Sony PSP/Vita

Re: PSP - The Official Thread

whole article :p

www.teamxecuter.com said:
PSP Fake Videos
Homebrew PC AppsSome not so funny guys have been posting fake videos of ""hacked psp games with a Team Xecuter intro.

First of all to the sites posting these as "news" - use common sense - ask the actual teams involved or even look at the actual news page (i.e. this page) for release news - don't go posting videos that are unverified simply to gain extra hits and publicity without verifying its validity - saying that you would post ALL news no matter what isn't a very clever policy for a reputable news site. Plus we certainley don't need to be bombarded with a thousand emails from a bunch of headless chickens gagging to be able to play hacked games.

Also comments like this are kinda pissy

Random Quote said:
Quote:
It looks like the PSP scene may have already been cracked. Here is a movie of what appears to be Team Xecutuer running Wipeout on a v1.5 PSP via the Memory stick. I know this sounds like a good thing for PSP users but a for profit mod chip developer cracking the PSP so quickly can not be good for the PSP scene as a whole.

The good news is if this is real when they release the mod chip you will be able to do v1.5 homebrew with it.

First of all yes we make mods for profit - however im not sure if you noticed but we also do a MASSIVE amount of free stuff for the Xbox.

We are not planning on making any kind of chip for the PSP - we dont think it will even need one - any hack we do will be free and given to the scene, solely because we like the PSP as a handheld and its a challenge. But let's say it did need some kind of hardware hack - you'd still complain ? i wouldn't think so.

Our current work involves busting the firmware - the firmware dumper is already working and there has good progress been made in booting games and also homebrew on different firmware versions (v1.5 etc). We are giving support and advice to other underground teams as well as receiving help ourelves - its an excellent "group" effort without anyone actually knowing about who or what is involved. Apologies if the odd spoiler we throw your way freaks one or two minds Razz

So instead of trying to get our backs up posting negative thoughts why not try to give a little support to our cause - it's not like we are noobs Wink

im not gonna mention the site involved - you know who you are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just read that on the official site. Sounds very promising.

Yes you can but you need some sort of wireless network card on your PC with broadband. Plus a copy of Wipeout Pure cuz that game has a browser built in.

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
£117??! Thats a bargain, where from? I paid £173 in total for a Value Pack, but I've still gotta be billed for tax by FedEx

I got it off eBay US. My friend also got one from the same sellers shop and he didn't charged import fee's/tax. So im crossing my fingers.
It comes with free screen film. Didn't get the value pack because i already have good earphones, a data transfer cable for my digicam, and uk power plug
from my PSX or PS2 which works with the AC adapter that comes with the PSP.

Fifa any good?

gam3r

Dont worry about the tax then cuz if you're getting it off someone from EBay they could right the parcel off as a gift which means you dont pay a £40 tax like me some other people did.

One thing you do need to remember is that since its off EBay, it could possibly be preowned which isnt a problem but some PSPs have been reported to have dead pixels on the screens. I got mines brand new in a box so I didnt have to worry about that.
I basically got the same thing as you with a game which cost me over £200.
So £117 for a PSP without experiencing any problems is hard to believe.

Could you post a link to the EBay page with the PSP you're buying?

screen protectors... why?

I see the point for PDA's where your touching the screen with a pointed stylus all the time, but tbh... the hassle of getting them on without dust/bubbles is mind numbingly annoying. Best off using the protective case when its not in use?

I've got a screen protector for my PSP, does it a world of good. You screen can get scratched easily without you even knowing. So whats better, buying a replacement screen protector, or a whole new screen? :)

I also find that the PSPs screen looks better in general with a screen protector on. No long last smudges or dust!

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
I've got a screen protector for my PSP, does it a world of good. You screen can get scratched easily without you even knowing. So whats better, buying a replacement screen protector, or a whole new screen? :)

I also find that the PSPs screen looks better in general with a screen protector on. No long last smudges or dust!

friend of mine cleans the screen with his shirt, aint that dumb ?

has anyone played dynasy warrior or hot shot golf

ripkord said:
screen protectors... why?

I see the point for PDA's where your touching the screen with a pointed stylus all the time, but tbh... the hassle of getting them on without dust/bubbles is mind numbingly annoying. Best off using the protective case when its not in use?
I think I can cope with a few bubbles for a scratch-free screen. Worth its weight in gold.

I have this frigging piece of dust UNDER my screen and its starting to annoy me. I cant even remove it.

RuneEdge said:
I have this frigging piece of dust UNDER my screen and its starting to annoy me. I cant even remove it.

Like the PSP but its a poorly made piece of kit.

Dust under screen, dead pixels and dodgy buttons(square and right trigger)!

Hmm the square is slightly dodgy but I wouldnt say its that shoddy. Overall the PSP feels very solid to me.

I used a screen protector and it was utter crap. I clean my PSP screen with my shirt, whats wrong with that, a few little scratches here and there dont bother me. This is a portable games machine designed to be used alot, as long as you look after it, its fine.

Also, the small scratches I have can only be seen in certain light and when you play a game, you cant see them at all.

Whoever asked about Hot Shots Golf, I will say its the best game out of the 7 I have. Its awesome fun, challenging, looks gorgeous and loads really fast. It gets way more time than Lumines, Mercury, WTS, Tony Hawks, Ridge Racer or Wipeout..

Get it from Videgamesplus.ca, its only £23.

RuneEdge said:
Dont worry about the tax then cuz if you're getting it off someone from EBay they could right the parcel off as a gift which means you dont pay a £40 tax like me some other people did.

One thing you do need to remember is that since its off EBay, it could possibly be preowned which isnt a problem but some PSPs have been reported to have dead pixels on the screens. I got mines brand new in a box so I didnt have to worry about that.
I basically got the same thing as you with a game which cost me over £200.
So £117 for a PSP without experiencing any problems is hard to believe.

Could you post a link to the EBay page with the PSP you're buying?

Here is the link. Its a brand new PSP...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8193413623

RuneEdge said:
Yes you can but you need some sort of wireless network card on your PC with broadband. Plus a copy of Wipeout Pure cuz that game has a browser built in.

Oh cool :D

Would be good if they bring WE out with a browser on it too.

========

Is it possible to get a complete leather case for the PSP like you get with moblie phones? When i get my PSP i want use it with a leather case because i don't want it getting damaged.

Last edited:

Does it have to be leather? The best case by far for the PSP is the Logitech PlayGear Pocket:

The Logitech® PlayGear Pocket™ is protective polycarbonate armor for your PSP™. This portable case is packed with versatile features and an innovative design that gives you full control.
758.gif

758.gif
758.gif

758.gif

Got game? The shoulder triggers are fully accessible without having to remove your PSP from the case.

Need some privacy? The convenient headphone access port means you can plug in a set of Logitech® PlayGear Stealth™ or other earphones* and listen to your favorite tunes on the go.

Seeing is believing. The adjustable 270-degree lid doubles as a sun visor to cut down on distracting outdoor glare. Or use it as a stand so you can view movies and photos hands-free.

Anyway you choose, PlayGear Pocket has you covered! Simply close the lid to safely stow your PSP, and you´re instantly back on the move.

Features
  • Virtually indestructible polycarbonate armor shell protects your device
  • Easy access to shoulder controls means your PSP is playable even while inside the case
  • Headphone* port means you can plug into some tunes, then stow them in your backpack
  • 270-degree adjustable lid can be used as a sunshield for gaming or a stand for watching movies
  • Secure snap closure means your investment stays put
  • 2-year limited warranty
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2362,CONTENTID=10181

It also allows you to personalise it, by making your own covers for the case

w00t...i got it :D! came today at 1:36PM. Great day. NO TAX YAY.

The guy marked the item down as "Die cast metal Toy"

Got no games to play tho, menu looks amazing tho. Ordered Twisted metal.

gam3r said:
That's a new one. Wonder how they descibe drugs? "Mild relaxant, similar to paracetamol"? ;)

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
If you drop your PSP while its in the case you get with the value pack, it ain't gonna protect it much
Agree. It would be a bit like putting it in a sock. ;) :mrgreen:

and u can edit the look of the case

gam3r said:
w00t...i got it :D! came today at 1:36PM. Great day. NO TAX YAY.

Got no games to play tho, menu looks amazing tho. Ordered Twisted metal.

just snapped one up from the same guy!

£118, plus £19 for postage to europe - i gotta be happy with that, especially if i don't incur any tax penalty when it reaches these shores...

how long did yours take to come, gam3r?

also, is there any difference in this model and the one with firmware revision 1.5 that i've seen on ebay?

better add hot shots golf and wipeout pure to that order, although they are being shipped from the UK. £28 each, free p&p! :)

vr6_highline said:
just snapped one up from the same guy!

£118, plus £19 for postage to europe - i gotta be happy with that, especially if i don't incur any tax penalty when it reaches these shores...

how long did yours take to come, gam3r?

also, is there any difference in this model and the one with firmware revision 1.5 that i've seen on ebay?

Hiya! 1.0 is better firmware because it alows you to play homebrew stuff like emulators.

Also i won the auction on last thursday evening and it came yesterday(wednesday) probably took longer beucase of the weekend.

Good luck mate

Back
Top Bottom