Sony PSP/Vita

Re: PSP - The Official Thread

get japan one has it is region 2, same has the pal version and can tehrefore play pal umd movies wen they come out

Your looking at paying around 40 quid plus tax prolly 50 quid, I got mine from Japan but I got it bought by someone there and with a few games...

But the real reason I was going to post is that Gamespot have reviewed FIFA Soccer for PSP

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/sports/fifasoccer/review.html?q=1&tag=gs_psp_flashtop_story

I reckon I will get this as I really need a footie game to play on the PSP on the move... But I wanted to hold out for Winning Eleven PSP which so far no information has materialised for.... aaaah well

ibu2003 said:
Your looking at paying around 40 quid plus tax prolly 50 quid, I got mine from Japan but I got it bought by someone there and with a few games...

But the real reason I was going to post is that Gamespot have reviewed FIFA Soccer for PSP

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/sports/fifasoccer/review.html?q=1&tag=gs_psp_flashtop_story

I reckon I will get this as I really need a footie game to play on the PSP on the move... But I wanted to hold out for Winning Eleven PSP which so far no information has materialised for.... aaaah well

Should get mine 2moro hate Fifa but no news on WE!

The review gave it rave reviews but said it was as good as the console:(.....so it's crap then...:D

crayon said:
The review gave it rave reviews but said it was as good as the console:(.....so it's crap then...:D

:lol:

Anyways i am really happy the PSP is coming out in September the 1st, it means it gives me enough to save £180 for it, so guys i will defiently be getting it.

Last edited:

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
Another quick question.

Whats the best region PSP to get, Japan or US? I heard that Japan ones can play Region 2 UMDs, which obviously would be better.

Is there any major differences between the two? PSPs are multi-region when it comes to games right?

I had heard that the screens on the Japanese machines are better.

Its up to you where you get it from, I aint gonna be watching films on mine anyway so for me that wasnt an issue

well if your in uk then the japanese is better it has a sharper screen to make it loook even better,umd movies is region locked on region 2 for uk and japan but us is region 1
games are region free so u can play any games on any console,i hope this helpted you,and here is the best place to buy it www.play-asia.com

I got the JAP version with the best quality sharp screen on it... its a well known fact Sharp make the best LCD screens... but either way as long as it plays the games well I dont mind.

I cant wait for the longer life battery so the full power can be unleashed to the 333 mhz instead of the 222mhz it is currently limited too.

i played the psp with ridge racer 2day on my mates machine and its cool but not has great has people say it is, its a nifty nice handheld though but nothing tooo special about it

where is the best place to buy from? im pondering over importmadness.co.uk, ebay or liksang. I dont like the shipping they charge on ebay...32£!

is fifa good?

I have ordered it but it wont come for a week or so I will leave impressions then

Fifa is ok nothing special just give me great hope fo WE because Fifa looks great for a handheld!

Gameplay is the same crap, game has a slight freeze when you shoot wide which is annoying

Loading times are ok alot better than Tiger woods

So are we looking at longer loading times? when did you get your copy of the game? whats the off the ball system like?

So the graphics "are" good for a handheld?

I cannot wait for some news on Winning Eleven announcements, come on NOKAMI !!!

*sits and waits delivery of his game*

I've read a few reviews for both Fifa and World Tour Soccer, and opted to get the latter as it got much better write ups!

Also, gam3r, if your in the UK, I suggest getting a PSP off eBay. I've done a fair bit of research into things like paying tax, delivery etc. and found that the best place seems to be eBay.

I ordered mine earlier today off a shop on eBay, and paid £173 (incl. delivery and insurance) in total, for a value pack, with a very very very small chance of paying tax (they mark it as a gift and value of £36). It may sound like a lot when compared to Lik-Sangs £140 odd value pack, but if you add shipping onto that (£17 I think) and the fact that you'll most likely have to pay tax (£40 - 50), eBay is definately the way forward.

Here's the link to the eBay shop of the company I'm getting mine off.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/S-K-Digital-World

They have amazing feedback, and for the total price, say you should receive your PSP within 3 - 4 days through FedEx.
I even e-mailed them and asked what would happen if my PSP get lost along the way, as if they were to mark it as valued at £36, then I would obviously not get all my money back. They got back to me within about half an hour, and said that if the PSP got lost, they'd send out another one, free of charge!

Service or what!

So any doubts, just e-mail them

Last edited:

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
I've read a few reviews for both Fifa and World Tour Soccer, and opted to get the latter as it got much better write ups!

World tour is awful but that my opinion!

Got the Fifa 2day n like i said its ok!

Better than world tour tho world tour is fun its just flawed in every way!

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:

Also, gam3r, if your in the UK, I suggest getting a PSP off eBay. I've done a fair bit of research into things like paying tax, delivery etc. and found that the best place seems to be eBay.

I ordered mine earlier today off a shop on eBay, and paid £173 (incl. delivery and insurance) in total, for a value pack, with a very very very small chance of paying tax (they mark it as a gift and value of £36). It may sound like a lot when compared to Lik-Sangs £140 odd value pack, but if you add shipping onto that (£17 I think) and the fact that you'll most likely have to pay tax (£40 - 50), eBay is definately the way forward.

Here's the link to the eBay shop of the company I'm getting mine off.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/S-K-Digital-World

They have amazing feedback, and for the total price, say you should receive your PSP within 3 - 4 days through FedEx.
I even e-mailed them and asked what would happen if my PSP get lost along the way, as if they were to mark it as valued at £36, then I would obviously not get all my money back. They got back to me within about half an hour, and said that if the PSP got lost, they'd send out another one, free of charge!

Service or what!

So any doubts, just e-mail them

Is that the Jap version you ordered or the US version?

am I right in thinking the jap version will play umd's from the UK and has a better screen?

unbornchikkenvoices said:
am I right in thinking the jap version will play umd's from the UK and has a better screen?

Yes

Well only some versions of the jap PSP have the better "sharp" brand screen, sony commissioned sharp to make a few psps well the launch and quite a few others after. So over in japan they have the sharp screen and here in europe and US the screens are made by someone else.

im buying a jap version 2nite,and getting twisted metal game for it

Cheers Flawl3ssCowb0y...! Thanks for the info.

Lets just see.

Lik-sang - Value pack £150+shipping £7+tax£50 = £207 total
ebay - valuepack 150ish+shipping £32 = £182 total.

Not bad...might just go with ebay.

I've been preparing for the arrival of my PSP by ordering a few things, namely a 512MB Pro Duo Mem Stick, as well as World Tour Soccer and WipeOut Pure. Can you guys recommend anything else I might need?

I've bought the value pack which I know comes with a protective case thingy, but are there better ones I could use?
What about a place to keep my games?

I know about those sites! But I just wondering if you guys had any recommendations on any other accessories I could do with for a PSP!

I aint hatin on the PSP but does anyone find the games borin?

Tiger Woods for example a poor dumbed down version where as Mina Golf is wonderful!

Fifa the same its ok but still a dumbed down console game.

Back
Top Bottom