Sony PSP/Vita

They are really awesome machines - cant believe how well its been received by the online community really, everyone seems too be saying something positive about it.

Games are awesome, kit it sexy as hell and if you can get a decent trade in for the 3DS then I would go for it like a shot!

They are really awesome machines - cant believe how well its been received by the online community really, everyone seems too be saying something positive about it.

Games are awesome, kit it sexy as hell and if you can get a decent trade in for the 3DS then I would go for it like a shot!

What games u got and can u add me on your friends list? User name is same as my forum name

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

There are 1 or 2 negatives like the battery life and special Sony memory cards that you have to buy. But other than that yeah everyone I know who has one of these beauties LOVS em!

Does the vita require mandatory installation for some of the games like PS3? And what exactly are memory cards for? Game saves and demos?

There does seem to be some mandatory game data that gets copied to the memory stick when you inset a game cartridge for the 1st time like. Yeah memory card is a necessity.

Does the vita require mandatory installation for some of the games like PS3? And what exactly are memory cards for? Game saves and demos?

Game saves, demos and to download full games on to it if you prefer a digital copy rather then a plastic cartridge.

What games u got and can u add me on your friends list? User name is same as my forum name

F1, FIFA, Uncharted, Lumines, Wipeout, Hustle Kings, Motorstorm, Everybody's Golf :)

As others have explained, some data does get installed (though its very quick) - but some games need a memory card to even start (one of which I believe is Uncharted).

Hmmm.. Thanks for the responses.

I'm not sure downloading full games on an 8gb is a good idea. I don't even know why Sony didn't give us 32/64gb with this thing.

Mate the whole memory card thing is crazy like! but as said not much data from the cartridges gets put onto the device. It aint gonna cut it if you want to download full games off of PSN tho.

got some spare cash left and want to get one of these, what game should be my first one? i'm really up for uncharted, but never played any of the ps-parts.

Uncharted for Vita is not made by Naughty Dog. It's a good game but not as overwhelming as the PS3 games. I would go for Wipe Out and FIFA.

The 3 games that have the best review scores are:
Wipe Out
Fifa
Lumines

Uncharted for Vita is not made by Naughty Dog. It's a good game but not as overwhelming as the PS3 games. I would go for Wipe Out and FIFA.

The 3 games that have the best review scores are:
Wipe Out
Fifa
Lumines
gerd can add me on vita please? its jonneymendoza

Anybody know if there is a combination of buttons to do a hard reset? I put mine down for a sec and next thing I know, it's crashed! Blue light is still on but nothing happening. Screen just black :(

Just after I won a game I FIFA 5-1. The guy quits, I check result but it didn't register!! Double :(

I did mate, didnt want to put my card details on there like after all the security bullshit from last year. Buy PSN cards buddy and youll stay safe.

If you buy games online you'd better buy a memory card larger than the standard 4 GB.
Downloaded games are approximately 1 GB.

got mine too, amazing machine! first games are really great, i feel like playing a portable PS3!

I really want to trade in and get this but none of the games interest me so far in all honesty.

Played on my brothers Vita yesterday...

The actual console looked really impressive.

Fifa looked alright, but the framerate made it feel like I was a second behind the action. It felt really choppy. I love that you can use the back screen to aim free kicks/penalties.

Another problem I had was I kept pressing on the right analogue stick instead of the buttons like X and O. I'm not sure why me hand kept instinctively reaching there. I think maybe it's that on the PS3 pad the left stick is about the same distance apart from the buttons. I'm not sure at all.

The only other game he brought round was Lumines. Graphics looked fantastic. It's Lumines though so just what you;d expect it to be.

Unfortunately he'd not downloaded any of the free games off the PS Store like the flick football augmented reality game so I didn't get to try out anything like that. I think it's games like that which would sell the console to me, something that actually makes you go "oh snap, I've never seen anything like this before!".

Fifa looked alright, but the framerate made it feel like I was a second behind the action. It felt really choppy.

Strange. Mine feels and looks fine. At least it does to me. Online gets little bits of lag now and then but that's to be expected and not a game breaker at all.

About FIFA: i never play online except SSX. Single player: the only issue i have is the change of the cursor when defending. I know you can do that by tapping with your finger, but i don't like that (it's not very accurate). But changing with the R or L button (don't know from here which one it is, but once i play the game, i do know) does not work always. I've had goals because of that...otherwise FIFA for Vita is great. Extremely good job by EA.

Back
Top Bottom