The Master League adventures thread

Okay so I've finished my first ML season with Fulham and it ended up being...not that good :( Goddamit just why these things happen. It was stressful and very unfun experience at times :(

ftWA4D0.jpg

FA Cup was ridiculous. I've eliminated Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal. Each of them played like shit, like some sort of Sunday League teams. Absolutely unacceptable. I really hate when it happens. It actually didn't seem to be problem in PES 2017. When I was playing as Spezia games against Juve and Milan especially were massive events, and those teams were extremely hard to beat.

Let's just hope it'll get better in Premier League.

gUw1P77.jpg

Following victory against Arsenal I've set difficulty to Super Star and I regretted it hard. Sorry but game just wasn't fun :( These matches re-activated my PTSD which PES 15 and 16 MLs gave me. There is no fucking logic. Nothing makes sense. You just press buttons but shit happens on its own. If you're to get fucked, you will get fucked. First three games were okay but derby with QPR were absolutely atrocious. Typical scriptfest from ye olde days. :/

01zu0ki.jpg

Now this was grade-a fucking bullshit. FA Cup final with Man City. I was supposed to do away with Superstar but I forgot to do so...of course City scores right away from kick-off in a most unbelievable shitfuckbitchomg way ever. I'm fighting everything, scripts, controls, probably even bhatty boi himself to eventually equalize. City starts playing worse and worse but I am just not allowed to score, and I've had some 100% chances. Went to penalty kicks, I've messed up once and yeah we lost :(

I'm not even mad about losing, we shouldn't have made it into final but ffs at least let me play the damn game. Dammit Konami did it again :/

Dropped back to Top Player and will most likely never look back again.

vpLJzTX.jpg

That's how league ended. Perica just broke for some reason, couldn't do anything, was 100% worthless :( Also Osako got 8 weeks of injury after Bolton game and dammit he's important :( As you can see before that game with City I've actually won two games on Superstar but it was not satisfying at all. Pure angery and screamery. No, never again!

That 2-0 with AV was the most fucked up game of all. Had I won I'd actually get back on 2nd place and get promoted right away. But nooooooo scripts are fun! Fuck off and go play in play-offs, player dickhead. And it was only Top Player as well.

Just whyyyy!!! I thought we're done with this kind of thing after PES 17. I've barely had any issues with scriptings there. It was good!

So it's play-offs and I was scared to death, what will the scriptlords bring me tonight?

LjAwFGb.jpg

Oh my fucking god you ruin my entire season with scripts and bullshit just to let go in play-offs and actually just Hand it Over, That Thing(TM), promotion to Premier League without any sort of resistance? Have I really went through last three in-game months of utter bullshit to be rewarded with Regular-level rivals?

Konami you gots to be kidding me right now.

QaJdZOZ.jpg

Yep, that's what happened. Apparently there's only one final game in English play-offs?

Perica is celebrating, not sure why. He has so much work to do, his good form has completely disappeared. Now that I've bought Solanke (and it's early June) and Osako is back from injury treatment Perica's future actually doesn't look so bright...

Maybe it's just Superstar, but second half of season was so aggravating. I really want to try higher difficulties but they're so randomly unfair at times :( And as you can see above it goes both ways. Those bad PES 15/16 feelings really came back at times. Oh well, we'll see what will Premier League bring.

kjtfeCy.jpg

Okay so budget actually works this year. Nice.

0o8zrgo.jpg

Off to the next season...

Dammit there's so many posts I can't keep up! I'll have to watch some of these videos later, I just don't have time :(

And yet I am extremely happy seeing how many people are getting in here and doing the postings. In the dark era I was posting my PES 6 MLs here all alone, nobody was visiting :( Glad these days are gone forever!
You're keeping it real man,love your reports.
Maybe try legendary in the PL:)

Mehuk it's not you . ..I'm on Ml Top Player manual with Brescia and I haven't won a match in 15 games and rarely score . ..my TS is around 48 and the matches are getting better but i'm still patiently waiting for a win. . .still enjoying it.

Mehuk it's not you . ..I'm on Ml Top Player manual with Brescia and I haven't won a match in 15 games and rarely score . ..my TS is around 48 and the matches are getting better but i'm still patiently waiting for a win. . .still enjoying it.

Yeah im really enjoying it, I keep on plugging away albeit embarrassing at times :D

Ill do my proper report tomorrow probably, just need to decide on my layout.

Yeah im really enjoying it, I keep on plugging away albeit embarrassing at times :D

Ill do my proper report tomorrow probably, just need to decide on my layout.

Don't worry buddy we'll both improve soon enough . .at least you know you're not the only one struggling.

aD1yRwD.jpg

Very bad month. Almost lost our 3rd place on the table. Atlético is 1 point behind only. We need to keep it up. Lost to Valencia with a goal at 90+2 because I went full offensive. Worth it, is how I like to play.

Sanabria is not working, so I'll try to sign Werner. Also, I signed Bernat and Jorge Meré. I need to sell Maxwell (I sold Amat already).

Eibar just beat me 1-6 with the most scripted match I have ever played. And now I have to play the Copa del Rey Final against Madrid. Nice.

EDIT: I finished the first season. Here is the stream I recorded doing so. Also, started the new season with lots of signings...

This are the stats of all the season combined:

eRsmgM2.jpg

jEB4fa9.jpg

AJLiKHp.jpg

... and here is the stream!

Last edited:
Okay so I went into next season with Fulham and quite frankly had enough of that shit. Transfers on Challenge Mode, at least with this sort of team are atrocious. Even when changes of signing are 4/5 teams often just outright deny any sort of negotiations. Even if I can easily afford it. Even if player in question is just some forgotten sub lost somewhere deep in locker room. Even if he was member of a way weaker team.

I just don't get it. Difficulty is alright, but it needs to make sense. And it makes none in this case.

So oh well I've bought whoever I could and headed into first PL season. Top Player. First game. 6-1 against Leicester no problem. I mean what? How. Why.

And second game Stoke just beats me 3-2, all three goals being state-of-the-art-right-off-the-kick-off-perfectly-passed-defenders-paralyzing-pieces-of-shit fucks sake I just couldn't handle it. Noooo don't ruin the game. Don't do it!

Noooooo!

So well I've basically said screw that I'm off to new ML to test Classic Mode. Why not continue Fulham? I might get back to it one day, but I want to test things on a clean save.

yXNRbPs.jpg

I've quickly realized WEHK OF doesn't have Serie B kits but I've found some Serie B specific patch on the internets. Not only kits, but also rivalries (plenty of derby games) and nice full team names (Parma Calcio 1913 yes please!). Top Player, Classic Mode.

Honestly, it would make absolutely no sense for Challenge Mode to affect difficulty on the pitch, only off it, aye? I mean, what would be the point of it.

Don't believe me just watch.

UFxe01X.jpg

Yes it's PA1, yes it's only Top Player, but holy shit it actually works. It feels like PES 2017 all over again. So freaking normal.

Granted there were few shitty games with kick-off goals and stuff, but I could generally manage. Not a single game where I was disallowed from playing actual football. Some extremely close calls when I've grabbed a victory after 90 minutes of hard work. And AI is relatively okay too. It just feels so normal, so logical, I'm liking this.

I'll be taking a risk now and moving up to Superstar, because well let's be honest I need more challenge. It's definitely not easy - especially games against Pescara and Palermo who are both chasing me were extremely nerve-wracking (both ended with 1:1 draw). But I suppose upping the difficulty is the only option now really.

Ah Serie B, it's so good to be home! Goddamn England sucks ass! :D

RIvXo80.jpg

Parma has a massive team (after Live Update), 30+ people, so many of them old and worthless :D But you can actually sell them for some great money. Like Lucarelli, 40-years old CB (what), I've still managed to sell him for like 4M€ :D This summer Parma was literally a car boot sale, so many people were sold into slavery and thus we've acquired many many monies! I like monies, they give the power.

The power to do the transferage.

As you clearly cannot see in this screenshot, I've brought Locatelli, yung DMF from Milan. Omg is he the best player in the game. I couldn't buy him - not a chance - so I've tried a trick. And it sort of worked. I've offered 12 months loan and they've agreed. But not only that, I've also added option to buy him out, and you can massively lower it down. And they've agreed again.

In the end loan cost + option to buy will cost as much as buying him, but this way I'll actually get him - buying him right away would never work. Only problem is that I need to collect 4-5M€ more until season's end to actually buy him out :D

It's gonna be fun!

RWF Orsolini and CB Bianchetti costed me tons of € but they are absolutely worth it. I was suprised to notice Sierralta being a Parma player - guess what? I've bought him to Spezia from Palestino (Chile) in PES 2017 ML. The coincidence! :D And now he's back with me. Also I've stolen Acampora from Spezia (really gud CMF) and plan on stealing my other bro from 2017, Maggiore. But they keep refusing :( Add CF Cutrone from Milan (gud strength) and GK Confente from Chievo (doing well so far) and we have quite a team to get things started.

o7ufU8L.jpg

Serie B has a really shitty time with us, we keep bouncing from W to W and barely anyone can stop us. Locatelli is absolute MVP, he's only a DMF but he does literally everything. Classical Internet quote he protecc but he also attacc is 100% perfect description. Absolutely monstrous. Acampora always gets in with some dope manual longshot, Bianchetti beats people down like a true manhandler of our times, Cutrone just scores and scores and scores...dammit it's good to be back in Italy! Best league! Lovin' every second of it.

So here's my idea - ditch that Challenge mode shit. More like bullshit mode amirite. You would think it shouldn't affect gameplay, but I think it does - although more testing and checking could help. Difference between Fulham and Parma is night and day. Konami most likely has simply added a bullshit switch and called it "challenge". Pffft!

Worst thing about Master Leagues is that so much stuff is hidden from us there's no way to conclude anything, all we have is theories and guessing. Frankly I don't want to start dozen MLs to test all possible settings out etc. And even then I'll most likely have only vague idea of what's going on inside the game.

Oh well let's just hope Superstar won't ruin everything. I cross mein fingers and hope for the best.

EDIT:

@ianni link those streams when they happen live so I can watch live somewhere goddamit I keep missing them :(

Also are you on Challenge Mode? Seems you've had shitfest of fuckshit (pure angery) at the end of your season same as I've had in Fulham.

Remove challenge mode from premises! Add classic! Makes yuge difference it seems.

@ianni link those streams when they happen live so I can watch live somewhere goddamit I keep missing them :(

Also are you on Challenge Mode? Seems you've had shitfest of fuckshit (pure angery) at the end of your season same as I've had in Fulham.

Remove challenge mode from premises! Add classic! Makes yuge difference it seems.

Yeah, I'm in Challenge mode. I have no problem for signings, but the last matches of the season were terryfing. My players were stupid, very slow, even tho I had 90+ TS. I can't change the Challenge mode without beginning a new ML I guess, so I shall keep playing, because I made great signings... I just hope scripting is not that strong at the start :/

Starting again, i loved my save but 1 win in 20 as Sporting Lisbon stings a bit :EMB:

Rock bottom of the league, we did make the Champions League group stage, beatig Sevilla on away goals in the qualifying round.... drew twice in the group with Dinamo, but that saw us go out in 4th as they scored at our ground.

Our Taca Portugal run ended instantly losing 3-0 to Estoril as my changed lineup just didnt work.

I had hoped to turn it around, but the tide was coming in fast and sometimes you just have to know when to walk away.

Tchau, eu te amo Sporting! :GSCARF:

Starting again, i loved my save but 1 win in 20 as Sporting Lisbon stings a bit :EMB:

Rock bottom of the league, we did make the Champions League group stage, beatig Sevilla on away goals in the qualifying round.... drew twice in the group with Dinamo, but that saw us go out in 4th as they scored at our ground.

Our Taca Portugal run ended instantly losing 3-0 to Estoril as my changed lineup just didnt work.

I had hoped to turn it around, but the tide was coming in fast and sometimes you just have to know when to walk away.

Tchau, eu te amo Sporting! :GSCARF:

I'm playing as Brescia in Serie B Top player manual passing and shooting and haven't won 1 match in 20 games. . .what a load of complete bollocks. .even the worst teams in reality win a few games . .playing my fuckin heart out and outwitting the A I a lot of the time but it just won't allow me to score . ..the whole fucking thing is scripted . . .I can't keep playing this without some reward for trying to play decent ball .. .taking the ball off my toe when about to score is becoming incredibly annoying as is the fact that they can stroll through my defense at will. . .. what were they thinking when making this game? "Make it as annoying as we can and heavily scripted". It's supposed to be fun not a chore. ..I need a break .. . hurry with the patches Konami.

Im playing Parma serie B
Guys and i have question
Is it possible to win just one f*cking match in legendary lvl???
My players are slow as f*ck .. .low shooting ...shit passing wtf ?
in 2017 legendary level was normal....

Im playing Parma serie B
Guys and i have question
Is it possible to win just one f*cking match in legendary lvl???
My players are slow as f*ck .. .low shooting ...shit passing wtf ?
in 2017 legendary level was normal....
AFAIK in pes 17 consoles legendary lvl was the superstar lvl of pc. Now legendary lvl is beyond superstar lvl.

Okay, if you like an unfair challenge, keep playing Challenge mode. If you want to actually ENJOY ML without crashing your controller, play Classic mode.

Yesterday I played 3 times against Deportivo La Coruña. ALWAYS ended 1-1 no matter what it happens.

I'm playing now on Classic mode and winning 0-3 at min. 36. And this is how it should be, because I have a beast team xD.

Okay, if you like an unfair challenge, keep playing Challenge mode. If you want to actually ENJOY ML without crashing your controller, play Classic mode.

Yesterday I played 3 times against Deportivo La Coruña. ALWAYS ended 1-1 no matter what it happens.

I'm playing now on Classic mode and winning 0-3 at min. 36. And this is how it should be, because I have a beast team xD.

I watched a few of your matches last night Ianni. . great stuff.

I watched a few of your matches last night Ianni. . great stuff.

I hope you haven't seen the Copa del Rey Final... This Challenge Mode scripting almost made me mad. Thanks for watching Deco, I'm glad you like it!

EDIT: First two matches with Challenge Mode; last two with Classic Mode.

d3jgHML.jpg

Draxler is playing brilliant, and Werner is a beast. Mbappé is not that good tho, but I trust him.

I'm trying to sign Kimbempe, Pavón and Odegaard with 6M salary budget. Oh, well. I can try at least.

Last edited:
Ok, things went better than I expected. I don't need to sign Pavón as I have Samu Castillejo and K. Coman as RFW.

But I signed Kimbempe, Odegaard AND Vallejo (from Real Madrid). I sold Feddal and Tosca :_) This is my squad for my second season:

lplkRdD.jpg

YDy1cKY.jpg

I hope I can win this La Liga, now that I'm playing in Classic Mode.

Latest game in my ML.

PES2008 PS2

Canvey Eagles v Huddersfield (English Champonship Cup Round 1, 1st Leg)

What I liked about this is that I played a weak team, struggled, made 3 changes and played so much better. I needed to rest my first team because of their stamina.

@ianni told you! Shame I couldn't stay longer yesterday, that Betis of yours looks really, really terrifying. Go and get that title, destroy reals and barcelonas and usher new age of futebol in Spain. Do it!

Everyone, if yer playing Challenge can you test Classic with us? Seems like it actually makes a difference, which is unbelievable wow gud job konami.

@Deco I'll be honest man it sounds like it actually hurts to play the game for you :( Maybe try PA1 dunno? I'm at Superstar/Classic/PA1/Manual Shooting now and it's spot on, there's actual goddamn variety in the game and so far only my last game against Avellino was some real shit. But on the other hand, my first game with these settings against Cremonese I've lost 1-0 and they've scored in 93rd minute and I wasn't even mad! The game was so intense and real, I was angry initially but in the end it was a fair game which could go any way. Great fun!

K156JU7.jpg

I might give PA0 a try one day, I just don't have time to do this anymore. I've had to in PES 15 and 16, and since now I can manage scripts I'm fine with PA1.

I really, really, really reccomend SS/PA1/Classic combo, I'm even getting actual fouls now o_O. Even if I'm probably about to lose my lead in Serie B, difficulty seems to be balanced perfectly. I just love how much patience and attention it demands from me now, it's miles ahead of that Fulham campaign.

PSA: DO NOT USE CHALLENGE MODE IT'S CANCER MODE IN DISGUISE DONT TRUST KONAMI!!!!

Thank you for your time very much!!!

@ianni told you! Shame I couldn't stay longer yesterday, that Betis of yours looks really, really terrifying. Go and get that title, destroy reals and barcelonas and usher new age of futebol in Spain. Do it!

Everyone, if yer playing Challenge can you test Classic with us? Seems like it actually makes a difference, which is unbelievable wow gud job konami.

@Deco I'll be honest man it sounds like it actually hurts to play the game for you :( Maybe try PA1 dunno? I'm at Superstar/Classic/PA1/Manual Shooting now and it's spot on, there's actual goddamn variety in the game and so far only my last game against Avellino was some real shit. But on the other hand, my first game with these settings against Cremonese I've lost 1-0 and they've scored in 93rd minute and I wasn't even mad! The game was so intense and real, I was angry initially but in the end it was a fair game which could go any way. Great fun!

K156JU7.jpg

I might give PA0 a try one day, I just don't have time to do this anymore. I've had to in PES 15 and 16, and since now I can manage scripts I'm fine with PA1.

I really, really, really reccomend SS/PA1/Classic combo, I'm even getting actual fouls now o_O. Even if I'm probably about to lose my lead in Serie B, difficulty seems to be balanced perfectly. I just love how much patience and attention it demands from me now, it's miles ahead of that Fulham campaign.

PSA: DO NOT USE CHALLENGE MODE IT'S CANCER MODE IN DISGUISE DONT TRUST KONAMI!!!!

Thank you for your time very much!!!

Anjin I'm an old hand at this . . .the problem is my team Brescia are so weak. . a lot of the team are 59 to 64 rating .. .I don't have the personnel yet. . .ianni has a team of strong players. ..I'm still enjoying it.. .just get annoyed sometimes with the scripting.

Back
Top Bottom