Sony PSP/Vita

Re: PSP - The Official Thread

well i told the place i got mine from to mark it as a gift. but thay marked it at $100 and i had to pay £25 :(

Last edited:

Football Management on the move
Added on 09/05/2005 @ 16:00:01 in Press Release

LONDON, UK – May 6th, 2005- SEGA Europe Ltd, and Sports Interactive are proud to announce Football Manager™ 2006 for PSP. Specifically designed for Sony’s PlayStation Portable handheld entertainment system (PSP), this new game will, for the first time, offer fans of Sports Interactive’s games an opportunity to experience the highs and lows of virtual football management ‘on the go’.

Sports Interactive have modified their genre defining football management game to purposely suit the PSP. Football Manager 2006 retains all of the hallmark realism and excellence, but is specifically designed to be a more immediate pick up and play experience.

“From the moment that we got our hands on our first PSP we knew that we were finally looking at a portable system that could do our game justice,” comments Miles Jacobson, Managing Director of Sports Interactive. “Football Manager™ is well-known as being a game that people carry with them in their hearts and minds – pretty soon they’ll be able to carry it in their pockets too. ”

“This has to be one of the most exciting games coming to PSP. I’m going to start getting the train into work so I can play it in the mornings!” commented Matt Woodley, Creative Director of SEGA.

For anyone who loves football, Football Manager™ 2006 offers a dream come true. Using a new state of the art game interface and management infrastructure, Football Manager™ 2006 accurately simulates the trials and tribulations of a real football manager. Experience the pressure as you rise through the ranks, reach the heady heights of the Premiership and try your luck in Europe.

Features for Football Manager™ 2006 PSP:

* Select an active league from a minimum of 6 countries’
* Accurate data from the world renowned SI football database
* Up to date and accurate competition simulations
* Accurate European competitions and world rankings
* Complete tactical options to allow a manager to influence a match
* Every player has an accurate player history
* 30 players in a squad
* Realistic commentary style match engine and computer manager intelligence
* Staff feedback on the current squad via coach and physio reports
* Realistically simulated media involvement - including transfer rumors
* Agent approaches and dressing room unrest
* A full interactive transfer system simulating modern day negotiations, including player loans, signings etc.
* Realistically simulated world of football, giving information about transfers, results and injuries involving the big names in football

MORE FEATURES TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!

WOOOOO

unbornchikkenvoices said:
hey have you got your psp yet? did you pay the tax?

I bit the bullet and got a psp off ebay also. 3 days delivery with fedex.
its the 4th day today and no sign...im thinking the same thing has happended to me! my contact number is out of date tho...how can I find out whats going on???(maybe they will send a letter)

cheers
My PSP is getting delivered today, then FedEx are billing me the charge of tax within 14 days (they pay customs). If your worried, just go to http://www.fedex.com and ring up customer services. That's what I did yesterday to find out what was happening with mine and its sorted now! :)

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
My PSP is getting delivered today, then FedEx are billing me the charge of tax within 14 days (they pay customs). If your worried, just go to http://www.fedex.com and ring up customer services. That's what I did yesterday to find out what was happening with mine and its sorted now! :)

thanks for the advice.

gave them a call and its at my local fedex depot ready to be posted (today)

looks like I escaped the dreaded customs tax! phew

you win some you lose some I suppose

thanks again.

Last edited:

The PSP needs a Tekken game. That would be soooooooooo cool.

RuneEdge said:
The PSP needs a Tekken game. That would be soooooooooo cool.
I agree. It was just a little too small on the GBA. :mrgreen:

Major UK online retailer Play.com has announced that it is suspending sales of imported US PlayStation Portables, pending discussions with SCEE, but imports of the console are believed to be reaching unprecedented levels.

The new handheld system will not be launched in the UK until September 1st, but has already been available for five months in Japan, and since late March in the United States.

"We have decided to suspend the sale of US PSPs on Play.com until we have had chance to discuss the UK import situation with SCEE and see what plans they have for the launch of the European version," Play.com's Simon Perrée explained in a statement today.

"The internet makes the games market a global industry, we have been aware for some time that many other e-tailers are supplying US PSP consoles and software to UK consumers," he continued. "We fully support the UK software industry, and have taken this decision to demonstrate our position, and hope that other e-tailers follow suit."

Like Nintendo's handheld consoles, the PSP has no region lock on its games, and the device ships with a universal power pack that works with European power supplies - while favourable exchange rates mean that some importers are now offering the console to consumers here for little more than it will retail for in September.

As a result, import sales of the console into the UK - especially over the internet - are believed to be at levels previously unseen for any new hardware launch.

Online importers contacted by GamesIndustry.biz were unwilling to discuss exact figures or provide named quotes, but the message from most was clear - PSP is doing more business for them than any other console has done, with even some of the more established firms having difficulty keeping up with demand.

"We're seeing a snowball effect," one e-tailer told us this week. "One customer buys a PSP, and then we see several of his friends making orders over the following weeks. It's a really desirable piece of kit, and people don't want to wait - lots of our orders now are from people who've never imported anything before in their lives."

With three and a half months still to go before the system arrives in Europe, it seems likely that SCEE - who were unavailable to comment on this story at the time of publication - will seek to stifle the flow of import devices into the region, but with many of the leading importers are located outside the EU, the company's options in this regard could well be somewhat limited.

Anyone surprised that people are importing them?

Yea Sony really did butt fuck europe...

Oh well I have had my PSP for a few months now... only have Ridge Racers and Metal Gear Acid so far... which I now have plenty of time to play as I have finished uni... Im waiting for the GREAT (not!!!) FIFA to arrive as it is the only soccer game worth playing on the psp atm.

Winning Eleven cannot come soon enough!!!

Final Fantasy Advent Children sept 14th!!! Not confirmed whether this is DVD or UMD though :( please be umd and DVD!!! its gonna retal for $45 !!! which is stupidly steep!!!

I will still get it though!

Ibu2003, I'm in Japan too. Just curious as to where you bought Fifa as it ain't available here....hoping I don't have to pay tax on it.....and I agree with you about WE!!

I got fifa from ebay mate its the american version the thing is i was supposed to get it last week but there was a problem with shipments... now Im hoping it will be here tomoz. or I will get a refund.

rumours stating Winning Eleven is in sept!! *crosses fingers*

Owners of this love it, but is there any PSP stuff at E3??????????

A number of new details of the PlayStation Portable's planned European launch in September have emerged at SCEE's pre-E3 conference, including the first-party launch line-up and strong support for the UMD movie format.

Speaking in Los Angeles, SCEE president David Reeves revealed that Sony will be publishing no fewer than eight first-party titles to support the launch of the console - including six European-developed games, namely World Tour Soccer, F1 Grand Prix, Wipeout Pure, Fired Up, World Rally Championship and MediEvil Resurrection.

They will be joined in the line-up by Ape Academy and Everybody's Golf, two key titles from the company's Japanese studios, and SCEE will also be publishing Namco's racing title Ridge Racer for launch.

A further twenty titles are expected from third-party publishers for the launch of the console, bringing the total games line-up on September 1st to an impressive 29 titles.

In terms of movies, the platform will be supported from the outset by releases from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment - which plans to launch 19 movies on UMD by the end of September, growing to around 45 titles by the end of the year.

"That's a lot of titles," commented SPHE senior vice president Adrian Alperovich at the conference. "It underlines our strong belief in movies for PSP - and it's not just movies. We believe that short form programming, including episodic TV, will be wonderfully successful on PSP."

The company also hopes to see a number of other studios lending their support to the UMD format, as they have done in the USA - with Alperovich describing the uptake of the format as "the fastest support by Hollywood of any hardware launch ever".

The line-up of Sony's movie titles scheduled for September launch is, in alphabetical order:

13 Going on 30, A Knight's Tale, Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid, Bad Boys, Charlie's Angels, Ghostbusters, Hellboy, Hitch, Hollow Man, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, The Punisher, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Spider-Man 2, Steamboy, SWAT, The One, You Got Served, XXX, and last (and possibly least) XXX: The Next Level.

In addition, the firm hopes to launch a number of music video UMDs alongside the provision of downloadable music content for the PSP, and is currently working with major label Sanctuary Visual Entertainment to secure the release of music video UMDs from artists including Bob Marley, INXS and Iron Maiden - all of whom will feature in the launch line-up.
Related Artic

They seem to be leaning pretty heavy on the movies thing dont they

Im getting my Jap PSP in 2 weeks, and i need help on choosing the games.

So far i will probably get:

MGS Acid
Fifa 2005
NFS

any others?

WipeOut Pure, I'd also say to get Ridge Racers over NFS, but that's only my thoughts on it. Lumines is supposed to be good too.

As for shooters i dont know of a single one yet. SOCOM is coming, but until then I don't know!

So....what's your highest score on Lumines then? Mines a crappy 25,000 or so.

Fifa is very poor on the control sensitivity side,
and the kit and player model graphics are very poor.
Considering games like ridgeracers look very impressive.
I wouldnt recommend fifa, i got it. played it for a day and
frustration set in.
Hopefully when they release we psp umd, they will unlock the extra processing power of the psp with the software like gran turismo mobile is supposed to do.

crayon said:
So....what's your highest score on Lumines then? Mines a crappy 25,000 or so.

Mwahahaha

125'000

Thats still not all that good though :(

Back
Top Bottom