Sony PSP/Vita

Re: Sony PSP

Built in mic... "Singstar PSP" ? They must have thought of it - doubt they'd do it though due to the machines without a mic.

That new PSP looks good actually, I wouldn't pay the money for it though when it's the same basic machine.

The price-gap in the 8gb/16gb memory cards is because of the convenience, YoungGun. It's a lot easier to have one 16gb memory card than two 8gb memory cards... I was going to get the 8gb but in the end I thought, sod it, £18 for 4gb will do me.

The new PSP has a much brighter screen apparently that doesn't impact on battery life.

I have got a slim and lite and love it....much nicer than the original fat PSP. I only have 1Gb card so may need to purchase a bigger one.

Last edited:

Little Big Planet, Motorstorm Arctic Edge, Assassins Creed, Buzz! and Rock Band all anounced for the PSP this year along with a new Lilac coloured PSP-3000 model.

I cant believe you asked about those games and not Rock Band, Mini Guitar FTW???????????? :LMAO: Now that would be tricky, at least the DS Guitar Hero has a touch screen to work with.

I can see how they'd do it @ RB & GH cause they'll bring out some hardware to add/clip onto the PSP for it, but LittleBigPlanet, what would be the point? Single player would be a piece of piss and boring surely, online is pointless cause nobody uses it and the graphics will be shit compared and you wont have half as much stuff to make a level with. Assassins Creed will look crap compared as well, just like the NDS version.

I bet now I've said this they'll end up being amazing somehow.

RockBand/GuitarHero have never done anything for me so meh...

How will Harmonix squeeze the full band experience of Rock Band onto the instrument-free PSP? By making Rock Band Unplugged a spiritual sequel to Amplitude, Harmonix's critically beloved pre-Guitar Hero rhythm game.

First details on the recently announced Rock Band Unplugged from Primotech describe the peripheral-free game as a beat-matching rhythm title that uses the PSP's directional pad and buttons to play along with guitar, bass, drum and vocal tracks.

Like Amplitude and its predecessor Frequency, Rock Band Unplugged tracks will be broken down into "phrases" which the player must beat-match perfectly to score multipliers.

Guess Harmonix and company found a way around Sony's decision to deny us an Amplitude sequel, eh?

Primotech adds that, unlike Amplitude, there will be no online multiplayer mode. Shame about that. Perhaps Harmonix can work it into a future proper PlayStation 3 sequel?

http://kotaku.com/5159653/rock-band-psp-first-details-its-amplitude

DJ Portable Max was one of the best games I had on the PSP - button matching works well and with the extra storage of the UMD, I can see Rock Band being quite fun!

how much you think a phat psp is worth now? I'm looking to sell mine.
I tried to get back into it with pes 09 and god of war but its just not for me.

I sold mine on eBay a few months ago for about £70 with 3 games and a load of emulator and hack stuff on it - (though no actual games on there, just the software to run them)

I would like to re-buy a PSP for the Killzone game and to replay some old PS1 ROMs on it, but I'd probably end up selling it again because of the shit controls.

I really hope they have dual analogue sticks on the PSP2, otherwise I'll have to pass I think.

Nope, that isn't a signature under his post, it's advertising. Quote his post and you'll see it in the actual post text. Spammer.

On-topic though, I've just managed to set up TVersity (which is already great) to stream any live video I happen to be watching on the PC, firstly through the PS3, then through the PSP (via Remote Play)... Brilliant stuff, I've got the PSP set up in the garage now as a mini telly. :D

Nope, that isn't a signature under his post, it's advertising. Quote his post and you'll see it in the actual post text. Spammer.
More importantly there's an apostrophe catastrophe in his post. Banned.

It's the amount of time you can expect the battery to last.

(already wearing coat)

PSP GO

psp1.jpg

psp2.jpg

psp3.jpg

thanks jjosseca

Whats the point of the buttons sliding out when theres no touch screen? Why would anyone close the shell?

The PSP has been such a fail, I got one not long after they were released and expected some great games to be released on it, but almost all of them have been rubbish.

The DS doesn't really appeal to me either, maybe the next generation of handhelds will be better...

Whats the point of the buttons sliding out when theres no touch screen? Why would anyone close the shell?

So you can fit it in your pocket or something i would guess. The same way a lot of phones have a flip open or slide down part.

I like my psp but this? looks like one of those cheapo ripoff type items so proudly shown on youtube.

They still haven't implemented dual analogue sticks, or even made the original ball and socket, very disappointed. They still have that crappy sliding mess.

WOW!!

over 7 months without a single post! just goes to show how completely and utterly appalling gran turismo psp was when it didn't even get mentioned in here!

I've played it a few times, the handling is poo and the PSP's analog stick is rubbish for driving games.

Real Racing over this every time for me.

With the announcement of the iPhone 3GS, and subsequent digging by AnandTech, we know that Apple’s claim of it being “over 2X faster” than the 3G is no joke. Apple is clearly entering into the realm of true portable gaming with the 3GS.

However, since it is so much faster, and is seen as competition to the PSP by Sony, how does it compare to the hardest of hardcore mobile gaming devices out there?

Well the iPhone 3GS is fast, but not that fast. According to AnandTech’s report, the 3GS is running a PowerVR SGX, most likely at 200 MHz. at that speed
, it can push about 7 million triangles per second, and fill at rate of 250 million pixels per second.

Back
Top Bottom