The England Topic

i support Angola(i'm from Angola and live in France but i am not french!!!)and yes after i suppport ENGLAND!!and not at all France

I'm not conviced yet by Crouch and Owen as a partnership. Owen cannot operate as a lone striker either, and if he's unfit maybe we should save him as a sub. Better to get a top quality half hour out of him rather than a slack 90 mins.

I say 4-5-1 with Crouch up top and Carra as DMF. England have an abundance of quality midfielders so we should play as many as possible. Crouch can do the dirty work, knocking down Beck's crosses for Lamps and Stevie G to bury. Both Lampard and Gerrard need attacking roles as neither are effective as holding players (they would be wasted there anyway). Cole is huge for England, our most consistent performer this year, and if Rooney's out he is our impact player who can ACTUALLY beat a defender one-on-one instead of making a cross-field pass (SHOCK! HORROR! :shock: )

Joystick said:
I'm not conviced yet by Crouch and Owen as a partnership. Owen cannot operate as a lone striker either, and if he's unfit maybe we should save him as a sub. Better to get a top quality half hour out of him rather than a slack 90 mins.

I say 4-5-1 with Crouch up top and Carra as DMF. England have an abundance of quality midfielders so we should play as many as possible. Crouch can do the dirty work, knocking down Beck's crosses for Lamps and Stevie G to bury. Both Lampard and Gerrard need attacking roles as neither are effective as holding players (they would be wasted there anyway). Cole is huge for England, our most consistent performer this year, and if Rooney's out he is our impact player who can ACTUALLY beat a defender one-on-one instead of making a cross-field pass (SHOCK! HORROR! :shock: )
which cole are you reffering too?

Nice goal by Crouch - top scorer of WC2006? :D :lmao:

I dunno what Shearer was getting at(?!)....guilty of misplacing simple passes?! That is perhaps Crouch's best attribute of involving others in the game. A good support striker if any.... But the guy has no pace though...seriously :shock:

Last edited:
That penalty miss was hilarious. I thought Cassano's miss in the UEFA Cup in that similar Panenka-style chip penalty was the worst I've seen someone muck up a penalty, but Crouch's effort supercedes it.

didn't see the game yesterday(just the goals!!!!CROUCHIE!!!!!!!!!!:applause: :applause: )but how did perform Lamps and Gerrard in the midfield??

Better than against Hungary, but still not brilliant. They were both a little quiet, Gerrard less than Lampard. Gerrard though is a big-game player, i feel that he performs best when there's a lot of pressure. Lampard i'm not as sure about though.

pup-fiction said:
Better than against Hungary, but still not brilliant. They were both a little quiet, Gerrard less than Lampard. Gerrard though is a big-game player, i feel that he performs best when there's a lot of pressure. Lampard i'm not as sure about though.

So i think you'd prefer to see gerrard with a real holding midfielder carrick or hargreaves(why the hell he didn't take s.parker!!)rather than both gerrard and lamps??

The only thing dumber than playing both Gerrard and Lampard together is playing 2 goalkeepers in your starting eleven.

ALAIN said:
So i think you'd prefer to see gerrard with a real holding midfielder carrick or hargreaves(why the hell he didn't take s.parker!!)rather than both gerrard and lamps??

Hargreaves should only be in the squad so the other players could get target practice kicking the ball at his worthless ass.
Against Jamiaca, Gerrard and Lampard worked a little better together- one staying back a bit if the other was far forward- but they'll never get the time and space like that in the WC (possibly against T&T).

To be honest, i don't know how i'd play it :).
I think Gerrard is more creative and Lampard more opportunistic so maybe i'd play Gerrard sat back a bit further than Lamps. Gerrard can tackle a bit better too i think.

pup-fiction said:
Hargreaves should only be in the squad so the other players could get target practice kicking the ball at his worthless ass.
Against Jamiaca, Gerrard and Lampard worked a little better together- one staying back a bit if the other was far forward- but they'll never get the time and space like that in the WC (possibly against T&T).

To be honest, i don't know how i'd play it :).
I think Gerrard is more creative and Lampard more opportunistic so maybe i'd play Gerrard sat back a bit further than Lamps. Gerrard can tackle a bit better too i think.

Hes a good player but maybe Sven should of taken Defoe instead of him. Or even Parker.

If we win the WC no one will be complaining.

Gerrard always has to defend with Lampard.

Crouch to lift the World CuP!

I reckon there is a lot more to this Rooney saga than initially thought...was listening to Radio 5 yesterday, and there was talk of sponsors pulling out if Rooney doesn't go (Coca Cola, etc..).

Read into it as you will, but it's ridiculous that the FA are willing to take an injured striker that can possibly jeopardise our hopes of doing well (especially if Crouch/Owen gets injured :( )

Well it now seems as though the injury is healed and he just needs to get match fitness back.

As he said himself "THE BIG MAN IS BACK IN TOWN!!!"

Cloud1863 said:
O'Neill - No thank you, a few reasons why I don't want this guy for the job, partly as he was the manager of Celtic but also his style of football. Has anyone here actually watched his sides play in the past, 3-5-2 very defensive, just does enough and no more.

Sorry, I had to go back away to this as I have to say it's one of the most ridiculous posts I've read.

Mate, you really can't watch many England games, it's all long balls for Rooney or Owen to run onto, or was high balls to Heskey and now Crouch, no football whatsoever, so there wouldn't be any change.

You just had to see Robinson's kick-out to see how England play, that was embarrasing.

FD

Back
Top Bottom