The Master League adventures thread

Aah brilliant stuff,Geeeeee,love this game.
Think I overplayed it yesterday,probably had 10 games,did my head in.
Will be playing later on,going for a similar camera angle that you have,played on it both on TP-SS, couldn't handle it.
So I'm going professional just like you,rather enjoy it,and it looking good,than fight for my life on SS,this game is so hard.
Ps also had a penalty,clueless,shot it 4 meters wide:)
Great stuff G

Last edited:
It's good that it's hard. I remember when PES5 first came out and it was really hard but over time (years) it got easier. It's good that you come down a level because you still need to enjoy the game. If if starts getting easy then crank it up again.

My camera settings are wide with zoom 0 and height 20, or something like that.

It's good that it's hard. I remember when PES5 first came out and it was really hard but over time (years) it got easier. It's good that you come down a level because you still need to enjoy the game. If if starts getting easy then crank it up again.

My camera settings are wide with zoom 0 and height 20, or something like that.
Glad you're finally enjoying a new PES game Gee :P

Quick update to my Atletico save, played a handful of games today, and it seems like I've lost all the flair I had yesterday :P The game is exactly the same, I just feel really tired and slow to react to everything today (In real life, it's not the game) so as a result, we struggled a bit. Firstly on Deadline Day, we signed Lacazette from Lyon for just under £19,000,000, showing transfer fee's still need a bit of work, meanwhile I took the bold decision to sell Diego Godin who will be playing at Spurs next season for a fee of £35,000,000.

I can't remember all of my results, I beat Zagreb in the Champions League, before drawing 1-1 with both PSV and CSKA Moscow, after 7 games we sit 2nd in the League, winning all but my last game, a 1-1 draw with Gijon. In my defence, we haven't had any real tough games, and to quote Bryan Alvarez, mostly 'Geeks.' Our next game is against Real Sociedad, the toughest side we will have faced so far so it will be interesting to see.

Payet has two goals and two assists to his name so far, that beautiful FK and a rebound goal, while Lacazette grabbed three in his first three games, but has struggled a fair bit recently. Gameiro is my top scorer with six, while Antoine Greizmann is stuck on the bench, he just can't get into the team currently. Ola Aina has played nearly every game as he has the glowing star, and has grew 4 overall points.

Has anyone had the 'My Favourite Players' bit yet? I thought it was weird.

Thanks rockstrongo, just played 2 games in ML and it was ok. The only thing different that I did was leave weather setting at 'Normal', when it crashed it was on 'Random'. Maybe just a coincidence.

Anyway first season in ML and I am manager of Aston Villa. I picked them because I wanted a challenge. Team Spirit is 59. They only have 3 CB's and 1 DM so I sent my scout out to look and find but so far all over my budget.

Playing on Professional (will move up soon though) and full manual.

First match at home to Ipswich and for some reason I was really nervous. I think it is Jon Champion's voice it just reminds me of old cup games that Spurs have been in. Being honest for the neutral the match was boring but that's what I've missed since PES5 boring slogs of a match that suddenly burst to life. I was going to record highlights but there was hardly any. It finished 0-0.

Actually the highlight was Grealish getting tackled and going down injured as play went on. He got up and got the ball back and then got brought down again it was quite funny but at the end of the match we found out that he is out till October. :(

We sold J. Lyden a CM to Hamburger for around £380,000.

Second match at home to Barnsley and it was foggy. Excellent match. They went 1-0 up after 12 mins, a good ball into the box and Winnall controlled and hooked the ball into the top (yes top) corner.

But 7 mins later this...

I love the through ball to McCormack and he kept his composure to pass low into the box for Bacuna to score via a deflection. I literally jumped because of the wonderful through ball I played when I saw McCormack make his run.

Then just before half time, we got a free kick about 30 yards out, Gardner (I think) played a ball low to Bacuna on the edge of the box and he was brought down and we got a penalty. I was surprised because Jon was saying "just on the edge of the box".

Jedinak steps up and I cannot remember how to take a penalty I forgot the controls :P straight into the keepers arms. Half time 1-1.

Then in the 54th minute Gardner did this...

What a stunner, yes I know it is only Professional but it's manual all the way and it felt so good. I love the way the keeper got a hand to it but couldn't keep it out.

Both teams had chances but we won 2-1.

People are complaining about catch up bug, well Agbonlahor used his pace a few times to get away from people. People say the CPU attacks the same, nope I see a variety of attacks even on Professional. People complain about the pitch visuals, I think they are great. In the two games I've played it really really felt like an English football match. I have not felt like that for ages.

Here are the brief highlights of Aston Villa 2 Barnsley 1 look out for the through ball by the CPU at the 1:15 mark...

Also, I just noticed how Winnall flicks the ball up before he shoots that is fantastic!

Great stuff geeee.

Aah brilliant stuff,Geeeeee,love this game.
Think I overplayed it yesterday,probably had 10 games,did my head in.
Will be playing later on,going for a similar camera angle that you have,played on it both on TP-SS, couldn't handle it.
So I'm going professional just like you,rather enjoy it,and it looking good,than fight for my life on SS,this game is so hard.
Ps also had a penalty,clueless,shot it 4 meters wide:)
Great stuff G

I'll be joining the party soon Rock. . . .keep the faith and start thrashing those sides .

Hm, I really want to document my Master League adventures this year. Maybe put out compilations that consist of handful of matches.

Im struggling as hell.
Went up to 0 game speed,and the game was tough as hell,think I'll need to go down to -1 again.
Anyway,lost to Torino 1-0
Game after was Coppa Italia vs Avellino,2-0 at home and 0-1 away.
But like I said struggling,on fucking Proffesional.
Of course it's gonna last you if you struggle,but,fuck me,not enjoying this at the moment.
Been back and forth on camera settings,can't make up my mind,probably where it's at.
need to find a good angle

Top Player, planning on moving up to SS soon, but I struggled a fair bit today so Idk.

There should be a popup 5/6 games into the season.
Worst part is,don't really see that much difference in difficulty,went from SS to TP cause it felt very tough,and the difference between TP- proffesional is hardly noticeable.
Weird fucking game.
Good,but tough

I like 0 speed, probably because I play on PC which has a slight input lag and not as smooth as the consoles. Good to see you guys having a crack in ML this year. I'll probably play on professional difficulty as well. Still waiting for a proper patch on PC.

I'll be joining the party soon Rock. . . .keep the faith and start thrashing those sides .

Don't worry about the fancy kits and stuff just come and join the ML gang.

Seriously guys it is good that the game is tough. It will click soon. I keep saying it but just like PES5 was I remember finding it really difficult to break down defences and getting frustrated as hell about the amount of free kicks but once it clicks, once you get that goal, the wow factor. It's like the goal I scored earlier with Bacuna. I had been trying all match to open them up and then suddenly a wonderful through ball and cross and the goal came. It felt great.

Even defending feels great, it is possible to get that last ditch tackle in or deflection and it can feel as good as a goal

I'm using an option file from pesgaming but now it seems pesuniverse have sorted their website out and are releasing their one. Hmm... Don't know what to do now as I paid for the pesuniverse one but will mean starting all over again. Only 2 games played though :P

Seriously guys it is good that the game is tough. It will click soon. I keep saying it but just like PES5 was I remember finding it really difficult to break down defences and getting frustrated as hell about the amount of free kicks but once it clicks, once you get that goal, the wow factor. It's like the goal I scored earlier with Bacuna. I had been trying all match to open them up and then suddenly a wonderful through ball and cross and the goal came. It felt great.

Even defending feels great, it is possible to get that last ditch tackle in or deflection and it can feel as good as a goal

I'm using an option file from pesgaming but now it seems pesuniverse have sorted their website out and are releasing their one. Hmm... Don't know what to do now as I paid for the pesuniverse one but will mean starting all over again. Only 2 games played though :P

Geeee I just need two more leagues kits . . .I can't play Serie B with the wrong kits . .I'm playing a Championship with Leeds at the moment to get practice in. I'll join as soon as I get the kits and then I'll show you how to remain in the second division for the rest of your life lol.

Get the Pes Universe one if you paid for it but they messed with the team set ups and tactics.

Yeah but klashmann is doing the tactics so im sure itll be good tweaks.

Possibly but sometimes another persons idea of how a team plays can be totally different to your own idea. . . . .but you can always rearrange them if you don't like them.

I find it hard to beat a player just by being faster than him.
It's a good thing that you can't do it all the time,but sometimes?
Restarted a ML to try some stuff,I edited a player to 99 acc and 99 top speed,nope.
It's because I'm on -1? A bit sluggish there,or what?

I'm kinda pissed off by the GKs throws,lost 2-0 just,one goal being just that,GK "throwing" it to a opponent.
Horrible.
Anyway got two MLs going,wanna see what happends with different things,see the difference playing one good team,and one poor.

Think the CPU has a tendency of snatching the ball from you with ease.
Hope yours are enjoyable,mine more of an OCD

Game nr 2 me,Palermo vs Empoli.
Went 1-0 through Di Natale,then the shit fest started,didn't get a single freekick,all their tackles were perfect ala PES 16, even inside their own box.
Hopeless.
Saving the worst for last.
They came 3 on 2,their MF got tackled outside the box,the ball went between my Df and to their two strikes,all alone vs the keeper,plenty of time,took a shot,post out.
And they got a freekick to?
Of course they scored making it 1-1.
So,cranking it up to superstar,see if my retarded players can play at that level,guess not only the opponents become worse the lower you on difficulty level.
If that doesn't work,this game is going in the bin.
It's all fucking struggle,no joy what so ever.
Hate it
Edit,cranked it up to top player,plays better on it.
Played vs Genoa,12-3 in shots my way,they won 3-1.
Bit of a cunt this one,and it can fuck right off now.
Sorry for the negativity boys,enjoy your PES 17 year I'm done.

Last edited:
The individuality in this game is pretty impressive. I'm doing a league mode with Newcastle and had a rough start. Couldn't get anything going on offense with Mitrovic up top in a 4-3-3. Switched to a 4-4-2 narrow diamond with Ayoze Perez alongside him but he still felt very isolated and stagnant. I gave Dwight Gayle a game and the difference was big. Despite having no stat as good as or higher than Mitrovic, Gayle makes a lot more runs behind the defence, and his positioning in the box is really good too. He has no stats or traits that would make him do this, but he does!

I suspect that since Mitrovic is bigger and heavier, even though they have the same speed/explosive power Gayle ends up being faster because he weighs less. That makes his runs in behind better and makes him able to find space easier.

Itching to get started on a ML seeing as this year is my first PES game. Does anyone know if Option File updates will be automatically applied to existing ML save files? I really want to start one with Blackburn (hometown club) as I have PES Universe OF and have everything looking great for the English leagues, but don't want to start again every time an update is released.

Itching to get started on a ML seeing as this year is my first PES game. Does anyone know if Option File updates will be automatically applied to existing ML save files? I really want to start one with Blackburn (hometown club) as I have PES Universe OF and have everything looking great for the English leagues, but don't want to start again every time an update is released.

The kits and emblems will be applied. . ..but not the players if you update the squad or their attributes.

Finally had some time to explore this game,02:30 at night isn't the best time.
Loved it->hated it,now back to being amazed how good it is.
Did some different ML campaigns on different difficulties and game speed.
And the higher the difficulty,the less crappy your players are,think CPU stays equally good on Proffesional->Superstar.
So sorry for being a gloomy bastard,I've really looked fw to this game for ages,and it did my head in with difficulty and camera angles.

Finally feel good about this one,had two amazing games with Palermo and will restart my ML cause I didn't do any transfers properly,just simmed through,to get to the games.

So Milan it is,big suprise,or should I just stay with Palermo ?

And the higher the difficulty,the less crappy your players are,think CPU stays equally good on Proffesional->Superstar.
Gotta say, I definitely see a big difference in the difficulty levels! I'm playing as Middlesbrough, with a "team spirit" of about 70. (I can't see the opposition's rating for this any more - anybody else notice that?)

On Top Player the opposition players aren't always passing - they'll sometimes do slow jogs, looking for an option. On Superstar, they just don't need to do that - the players are psychic, they play immediate (sometimes first-touch) passes.

The way I see it, Top Player is like playing against good football teams, Superstar is like playing against a professional PES player who knows how to ping-pong you to death. Definitely prefer the former to the latter!

Gotta say, I definitely see a big difference in the difficulty levels! I'm playing as Middlesbrough, with a "team spirit" of about 70. (I can't see the opposition's rating for this any more - anybody else notice that?)

On Top Player the opposition players aren't always passing - they'll sometimes do slow jogs, looking for an option. On Superstar, they just don't need to do that - the players are psychic, they play immediate (sometimes first-touch) passes.

The way I see it, Top Player is like playing against good football teams, Superstar is like playing against a professional PES player who knows how to ping-pong you to death. Definitely prefer the former to the latter!
I might go down to TP,but for now SS plays really well,just played vs Juve,and lost 1-0 in extra time (super cup) and they played very varied,guess game speed has an effect aswell,I'm on -1.
Never felt outplayed,they were better,but didnt see them ping ponging their way through me.
Great game.
If this game play stays the way it is now,I'm going up to 20 min
And yeah,team spirit is no longer visible for the other team,strange

Last edited:
So I haven't played ML since PES4 but thinking about picking it up again. Can anyone tell me if you can still create your team/kit etc or do you just use a standard championship team?

A dilemma grande,first ML game with Milan vs Juve,holy crap that game played good,vs my other ML with Palermo,a very weak side,but so rewarding getting a 1-0 win vs Empoli away.
Looks like I'm in a bit of a pickle here.
What struck me the most is my basic gut feeling I had the first time I played this game,before screwing around with different settings,is how well you can defend.
Obviously easier with Milan than Palermo,but still so much fun
And for my next game I'm up to 20 min,think you really need that here,since goal chances aren't that easy to get.

1st league game then.
Bologna away (4th time?)
Always struggle vs them,but this turned out beutiful,almost.
1-0 up on my first shot,they went fw,tackled ball carrier mid pitch.and passed between their CB's and had tons of space to roll it in.
2-0 pretty much the same way,mid half.
Continued to counter on every attack they had,struck the post from 25-30 m.

2nd half
They started to be more careful,building their attacks,and putting pressure on me at all times.
And passing your way out of trouble on manual isn't the way to go.
Fat boy Destro got a pass after they stole it from my back four,easy goal from 5 m.
Last 15 min they went all in on me,pressuring MF and defenders very hard,I just hoofed it for the last part of the game.
83rd corner Bologna,and a header to the bar,GK got a hand to it,my defender slide tackled it out of the box,right to a Bologna player who took a quick shot,post in 2-2

Really should have won that one,had better chances,but I'll take 2-2 away.
Stats all even 12-12 in shots.5-5 on goals.
Very good game
20 min
Manual
Superstar

2nd Serie A game.
Chievo away (really Konami?)
This turned out to be a tactical game.
They didn't commit much,unless I did,then they hit me with counter attacks.
Managed to get a penalty for them,luckily badly struck,so no goal.
They played a very tight and narrow def,impossible to break through.
Late in the game 60-65th minute I had to go for a win,bad mistake,went from 4-1-3-2, to 4-3-3 to try and create more,obviously they did a number on me from a counter attack,Pelisier placed it from 10 m and I was 1-0 down.
Last 10 min I bombarded them with shots and crosses but they managed to hold on

Reflecting on it,should have gone for the 0-0 draw.
Made a few transfers.
Out: Spinelli to Napoli,Locatelli also Napoli (loan,a future giant) Pobega to Southampton on loan,and Poli to Leicester for €10,3 M
In: A Herrera from Manure for € 18,1 M,and I also dusted off Abbiati from free agents as a backup for Donnarumma.
Those will probably be my signings this season.
Next season I will get rid of a few defenders and start to build a solid defence

Back
Top Bottom