The England Topic

1 starting player from last night that would be in our first team.
(Perhaps Carrick too depending on formation and Joe Cole came on)

These players will not all play together again, so it is immaterial.
Put any one of these players into the first team with the rest of the squad and you will see a better reflection.

Take any B team that countries can put out from any of their world cup squad and It really doesn't look good either for them does it?
(Add in a couple of players that are not even in squad!!)

1 Player?

Can you tell me how you get only 1 player? Now my sources, them being the whole of England have confirmed that Rooney is out of the 1st 3 games, now call me Einstein but that will probably mean Owen and Crouch starting. Now maybe I need to get my TV sorted out, but it looked like there was 2 players just like them playing last night. They only have 3 strikers fit going into these games, Walcott being the other. Another TV glitch showed him on too.

And even this dumb Scottish guy can tell any supposed England fan that both Coles will be starting from their opening game.

That's 4 at the moment.

Would it be a huge shock if England also elected to play a Carragher or Campbell along with Terry, instead of Rio? Even if not, you can't exactly call them just back-up players now.

The rest of the squad are the players that are in the World Cup squad, with the exception of a couple of players, Johnson springs to mind.

I do agree, that it isn't the end of the world, but it must be a little bit of a worry being embarrased by a 10 man Belarus 'B' team.

FD

Forgot about A. Cole

That makes Owen and Cole.

(And maybe either Carrick or Crouch depending on formation definately not both)
And like I said, J. Cole came on.

That is it. End of.

Hardly a first team is it? :roll:

Your starting team (forbidding any injuries) will be:-

GK - Robinson
RB - Neville
LB - A.Cole
CD - Terry
CD - Rio/Campbell/Carragher - Has Sven really chosen Rio as his 1st?
MID - J.Cole
MID - Gerrard
MID - Lampard
MID - Beckham
FOR - Crouch
FOR - Owen

Nah but nearly 40% of that squad (not counting the CD decision) played last night, along with all your subs for the World Cup against a Belarus B team with 10 men and got beat.

Whilst the fans on the radio show seemed very disappointed by the result, it was funny how the radio presenters where trying to sweep it under the carpet saying that it didn't really matter, when we all know that if Walcott had ran a riot and scored a couple of goals it would've been 'Rooney who'?

When I heard the players that where playing, I actually put on a bet that England would win half-time, full-time. When I saw the end result I was gobsmacked, especially more so when they only had 10 men.

FD

fd1972uk said:
OMG, a very experienced England 'B' team just got beat off 10-man Belarus 'B' team. :mrgreen:

Guys who will play a big part in the World Cup where there such as Campbell, Carragher, both Coles, Owen, Crouch, and also including a host of other regular England squad players such as James, Jenas, Carrick, Downing, Defoe.

Was quite funny listening on the radio, some did admit it was an embarrassing defeat considering the strength of the team, however we had the panelists giving it the old chestnut about it being a meaningless game, although I'm wondering what they would have said if Walcott had run a riot.

Jeez, you better not get an injury to some of your other first teamers who weren't playing last night or your totally fucked. :lmao:

FD

Yup we require our full side and last night that showed. We were unlucky tho with loosing a goal and not getting atleast one of the two pens. With the full squad we are a totally different side. I shall take nothing out of that game apart from Lennon, J Cole never really done much same goes for Owen. But fuck it we are in the world cup, we proberly wont win it but we are going.

How long has it been since all anotehr home nation was in one?? On that though do any of the non English fans know how it feels in WC summer. ;)

fd1972uk said:
Your starting team (forbidding any injuries) will be:-

GK - Robinson
RB - Neville
LB - A.Cole
CD - Terry
CD - Rio/Campbell/Carragher - Has Sven really chosen Rio as his 1st?Yes
MID - J.Cole
MID - Gerrard
MID - Lampard
MID - Beckham
FOR - Crouch/Carrick
FOR - Owen

Nah but nearly 40% of that squad (not counting the CD decision) played last night, along with all your subs for the World Cup against a Belarus B team with 10 men and got beat.

Whilst the fans on the radio show seemed very disappointed by the result, it was funny how the radio presenters where trying to sweep it under the carpet saying that it didn't really matter, when we all know that if Walcott had ran a riot and scored a couple of goals it would've been 'Rooney who'?

When I heard the players that where playing, I actually put on a bet that England would win half-time, full-time. When I saw the end result I was gobsmacked, especially more so when they only had 10 men.

FD

Now Rooney is out, that makes 3 first teamers that started last night.(Including 1 of either Crouch or Carrick)
An unfit Owen, and A. Cole regaining match practice I say again....

... hardly 1st team is it :roll:

Cloud1863 said:
Ireland is not a home nation, but I take it you would count it as home.
The UK and Ireland are often grouped together by the term 'home nation', in my experience. You get the Irish football on TV here, and they get British TV channels over there. I know they are not part of the UK but for me they count as a home nation when speaking about footy.

So England finally look set to unveil the diamond formation, and in that holding role they're playing...a CB? wtf? I know Sven didn't have time to see all that many Tottenham games, but there's this Carrick guy that usually plays there, did rather well. Oh and there's also this team in Germany, I've heard they do ok, Bayern M..something. Well they have this Owen fellow who also plays that role. If only one of those natural DMF were in the England squad, then we wouldn't have to play a CB there...oh wait...

I think this WC is a personal f*&( you from Sven to the English public for there general treatment of him.

beachryan said:
So England finally look set to unveil the diamond formation, and in that holding role they're playing...a CB? wtf? I know Sven didn't have time to see all that many Tottenham games, but there's this Carrick guy that usually plays there, did rather well. Oh and there's also this team in Germany, I've heard they do ok, Bayern M..something. Well they have this Owen fellow who also plays that role. If only one of those natural DMF were in the England squad, then we wouldn't have to play a CB there...oh wait...

I think this WC is a personal f*&( you from Sven to the English public for there general treatment of him.

I don't know why he doesnt start with Carrick, I don't think he would go out his way to hurt Englands chances. This may be the last chance he gets to see a World Cup.

Last edited:
Did not see the match, apparently England lost...
These "last minute" matches before big tournaments are useless.
On one side you got a highly motivated team that already plays a sort of WC-final and on the other hand you got a team (B-team or not) that is one week and a half away from the biggest tournament in their lives...Unconsciously they become a litle bit more cautious because they are afraid of last minute injuries and missing the WC. So if England lost, that's not significant (but one could ask why play this match, what's the use of it????).

no England won 3-1

someone can post the goals of yesterday please with peter crouch's celebration :) please??
Anyway what a bad idea it was to play Carra in the midfield!!

Shocking dive by Gerrard for the Pen!! I don't like to see that. Ian Wright was basically saying that because the "foreigners" do it we should too. Ian Wright ... :nono:

Clockender said:
Shocking dive by Gerrard for the Pen!! I don't like to see that. Ian Wright was basically saying that because the "foreigners" do it we should too. Ian Wright ... :nono:

Man, this is what I like of English football: way to go, Clockender, let's not spoil the last realm of honorable footy there is.

I still remember Robbie Fowler claiming that he hadn't been fouled when given a penalty... ;)

Totally opposite Italian footy and the Spanish league.

What was England's diamond formation yesterday? If Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham and Joe Cole are to play together, and Gerrard will be the playmaker... who will be DMF in that formation? Lampard?

I reckon this might be possible:

-------------Owen----------Joe Cole------------
--------------------Gerrard--------------------
Lampard------------------------------Beckham
------------------Carragher-------------------

or this:

-------------Owen----------Crouch------------
----------------------------------------
Joe Cole------------------------------Beckham
------------Gerrard----Lampard---------------

but this?
-------------Owen----------Crouch------------
-------------------Gerrard------------------
Joe Cole------------------------------Beckham
----------------Lampard---------------

Not a fan of Owen and Crouch together...just doesn't work.

I'll put Gerrard + Owen/Crouch upfront. Gerrard moves in and out of Midfield. Rafa played Gerrard like that many times this year - including the beginning of our revival against AC Milan in a certain match ;)

I really hope Carrick plays in the next match....

_41707186_crouchrobo63416300.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

So you say:
-----------------Crouch---------------
Joe Cole--------------------------Beckham
---------Lampard------Gerrard---------
---------------Carrick------------------
-A.Cole-----Terry-------Rio--------G. Neville
------------------James---------------------

That could work... Lampard and Gerrard could alternate themselves as a second top, and Crouch could benefit from Becks' magic crosses... But I can't see England playing without Rooney and Owen. I just haven't ever seen Crouch play. What kind of player is he? I know he's very tall, but he looks slim. What player does he resemble regarding his gameplay? Jan Koller? RVN? Pat Kluivert?

England just wouldn't function with one player upfront....whether it be with Owen or Crouch (perhaps with Rooney though...but that's a different matter altogether). Owen/Crouch needs a support player - if Gerrard/Cole can play that well, it would be class.

When Rooney was playing, we had him in this support striker role (kinda). Much like a pseudo 4-4-1-1 formation....I still thought there wasn't the balance as we weren't getting the best from Gerrard.

*Maybe* the lack of Rooney can be a blessing (if Sven plays it right). With a decent DMF in Carrick (not Hargreaves!), this will give a bit more freedom to Lampard. I think Gerrard is relishing that chance to be a support striker - I mean, he'll grab all the headlines (don't blame him either!). Feed that relish Sven! :mrgreen:

Gedtillo said:
So you say:
-----------------Crouch---------------
Joe Cole--------------------------Beckham
---------Lampard------Gerrard---------
---------------Carrick------------------
-A.Cole-----Terry-------Rio--------G. Neville
------------------James---------------------

That could work... Lampard and Gerrard could alternate themselves as a second top, and Crouch could benefit from Becks' magic crosses... But I can't see England playing without Rooney and Owen. I just haven't ever seen Crouch play. What kind of player is he? I know he's very tall, but he looks slim. What player does he resemble regarding his gameplay? Jan Koller? RVN? Pat Kluivert?

Yeah it's excactly what i think and of course i was thinking if Rooney is not fit for the wc(hope he will be fit!!!!!!)
i always rated crouch as a good player (a real thread for the centers back!!) he is good technically despite being tall

Back
Top Bottom