The Master League adventures thread

Damn, that last game... Controller smash alert! lol
Hard to swallow, but hey, it´s soccer after all wright? Nice match though.
Thank you pal,yeah that game was one of the best I had,my big signing this season,L Castan from Roma (CB) is so horrible,he's been involved in these things a couple of times before.
And I do really hope Konami sorts out player switching soon,it's very bad compared to 17 and other Pes games,played 15 last night,a dream when it came to switching

xuKYnPU.jpg

0wWPgk9.jpg

4jRcciP.jpg

This month has been wonderful. After a while, I really played well, with lots of passes and nice goals. We are in the Copa del Rey Final :) I hope I can get enough salary to (re)sign Ceballos (now he's getting a face) and T. Werner (he will have face, too).
Great results man.
Nice stats in your Sevilla game
CPU shooting 9/3 that's very good ,my CPU usually have 10 shots and 8-9 being on gosl

I was having a shitty Master League day tonight. Yesterday was very enjoyable. But tonight... I don't know. Maybe I was just lacking creativity to thread the right chain of passes together or to think ahead of the next move. I was defending horribly too.

Won the first game after an early 0-1. I turned it around.
Then I just stopped winning. Like 4 or 5 games of either drawing agonizingly or losing, in that kind of way that makes you perceive the game in just a completely different way. You start getting annoyed and frustrated. You start feeling like 'maybe I should just stop playing for tonight...'. Not because the AI was cheating or anything like that. But because I just wasn't doing anything right.

But I thought to myself "it's only 23.59... one more game and I'm done".
And that's when it happened.

AWESOME last match.
Not only I reverted a 0-2 against Bournemouth (4-2 was the final score) but it was such a good game. Cloudy with rain weather. Slow paced. Full of those "PES moments", with unexpected things happening. Like a corner-kick I sent to the very far post, ball curled so much that it almost went in... but it didn't. Instead, Gabriel Jesus appeared to head it in.

Obviously, after that match, I had that "please one more game" fight inside my own head, against myself. But no...

Now I can go to sleep in peace.

I was having a shitty Master League day tonight. Yesterday was very enjoyable. But tonight... I don't know. Maybe I was just lacking creativity to thread the right chain of passes together or to think ahead of the next move. I was defending horribly too.

Then I just stopped winning. Like 4 or 5 games of either drawing agonizingly or losing, in that kind of way that makes you perceive the game in just a completely different way. You start getting annoyed and frustrated. You start feeling like 'maybe I should just stop playing for tonight...'. Not because the AI was cheating or anything like that. But because I just wasn't doing anything right.

AWESOME last match.
Not only I reverted a 0-2 against Bournemouth (4-2 was the final score) but it was such a good game. Cloudy with rain weather. Slow paced. Full of those "PES moments", with unexpected things happening. Like a corner-kick I sent to the very far post, ball curled so much that it almost went in... but it didn't. Instead, Gabriel Jesus appeared to head it in.

Obviously, after that match, I had that "please one more game" fight inside my own head, against myself. But no...

sometimes it seems that this game reads our sentiments ! !!!

AWESOME last match.

Just scripting, not you. I had a lot of it yesterday in the notorious early stages of ML . .. after my vid here of a 3-1 defeat in a cup game where I held my own in the match hoping for an epic second leg. . . .let's just say I experienced the biggest pile of bullshit ever. .. .I was the home team and both of us had the same tactics and players as the first leg . ..I was 0-6 down at halftime and it could have been 12. .nonsense . .the next league match I worked on a defensive system where if I went ahead which I did, it would be very difficult to score against me ...what happens? Last 2 kicks of the game deep into injury time they score 2 scripted shite goals. .. . went back to Pes 2017 for the night . ..The scripting in this game is way too strong.

Great results man.
Nice stats in your Sevilla game
CPU shooting 9/3 that's very good ,my CPU usually have 10 shots and 8-9 being on gosl

I try to defend them with a low line and the winger setting, so I can cut their final third passes or shots. I have seen some out-of-the-box shooting by the CPU (and not volleys): it was cool, they all went away. Deulofeu shot one that almost went to the corner flag hahaha. Shooting is so nice, and Advanced Shooting is not OP anymore.

Draxler on the box is brutal. What a player *_*

I try to defend them with a low line and the winger setting, so I can cut their final third passes or shots. I have seen some out-of-the-box shooting by the CPU (and not volleys): it was cool, they all went away. Deulofeu shot one that almost went to the corner flag hahaha. Shooting is so nice, and Advanced Shooting is not OP anymore.

Draxler on the box is brutal. What a player *_*
I had Draxler on 17 for 3 seasons,amazing player

Just scripting, not you. I had a lot of it yesterday in the notorious early stages of ML . .. after my vid here of a 3-1 defeat in a cup game where I held my own in the match hoping for an epic second leg. . . .let's just say I experienced the biggest pile of bullshit ever. .. .I was the home team and both of us had the same tactics and players as the first leg . ..I was 0-6 down at halftime and it could have been 12. .nonsense . .the next league match I worked on a defensive system where if I went ahead which I did, it would be very difficult to score against me ...what happens? Last 2 kicks of the game deep into injury time they score 2 scripted shite goals. .. . went back to Pes 2017 for the night . ..The scripting in this game is way too strong.

Oh, that's too bad Deco :/
I am yet to notice in hard scripting to be honest.
I'm not saying it's not there. I just haven't noticed it yet.

The problem isn't that momentum exist. We all know it does. The problem is that it randomly picks which team will be affected by momentum instead of basing it per player basis on stats and form. Literally right now, every match a roll of dice picks which team will be screwed by momentum.

The problem isn't that momentum exist. We all know it does. The problem is that it randomly picks which team will be affected by momentum instead of basing it per player basis on stats and form. Literally right now, every match a roll of dice picks which team will be screwed by momentum.

Do you not think that some results are predetermined before a ball is kicked? I do. . .e.g if the ai are down for a 3-0 win and are doing so and then you score an "unexpected" goal the ai will immediately redress the balance to score and make it 4-1 to keep the 3 goal gap.

I just had a great session this morning on my 2017 edition.

Classic game against FC Porto, couldn´t do anything. Barely touched the ball and lost 2-1, I scored in a late goal after a tactic change.

Then I had a Cup semifinal, against a lesser side, Arouca. Won the game 1-0, but with lots of oportunities missed. Arouca didn´t do shit, not even an attempt. They were trying through counters, but my team was well positioned and totally stoped everything.

Meanwhile, quarters of the CL, against Roma. First leg, against all odds, I destroyed them. No goals scored, but again, they´r counter attacking tactic didn´t work, and my momentum was high all the match. Ended with 10 shots on goal!
Second leg, pretty much the same thing but Roma was stronger now, attempting nice moves, and getting shots on goal. I was playing away and I thought I wouldn´t have a chance. Brought in Gonçalo Guedes on this one and he was a beast, winning all the balls, shooting from all angles, beautiful stuff. 73 minutes, Lindelof fails a header and Totti scores.
Ok, thinking now, that´s it, I´m gonne. Brought in Mitroglou, and changed tactics to wing rotation. Started to bomb balls in the area. Mitroglou, two chances, two goals. Made me jump eheh.

Next, semi finals against M City. Loving this bitch every second!

Do you not think that some results are predetermined before a ball is kicked? I do. . .e.g if the ai are down for a 3-0 win and are doing so and then you score an "unexpected" goal the ai will immediately redress the balance to score and make it 4-1 to keep the 3 goal gap.

Nope, there is no chance a game is setup for the AI to win from the get go. If you are saying that Konami have coded teams to win 3-0 for example in a set game... how do they know you are not going to waste time all game?

I expect that the AI gives itself a boost on higher levels (i dont touch any higher than Top Player) but I dont think games are pre-determined

Nope, there is no chance a game is setup for the AI to win from the get go. If you are saying that Konami have coded teams to win 3-0 for example in a set game... how do they know you are not going to waste time all game?

I expect that the AI gives itself a boost on higher levels (i dont touch any higher than Top Player) but I dont think games are pre-determined

Well, sim a game and you will get the same outcome everytime. I have noticed that in one game i played United and i scored in the 4th min... United bought on Zlatan at HT and immediately scored.. i scored again. I went for the killer then Zlatan scored twice whilst i was attacking he jogged past Joe Gomez and Trent Arnold like they were in the 10's for speed. I had been scripted, however loaded it up again.. same set up I scored in the 8th minute this time. HT they bought on Zlatan and he scored immediately, so i scored again but this time i kept ball in my half for a LOOOOOONG time and strangled the game out.

I've experienced it .. .it's my belief .. that's all .. . you have your own ideas, fair enough.

I don't think results are predetermined. What's pre-determined is the fact that momentum will affect a certain team and if it will affect negatively or positively and it's determined when you just start a match. I tested this theory when I was Chelsea in ML and played against Crystal Palace. Same team with same tactics, formation and players, I saved before the match. I lost my first match 4-1 in Legend difficulty and reloaded the game. Then I ended up winning 4-2 and my players felt more responsive.

I just had a great session this morning on my 2017 edition.

Classic game against FC Porto, couldn´t do anything. Barely touched the ball and lost 2-1, I scored in a late goal after a tactic change.

Then I had a Cup semifinal, against a lesser side, Arouca. Won the game 1-0, but with lots of oportunities missed. Arouca didn´t do shit, not even an attempt. They were trying through counters, but my team was well positioned and totally stoped everything.

Meanwhile, quarters of the CL, against Roma. First leg, against all odds, I destroyed them. No goals scored, but again, they´r counter attacking tactic didn´t work, and my momentum was high all the match. Ended with 10 shots on goal!
Second leg, pretty much the same thing but Roma was stronger now, attempting nice moves, and getting shots on goal. I was playing away and I thought I wouldn´t have a chance. Brought in Gonçalo Guedes on this one and he was a beast, winning all the balls, shooting from all angles, beautiful stuff. 73 minutes, Lindelof fails a header and Totti scores.
Ok, thinking now, that´s it, I´m gonne. Brought in Mitroglou, and changed tactics to wing rotation. Started to bomb balls in the area. Mitroglou, two chances, two goals. Made me jump eheh.

Next, semi finals against M City. Loving this bitch every second!

This is why I rate 2017 as the best Pes ever. . . .going to have to drop down to Top Player in Ml Pes 2018 to get any enjoyment . . .Superstar is nonsense can't even imagine legendary.

I don't think results are predetermined. What's pre-determined is the fact that momentum will affect a certain team and if it will affect negatively or positively and it's determined when you just start a match. I tested this theory when I was Chelsea in ML and played against Crystal Palace. Same team with same tactics, formation and players, I saved before the match. I lost my first match 4-1 in Legend difficulty and reloaded the game. Then I ended up winning 4-2 and my players felt more responsive.

Some games ARE in my opinion . .. I've often stopped the match in frustration and simmed it a couple of times and either got the same result or the same amount of goals in a win for the Ai. In my opinion your whole season is predetermined in ML. Scenario in ML 2017 was like this .. . .your team plays rubbish for 2 seasons no matter who you have playing or what tactics you use.. . .if you are in second division you will end up bottom or near bottom .. if in a first division you will be relegated .. . 3rd season you improve and then 4th season you start to play as you should be allowed to play.

I've experienced it .. .it's my belief .. that's all .. . you have your own ideas, fair enough.

So if the AI has decided its going to win 3-0... you proceed to keep possession and fanny around with the ball, make no attempt to win the game, but hang on for a 0-0... the AI will force you into mistakes and will score 3 goals because it decided so?

How does the AI know how you are going to play and what is going to happen in a game before it even happens?

I have no doubt there are some stat boosts the higher the level you play, but comparing the 'sim engine' to a human v AI game is pointless.

Some games ARE in my opinion . .. I've often stopped the match in frustration and simmed it a couple of times and either got the same result or the same amount of goals in a win for the Ai. In my opinion your whole season is predetermined in ML. Scenario in ML 2017 was like this .. . .your team plays rubbish for 2 seasons no matter who you have playing or what tactics you use.. . .if you are in second division you will end up bottom or near bottom .. if in a first division you will be relegated .. . 3rd season you improve and then 4th season you start to play as you should be allowed to play.

That's probably because at certain times, the trigger that decides which team will be affected by momentum negatively always goes against you especially if you have 1 good season or in a run of good form. Sometimes it is randomized. In KONAMI's way, they think it will add more drama and randomness to ML that will be fun. If anything, this crap makes me not wanting to play this game because it's so obviously handicaps you and sucks the fun out of the match.

That's probably because at certain times, the trigger that decides which team will be affected by momentum negatively always goes against you especially if you have 1 good season or in a run of good form. Sometimes it is randomized. In KONAMI's way, they think it will add more drama and randomness to ML that will be fun. If anything, this crap makes me not wanting to play this game because it's so obviously handicaps you and sucks the fun out of the match.

Yeh Topaz it's also time consuming to get to the 4th season. . .I was playing Superstar manual on Pes 2018 ML and had to stop .. it takes scripting to a new level . ..I'll give it a go on Top Player and see will it allow a fair match.

This is why I rate 2017 as the best Pes ever. . . .going to have to drop down to Top Player in Ml Pes 2018 to get any enjoyment . . .Superstar is nonsense can't even imagine legendary.

You bet mate!
I´m having so much fun, that is actually easy to wait for PES 2018. I can´t buy it yet, but I´m not that worried. PES 2017 has made me happy these days.

I'm kinda sure that Vs com stats is gathered in by CPU,or has a big role in scripting.
And obviously difficulty level plays a part in how and when scripting hits.
Haven't felt scripting,not more than odd behaviour every now and then on TP.

I also see a big difference in CPU behaviour when I play manual or PA1.
On manual CPU is more aggressive,in PA1 they back down a bit.
The opposite goes when attacking,much more organic (CPU) and more on rails/patterns when I'm on PA1

I remember how tough 17 was at first,remember dropping to professional after a while.
So maybe with a better foul system,better player switching,SS will be enjoyable again.
Nevertheless it's one hell of a game.
I'm taking a few days off from it,really need to edit tactics and making the game a bit more compact,then I'll be back enjoying it full on.

OMFG

Playing offline is more stressfull than online this year.
Im f* pissed with my players shooting far away from the box even if i'm aiming with advanced shots.
Furthermore, i cant stay calm with all these f# goals that the AI does with long crossing behind my defenders. Those motherf*s stop and stare the ball and the forward running and do nothing. This is so stupid and im getting crazy.

How do you manage to prevent this kind of goal?

Here are highlights from my ML Liverpool team visiting West ham in the league, Top player PA1 12 minutes halves for now.

Won two free kicks close to the box and my new signing Paulinho was the difference in the match... They Brought on Carrol late in the game and he nearly saved his team!

Bonus : A special Coutinho goal as well

I'm new to you tube gaming but I'm planning something big this year for my offline gaming fix.

Last edited:
Okay so I've finished my first ML season with Fulham and it ended up being...not that good :( Goddamit just why these things happen. It was stressful and very unfun experience at times :(

ftWA4D0.jpg

FA Cup was ridiculous. I've eliminated Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal. Each of them played like shit, like some sort of Sunday League teams. Absolutely unacceptable. I really hate when it happens. It actually didn't seem to be problem in PES 2017. When I was playing as Spezia games against Juve and Milan especially were massive events, and those teams were extremely hard to beat.

Let's just hope it'll get better in Premier League.

gUw1P77.jpg

Following victory against Arsenal I've set difficulty to Super Star and I regretted it hard. Sorry but game just wasn't fun :( These matches re-activated my PTSD which PES 15 and 16 MLs gave me. There is no fucking logic. Nothing makes sense. You just press buttons but shit happens on its own. If you're to get fucked, you will get fucked. First three games were okay but derby with QPR were absolutely atrocious. Typical scriptfest from ye olde days. :/

01zu0ki.jpg

Now this was grade-a fucking bullshit. FA Cup final with Man City. I was supposed to do away with Superstar but I forgot to do so...of course City scores right away from kick-off in a most unbelievable shitfuckbitchomg way ever. I'm fighting everything, scripts, controls, probably even bhatty boi himself to eventually equalize. City starts playing worse and worse but I am just not allowed to score, and I've had some 100% chances. Went to penalty kicks, I've messed up once and yeah we lost :(

I'm not even mad about losing, we shouldn't have made it into final but ffs at least let me play the damn game. Dammit Konami did it again :/

Dropped back to Top Player and will most likely never look back again.

vpLJzTX.jpg

That's how league ended. Perica just broke for some reason, couldn't do anything, was 100% worthless :( Also Osako got 8 weeks of injury after Bolton game and dammit he's important :( As you can see before that game with City I've actually won two games on Superstar but it was not satisfying at all. Pure angery and screamery. No, never again!

That 2-0 with AV was the most fucked up game of all. Had I won I'd actually get back on 2nd place and get promoted right away. But nooooooo scripts are fun! Fuck off and go play in play-offs, player dickhead. And it was only Top Player as well.

Just whyyyy!!! I thought we're done with this kind of thing after PES 17. I've barely had any issues with scriptings there. It was good!

So it's play-offs and I was scared to death, what will the scriptlords bring me tonight?

LjAwFGb.jpg

Oh my fucking god you ruin my entire season with scripts and bullshit just to let go in play-offs and actually just Hand it Over, That Thing(TM), promotion to Premier League without any sort of resistance? Have I really went through last three in-game months of utter bullshit to be rewarded with Regular-level rivals?

Konami you gots to be kidding me right now.

QaJdZOZ.jpg

Yep, that's what happened. Apparently there's only one final game in English play-offs?

Perica is celebrating, not sure why. He has so much work to do, his good form has completely disappeared. Now that I've bought Solanke (and it's early June) and Osako is back from injury treatment Perica's future actually doesn't look so bright...

Maybe it's just Superstar, but second half of season was so aggravating. I really want to try higher difficulties but they're so randomly unfair at times :( And as you can see above it goes both ways. Those bad PES 15/16 feelings really came back at times. Oh well, we'll see what will Premier League bring.

kjtfeCy.jpg

Okay so budget actually works this year. Nice.

0o8zrgo.jpg

Off to the next season...

Dammit there's so many posts I can't keep up! I'll have to watch some of these videos later, I just don't have time :(

And yet I am extremely happy seeing how many people are getting in here and doing the postings. In the dark era I was posting my PES 6 MLs here all alone, nobody was visiting :( Glad these days are gone forever!

Superstar is bullshit and even worse on manual. Which idiot programmed it to play like that? It could have came about because of complaints last year of superstar being easy . .I didn't think so . . .anyway great post Anjin.

Back
Top Bottom