The Master League adventures thread

I was on holiday last week with the family (only up in Northumberland) - ended up staying in a house with three living rooms and three TVs. Guess what I took with me... My Bolton save!

I got through Christmas with a couple of wins and a couple of defeats, and then proceeded into the January transfer window, having 8-9 offers for players who were never going to amount to anything looking at their growth charts, as well as players who were in their 30s and declining.

So I had a massive clearout (I waved goodbye to Emile Heskey with more enthusiasm than I waved goodbye to the mother-in-law as I left), and put together a dreamteam (with 70 team spirit at the moment) - or at least, the best team I could put together with the £6m-£8m I raised.

I've stuck with Ben Amos in goal, but brought in J.M. Casado (LB), Diogo Silvestre (LB/LM), Patrick Bauer (CB), Ryan Bennett (CB), a French LM who's called Young I think (he was a last-minute signing), Maya Yoshida (CM), a South American AM called Junior I think (again, last-minute), and Wellington Silva (best name ever, Brazilian RM). Up-front I've still got the target man I bought in the first transfer window, Gutiérrez, and feeding him is Clough (from the original team).

Oh, I also signed one of the youth strikers, "Wroughllen" (can't wait to be able to edit the player names in the new PES), after A) realising I'd sold too many forwards, and B) seeing his growth chart.

This takes the average OVR in each position from 66 to 71 with the odd 74 standout, and it's made a big difference, even with the low team spirit.

While they were settling in (through January), I got five draws in a row, after barely drawing a game beforehand. Two of those I had to equalise in stoppage time, both coming from corners that were headed away to the left-back, both ramming a long-range effort into the bottom corner. The last one of these draws was against MK Dons, who are rooted to the foot of the table and 10pts away from the team above them. I went 1-0 down and it took a complete change in strategy in the second half to begin to break through them and equalise with the last kick of the game.

I was really frustrated at this point, so decided to change things up a bit. Every team I drew against was playing 4-5-1, flooding the midfield, and when I changed to 3-5-2 or 4-5-1 to counter their midfield dominance, it just became a game of interceptions, no flow, no joy.

So when I played Birmingham (who were 5th in the table, we were 7th), who were playing 4-5-1 too... I thought, sod this, I'm fed up of trying to play on the counter, going a goal down and having to fight back for the rest of the match, let's concentrate on not letting them score and focus on enjoying a little bit more possession.

So I switched to a weird sort of 4-1-4-1 formation trying to utilise the skillset of every player. The fullbacks are pushed forward a little, there's a DM who marks the opposition's AM, there's two central midfielders in line with each-other on the halfway line who have different roles set (one is set to CM, the other AM), the wingers are slightly beyond them, and then you've got a lone target man. I switched the tactics from "counter-attack" to "possession". I also set one of the centre-backs, Bauer, to join the attack when it was safe.

So we kicked off, passed around for a bit, took it very slow. Before long, the CM (Junior) played a through-ball to the AM (Clough), who hit it first time. The keeper dived across to save it, the ball flew up off his hands awkwardly and looped towards the net. He turned around to bat it away, but missed, and it was 1-0. This was the first time I'd taken the lead for four games.

Half-time, 1-0 to me, 60% possession and zero shots for the opposition. I was feeling a lot better about the new setup.

In the second half, I got a corner after about ten minutes. Junior swung it in, Bauer powered onto the end of it, and smacked a header past the keeper. 2-0. Joy.

After that, I thought I should give the youth guy a chance to get some experience under his belt. I subbed off Gutiérrez (who hasn't scored for a while now after a brilliant start) for Wroughllen, the 20 year old Welsh striker from my youth team (it was his second appearance after a relatively quiet game the week before).

With ten minutes to go, a hard low pass reached Clough, who stung the keepers gloves with a shot. It came back to him, with three defenders forming a semi-circle between him and the goalkeeper, so he hit a sidefooted pass to Wroughllen, who was running into the box with gusto, and smashed it into the corner.

Now THAT goal, for once, I celebrated.

Which lead to this:

nRzkIiz.jpg

I had to leave it there, but I can't wait to get back on it tonight and try to cement ourselves into a playoff position.

(I played FIFA to give me some balance afterwards, as Liverpool vs West Brom over a two-legged league cup semi-final, and even with the likes of Reus, Coutinho, Firminho etc. in the team, I couldn't get near their goal due to their stupidly overpowered everything, and their super-passing meant I could barely even get the ball off them. There was no representation of the real teams whatsoever and that's pretty much buried FIFA 16 for me. It's a good job there's a new one out shortly...)

Last edited:
Also have casado as my left back....playing with south wales(cardiff)...some good players in their team....macheda as striker....got a championship all star team with a few brazilian league players

I was on holiday last week with the family (only up in Northumberland) - ended up staying in a house with three living rooms and three TVs. Guess what I took with me... My Bolton save!

I got through Christmas with a couple of wins and a couple of defeats, and then proceeded into the January transfer window, having 8-9 offers for players who were never going to amount to anything looking at their growth charts, as well as players who were in their 30s and declining.

So I had a massive clearout (I waved goodbye to Emile Heskey with more enthusiasm than I waved goodbye to the mother-in-law as I left), and put together a dreamteam (with 70 team spirit at the moment) - or at least, the best team I could put together with the £6m-£8m I raised.

I've stuck with Ben Amos in goal, but brought in J.M. Casado (LB), Diogo Silvestre (LB/LM), Patrick Bauer (CB), Ryan Bennett (CB), a French LM who's called Young I think (he was a last-minute signing), Maya Yoshida (CM), a South American AM called Junior I think (again, last-minute), and Wellington Silva (best name ever, Brazilian RM). Up-front I've still got the target man I bought in the first transfer window, Gutiérrez, and feeding him is Clough (from the original team).

Oh, I also signed one of the youth strikers, "Wroughllen" (can't wait to be able to edit the player names in the new PES), after A) realising I'd sold too many forwards, and B) seeing his growth chart.

This takes the average OVR in each position from 66 to 71 with the odd 74 standout, and it's made a big difference, even with the low team spirit.

While they were settling in (through January), I got five draws in a row, after barely drawing a game beforehand. Two of those I had to equalise in stoppage time, both coming from corners that were headed away to the left-back, both ramming a long-range effort into the bottom corner. The last one of these draws was against MK Dons, who are rooted to the foot of the table and 10pts away from the team above them. I went 1-0 down and it took a complete change in strategy in the second half to begin to break through them and equalise with the last kick of the game.

I was really frustrated at this point, so decided to change things up a bit. Every team I drew against was playing 4-5-1, flooding the midfield, and when I changed to 3-5-2 or 4-5-1 to counter their midfield dominance, it just became a game of interceptions, no flow, no joy.

So when I played Birmingham (who were 5th in the table, we were 7th), who were playing 4-5-1 too... I thought, sod this, I'm fed up of trying to play on the counter, going a goal down and having to fight back for the rest of the match, let's concentrate on not letting them score and focus on enjoying a little bit more possession.

So I switched to a weird sort of 4-1-4-1 formation trying to utilise the skillset of every player. The fullbacks are pushed forward a little, there's a DM who marks the opposition's AM, there's two central midfielders in line with each-other on the halfway line who have different roles set (one is set to CM, the other AM), the wingers are slightly beyond them, and then you've got a lone target man. I switched the tactics from "counter-attack" to "possession". I also set one of the centre-backs, Bauer, to join the attack when it was safe.

So we kicked off, passed around for a bit, took it very slow. Before long, the CM (Junior) played a through-ball to the AM (Clough), who hit it first time. The keeper dived across to save it, the ball flew up off his hands awkwardly and looped towards the net. He turned around to bat it away, but missed, and it was 1-0. This was the first time I'd taken the lead for four games.

Half-time, 1-0 to me, 60% possession and zero shots for the opposition. I was feeling a lot better about the new setup.

In the second half, I got a corner after about ten minutes. Junior swung it in, Bauer powered onto the end of it, and smacked a header past the keeper. 2-0. Joy.

After that, I thought I should give the youth guy a chance to get some experience under his belt. I subbed off Gutiérrez (who hasn't scored for a while now after a brilliant start) for Wroughllen, the 20 year old Welsh striker from my youth team (it was his second appearance after a relatively quiet game the week before).

With ten minutes to go, a hard low pass reached Clough, who stung the keepers gloves with a shot. It came back to him, with three defenders forming a semi-circle between him and the goalkeeper, so he hit a sidefooted pass to Wroughllen, who was running into the box with gusto, and smashed it into the corner.

Now THAT goal, for once, I celebrated.

Which lead to this:

nRzkIiz.jpg

I had to leave it there, but I can't wait to get back on it tonight and try to cement ourselves into a playoff position.

(I played FIFA to give me some balance afterwards, as Liverpool vs West Brom over a two-legged league cup semi-final, and even with the likes of Reus, Coutinho, Firminho etc. in the team, I couldn't get near their goal due to their stupidly overpowered everything, and their super-passing meant I could barely even get the ball off them. There was no representation of the real teams whatsoever and that's pretty much buried FIFA 16 for me. It's a good job there's a new one out shortly...)
Firing up my Milan campaign tonite,played FIFA Friday- Sunday,cause needed get my scripted PES a rest.
Man that's a very strange game,latest,slider set on legendary.
But back in the saddle later on with PES 16
And btw Wroughllen is a legend on PES think he's been on since at least PES 11, he was amazing for me on PES 13

Last edited:
Haven't played my ML in about 4 days,my 3-4 uber scripted really took the wind out of me.
Anyway,Sampdoria at home,mid table,should be comfy.
They started by playing a through ball between my CBs,one of them being my LMF Chamberlain,and 1-0 down.
Don't know why he was doing there,didn't controll him at all.
Fuck it
A few minutes later Insigne had a volley bar down from at least 30 m.
Probably goal of the season,follow it up with 2-1 a well placed shot,far corner.
Sampdoria were kinda beat by then.
2nd half,kept pressure,and curled a ball from the edge of the box,left side,did hit a Sampdoria player and in,GK tried to reach it,and fumbled it in.
Then suddenly in the 70th minute,Sampdoria lofted a ball in to my box,my CB Sakho,the €30 million man went to clear it,decided to stop,and go the other way,3-2.
Shittiest goal ever,and not very fun to concede,and shouldn't be conceded either.
Guess Konami decided to keep the scoreline a bit Arcady this time.
Game ended 3-2 me.

Couldn't really care,since both the goals I conceded was a script fuck,why do they have to keep games close by doing that?
Irritates the fun out of the game.
The MF and def I have,should never let goals in like that,horrible,and of late that's been my case.
Starting to piss me of,having 1,2 goals conceded isn't realistic with this team.
And it's not my poor gaming causing it either.
PES 17 better be a fuck load sharper or my cash goes elsewhere.

31 games in to the campaign,hopefully I'll find the joy back in the game
If any Konami employees read this,SHAPE THE FUCK UP!!

LOL rock, usually when I take a 4-5 days off pes the game become fun again maybe you should jump to pes 2017 already, the xbox demo is out they say. Watched the live stream link shared by dudu and it looks great. I'm on PC and another year without a demo, totally sucks.

Rock, I've just mentioned it in the PES v FIFA thread, but I'm feeling as angry as you after my last two games. I felt SO GOOD after the 3-0 win against Birmingham and like I was finally getting somewhere... Then I lose the next two games 3-0 (to Brighton and Charlton, both bottom-half teams), even when I'm playing 100% defensively, because the AI puts together these first-time passing moves (stringing them all together and giving you no time to position your players), and scores three free-kicks in a row (when am I ever going to have that opportunity given the lack of CPU fouls).

Then Jim Beglin says "...Brighton...are an incredible team to watch, their tiki-taka football can be matched by none". Spot on Jim, and that's ridiculous, isn't it? Considering they're A) in the Championship, and B) in the bottom half of the Championship...

Something else - I was trying to make a pass in midfield, their player comes in, makes a decent standing-tackle, and my player (responding to the barge) "stumbles" so far back towards his own goal that it's less like I've been barged, and more like a couple of nightclub bouncers have picked me up and started walking me out of the stadium. The animation keeps you moving in the wrong direction, and you can't move him back towards the ball until you're about 6ft from the ball, by which point it's obviously the CPU's ball. You can't attempt to regain possession.

That only happens to me when my "team spirit" is lower than the opposition's. Just don't put that shit in the game and I'm a happy man, come on. All this talk about "improved physicality" in PES 2017 is wonderful, but I don't get issues like this until my "team spirit" is at a disadvantage, so I'm worried it'll still happen.

Speaking of which, I'm hoping the 2017 demo is out tonight so I can save myself the aggro and just leave PES 2016 (and the other one) in the past, and begin to move on...

Last edited:
FFs lads you're like a bunch of little girls . . .we all know Pes is scripted . . .I've had intense battles to get out of Serie B and I had automatic promotion in my grasp and then I got a visit from Mr. Scripto . . .unbelievable stuff, I couldn't believe my eyes . .in one match which would have secured my place for promotion I had 26 shots on goal to their 2 and it ended 1-1 and fucked me up . . their keeper saved eveything, didn't matter how close I was to goal he saved absolutely everything and if there was 2 or 3 parries from him back out .. he saved those as well with his legs, head you name it . .I've gone through the whole shebang of scripting in the last 6 matches but I kept trying and now I'm in a quarter-final playoff of one match with Cesena and if I get through that its a two legged semi-final and a two legged final but I could go out in the first match and end up in my sixth season in Serie B. . they should name a stand after me at this rate.

But I'll continue to play it because the good parts outweigh the scripting. .it will be in Pes 2017 as well so get used to it.

I don't think that's fair Deco, I don't mind getting beat when the AI plays well - I drew five in a row (some to last-minute equalisers, some thanks to my own) but didn't feel like I was being cheated, and the games I lost before then I felt were fair play, too. But when the bullshit kicks in, I don't think it's "being a little girl" to debate it.

If the AI is as good as they say it is now, especially with the "adaptive AI", the cheats can go, surely. They've been in the game for, what, all 20+ years of ISS/PES? If Konami (unlike EA) work on the AI as a priority, they can make the first football game that doesn't have to resort to cheats and shortcuts to win when the stats (or the "team spirit") says they should. That's the dream - given how advanced processors are now, surely it can be done, or at least, it can be much-improved.

Can't wait to give 2017 a go.

LOL rock, usually when I take a 4-5 days off pes the game become fun again maybe you should jump to pes 2017 already, the xbox demo is out they say. Watched the live stream link shared by dudu and it looks great. I'm on PC and another year without a demo, totally sucks.
Yeah,cheers Elja,think I'll do that.
I have PSG next game,had the worst experience on PES the first meeting.
So guess I'll either sim it or give the game a rest.
Feel for you regarding no demo,disrespectful in my opinion

FFs lads you're like a bunch of little girls . . .we all know Pes is scripted . . .I've had intense battles to get out of Serie B and I had automatic promotion in my grasp and then I got a visit from Mr. Scripto . . .unbelievable stuff, I couldn't believe my eyes . .in one match which would have secured my place for promotion I had 26 shots on goal to their 2 and it ended 1-1 and fucked me up . . their keeper saved eveything, didn't matter how close I was to goal he saved absolutely everything and if there was 2 or 3 parries from him back out .. he saved those as well with his legs, head you name it . .I've gone through the whole shebang of scripting in the last 6 matches but I kept trying and now I'm in a quarter-final playoff of one match with Cesena and if I get through that its a two legged semi-final and a two legged final but I could go out in the first match and end up in my sixth season in Serie B. . they should name a stand after me at this rate.

But I'll continue to play it because the good parts outweigh the scripting. .it will be in Pes 2017 as well so get used to it.
Great mate,hope you get out of the Serie b,about time for you,serving the club in the trenches a long time.
Hopefully I'll get this campaign done soon

Rock, I've just mentioned it in the PES v FIFA thread, but I'm feeling as angry as you after my last two games. I felt SO GOOD after the 3-0 win against Birmingham and like I was finally getting somewhere... Then I lose the next two games 3-0 (to Brighton and Charlton, both bottom-half teams), even when I'm playing 100% defensively, because the AI puts together these first-time passing moves (stringing them all together and giving you no time to position your players), and scores three free-kicks in a row (when am I ever going to have that opportunity given the lack of CPU fouls).

Then Jim Beglin says "...Brighton...are an incredible team to watch, their tiki-taka football can be matched by none". Spot on Jim, and that's ridiculous, isn't it? Considering they're A) in the Championship, and B) in the bottom half of the Championship...

Something else - I was trying to make a pass in midfield, their player comes in, makes a decent standing-tackle, and my player (responding to the barge) "stumbles" so far back towards his own goal that it's less like I've been barged, and more like a couple of nightclub bouncers have picked me up and started walking me out of the stadium. The animation keeps you moving in the wrong direction, and you can't move him back towards the ball until you're about 6ft from the ball, by which point it's obviously the CPU's ball. You can't attempt to regain possession

That only happens to me when my "team spirit" is lower than the opposition's. Just don't put that shit in the game and I'm a happy man, come on. All this talk about "improved physicality" in PES 2017 is wonderful, but I don't get issues like this until my "team spirit" is at a disadvantage, so I'm worried it'll still happen.

Speaking of which, I'm hoping the 2017 demo is out tonight so I can save myself the aggro and just leave PES 2016 (and the other one) in the past, and begin to move on...
True,I see obvious flaws that didn't irritate me before,but do now,could live with scripting before,now it's tougher,and also,having players hacked down without freekicks are rough to.
Playing the other game irritates me as hell with the constant sideways build up.
So instead of having two good games,I feel that I have two shitty games

I don't think that's fair Deco, I don't mind getting beat when the AI plays well - I drew five in a row (some to last-minute equalisers, some thanks to my own) but didn't feel like I was being cheated, and the games I lost before then I felt were fair play, too. But when the bullshit kicks in, I don't think it's "being a little girl" to debate it.

If the AI is as good as they say it is now, especially with the "adaptive AI", the cheats can go, surely. They've been in the game for, what, all 20+ years of ISS/PES? If Konami (unlike EA) work on the AI as a priority, they can make the first football game that doesn't have to resort to cheats and shortcuts to win when the stats (or the "team spirit") says they should. That's the dream - given how advanced processors are now, surely it can be done, or at least, it can be much-improved.

Can't wait to give 2017 a go.

Chris you do realise that scripting goes your way as well .. .y'know the loose ball that comes to you or the defenders that are a bit slow getting to the ball to stop you. . .scripting! Next time you think it's a fair game cos you won. .look back at how you won it. Sometime's it can be subtle and sometimes it's blatant and looks and feels terrible. Think of it as a compliment from the A.i . .if they can't beat you fair and square they resort to cheating. Scriptings in Fifa as well btw . . .it's always been in Pes and always will be in it. I actually came across a few matches where the scripting came in a huge wave and I somehow stopped it and it abated and went back to normal. If I got upset about scripting I wouldn't pick up the controller and play.

Btw I think 'adaptive A.i' is code for more cheating.

Wow played that quarter final playoff match against Cesena and lost 2-0 . . if there's a level after Superstar then this is it. . fuckin hell. . I wasn't allowed even tackle them. . I beat this team regualrly but they kept stringing 10-15 passes together each time . .my star players were all on purple arrows .. nightmare of a game couldn't pass without them intercepting . .I wasn't allowed near their box . .it was so bad that their fans were cheering every time they passed it to each other especially when they hit the 20 mark. Another year in Serie B . . I think it's usually the sixth year that you go up with the default players. Now that's what you call scripting.

Bummer Dec,really feel for you.
Don't know if I can go back to 16 now that I played 17.
Holy shit what a difference.
See if i can put it aside to finish my career on 16

Bummer Dec,really feel for you.
Don't know if I can go back to 16 now that I played 17.
Holy shit what a difference.
See if i can put it aside to finish my career on 16

I was reading your views on it Rock and it sounds fuckin great. . . I know you'd be straight and honest and say if it was shite . .I'll download it myself tomorrow ...you couldn't go back to Pes 2016 after that . That was the first time I ever experienced a playoff . .the difficulty goes up a notch and won't let you play .. felt impossible to play against. Ah someday I'll climb out of the cesspit that is Serie B and I'll slam the shore lid down when I do.

I was reading your views on it Rock and it sounds fuckin great. . . I know you'd be straight and honest and say if it was shite . .I'll download it myself tomorrow ...you couldn't go back to Pes 2016 after that . That was the first time I ever experienced a playoff . .the difficulty goes up a notch and won't let you play .. felt impossible to play against. Ah someday I'll climb out of the cesspit that is Serie B and I'll slam the shore lid down when I do.
You'll be a fucking legend when you'll get promoted,statues,stadiums,and free drinks at the boozer.
Yes,I like it,very much,it's the best by miles since,don't know PES 5
-1 is so good,and the defending..omg baby,spotless.
Might even play, if it stays like this,20 min games on release.
Just had a 0-0 game,quite dull,with a few chances.
I'll upload it later.
Really think you'll like this game,manual passing is great,for the first time,since god knows when

Buena sera gents!
Since playing the 17 the demo,find it hard going back to 16.
Still be posting in here though,keep you motherfuckers on your toes.
Question for the future.
Any team in particular for you lot?
I'm staying in Italy for sure,and vain as I am,might go to the eternal city for my ML campaign.
If the game has some stunning stadiums I might go for a bottom team in Serie A,or a Serie b team.

Had a great time with Lazio on PES 6, and since they have Olimpico licensed, and to die for kits,might be my choice.
Can't go Roma,like them to much,and find Lazio being a bit more challenge.
So post thought etc about your choices.
See ya around lads

I haven't even tried PES 2017 and PES 2016 is already dying for me, I just reached the point that I'm bored with the game.

Been playing lot's of exhibition games on PES 6. Probably will get a master league going, still 3 weeks from PES 2017 release which I'm planning to do a proper road to glory ML with a championship side again.

Buena sera gents!
Question for the future.
I'm staying in Italy for sure,and vain as I am,might go to the eternal city for my ML campaign.
If the game has some stunning stadiums I might go for a bottom team in Serie A,or a Serie b team.

Had a great time with Lazio on PES 6, and since they have Olimpico licensed, and to die for kits,might be my choice.
See ya around lads

I usually stay in Italy or the Spanish leagues . .the only thing that puts me off in the Spain is constantly playing Barca and Madrid . . ..awful pity that they lost the licences. . I'll still continue with Ml 2016 another 3 weeks to go to the launch of Pes 2017 . . . .gonna make a note of some of the players that I've signed already. I'd say the default team is gonna be a really long haul withe new game being so difficult.

I haven't even tried PES 2017 and PES 2016 is already dying for me, I just reached the point that I'm bored with the game.

Been playing lot's of exhibition games on PES 6. Probably will get a master league going, still 3 weeks from PES 2017 release which I'm planning to do a proper road to glory ML with a championship side again.

Put up some match reports of your Pes 6 Ml Elja . .and don't leave gaps of two weeks next time lol.

Buena sera gents!
Question for the future.

See ya around lads
I can't wait to get stuck into 2017 after playing the demo.

I've always been the most local team I can find in the lowest English league in the game (applies to every football game I play), because I know a lot of the players and can imagine the type of player I'm getting, whereas if I started abroad, I'd have no idea if it was realistic for my striker to be scoring 2 goals a week or not.

I'm tempted to start somewhere else this year, though - mainly, if I'm honest, because it'd be nice to play in a licensed league with a larger selection of stadia...

I can't wait to get stuck into 2017 after playing the demo.

I've always been the most local team I can find in the lowest English league in the game (applies to every football game I play), because I know a lot of the players and can imagine the type of player I'm getting, whereas if I started abroad, I'd have no idea if it was realistic for my striker to be scoring 2 goals a week or not.

I'm tempted to start somewhere else this year, though - mainly, if I'm honest, because it'd be nice to play in a licensed league with a larger selection of stadia...
Such an Anglophile......
You being from Merseyside,and Liverpool with Anfield?
Or are you Tranmere mate:)
Now what you mean,even edited the Swedish league on PES 13 I think

Yeah get your PES 6 up mate
Love to read it

Seeing that Argentina is licensed,might go with that Leauge,playing as Boca,think that's the team I've used the most in the demo.
Just ordered 17 tday,like to have on disc

Back
Top Bottom