Sony PlayStation 3

Rumor: Team ICO working on not one, but two PS3 games

colossal_dog.jpg

So Team ICO's working on a new game for the PlayStation 3. Not altogether surprising considering that ICO and Shadow of the Colossus remain two of the most well respected and well received video games on the PlayStation 2. But what if we told you that one internet forum rumor had them working on not one, but two games for Sony's high-def colossus? One is even rumored to be "close to ICO and Shadow of the Colossus in terms of atmosphere and setting."

Though we didn't hear anything at Sony's Gamer's Day event, a source deep within Sony's corporate bowels brushed himself off and revealed this exclusive screenshot to us, seen above (note: we're not serious, but we wish we were). Would two more masterpieces from Fumito Ueda's team brighten Sony's spirits (and sales figures)?

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/18/rumor-team-ico-working-on-not-one-but-two-ps3-games/

Hardware - This Week | Last Week | YTD | LTD
1. NDS - 163,824 | 285,192 | 3,052,216 | 17,057,895
2. WII - 52,544 | 101,320 | 1,504,716 | 2,424,359
3. PSP - 34,433 | 35,172 | 873,828 | 5,405,957
4. PS2 - 10,414 | 14,815 | 335,018 | 20,489,877
5. PS3 - 8,839 | 12,974 | 425,895 | 883,453
6. 360 - 2,105 | 3,205 | 95,655 | 360,357
7. GBA - 769 | 653 | 36,076 | 15,334,155
8. NGC - 315 | 394 | 7,078 | 4,176,546

Very poor showing! Simple solution for Sony is put better software on the shelves..

360 has peaked. Well until Halo 3 comes out. PS3 is gonna improve vastly around September time & everyone knows it

Two games from team ICO?????
That justifies the extra price for the PS3 itself.
I have become very jaded with videogames and almost everything I play bores me very quickly, but ICO and SOTC had me mesmerised.
This is fucking great news.

Awesome news about Team ICO. SOTC was one of the best games Ive ever played.

Regarding figures, I dont care what anyone says but Sony need a price drop. Theres nothing wrong with the library and what the console can do, its simply the price. It would sell shed loads at a lower price.

Awesome news about Team ICO. SOTC was one of the best games Ive ever played.

Regarding figures, I dont care what anyone says but Sony need a price drop. Theres nothing wrong with the library and what the console can do, its simply the price. It would sell shed loads at a lower price.

They will but nearer xmas. Thats how it always works.

The thing is though, it's all about Sony's nerve now, Europe are still getting the most expensive console of any of the regions, and yet it has the Emotion Engine chip removed, now while the other's will get it removed prob as well, it's still in them.

I expect the PS3 to be the THING for Christmas, the 360 will be heading for it's third Christmas, and the Wii it's second in Europe, the PS3 will be this Chrimbo's gaming machine to get, so do Sony hold there nerve and hope to coin it in during the period that 80% of all games related sales happen, or drop the price now to try and attract more early adopters? For now, I can see them holding fast, and well come Chrimbo they might drop it, but I would think more than likely there will be more bundles agogo. I mean even now MotorStorm and Resistance are easily available at 30 quid, which is crazy like for prob the two best titles on the machine.

The thing is though, it's all about Sony's nerve now, Europe are still getting the most expensive console of any of the regions, and yet it has the Emotion Engine chip removed, now while the other's will get it removed prob as well, it's still in them.

I expect the PS3 to be the THING for Christmas, the 360 will be heading for it's third Christmas, and the Wii it's second in Europe, the PS3 will be this Chrimbo's gaming machine to get, so do Sony hold there nerve and hope to coin it in during the period that 80% of all games related sales happen, or drop the price now to try and attract more early adopters? For now, I can see them holding fast, and well come Chrimbo they might drop it, but I would think more than likely there will be more bundles agogo. I mean even now MotorStorm and Resistance are easily available at 30 quid, which is crazy like for prob the two best titles on the machine.

They will wait until Home is released at least. I could see a bundle with GTA maybe £399.99 so console £350

Not Sony's fault tho.

I dont know as Wii can only go so far before people realise what it is.

Souped up Cube IMO.

I suupose over here may be different as there are no machines anywhere.

well the Wii will go far because people are buying it just for the Wii Sports. If there ever was a one game console, the Wii is it. I have people coming into the store that just want it for wii sports so the family can play something, and because its at a great price people find it very accessible.

Im will Holio though because I also feel the PS3 will be 'the' gift this Xmas. I certainly hope they do drop the price, but the business side of me predicts better bundles.

well the Wii will go far because people are buying it just for the Wii Sports. If there ever was a one game console, the Wii is it. I have people coming into the store that just want it for wii sports so the family can play something, and because its at a great price people find it very accessible.

Im will Holio though because I also feel the PS3 will be 'the' gift this Xmas. I certainly hope they do drop the price, but the business side of me predicts better bundles.

I suppose your right. Cant see many must have games on the Wii bar Mario, Metroid & Smash Bros.

Thats gonna be there problem again as ut was with the gamecube.

However by then everyone will have one so i guess nintendos job is done

I suppose your right. Cant see many must have games on the Wii bar Mario, Metroid & Smash Bros.

Thats gonna be there problem again as ut was with the gamecube.

However by then everyone will have one so i guess nintendos job is done

The also major difference is Ninty are selling and making money at it's price point, and then you start sticking extra wii-motes in there.........

Not Sony's fault tho.

I dont know as Wii can only go so far before people realise what it is.

Souped up Cube IMO.

I suupose over here may be different as there are no machines anywhere.

See I've been saying that the Wii isn't going to last for a while, saying it's novelty and all that, and the PS3 will come good. But the Wii's sucess has gone on for too long now, and unfortunately I think if Sony don't price drop our wonderful shiny console massively (I'm thinking to 360 level just to claw back sales), then it's going to have an early death.

I'd be extremely surprised if the bundle deals they come out with around Xmas time will be favourable to the PS3, but at least by then, there should be some more games out, even if they are multiplatform

Last edited:
I don't think there is much scope for the Wii unless a few more first class titles, other than those released by Nintendo, comes out. I'll definitely get the Wii for Mario Galaxy but I can't say I'm looking forward to much else tbh.

I don't think the PS3 will die an early death. I mentioned previously about The Long Tail model and it will have a great role in the Console race. Although the PS3 won't have the super dominant market share it enjoyed before, it will slowly have a significant share regardless..especially if the Wii fad dies out and Microsoft continue to release unreliable consoles (<-- it's crazy but this might be a significant factor!)

I don't think there is much scope for the Wii unless a few more first class titles, other than those released by Nintendo, comes out. I'll definitely get the Wii for Mario Galaxy but I can't say I'm looking forward to much else tbh.

I do, even currently with barely any killer titles (apart from Zelda) it is selling shedloads, and say when the killer ttiel does come out, it will sell more!

About damages

Google translation

Admittedly the GT until today does not have the damage. But Kazunori is a perfectionist and the damage will be of an enormous level, proportional to perfection implemented for modeling/returned cars which remains the most succeeded still today, if it decides to include them. Playstation 2 was surely not asser powerful for claquer its vision of the things! > Without speaking about the problems via the manufacturers (Infos posted by a forumor here même*). Because more the number of cars is raised, 700 in WP, more the complications increase. Because if one only of the manufacturers refuses even his cars broken (With the idea of very realistic Kazunori without any doubt) it died. Then if is to have the same damage as FORZA 2, not thank you, I prefer kept the resources of the console for other thing. > Bus in this play, forza2, the damage are not proper A each elements of the cars. There' are only some elements fixed has the advance which breaks! Same manner besides, with each blows. But most important in a play of case it is not that! But real pleasure gotten by an exemplary control. The players of WP can testify some > Conduire in WP it is enormous (With the Wheel return of quite sour force).

edit, sorry djdoc360, wrong message

Last edited:
TG ha ha ha ha!:lmao: look at the bottom of that Quote... thats Dan Greenwalt from Turn 10... Turn 10 as in MS Game Studios.. as in Forza Motorsport 2....

No Damage for GT5 :)

Dj

A Sony spokesperson has confirmed to GamesIndustry.biz that an 80GB PlayStation 3 is to go on sale in Korea - but said there are no plans to launch the model in Europe.

News of the 80GB version emerged via a statement on the Sony Korea website, which said the 80GB version will launch there on June 16 priced at KWR 518,000 (EUR 412).

Just when you start warming to the idea of getting a ps3 this year (near xmas) they release info like this and you are reminded what a load of bollocks the pricing is over here.

I'd say it'd be fairly impossible to do damage in GT5, at least to the level at which Kazunori would be satisfied with.

Forza's is good, but it's still not the utmost of realism when crashes occur

Anyone in the UK want a Brand New UK PS3 at a good price? I've managed to get a wholesale hook up and can now do them at £360 delivered, UK only.

s5000043zk2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom