The England Topic

beachryan said:
I actually think taking Walcott was the best move Sven's made. And my theory is he won't even play a significant minute of football.

Where's the Rooney worry in the papers this morning? How about Owen? Where's all the pressure being levelled at the Gerrards, Lampards and Coles? Sven has pointed everyones attention on a 17 year old, and no doubt this will continue in the build up and cup itself. I bet he'll come on for a few sub appearances in the qualifiers, who knows maybe he'll even score, but his contribution to the team will be that he is the focus of attention, and that leaves all the other key players to play at their very best.
His girlfriend is in all the papers already. Thats the English press for ya. :lol:

To add insult to injury..Wenger said "The reason I did not use him this season was that I was never in a situation where I could afford to take a risk.

"Every game we were in desperate need for points, either in the league or the Champions League, so I went more for experienced players.

"There will be high pressure at the World Cup because there's more demands from the media and the fans. But I am sure he can cope with it: he has a quiet personality, but a strong personality.
:D I agree Arsenal can`t afford liabilty that for the WC or He promise Walcott Playing time and he doesn`t want bad blood so he sweet talk Sven....Brillant Boss

Gedtillo, man let it go.

I don't rate Bent full stop.
It doesn't mean that goes against my theory of not rating flashy players.
Not that I have a theory at all. I just take each individual case as I see it.

Stop generalising things and formulating opinions based on it.

Move on now mate.

has anyone seen more of walcott apart from those 3/4 goals we continue to see on tv!

he cracked my up in his eurosport interview and the thing about his lil girlie pls!

wtf is wrong with this country!

if i was defoe i would do a sutton and rejct any more of englands call ups to hell with the team!

I would never reject a Spain cap, so I can understand Defoe coming if being called. But I'd be very very pissed off. :) I'd probably just avoid meeting Sven again.

pk9 said:
has anyone seen more of walcott apart from those 3/4 goals we continue to see on tv!

he cracked my up in his eurosport interview and the thing about his lil girlie pls!

if i was defoe i would do a sutton and rejct any more of englands call ups to hell with the team!

If Defoe was to do that all I would say is good bye. Sutton done it and I couldnt give a fcuk. Its his loss not ours if thats his attitude.

You also say what is wrong with this country, was it my choice, was it every Englishman's choice, NO!!! It was SGE and possibly a few people behind the scenes. So dont make it out like its the fault of a nation you fool.

dark_shadow89 said:
*sigh* Eriksson's such a hopeless flop of a manager...

He has made us a much better team than what we were under Keegan

pk9 said:

defoe is s hite

WTF!?!
Rooney has just confirmed that he will be ready for England's first game. Apparently he has almost fully recovered. Even doctors are shocked with this news saying that he has broken records with the speed that he recovered in.

Thanks. I never thought he'd miss the world cup, i thought maybe he'd missed the group stage. But this excellent news if it is true, hopefully he wont be rushed back still. PLus england will have all their best players in the tournement so no excuses.

Bloody hell fellas!!

He's only said he could be fit which is no different to what everyone has been saying anyway!!

All speculation.
Until Rooney has his scan and a doctor or Rooney himself confirms something, we should take all stories with a pinch of salt.

Especially from that shit rag.

steevio_uk said:
Bloody hell fellas!!

He's only said he could be fit which is no different to what everyone has been saying anyway!!

All speculation.
Until Rooney has his scan and a doctor or Rooney himself confirms something, we should take all stories with a pinch of salt.

Especially from that shit rag.
From being possibly able to make the knockout stage to being able to make the first game is huge boost.

It was all speculation then so there is no boost.

If someone confirmed THEN, that he will make the 2nd round and then they said NOW he will make the 1st game...that is a boost.

We all knew he MAY make the first game, we all knew he MAY miss the group games and we all knew he MAY miss the world cup altogether.

Nothing has changed after this.

Look at the article. There is no quote from Rooney, no statement.
The only official quotes are from Taylor and Greaves commenting on this speculation.
Just the shitrag paper getting a small hint or few words probably to make big headlines and sell newspapers.

When Rooney says i'm fucked or i'm good, then i'll listen.

Last edited:
I read this in the newspaper and it seemed more convincing to me with it being the front and back page headline instead of some little article on the side.
And it actually said he WILL be fit cuz his recovery is ahead of schedule.

Fair enough mate.

But know the sun; they would put anything on the front and back page if it meant they sold more papers!! :lol:

well they revealed Henry has agreed to stay one day early. I thought it was BS cuz they were the only paper saying this even though The Sun were making it out to be a big news. But then the next day, we all found out it was true.

Todays Sunday Sport reveals that Rooney has no chance of making the World Cup, make of that what you will ;)

Sunday Sport and the Sun , two papers that are full of BS. Ill wait till the first time the starting eleven is picked then Ill belive if Rooney is fit or not.

Gerrard apparently said he now expects Rooney to play the first game too.

Rooney will make 1st game,unless yous are waiting for Walcott or crouch to trip and score.Oh! I see Gerrard playing up front,Rooney will still score even handicap

Its a little early dont you all think so? Come on,he is not Wolverine.You lot might forget this,he might be fit to walk or run but I dont think he will be match fit yet.Match fit for England's first game? Highly doubtful to me.England will do fine without El Roon,just play 4-5-1,Mr Bald Eagle.

I read that Rooney's injury status has a lot of money riding on it. Many people are placing bets on when he'll be fit, the people who make commercials have to think about re-doing their WC ads without clips of Rooney if he cant make it, Rooney's sponsors hope their boots get exposure, etc.

So its no longer safe to believe anyone who says he's fit cuz they're most likely lying to make or save some money.

OMG, a very experienced England 'B' team just got beat off 10-man Belarus 'B' team. :mrgreen:

Guys who will play a big part in the World Cup where there such as Campbell, Carragher, both Coles, Owen, Crouch, and also including a host of other regular England squad players such as James, Jenas, Carrick, Downing, Defoe.

Was quite funny listening on the radio, some did admit it was an embarrassing defeat considering the strength of the team, however we had the panelists giving it the old chestnut about it being a meaningless game, although I'm wondering what they would have said if Walcott had run a riot.

Jeez, you better not get an injury to some of your other first teamers who weren't playing last night or your totally fucked. :lmao:

FD

Yeah, this is quite irritating from England...'he'll make the quarter/semi finals'. Someone should tell them they need to actually qualify for them first.

I really hope england flop this world cup, I cant take all the hype and constant talk of winnning it , when they cant actaully play on the pitch. They call it the England B team last night, but if you look at it half of the team is going to be playing in the world cup first team.

Back
Top Bottom