The Master League adventures thread

What camera you using rock? I'm using 2-3-10 at the moment.

Even losing in this game feels great, really enjoying it right now.
It is isn't.
Good question buddy,the first camera was the one that you can set an angle to,reminds you of the broadcast,I'm hopeless with that one,looks good,but bad overview,and passing gets strange
Now I'm using a wide camera,I'll get back to you on the settings.

Not going to touch Master League until mods are out (PC), but enjoying your write ups, Rock! I started an AFC Champions League with Guangzhao Evergrande, it's great how much better Paulinho and Martinez feel than everyone else.
Would have done the same mate,but I'm on xb1, no option files there:)
So edited team tactics and Juve-Sassuolo since I'm playing Serie A.
Would love to have badges at least,but I'm ok with it.
At least I'm playing:)
Guangzhao,Chinese team right?
I should broaden myself and go beyond Europe

It is isn't.
Good question buddy,the first camera was the one that you can set an angle to,reminds you of the broadcast,I'm hopeless with that one,looks good,but bad overview,and passing gets strange
Now I'm using a wide camera,I'll get back to you on the settings.

I'm using pitchside 2-6-0. . .feels right.

Last edited:
Might fire up 16 and see what kind of camera I used there.
Or practice a bit more,trying out a few angles.
Feel like a fucking rookie on this game.
But having a blast playing it.
Started my ML from scratch again,since I fucked up some editing

Did a restart,and I'm pretty much were I was before.
W-W-D-D-D
I'm struggling on manual here,never had a problem with it before,but I'm really having a tough time.
Could be the fact that most of my problems are down to difficulty level.
Remember that on 16 my players were "dumbed down" to the CPU level,and once I went SS,I really could play with fast and skill full players.
Think I crank it up to SS for my next game.
Still loving it,one minute I call the tv a c**t the next kissing it.

It's so true Elja,man it's rough to master,and like you said before,def awareness and intercepting passes from the CPU is brilliant.
One minute I hate it,because I cant master it,the next loving it to bits.
Really don't think the CPU needs scripting to beat you here,the play so good and smart by default.
Just played vs Genoa on SS,boy was that tough,managed to sneak in a 1-0 win.
Spent the last 20 min hoofing it away.
Also,their pass %,68 to my 61,interesting,it's usually around 75-84.
Next up is Juve,oh the joy...

It's so true Elja,man it's rough to master,and like you said before,def awareness and intercepting passes from the CPU is brilliant.
One minute I hate it,because I cant master it,the next loving it to bits.
Really don't think the CPU needs scripting to beat you here,the play so good and smart by default.
Just played vs Genoa on SS,boy was that tough,managed to sneak in a 1-0 win.
Spent the last 20 min hoofing it away.
Also,their pass %,68 to my 61,interesting,it's usually around 75-84.
Next up is Juve,oh the joy...

It's a hard old game lads . .I'm not starting a Master league until the uption files are sorted although I played a few matches in Serie A and La Liga and god they were tough . .it's so hard to score even on Top player .. .I'm playing as Swansea in League mode and should have beaten Everton away in my first match but as you said Rock sometimes I hate it and then something positive happens and I love it. . ..you have to really think fast and be clinical in your finishing. ..I'll be joining the ML soon.

It's a hard old game lads . .I'm not starting a Master league until the uption files are sorted although I played a few matches in Serie A and La Liga and god they were tough . .it's so hard to score even on Top player .. .I'm playing as Swansea in League mode and should have beaten Everton away in my first match but as you said Rock sometimes I hate it and then something positive happens and I love it. . ..you have to really think fast and be clinical in your finishing. ..I'll be joining the ML soon.
Yes sir,it's a tough game,you have to be clinical,don't get that many chances a game.
That old trick,running diagonally inside the box and shoot? forget it.
The physics of the ball is so good in ML,you really have to handle it properly.
Don't get that many chances to shoot,they close you down quick bruv.
Waiting for you mate.
Decided on a team yet?

Cant wait, cannot absolutely bloody wait to get my ML started. Im literally frothing at the thought :D
It's so good mate,just being able to play proper defence,and CPU are so good in defence.
The difference between exh and ML is huge.
Hope to see you in soon

Yes sir,it's a tough game,you have to be clinical,don't get that many chances a game.
Waiting for you mate.
Decided on a team yet?

Not yet I'm enjoying the league mode as Swansea great fun.

So I'm 5 league games into my ML with Milan,plus one EL game.
So far it's been hard as nails,the smaller teams play rough and dirty,tons of freekicks,and the good sides play ever so cleverly.
When they need to protect a lead,they just shut down spaces for you,it's so tough to get through them,you have to plan a few moves ahead all the time.

2 W 2D 2L 8-6 in GD and I'm in 6th place.
Very low scoring affairs,it's so hard to create chances,but oh so fun when you suddenly see a opportunity.
You need to be clinical,score on your chances,they don't come along often
I'm using manual 15 min -1 game speed.
The thing I love the most is the sheer toughness of it all,psychical game,you have to be alert,and the defending is so seamless,it's a joy defending,shooting,the heavy touch,great stuff.

Just played Juve away,lost 1-0,a game that was very tight,they had better chances,think I had two good ones,one being a clearance on the goal line.
They play so smart,and mixes it up on off,when they went 1-0 up,they just controlled the game.
No space,kept me on the outside,had a hard time finding passing lanes.
If your familiar with each the tern "cattenacci" they played a fantastic defensive game,and razor sharp on their counters.
im just blown away by this game,blown away.
Looking fw to you guys starting yours aswell.
Any ideas which teams you'll be playing?

Next game,the famous Blookrows in the Europa League

Two more games.
EL vs Blookrows, a 70 ovr team,and that was one of the worst games I've ever played.
Experienced a similar game in my first EL,overpowerd and on steroids.
Like taking your mates out and playing vs Jurgen Klopps BVB in their heyday.
I couldn't get out of my own half,they pressed me senseless.
Guess the Europa League is a no go zone this year,fucking horrible,not scripted,but just overpowered
And on top player,tried it on proffesional aswell,same shit.

Second game Torino,and the game was back again,tough hard but felt alright
I went for pass A 1 for that game.
Both games ended 0-0 and I'm truly pissed off

After crashing out after work all week, I finally managed to sit down, install an OF and boot up a Master League. I chose Atletico before release, and I'm 5 games in so far.

Before the Season could start, I was busy in the transfer window, bringing in Dimitri Payet, Ola Aina and a LB called Alvacete.

First game of the season saw us host CA Osasuna where we emerged 1-0 winners, we dominated the game but only Tiago managed to get on the scoresheet, converting a Griezemann rebound. Next up, we had a CL Playoff against one of the fake teams, same story as the Osasuna game, we won 1-0 but it could've easily been more, once again Tiago grabbing the winner. We defeated Leganes 2-1, Griezemann and Gameiro scoring, the AI scoring one of them PES 2016 goals (only time I've seen it so far tbf.) We drew 1-1 with the fake team in the second leg of the playoff before the most recent game, a comfortable 3-0 win over Alavez. Griezemann scored the first, Payet doubled the lead with a peach of a free kick from the corner of the box (first FK I've scored on PES 17) and Carassco made it 3.

So we sit in third place after three but fuck me this is fun. Let's see if we can bring anyone in with £16,000,000 on deadline day!

Managed to play about 6-7 games more.
Good games,went down to TP and manual,still tough as hell.
Worst part,didn't save...
So now I'm back playing that Torino game again..
I'm pretty fucking disappointed in my self.
Think I'll go back and do some more editing,some teams play end to end,kinda boring
So we'll see.
After being knee deep into my season,must have played around 13-14 Serie A games,you start to see little things that annoy you.
Nothing big.
Hard to protect the ball,CPU is very sharp in passing,nothing big.
But the main issue is presentation and details,same as last year.
Wish they could present the games better,say what you want about FIFA,but they have that part down

Waiting for you mate.
Decided on a team yet?

In frustration, I tried to do that last night lol

In frustration, I tried to do that last night lol
Ha ha,didn't work:)
It's a tough game,tried playing on PA 1, but that ruins it,so back to manual it is,might try playing some games on Profesional,sometimes on TP/SS CPU press you so hard that you hardly have time to look at the radar.
Still loving it,but have played way to much today,ended up being angry.
It's a new day tomorrow
Have fun Elja

Ha ha,didn't work:)
It's a tough game,tried playing on PA 1, but that ruins it,so back to manual it is,might try playing some games on Profesional,sometimes on TP/SS CPU press you so hard that you hardly have time to look at the radar.
Still loving it,but have played way to much today,ended up being angry.
It's a new day tomorrow
Have fun Elja

May I ask you something? 'Manual' is like 'PA0', right? Or is it pressing the 'manual' button on the controller? Thanks!

May I ask you something? 'Manual' is like 'PA0', right? Or is it pressing the 'manual' button on the controller? Thanks!
PAO is what i use,not the L2 or whatever is used.
It's hard enough,cause CPU gives you zero time on the ball in ML.
I've always played PAO,find it tough on 17
You're welcome

Hi guys,

I just installed all the kits from pesgaming and decided to start a ML with Aston Villa to try to get them back in the EPL.

It has taken me ages to set up training, tactics, scouting, selling, but went to start the first game against Ipswich and it crashed!! What a pain as I didn't record it. Any ideas why that would happen?

Read somewhere that playing Exhibition games with live updates on,screws up option files,did mess up my in game editing a bit

Thanks rockstrongo, just played 2 games in ML and it was ok. The only thing different that I did was leave weather setting at 'Normal', when it crashed it was on 'Random'. Maybe just a coincidence.

Anyway first season in ML and I am manager of Aston Villa. I picked them because I wanted a challenge. Team Spirit is 59. They only have 3 CB's and 1 DM so I sent my scout out to look and find but so far all over my budget.

Playing on Professional (will move up soon though) and full manual.

First match at home to Ipswich and for some reason I was really nervous. I think it is Jon Champion's voice it just reminds me of old cup games that Spurs have been in. Being honest for the neutral the match was boring but that's what I've missed since PES5 boring slogs of a match that suddenly burst to life. I was going to record highlights but there was hardly any. It finished 0-0.

Actually the highlight was Grealish getting tackled and going down injured as play went on. He got up and got the ball back and then got brought down again it was quite funny but at the end of the match we found out that he is out till October. :(

We sold J. Lyden a CM to Hamburger for around £380,000.

Second match at home to Barnsley and it was foggy. Excellent match. They went 1-0 up after 12 mins, a good ball into the box and Winnall controlled and hooked the ball into the top (yes top) corner.

But 7 mins later this...

I love the through ball to McCormack and he kept his composure to pass low into the box for Bacuna to score via a deflection. I literally jumped because of the wonderful through ball I played when I saw McCormack make his run.

Then just before half time, we got a free kick about 30 yards out, Gardner (I think) played a ball low to Bacuna on the edge of the box and he was brought down and we got a penalty. I was surprised because Jon was saying "just on the edge of the box".

Jedinak steps up and I cannot remember how to take a penalty I forgot the controls :P straight into the keepers arms. Half time 1-1.

Then in the 54th minute Gardner did this...

What a stunner, yes I know it is only Professional but it's manual all the way and it felt so good. I love the way the keeper got a hand to it but couldn't keep it out.

Both teams had chances but we won 2-1.

People are complaining about catch up bug, well Agbonlahor used his pace a few times to get away from people. People say the CPU attacks the same, nope I see a variety of attacks even on Professional. People complain about the pitch visuals, I think they are great. In the two games I've played it really really felt like an English football match. I have not felt like that for ages.

Here are the brief highlights of Aston Villa 2 Barnsley 1 look out for the through ball by the CPU at the 1:15 mark...

Also, I just noticed how Winnall flicks the ball up before he shoots that is fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom