PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

:JAY:

ZDHke2Qt.jpg

Ahahaha

It's because they made the field bigger, and players smaller. So you would see more space. I'm against this tbh.

I think that can be 'fixed' with closer and lower camera settings similar to what @curdstar uses. I have started using these settings on PES2017 and it makes the pitch tighter. The opposite is the 'blimp' camera which makes the pitch look huge!

quite a few people on twitter that have played the game say the same thing, you need to to re learn how to defend, time your pressing, cos it leaves massive gaps as you can see when its player vs player, and thats good, cos i wanna punish those pressure whores online, also when i saw player was AI, space wasnt that easy, bottom line cant assume what the game will be like when watching player vs player especially if they dont know how to play the game.
there should be a penalty for pressure / speed passing whores, like more stamina drain. At end of 30min games i still see to much stamina in 2017. It should have more impact on your players.

there should be a penalty for pressure / speed passing whores, like more stamina drain. At end of 30min games i still see to much stamina in 2017. It should have more impact on your players.

Matt10 put forward a great idea that a sprint bar should be introduced . .if a player runs full pelt up the pitch he won't be able to do it again until his bar refills ... .it would stop the constant charging up and down.

A great video . .the pace of the game was perfect in this match .. .the passing was excellent . . looked like it was played on manual.
there is too.much space for the second goal scored by coutinho, in no way any real football game would have space for the pass to go through from the far side diagonally into the attacker legs and through on goal, well maybe i have to get my expectations down and treat the game as a game, the only 1 vid i like about the game is the one dortmund vs athletico madrid at camp.nou, its called play an exciting draw on youtube, thats the only vid i where i find pace and passing speed to be nice

Yes there is too much space for the second goal scored by Coutinho. But this certainly happens in real football games.
Like i laready said, every goal in real football is the result of a defensive error if you look at it with enough hindsight.

If you follow the (almost death) football threads on this forum you would very often see that people post about goals that would be criticised in PES.

Every famous goal is bad defending with hindsight (Maradonna's second against England for example, why wasn't he fouled? Bad defending!).

I'm pretty sure you don't analyse real football matches the way you analyse those PES clips.

Matt10 put forward a great idea that a sprint bar should be introduced . .if a player runs full pelt up the pitch he won't be able to do it again until his bar refills ... .it would stop the constant charging up and down.
Yeah I have been banging on about this for years as well, similar to NBA 2k stamina related of course so the players with Box to box style can last longer and recover quicker.

Have to consider that it won't happen because it will make people stop holding down the sprint button for 90mins. In the age of the millennials this won't be deemed acceptable.

They could also turn it in their own favour though: players with the 'box-to-box' trait should be just a few (only the real box-to-box players in real life) and also scouts allowing you to sign one of them in MyClub should be absolutely rare.
This would make the impatient millennials resort to micro-transactions to afford one of those scouts earlier.
So, millennials could still have their 'box-to-box' players and Konami would be richer.

The only downside? It could convince Konami to invest even more on MyClub and even less on ML. :((

Couldn't bear watching all of that. Every single pass dead flat along the grass yet again, not a hint of bobbling or a slight chip off the ground.

I'm out.

Hmmm, you sure? That video isn´t a good one to judge but even there I saw a few bobbles.
Passing physics are better than in PES 2015 at least. That was one of the big reasons why I couldn´t play that game.

Yes there is too much space for the second goal scored by Coutinho. But this certainly happens in real football games.
Like i laready said, every goal in real football is the result of a defensive error if you look at it with enough hindsight.

If you follow the (almost death) football threads on this forum you would very often see that people post about goals that would be criticised in PES.

Every famous goal is bad defending with hindsight (Maradonna's second against England for example, why wasn't he fouled? Bad defending!).

I'm pretty sure you don't analyse real football matches the way you analyse those PES clips.

I see it the same way.
I respect every opinion here, but to be honest I kind of overlook any post about positioning, even I understand where you are coming from.

Played PES 2017 a couple of days ago and scored wonderful goals on full manual.
One was with Micheal Owen who took a cross volley...that looked so beautiful. He was surrounded by defenders but I didn´t check their running directions or positions etc., I just loved how my attacking combinations worked.

Of course...I wouldn´t like it if there would have been obvious wide open gaps, but there weren´t...at least not the way I saw it.

I see it like gerd...most of all nice goals are results of bad defending, bad positioning...these games happen.

In here, Boateng - a world class defender looked absolutely stupid...

giphy.gif

It´s real, but yeah...if this happened ALL THE TIME in the game I´d yell at my monitor too.
Plus, positioning of the other defenders has been bad as well.

If it´s not totally out of balance and too much extreme in a bad way, I´m fine with it.

Also, man marking works quite well in PES 2017 and I´m sure in 2018 too.

As usual the best for me is to wait and see if the space defenders leave is just because of tactics (you can see they are always activated, don't know why), because of the human player behaviour or it's a real flaw of the game. I can see why people would be concerned and i support them to make @officialpes aware that we see something wrong with positioning (like @Matt10 did) in these videos, but i really would wait before having a definitive opinion.

But those shots are always too powerful, just like in Pes 2017. Can't we have a little more floaty shots because of the wrong foot-ball contact?

Last edited:

and another new vid.
what i like about that video: these defending header (after a cross) inside the penalty area that go up, but not far away, come down and players jump again in a battle to get the second ball from air. looks different (more often) to me than in 2017.

edit: about that ball bobble on the ground: from 6:07 every of the 4 following passes has some bobble in it. hm...

Last edited:
Yeah I have been banging on about this for years as well, similar to NBA 2k stamina related of course so the players with Box to box style can last longer and recover quicker.

Have to consider that it won't happen because it will make people stop holding down the sprint button for 90mins. In the age of the millennials this won't be deemed acceptable.

I didn't know you mentioned this as well Zee. . .I'll make sure your name is there when the credits roll at the end of pes 2027.

As usual the best for me is to wait and see if the space defenders leave is just because of tactics (you can see they are always activated, don't know why), because of the human player behaviour or it's a real flaw of the game. I can see why people would be concerned and i support them to make @officialpes aware that we see something wrong with positioning (like @Matt10 did) in these videos, but i really would wait before having a definitive opinion.

But those shots are always too powerful, just like in Pes 2017. Can't we have a little more floaty shots because of the wrong foot-ball contact?

i'm almost sure that the midfield line is too hight in both teams, henderson in non possession phase is too much advanced (i bet my 2 cents that these scheme are not fluid) and in borussia midfield probably there no one that cover a DM role . BTW human vs human play is not a good test to understand the player disposal on the field...
and also see somewhere a gameplan would be nice...

Breaking news: EA got an exclusive license for Bundesliga match simulations until 2021/22.

SEGA and KONAMI only managed to aquire non exclusive licenses for Bundesliga manager simulations.

Doesn't FIFA have a stamina bar like this? I don't think it actually works (damn millennials) but I remember it at least half working back in the days of 08 & 09.

thx for the link. makes it all so much easier! ;)

hm... so nothing changed license wise. i wasnt even expecting it...
anyways, as long as there are OF's....

Disgusting.

I thought both EA and Konami would have the Bundesliga license this year but...no...again. I think I'm done with PES.
The lack of Bundesliga is a major problem and even with option files there are still flaws that can't be overcome (like real faces for players).

IMO Konami doesn't make any single effort to make this Bundesliga problem more easy to deal with. And I'm done dealing with it, definitely, option file or not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom