The Master League adventures thread

Thanx bro
I'm playing top player,manual passing, advanced through ball,basic shooting,20 Min and 0 game speed.
Camera is pitch side 2-4-10
I've actually dropped to -1 game speed on my last two games
Thanks for the info bro. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. We shall all see each other again in the after life. I am a firm believer of this. I lost my brother 14 years, ago myself. I'll see him again.

One more question for you. On your last two vids, what speed was it on?

I also pay the Xbox version. Wish they allowed us to use option files for kits. This is a travesty!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info bro. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. We shall all see each other again in the after life. I am a firm believer of this. I lost my brother 14 years, ago myself. I'll see him again.

One more question for you. On your last two kids here, what speed was it on?

I also pay the Xbox version. Wish they allowed us to use option files for kits. This is a travesty!
Thanks pal,sorry for your loss,life is strange and tough at times
Zero game speed,all have been on that speed.
My next two games,vs Napoli and Vitesse are on -1
Microsoft is horrible when it comes to that,I'm pretty sure it will get resolved,saw that konami is trying to xplore the one drive option (loading files in to the Xbox straight from the internet)
Kits would be lovely,and badges....

Game 5 of my Serie A campaign
Torino Vs Napoli a 5 goal thriller,all on headers

Next one is my 2nd EL game Vs Vitesse Arnhem,a game that was insane,thought that konami had patched the game,so good,not one lofted through ball,plus 5 freekicks and a few yellow cards

Nice game and great job bringing your gk out to dive on the ball in the end. I noticed the CPU was trying hard to tie the game in the remaining minutes becoming more aggressive with ping pong precision passing.

I will begin my ML tonight. I will use your settings and adopt Inter as my team. Will stick with -1 speed though.

Nice game and great job bringing your gk out to dive on the ball in the end. I noticed the CPU was trying hard to tie the game in the remaining minutes becoming more aggressive with ping pong precision passing.

I will begin my ML tonight. I will use your settings and adopt Inter as my team. Will stick with -1 speed though.
-1 is a nice speed,Inter is a great side,I usually play as their arch enemies Milan.
Good luck pal

Some great reading in this thread!

Now I've got an option file torn between going for a decent team like Milan/Inter in my ML, or taking a championship/serie b team through the ranks.
Played a few exhibition games with lower teams and had great fun.

Thoughts guys?

I thought I would start posting some more videos from my ML.
I really struggled in my first season only scoring 3 goals (one of them an OG).
I have now brought in some new players to create a stronger spine to the team and during preseason I have noticed the players are gelling together at last because of their improved stats and because of the training I have been giving them.

So the first game of the season Swansea v Canvey Eagles...

PES2008 PS2
Regular difficulty
15 mins

I recorded the whole match here but in future maybe I will just post the highlights. I just wanted to highlight the midfield battles during this tough match.

Last edited:
I have now brought in some new players to create a stronger spine to the team and during preseason I have noticed the players are gelling together at last because of their improved stats and because of the training I have been giving them.

PES2018 PS2
Regular difficulty
15 mins

I recorded the whole match here but in future maybe I will just post the highlights. I just wanted to highlight the midfield battles during this tough match.

Looked good geeeeee, can see why you play it.

Now I've got an option file torn between going for a decent team like Milan/Inter in my ML, or taking a championship/serie b team through the ranks.

Thoughts guys?
Start with a small club IMO.

Started a ML campaign yesterday with Brighton, Superstar difficulty, Challenge mode.

Won the first match 3-2. It was a thriller. Will post some screenshots of my team and new signings later if anyone is interested.

Had some amazing matches. Superstar is perfect for me, very challenging but rewarding.

Need to finish 9th though or I am sacked :(

Start with a small club IMO.

Started a ML campaign yesterday with Brighton, Superstar difficulty, Challenge mode.

Won the first match 3-2. It was a thriller. Will post some screenshots of my team and new signings later if anyone is interested.

Had some amazing matches. Superstar is perfect for me, very challenging but rewarding.

Need to finish 9th though or I am sacked :(

Let us know if you get the sack Guru and what happens.

Thoughts guys?
I think the gameplay in Serie B could be fun
Or go a third way,a "smaller" Serie A team,Crotone/Hellas Verona etc
I was very close to start one with Hellas Verona

PES2008 PS2
Regular difficulty
15 mins

Looks tough as hell man,did you get relegated last season?
How is the game set up.
One first league,and a second D2 league like in Pes 6.
Cool,I actually googled Canvey.
Good luck G

Another stunning game
Since starting using marking I've been able to stop loads of lofted passes,and the few going over my def line,my defenders are closer to the threat and sort that issue
Played this game without marking as a test first,lost 4-1,all goals being lofted passes

This game I marked their lone striker,both their attacking wingers,plus my DMF took up marking on their CMF (playmaker)
Look at Lazios first and last chance of the game
Defending and closing out, beautiful
Game 6 Lazio away
Thanks to @chiefrocka4real for suggestion marking,or was it @Jimi_Zuko ,either way saved my game boys

Last edited:
nice work strongo, I started an ML with Atheltico Madrid last night and this game is the tits! We had three lads on one couch! When are they going to allow us to play each others master leagues online!!!!

Let us know if you get the sack Guru and what happens.

There´s some guy over youtube who has simulated lots of matches until he was sacked. He lost like 6 matches in a row and then the derby against Barcelona, if I´m not mistaken... He was sacked and then was offered the manager position at a couple weaker teams.

Another stunning game
Since starting using marking I've been able to stop loads of lofted passes,and the few going over my def line,my defenders are closer to the threat and sort that issue
Played this game without marking as a test first,lost 4-1,all goals being lofted passes

This game I marked their lone striker,both their attacking wingers,plus my DMF took up marking on their CMF (playmaker)
Look at Lazios first and last chance of the game
Defending and closing out, beautiful
Game 6 Lazio away
Thanks to @chiefrocka4real for suggestion marking,or was it @Jimi_Zuko ,either way saved my game boys

Man that match looked so good! Some buildup on the middle, a bit more tight. Great stuff. I really had the idea that proper tactics would force the CPU to play with another approach. Good one Rock!!

Man that match looked so good! Some buildup on the middle, a bit more tight. Great stuff. I really had the idea that proper tactics would force the CPU to play with another approach. Good one Rock!!
It does,and I haven't dived into @kilay great Serie A tactics yet,but you're right on marking,putting pressure on ball handlers,marking strikers etc
This game went from being good,with issues,to being great with less issues
Thanx pal

@rockstrongo @xicpanad so mates you gave me again great hopes about this new release. Do you think that after the last update something has changed? Thanks.
Don't think it has changed,but if you set your team up right,with making etc,it plays better than before
I thought they had sneaked in changes the other night because the game was great,but,no,I don't they've changed it.
But try marking,setting up your team right,look at the opponents before the game, dangerous strikers and wingers,mark them!

Ok first game of the season in my Pes 2018 Ml. .. I'm playing as Novara in Serie B Superstar manual. . .I think Guru was right Superstar feels better to play than Top player .. I forgot to put Italian commentary on and haven't got the team strips for serie b yet. . anyway here we go. .

Ok first game of the season in my Pes 2018 Ml. .. I'm playing as Novara in Serie B Superstar manual. . .I think Guru was right Superstar feels better to play than Top player .. I forgot to put Italian commentary on and haven't got the team strips for serie b yet. . anyway here we go. .

About time Dec!
Welcome!
Rough one

nice work strongo, I started an ML with Atheltico Madrid last night and this game is the tits! We had three lads on one couch! When are they going to allow us to play each others master leagues online!!!!
Thanx Gomito,it's a shame that you can't have ML online.
Athletico must be sweet to play as

Hey guys. Not much time/will to play these days (nothing to do with Pes itself!), but I just managed to do two matches of my Juventus League at Superstar. Don't know if the general consensus about the game is still as tormented as the last week :D, but I had a really good fun.

Fiorentina Juventus: I lost 1-0. Made some good difensively tactic enhancements inspired by Matt10 and even if I've lost, cpu felt better contained in the wings. It's also worth noting that I set Fiorentina as one of Juventus rivals (as in reality) and I had them making 5 fouls on me and a lot of hard tackles. Don't know if this was an exception tho, I hope not. For the rest, Dybala with the arrow down was pretty awful, to the opposite of my Supercup game where he dominated. All in all it was a good game, great pace.

Atalanta-Juventus: 1-1, under the beautiful rain of this game, pretty much dominated by me, they scored first and Higuain equalized for me in the second half. Had a lot of chances and some good heart threatening, dramatic last assaults to their box :D, that Berisha and their defense brilliantly countered.

I don't know what to say, despite the kinda op CPU (that nobody denies) the game is really, reaaally incredibly fun to me, not only I can't remember ever being so satisfied with another football game while having my team passing around and my players controlling the ball, but mostly I love all the small things like the physical duels or the randomness of where the ball gonna end, actually if I can give one small example having Matuidi realistically body-protecting the sphere under the rain only to pass it to the sides while falling down was a great, apparently insignificant moment that put a big smile on my face.

That's all. Hope to come back soon enough my friends :D .

Back
Top Bottom