The Master League adventures thread

Tactical Analysis

One victory in seven La Liga outings is simply not good enough. Valencia have only 5 points on the board and Mendieta runs the risk of being sacked if the current form continues.

Now, I respect the fact that team spirit plays a big part in how well the side gels (Valencia’s is roughly 65 at present) but that’s only half the story. The rest lies at the managers feet. Mendieta has been anaylsising video footage of matches gone and has decided to tweak things in order to remedy the situation.

The two main areas in need of attention are:
1. Ball retention.
2. Style of play/ldentity

1. Los Che simply put, do not retain the ball well. In trying to move the ball up the field quickly Valencia keep wasting possession needlessly which in turn leads to the opposition finding gaps on the counter. Which brings us to point...

2. To date Mendieta has attempted to implement a counter attacking style of play. Sitting deep, turning over possession and breaking up the pitch. The problem is, defensively Valencia are not soaking up pressure well. So The team are struggling to contain the opposition and win back possession and then when they do win the ball they are been wasteful with it (as mentioned above). It’s a recipe for disaster. The squad is simply not equipped to play this way.

A change of approach

Valencia will now switch to a more possession based style of football with an emphasis on keeping the ball moving, to frustrate the opponent, and patiently unearth chinks in their armour.

In Pes 2017 while playing possession I found that my players were not that interested in getting forward and had to be prompted to move .. .. .what season are you in at the moment totti? Season one is notorious for trying to push you to the bottom but after that each season gets better . .just my opinion.

In Pes 2017 while playing possession I found that my players were not that interested in getting forward and had to be prompted to move .. .. .what season are you in at the moment totti? Season one is notorious for trying to push you to the bottom but after that each season gets better . .just my opinion.

I’m only in my first season. I always struggle to start with, especially on superstar. But don’t worry for me brother... it’s just the way I like :DD

Always enjoy the challenge. This may be the toughest I’ve had in a few years, which is a good thing. Haven’t even given “Legend” mode a sniff yet haha! It may be a while

Going through a strange run lately . . .We're in the latter half of season four and have been consistently up in the top 6 all season which I expected from past Ml experiences .. the games have gone very odd, not much happening in them and most teams are getting to the ball before me . .mainly draws or defeats . .. I think the AI scripting has Brescia down for a battle for a European spot. . the one where you fall out of the Euro places and get back in and then out again ... .think I'm in for a "thrilling" finale . . but will just fail to make Europe.

Going through a strange run lately . . .We're in the latter half of season four and have been consistently up in the top 6 all season which I expected from past Ml experiences .. the games have gone very odd, not much happening in them and most teams are getting to the ball before me . .mainly draws or defeats . .. I think the AI scripting has Brescia down for a battle for a European spot. . the one where you fall out of the Euro places and get back in and then out again ... .think I'm in for a "thrilling" finale . . but will just fail to make Europe.

Season four!
I’ll be lucky if I make it that far some time this century haha!

Valencia 1-1 Barcelona

A morale boosting performance for Valencia against the Catalonia giants.

In the 29th minute Lookman grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck, charging down the man on the ball and stealing possession wide out on the left. The Evertonian loanee surged into the box and finished confidently, bending a low effort round the keeper and into the far corner of the net. The youngster has been Los Che’s brightest spark this season.

Valencia had a wobble less than 5 minutes later when Paulinho tucked away a rebound from messi’s havoc causing corner. The effort, however, was rightfully chalked off as the Brazilian had strayed offside.

The home side were holding their own until a big call in the 56th minute when, harshly, right midfielder Santi Mina was giving his marching orders for a sliding challenge on Jordon Alba. It was more deserving of a yellow more than anything, as Alba had turned his back on Mina just as contact was made by the youngster.

Changing tact, Los Che defended deep and doggedly in an attempt to withstand wave upon wave of Barcelona pressure. Such a shame then when, surrounded by 4 Valencia players inside the box, Luis Suarez managed to twist and turn just enough to engineer himself an opening and fire past Neto and rippling the back of Neto’s net.

A cruel blow for the east coast club at the last, but Mendieta and his players can hold their heads up high. With eight rounds of La Liga gone, Los Che are the first to take any points from table topping Barcelona!

Last edited:
You can change the weather before each match. ..before kickoff go into stadium and change weather to fine and night or day.

Yep, a nice little tweak this year allowing us to change the weather. I have a raining game every once in a while. An evening kick off perhaps in a midweek cup game and definitely in European competition..... the rest of the time beautiful bright sunny days

Girona 0-2 Valencia

Valencia back up a well earned point against Barca with a comprehensive away victory at minnows Girona.

Kondogbia set the ball rolling early on with a powerful header from Parejo’s corner. Before the half was out Zaza doubled the lead, squirming his way through the Girona back line to slot home a give and go with Carlos Soler.

Girona were poor but everything clicked today for a Valencia side who retained the ball well throughout the 90 minutes.

Yep, a nice little tweak this year allowing us to change the weather. I have a raining game every once in a while. An evening kick off perhaps in a midweek cup game and definitely in European competition..... the rest of the time beautiful bright sunny days

Can't stand the sunny day matches they always play shit for me . .the sky looks like a kids painting.

Last edited:
I am playing the second season with Stoke City. Have a bright start, even top of the table for a couple of weeks.
I thought I had it easy. Until match day 13 then everything goes downhill, lose 6 consecutive matches. Now #8 on the table.
Top 4 seems impossible now.

Nottingham Forest 2 - 2 Bayern Munchen
UCL Group D - Matchday 2

3rd season just starting, and also first season on Europe, a nightmare group with Juventus and Bayern.
Things couldn't started worse with an 1-1 against ludogorets, still not believing that last minute chance against Bayern, but in fact it was a good match, last minutes I were defending as bad as its possible...

PES2018_2017_11_09_05_47_03_93.png

Last season ended up 3rd on the league 1 point away from Manchester United, at least managed to snatch away FA Cup from them, this season I want to win everything and started well by winning Community Shield, now I'm fighting to keep on Champions League, looks like a nice challange this season

Girona 0-2 Valencia

Valencia back up a well earned point against Barca with a comprehensive away victory at minnows Girona.

Kondogbia set the ball rolling early on with a powerful header from Parejo’s corner. Before the half was out Zaza doubled the lead, squirming his way through the Girona back line to slot home a give and go with Carlos Soler.

Girona were poor but everything clicked today for a Valencia side who retained the ball well throughout the 90 minutes.

That was some leap and header for the first goal.

UCL Group D - Matchday 2

3rd season just starting, and also first season on Europe, a nightmare group with Juventus and Bayern.
Things couldn't started worse with an 1-1 against ludogorets, still not believing that last minute chance against Bayern, but in fact it was a good match, last minutes I were defending as bad as its possible...

Last season ended up 3rd on the league 1 point away from Manchester United, at least managed to snatch away FA Cup from them, this season I want to win everything and started well by winning Community Shield, now I'm fighting to keep on Champions League, looks like a nice challange this season
UCL Group D - Matchday 2

Good match ... was it played at midnight on new years eve? That chance at the end, thought it was a goal for a second.

Dinamo kyiv 2-0 Valencia.
(Europa league)

Dinamo Kyiv have proven to be tough opposition for the Spanish side. However this time, despite it not being the result Mendieta wanted, it was a much better performance than at the Mestalla.

Both goals were scored by the Russians on the break, catching Valencia high up the pitch.

The first in the 32nd minute. Rashford springing the offside trap and galloping away from the halfway line to finish past Doménech. Boy that kid is fast!

Mbokani killed the game off in the 91st minute after Valencia we’re again caught out commiting men forward in a desperate attempt to grab an equaliser. The big Congolese target man Cooly slotted in down to the keepers left from 10 yards out.

Kyiv top the group and have already secured progress to the next round. Valencia still have work to do!

UCL Group D - Matchday 2

You were lucky as hell !
Specifically from 60' to the end, you couldn't even keep the ball, with the exception of the last minute chance.
Even before this, Bayern had a great tet-a-tet chance with Kimmich.
Good performance though and great match overall !

UCL Group D - Matchday 2

I endeavoured to watch this but I had to give up. Why is there a strange blurriness to the recording?

Anyways, from what I did see of the first half, you played well

After 3 hard fought wins and in fifth position in the table Brescia meet their derby rivals Cremonese . .

F033B3DB-A2BA-4AA4-AC48-22833A55A8AF.jpeg

A busy month yields some mixed results for Valencia. Form is patchy at best! But Mendieta can take heart from his sides latest victory over Girona.

Valencia 2-2 Malaga

Malaga still remain in the hunt for a first La Liga victory after Los Che’s late equaliser.

With 17 on the clock, after what had a been a bright opening from the home side, Malaga took the lead against the run of play. Adrián tucked away a fortuitous rebound after Borja Baston’s powerdriver had crashed against the right hand post and fell kindly at the feet of the midfielder.

Parity was restored in the 35th minute after some nice one touch passing set Montoya free down the right flank and his pinpoint cross was met by Lookman’s diving header at the near post.

The away side must’ve thought they had won it when, in the 86th minute, Recio climbed above Montoya, to loop a header over Doménech from Adrian’s corner. Fate, however, can be cruel and it wasn’t to be Malaga’s day.

Valencia threw every able body forward and two minutes later they equalised. Murillo’s searching long ball into the area was cut out but Kondogbia stole it off the defenders foot and finished low past the keeper to send the home crowd into raptures!

Valencia’s transfer listed defender Garay, seemingly frozen out this season, had been drafted into the starting eleven against Malaga for his first appearance since Mendieta took charge. Is there a way back for the old Argentinian? Possibly.

Athletic club Bilbao 1-0 Valencia

Valencia were soundly beaten in the Basque country, if not in scoreline well then certainly in performance. Los Che were disjointed once again, lacking cohesion and failing to create any chances of note. In contrast, Atletic Bilbao were full of beans and looked dangerous everytime they forayed forward.

The only goal of the game came courtesy of the head of Mikel Rico. The ageing midfielder converted at the near post from barely a yard out after Muniain had twisted up his marker on the byline to find space for the short cross.

The big news of the day happened elsewhere, further south, where Real Madrid beat there Catalan nemesis Barcelona at the Bernabeu 2-0 in the El Classico. Madrid are now the only team to remain unbeaten in La Liga after inflicting a first defeat of the season over Barca. Malaga also picked up their first win off the season, leapfrogging Girona at the foot of the table!

Last edited:
Valencia 3-0 Las Palmas

On a wet pitch at the Mestalla, Valencia get back to winning ways with a confident display against Las Palmas.

In the 26th minute, after three attempts to his get effort away, Soler’s strike came off the left hand post and flew across the length of the goal line. Lizoain, the Las Palmas keeper, then contrived to get his angles all wrong, diving down on the wet turf and pushing the Ball into his own net for a rather bizarre own goal!

There was nothing bizarre about Valencia’s 2nd. Linetty notching his first goal for Los Che with a devastating 25 yard rocket! Parejo had teed up the Polish holding midfielder in the 52nd minute after Las Palmas had failed to properly clear a Valencia corner.

Soler completed the scoring In the 59th minute, converting Zaza’s cross at the near post after a slick move down the right wing had freed up space for the Italian.

On a side note, Valencia transfer target Halilovic (playing behind the strikers) looked lively for Las Palmas.

Valencia 3-0 Las Palmas

On a wet pitch at the Mestalla, Valencia get back to winning ways with a confident display against Las Palmas.

In the 26th minute, after three attempts to his get effort away, Soler’s strike came off the left hand post and flew across the length of the goal line. Lizoain, the Las Palmas keeper, then contrived to get his angles all wrong, diving down on the wet turf and pushing the Ball into his own net for a rather bizarre own goal!

There was nothing bizarre about Valencia’s 2nd. Linetty notching his first goal for Los Che with a devastating 25 yard rocket! Parejo had teed up the Polish holding midfielder in the 52nd minute after Las Palmas had failed to properly clear a Valencia corner.

Soler completed the scoring In the 59th minute, converting Zaza’s cross at the near post after a slick move down the right wing had freed up space for the Italian.

On a side note, Valencia transfer target Halilovic (playing behind the strikers) looked lively for Las Palmas.

Great win .. couple of nice goals there buddy.

Ok down to serious business now . .semifinals of the promotion playoffs . .first leg against Empoli. . we need a win to take to their patch .. a place in the final is at stake. .

Back
Top Bottom