Sony PSP/Vita

Re: Sony PSP

Did you just directly download them to your PSP then Paul, or did you redeem the code and download them to your PS3?

Dont think you can do that, these have to be downloaded direct to PSP I believe as the offer is tied to the PSP and not the PSN Account (as far as I recall).

Took a while, but I queued them up and left it 5 hours.

Still need to grab a few of the 10, but I ran out of room - need an SD Card.

PSP Mini, Hero of Sparta is on sale for 99p atm, it is as the reviews say, God of War Lite, but for 99p, well worth giving it a go I think. Think also you can play this one on your PS3 too.

I've been playing Everybodys Golf 2 recently. Absolutely loved the first one, as well as World tour on PS3. The game is a lot of fun, especially after you get an old grumpy caddy who puts you down all the time. Gets bastard hard on the later courses, when slightest mistakes take your ball out of bounds. I recommend the game for anyone who is looking for a nice pick up and play game.

I've been playing Everybodys Golf 2 recently. Absolutely loved the first one, as well as World tour on PS3. The game is a lot of fun, especially after you get an old grumpy caddy who puts you down all the time. Gets bastard hard on the later courses, when slightest mistakes take your ball out of bounds. I recommend the game for anyone who is looking for a nice pick up and play game.

Classic game, completed it ages ago but going to re-visit. Online is great, if you can find anyone to play!

I know this thread is as dead as disco but i actually bought a psp the other day. I'm not sure why they seem so unpopular around these parts. The back catalogue is immense and the games are so cheap. Granted if you don't like rpgs then it might not be for you but it seems ultra convenient and i've been playing it more than i did my ps3 when i first got that.

Hi all. Welcome,

I had a go on the vita yesterday at GAME for about 5-10mins and here is a nutshell of my initial impressions playing uncharted and some augmented reality fighting game

Pros:
  • Build quality is top notch
  • analogue sticks are great
  • Screen is as good as an ipone 4s/samsung galaxy Nexus
  • Uncharted graphics are almost on par with a ps3 game
  • Augment reality game i played(a fighting game where u can slap you face on) worked well. good ps3-like graphics
  • Dpad and Buttons are very similar to the PSP and i have an original PSP and the buttons still work .
  • Very light! Nearly as light as my Samsung galaxy nexus phone!

• Sound from the speakers is a bit weak but better then the psp
  • A bit "thick" so may have trouble fitting in your jeans pocket
  • Load times on unchated took about 30seconds and it was from a downloaded version of it, not from the memory card so i expect it to load instantly like when u have a psp game installed on the psp itself, not run from the UMD
  • UI is better then the PSP but a bit childist/nintendoish(i woudl much prefer a Android UI.l Like Android honeycomb at least)

Dont forget. these are from early 5min impressions of the device, Some of the pros and cons can easily change if i had a weeks use with the Vita but from my own points above, the most important things about the device are in my plus points i.e build quality and game graphics quality

Thanks for this Jonney. For me, fitting in my pocket isn't an issue. I don't even put my iPhone 4 in there. Seriously close to getting one.

I care about:

Graphics, build quality, battery, hardware and the games (because they will be exclusives to the PSV).

Your welcome mate. i cant get one at launch as its valentines day and its my wifes bday too so am gunna be broke before 22nd feb :(

Will grab one in march with fifa and/or uncharted.

Yeah thanks for that info Jonney, that's really useful to know. I too am seriously thinking of getting one. I wasn't that fussed about the Vita until I recently saw gameplay for the first time, it basically looks like a mini PS3 which is amazing.

Had a go on one in the Game store today and 'mini PS3' is spot on. I'm well excited to be getting one Day 1 now!

1) Really nice machine - looks good, feels chunky enough and feels good in the hand.

2) Screen is brilliant, not sure where the complaints are coming from there?

3) The buttons, yes are small, but feel very tactile - dont think that will be a problem. Analog sticks had quite small travel, but worked really well in games I tried.

4) OS seemed ok to me - touch screen was VERY responsive (on par with iPhone, better than any Android device I've tried).

5) Games! Tried the following;

a) Motorstorm RC - bit gutted too be honest as really liked the sound of this. Admittedly was only a quick go, but the model of the car really stood out from the track (in a bad way) - was a very basic model and the lighting was awful. Looked like a green block in a really nice CGI scene. Anyways, gameplay was 'ok'. Will probably still get if the price is sensible (thinking £9.99 here?)

b) FIFA. Only had a very quick go, but was very impressed. On par with the console versions from what i saw.

c) WipEout. Stand out for me. Looks superb, very quick (absolutely no frame rate problems?), controlled nicely and was really fun to play. Glad I'm picking this up on Day 1.

Overall I'm now more excited for the Vita and looking forward to getting it. My only negative to take away from 15 mins play, is the load times were on the long side. Used to pick up and play on iOS, but the 30-40 seconds did jar a bit on the Vita.

Probably gonna preorder and get one at launch but not sure whether to go with the 3G version or the 3G+wifi one. Any major differences between having and not having the 3G?

Probably gonna preorder and get one at launch but not sure whether to go with the 3G version or the 3G+wifi one. Any major differences between having and not having the 3G?

i read somewhere that the 3G was not a good deal because you probably won´t be able to play online with 3G, that´s why they make a new bundle for the 3G version to compensate the higher price.

I already pre-ordered mine with wipeout, uncharted and fifa, wi-fi only. :P

Tried one in Game. Loved it. The interface is quick, and the graphics are amazing. The machine feels nice to hold. Loading times were a bit long, but I don't think it's an issue.

If I get one I won't be going with the 3G. I'll stick with Wi-Fi only. I've heard the monthly data charge is going to be pretty steep (not that much less than a phone contract) and all you'll be able to do is access stuff like leaderboards, connect with friends for message sending etc and access the PSN Store. Not worth it in my book, I can wait for those things when I have Wi-Fi access.

I want to see what Fifa is like and to see if it is very much like Fifa 12 on PS3/Xbox? same modes etc?

I wish I could afford one :((

Interesting bit I heard about Fifa - you controll the placement and power of a shot by touching the back touchpad, which represents a goalmouth.

Pre-ordered mine from Play.com, arriving tomorrow. Got the WiFi bundle with the Pre-Order pack, 8GB memory card and Rayman Origins.

My FIFA Football arrived today from ShopTo and tomorrow I'm going to trade in my sealed copy of Rayman Origins for Uncharted Golden Abyss and probably Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus. Then further down in March I will be looking to get UMVC3, Everybody's Golf and Gravity Rush.

Just need to get some accessories for it. Already got the Hori Screen Protector. Now I need a case and card holder and possibly the official headset since I will be using the Party (cross-game chat) feature quite a lot.

£230 and that doesn't include one of their expensive memory cards? That's a disgusting asking price.

does anyone know how much are sony making or losing per sale on this?

It's £255 here in Iceland and I don't think that even includes a memory Card. And that's the cheap version, the 3G on costs £357. It's mental, but that's just they way things are here in Iceland with new stuff.

Back
Top Bottom