I've played as Belenenses, absolutely fantastic kits and that logo - yes, those things are important :D Had a good time breaking the old big three (Porto, Sporting, Benfica) and beating down the rest :)

In Netherlands there's one team called Go Ahead Eagles, I mean what sort of name is this?! I could not resist. I've had a few MLs with them, in PES 14 and 15 definitely. They might not be in PES 18 though, I guess they were relegated last year or something :(

Speaking of worst teams, if it's in the game, try Cobresal in Chile. They were literally the worst club team in PES 2017. Chilean League is relatively quick (30 matches) and it just feels so different compared to European competition. Check them out if you are in need of some serious self-harm :D
One should really go the South American route in the ML,I'm totally autistic when it comes to ML,always Italy for me

In Netherlands there's one team called Go Ahead Eagles, I mean what sort of name is this?! I could not resist. I've had a few MLs with them, in PES 14 and 15 definitely.

And what is wrong with that name?....

:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom