The Master League adventures thread

Valencia outsmarted in Sevilla.

Los Che now without a win in three games after going down 2-0 at Sevilla.

Valencia enjoyed plenty of possession but were once again ripped open on the counter attack.

I can do buddy. but I’m not exactly, how do I say, at one with the force when it comes to these sort of things haha! :D

Will give it my best shot with my next match up tonight perhaps

Anyone know how long I will get out of the video capture if I record my game on the PS4? Is there a limit?

I don’t want it to suddenly stop halfway through lol!

Anyone know how long I will get out of the video capture if I record my game on the PS4? Is there a limit?

You can set it for 30 mins or 15 mins. ..I usually do 15 mins to cover each half . . .word of warning you double click it quickly to start or to finish it if you want to before the times up . .but if you only press it once by mistake you will lose the recording .. ..there's another way to do it as well I think it will automatically record for 15 mins and I can't remember which way that works . ..I'm sure somebody will explain it to you in here.

All systems go on transfer deadline day....

Arnold signs from Liverpool for €4.6million on a 3 year deal giving Mendieta valuable cover at right back.

Negotiations for out of favour West Ham keeper Adrian break down after the two clubs failed to agree on a fee.

Lookman signs on a year long loan from Everton for €1.3million and will hope to grasp this opportunity to shine.

Valencia receive three bids for Columbian centre back Murillo. including derby and Torino for €20million. Mendieta is determined to hold onto his first choice defender.

Surprisingly No one offers for Garay or Orellano despite interested parties. The manager was hoping to offload at least one of the ageing players from his squad.

Los Che recieve a last gasp bid of €25 million from French outfit Guingamp for Parejo. Despite early apprehensions Mendieta has taken a shine to the Spanish midfielder and declines the generous offer.

Yeh like @Deco says I think it is up to 30mins or maybe even 60mins.

What I do when recording is...

1. Press that inside left button. Sorry cannot remember what it’s called. That brings up a left panel.

2. Then press the button again. The recording will start from then.

3. To finish recording, press it again so the left panel appears.

4. DONT FORGET to save that recording by pressing ‘square’ because if you press that left button again that recording will be deleted and a new one will start!

5. I normally do this at the end of each half and then edit it all in Share Factory. :)

Here we go peepz.....

Europa league opener against Lazio

Apologies for the length of vid. Didn’t get a chance to run through and edit things as I got lumbered with a night shift on my day off ha!

VALENCIA 2-0 REAL SOCIEDAD

After a first win of the season against a tough Lazio side, Valencia replicated that winning mentality to pick up a first La Liga win against Real Sociedad at the Mestalla.

On a swift counter down the right, Right back Montoya had spotted Zaza getting his nose ahead of the last defender in the center of the box. Montoya crossed low and hard to the bearded Italian and Zaza finished expertly off the post.

Mendieta switched things up on 60 mins, pulling off Zaza and sending on Guedes as a false no.9. The move worked wonders with the young talent dinking the Ball over the keeper in the 92nd minute after a scramble in the Sociedad box.

VALENCIA 0-0 REAL BETIS

More akin to a game of chess this match was a tight affair with both sides defending well and restricting their opponents in the final third. (a very enjoyable match though)

VALENCIA 2-2 KIRKBURGH CITY

Valencia twice let the lead slip on a rainy night in Europe (excuse the pun).

Mendieta fielded a heavily rotated squad, handing Arnold his debut at right back. Lookman started on the left of midfield and impressed again scoring both the goals for Los Che. That’s 3 goals in two European appearances for the youngster and more importantly he has a 100% conversion rate with 3 goals from 3 shots, good stuff!

VALENCIA 2-0 REAL SOCIEDAD

After a first win of the season against a tough Lazio side, Valencia replicated that winning mentality to pick up a first La Liga win against Real Sociedad at the Mestalla.

On a swift counter down the right, Right back Montoya had spotted Zaza getting his nose ahead of the last defender in the center of the box. Montoya crossed low and hard to the bearded Italian and Zaza finished expertly off the post.

Mendieta switched things up on 60 mins, pulling off Zaza and sending on Guedes as a false no.9. The move worked wonders with the young talent dinking the Ball over the keeper in the 92nd minute after a scramble in the Sociedad box.

VALENCIA 0-0 REAL BETIS

More akin to a game of chess this match was a tight affair with both sides defending well and restricting their opponents in the final third. (a very enjoyable match though)

VALENCIA 2-2 KIRKBURGH CITY

Valencia twice let the lead slip on a rainy night in Europe (excuse the pun).

Mendieta fielded a heavily rotated squad, handing Arnold his debut at right back. Lookman started on the left of midfield and impressed again scoring both the goals for Los Che. That’s 3 goals in two European appearances for the youngster and more importantly he has a 100% conversion rate with 3 goals from 3 shots, good stuff!

Did you give up on recording?

Nope, lol!

I just don’t have time to commit to recording matches all the time. Will do odd ones here and there. Shift work and a large hectic family don’t afford me the luxury to do what I like haha

Forgot to mention, Real Sociedad had a man recieve a straight red card midway through the first half after lunging in on Kondogbia from behind.

Nice to see a red given

Man this game. I can't remember ever hating and loving with the same passion a Pes.

I'm finally chilling a bit: put away Superstar and Legend at least for the moment, I started a new ML, Manchester United, Top Player, with @kilay 's excellent, fantastic OF and it seems like it's finally another game where I can dominate small teams, lose/having problems against good ones (just played a "derby" against rival Liverpool, one red card for them but they managed to beat me 2 a 0 anyway in a match that felt truly alive, with me attacking and pressing to no end and them exploiting counter attacks due to their man down, it almost made me say aloud I really wish this could happen more often!) without being frustrated to no end.. so it seems I can finally enjoy all the wonderful small moments this game can deliver without feeling the need to eat my joypad every other minute :D. I'm still eagerly waiting for the patch but I must say I'm really satisfied by now.

p.s. I'll repeat, I really want to give credit to @kilay as I think that his tactics are truly making a great difference, when I'll feel like it (maybe not so soon as I'm having the most fun since the game came out at TP) I'll give a try to Superstar as well..

Man this game. I can't remember ever hating and loving with the same passion a Pes.

I'm finally chilling a bit: put away Superstar and Legend at least for the moment, I started a new ML, Manchester United, Top Player, with @kilay 's excellent, fantastic OF and it seems like it's finally another game where I can dominate small teams, lose/having problems against good ones (just played a "derby" against rival Liverpool, one red card for them but they managed to beat me 2 a 0 anyway in a match that felt truly alive, with me attacking and pressing to no end and them exploiting counter attacks due to their man down, it almost made me say aloud I really wish this could happen more often!) without being frustrated to no end.. so it seems I can finally enjoy all the wonderful small moments this game can deliver without feeling the need to eat my joypad every other minute :D. I'm still eagerly waiting for the patch but I must say I'm really satisfied by now.

p.s. I'll repeat, I really want to give credit to @kilay as I think that his tactics are truly making a great difference, when I'll feel like it (maybe not so soon as I'm having the most fun since the game came out at TP) I'll give a try to Superstar as well..

Good to hear your enjoying it brother. May it stay that way

Me too.i use kilay's OF and.i must say that with his tactical pes is another game. I hope the patch makes this game more enjoyable without spoiling what's good there in it.

Deportivo 1-0 Valencia

Disappointing performance from Los Che. La Liga form not great at the moment which is worrying because, Sevilla aside, we haven’t faced off against any of the big 3 yet!
Only real chance we had was a Orellano header sent wide at the back post.... just not good enough. Also, school boy error from myself forgetting to man mark Perez (the goal scorer).

Valencia 1-0 Tenerife
(Copa del Rey 1st leg)

Victory over Tenerife in the Copa del Rey sees Valencia take a slender 1-0 into the 2nd leg. Rodrigo, in today with Simone Zaza taking a much needed rest, gets the goal in the 73rd minute with a nice chipped finish over the sprawling keeper. The rapidly developing Lookman had set him clean through on goal with a defence splitting pass. Good to get a victory after a few games, even if it is against a seconda division side.

Deportivo 1-0 Valencia

Disappointing performance from Los Che. La Liga form not great at the moment which is worrying because, Sevilla aside, we haven’t faced off against any of the big 3 yet!
Only real chance we had was a Orellano header sent wide at the back post.... just not good enough. Also, school boy error from myself forgetting to man mark Perez (the goal scorer).

You were a bit unlucky in the vid . .you could have scored 2 . ..I played as Valencia in ML last year and like you I used Orellano as an AMF sometimes . .he scored a couple of crackers for me as did Rodrigo .. .Zaza was a great sub and won a few games for me.

Ok we're back with ML and Brescia. .after a weeks holiday the lads are in fine fettle for the match v Ternana who are struggling lately . .. worth a watch this one .. a couple of nice goals in it. .

Ok we're back with ML and Brescia. .after a weeks holiday the lads are in fine fettle for the match v Ternana who are struggling lately . .. worth a watch this one .. a couple of nice goals in it. .

Great result for Brescia.
Highlight for me was the chipped pass from Zivkovic to set up the opener. Masterful dude!

Tenerife (2) 2-3 (4) Valencia
(Copa del Rey 2nd leg)

The home side put up a spirited fight during a rain soaked evening on the Spanish island.

Rodrigo and Carlos Soler scored almost identical goals within 2 minutes of each other, both converting low crosses from either wing, as the first half closed out. Tenerife fought back in the 2nd half with two well taken goals. However, with Orellano pressing, Inaki’s attempted clearance ricocheted back towards the Tenerife goal affording Rodrigo plenty of time and space to kill off the tie.

Deportivo await Valencia in the next round.

Valencia 0-1 Dinamo Kyiv
(Europa)

A flat performance from Gaizka Mendieta’s Valencia side who struggled to contain a dynamic front duo of Mbokani and Marcus Rashford!

The pair of ex-Premier league forwards combined in the 26th minute with Mbokani slotting Rashfords square ball past the Valencia keeper from 12 yards.

Leganés 1-0 Valencia

Leganes started the day two spots below Valencia and now climb above them.

Los Che took their opponent too lightly and paid by conceding early in the 5th minute. Beauvue heading in unmarked from only six yards out. Parejo almost levelled things two minutes later after a neat one-two with Zaza but Pichu Cuellar in the Leganes goal produced a smart stop. Things need to get better soon or Mendieta could well find himself down the job centre!

Tenerife (2) 2-3 (4) Valencia
(Copa del Rey 2nd leg)

The home side put up a spirited fight during a rain soaked evening on the Spanish island.

Rodrigo and Carlos Soler scored almost identical goals within 2 minutes of each other, both converting low crosses from either wing, as the first half closed out. Tenerife fought back in the 2nd half with two well taken goals. However, with Orellano pressing, Inaki’s attempted clearance ricocheted back towards the Tenerife goal affording Rodrigo plenty of time and space to kill off the tie.

Deportivo await Valencia in the next round.

Good game nice goals . ..I played Juve in the quarter finals of the Tim cup last night . .beat them 2-1 at their ground and then they beat me 3-0 at our patch ..but my recorder started playing up and not recording so no footage.

Tactical Analysis

One victory in seven La Liga outings is simply not good enough. Valencia have only 5 points on the board and Mendieta runs the risk of being sacked if the current form continues.

Now, I respect the fact that team spirit plays a big part in how well the side gels (Valencia’s is roughly 65 at present) but that’s only half the story. The rest lies at the managers feet. Mendieta has been anaylsising video footage of matches gone and has decided to tweak things in order to remedy the situation.

The two main areas in need of attention are:
1. Ball retention.
2. Style of play/ldentity

1. Los Che simply put, do not retain the ball well. In trying to move the ball up the field quickly Valencia keep wasting possession needlessly which in turn leads to the opposition finding gaps on the counter. Which brings us to point...

2. To date Mendieta has attempted to implement a counter attacking style of play. Sitting deep, turning over possession and breaking up the pitch. The problem is, defensively Valencia are not soaking up pressure well. So The team are struggling to contain the opposition and win back possession and then when they do win the ball they are been wasteful with it (as mentioned above). It’s a recipe for disaster. The squad is simply not equipped to play this way.

A change of approach

Valencia will now switch to a more possession based style of football with an emphasis on keeping the ball moving, to frustrate the opponent, and patiently unearth chinks in their armour.

Back
Top Bottom