PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I understand your point but i don't fully agree with that, if a defender is too tight to an attacker most of the game and gets turned, he will eventually give space and the first image example isn't the best example, its very close to when he passes the ball and defender moves (Mane one i think).

2nd image with Lovren is a bit more odd though as when the ball is crossed in, he comes to a full stop immediately and then continues to move and looks unnatural. I just need to try this out for myself and see how responsive the defending is and animations and how fluid or non-fluid they are. time will tell really.

The logic behind Bartra backing off and running away is the problem. It's inexcusable. He has plenty of coverage from his CB, who remains goal-side. Instead, he runs away, and provides zero pressure on Mane'.

Here's how you can translate it...

Realism:

The role of the LB in this case is to put pressure on the ball carrier. Especially the likes of Dortmund players. There is nothing but daylight in front of Mane', who has the choice to play the ball anywhere. Dortmund's defense is built on suffocating options. In this instance, it is completely against the mentality of common football sense, let alone Dortmund's suffocating pressure.

Function (why it relates to a video game):

If I was Liverpool and the CPU did that to me, I would feel like that was a charity opportunity. I would feel like that should not have happened, and I would know that all this talk about Team ID, player ID, means nothing when there is zero pressure on my dangerous player. Zero pressure = zero challenge = give me a harder difficulty + hope it means the CPU doesn't cheat as a result.

As usual the best for me is to wait and see if the space defenders leave is just because of tactics (you can see they are always activated, don't know why), because of the human player behaviour or it's a real flaw of the game. I can see why people would be concerned and i support them to make @officialpes aware that we see something wrong with positioning (like @Matt10 did) in these videos, but i really would wait before having a definitive opinion.

But those shots are always too powerful, just like in Pes 2017. Can't we have a little more floaty shots because of the wrong foot-ball contact?
it could be player abilities are screwed up. I noticed most are at 80 for a lot of players. I edited mine and see difference in players now.

Here's a little something that could be fed back if it's still in 2018.

The CPU heating problem in PS4 in menus (fan running like crazy) is due to uncapped FPS in menus. The same problem is in MGS V (same engine?) and early versions of some other games.

Could someone tweet this to the team if the problem persists. Thanks!

Haven't read anything to the contrary so am I right in thinking editing for the Xbox One version is going to be the same as last year ? Unable to have a proper option file like on PS4 and no sponsors / logos etc.

Haven't read anything to the contrary so am I right in thinking editing for the Xbox One version is going to be the same as last year ? Unable to have a proper option file like on PS4 and no sponsors / logos etc.
Adam has said that this is down to the way that Microsoft lock down file data on the Xbox, so as far as we know, it will be the same.

This is probably a very silly post, but nevertheless, speaking about option files...

I will buy the legendary edition because there will be an USB-stick included. Will it be an empty USB-stick...most certainly it will, but you never know...if you get my drift.

This is probably a very silly post, but nevertheless, speaking about option files...

I will buy the legendary edition because there will be an USB-stick included. Will it be an empty USB-stick...most certainly it will, but you never know...if you get my drift.
Reading your comment I searched for the LE and GameStop.de has it too. There is also a PES watch you can get (as long as in stock) when preordering.
I have a PES scarf, PES ball, PES cap... a watch is missing. :) so maybe... :D
https://www.gamestop.de/PS4/Games/44927

Last edited:

I really want to get the legendary edition, always been a big fan of steelbook editions, but having to get it from Game here in the UK is such a drag. Gah, I can't stand that store.

SimplyGames have always been great at delivering the game at least 2 days early usually.

Adam has said that this is down to the way that Microsoft lock down file data on the Xbox, so as far as we know, it will be the same.

I'm an extremely old school PES player (go back to ISS on PS1) but this really puts me off buying the game, just looks a bit rubbish in this day and age to have unauthentic kits. I play Don Bradman Cricket on Xbox One and that allows the community to share logos, kits etc cross-platform so it's a real shame there can't be something similar in PES.

I'm an extremely old school PES player (go back to ISS on PS1) but this really puts me off buying the game, just looks a bit rubbish in this day and age to have unauthentic kits. I play Don Bradman Cricket on Xbox One and that allows the community to share logos, kits etc cross-platform so it's a real shame there can't be something similar in PES.
Yeah, I'll hold my hands up and say that if I couldn't edit everything to look official, I'd probably not play the game either. Superficial stuff I realise, but it's a lot more satisfying when it's authentic.

I've been begging for PES to have a system like you mention for years - to apply option files you're back-and-forth to a PC, but if you could access them without one, and without having to USB-stick everything, it'd not only be 10x easier, but it'd mean more people were willing to give PES a chance...

I still prefer PES's gameplay over FIFA's but sadly for me the difference isn't big enough to compensate for PES's shortcomings in the kit department. Sure if I was on PS4 I'd play PES but it's almost not a contest on Xbox One - has to be FIFA really. Like you say, I'm sure if there were better / easier editing options then more people would be willing to give PES a go.

Yeah, I'll hold my hands up and say that if I couldn't edit everything to look official, I'd probably not play the game either. Superficial stuff I realise, but it's a lot more satisfying when it's authentic.

I've been begging for PES to have a system like you mention for years - to apply option files you're back-and-forth to a PC, but if you could access them without one, and without having to USB-stick everything, it'd not only be 10x easier, but it'd mean more people were willing to give PES a chance...

Of course. And not just you, but the whole world would cease playing PES without the option import Badges/Kits/Etc.
All the more reasons why Konami should definetely find a way to make it even easier to Export/Import/Share these editions accross all platforms.

I've already said this but I think there should be some kind of file name + team ID association.
So if you copy a certain file type with a certain file name to a USB Stick, once you load it in PES, it should automatically apply the correct logos/kits/whatever to the right team.

For example, if Bayern Munich Team ID in PES was: 001, Konami should provide that Team list ID, and the correct strings for us to name the files:

Team-001-Kit-Home.png
Team-001-Kit-GK-Home.png
Team-001-Logo.png

You get the point.
But all this information should come FROM KONAMI! Of course they couldn't put it as "Bayern Munich" in the list, but they can call it the same way it is in PES and we would know it's Bayern Munich.

This way, we can do all the work on our PCs and then copy everything to a USB Stick, and once loaded in PS4 or XBOX or PC, the game should detect and load everything for every team. All at once. Automatically. And then store it.

Last edited:
Please guys, remember this Beta is not the Demo. It's only for Konami to test Online and improve it for the Full Game Release. I won't be able to test it since I don't own a PS4 or a XBOX ONE but it's important that those who will bare that in mind at all times, because I would like Konami to keep doing this next year, not to regret it because people didn't get waht the Beta was all about.

It's impossible not to test gameplay though. Yes the final release may be different, but grow up guys. It will be 95% the same as the version will play tomorrow. So yes, i'll test online reliability, but gameplay quality too.

Beta version is mainly for online game performance testing.
Judging the game tomorrow will be misleading, let's wait for the demo version first.

Beta version is mainly for online game performance testing.
Judging the game tomorrow will be misleading, let's wait for the demo version first.

Of course i'll wait the demo for my final decision (90% i'll buy the game btw). I just say that tomorrow version wont be far different from what we'll play at September.

I've only played PES online once, and it was PES 2016. It was unplayable due to the lag. Are things better with PES 2017?

I'll try the beta anyways, but I hope it works better for me this time.

I'm not saying you can't judge the gameplay. What I'm saying is: Don't start World War 3 if there are bugs. Remember this Beta is E3 Build which already had some bugs and Konami is aware of that. Don't report gameplay bugs. Only Connection/Stability/Performance Issues.

Last edited:
I'm not saying you can't judge the gameplay. What I'm saying is that don't start World War 3 if there are bugs. Remember this Beta is E3 Build which already had some bugs.

I don't mind bugs cause i know many of them will be sorted out (hopfully) in the final game. I'm talking about, passing-shooting-collision system and gameplay general feeling mostly.

I'm not saying you can't judge the gameplay. What I'm saying is: Don't start World War 3 if there are bugs. Remember this Beta is E3 Build which already had some bugs and Konami is aware of that. Don't report gameplay bugs. Only Connection/Stability/Performance Issues.

i don't agree (except about star WW3) , why we can't said what we think? Even if is just the E3 build, they are touchy to have more feedback?
If we can judge that only about online stuff what sense have to release this beta?

i don't agree (except about star WW3) , why we can't said what we think? Even if is just the E3 build, they are touchy to have more feedback?
If we can judge that only about online stuff what sense have to release this beta?

I mean of course we can discuss it here. But I don't think Adam/PES TEAM will be receiving feedback regarding anything else other than ONLINE TESTING.

im not a mod, or admin or whatever... just a regular user.
that said, its going to cause some trouble i guess... oh boy.

please, community, whatever your beta impressions are: be civilized!

its like always but i see some dark clouds at the horizon... i hope im wrong!
we all dont want this thread to get closed again!!

Back
Top Bottom