PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Does anyone know if when the game comes out you can play online VS people from different regions, eg UK vs USA?
I've read that 2017 was region locked but don't know the full details, and have asked on twitter but they never reply.

i liked to see that red card at 2:35!

Nice to see a red one, but the foul was not that harsh. But i guess it was considered a tackle from behind.
Did not like the way these guys played. Too much dribbling, end to end high speed attacking. I prefer the slower pass the ball around a lot more.
Still it's nice to see a new vid every now and then.

Nice to see a red one, but the foul was not that harsh. But i guess it was considered a tackle from behind.
Did not like the way these guys played. Too much dribbling, end to end high speed attacking. I prefer the slower pass the ball around a lot more.
Still it's nice to see a new vid every now and then.
i was just happy to see a red card! :D yeah... looks like an attack from behind (even it looks like he missed)!

Everything you need to know is explained on this picture:

DEs1bWpXcAE2IvX.jpg:large

Fixed.... :)

x6BOiG.png

Yeah I have to commend them for hosting an open beta too. The fact they've acknowledged that online is an area where they've been lacking in for years & are willing open the floor & stress test this before officially releasing & trying to workout how to please customers bettor release is really admirable.

Does anyone know what exactly we have access to in this Beta, can we only play online with the in game teams, fake teams with fake players or is it a my club thing?

I remember years back (maybe for PES13), there was a 11v11 online beta. That one was great

Further evidence midfield play doesn't exist in this game, so wide open

You're right but those guys also look terrible. All they did was pick up the ball and run/play a forward pass every time, losing the ball 95% of the time due to an individual error. Neither of them could defend either. 9:28 shows that - Brazil defender not containing. Dortmund player running back and forth, before eventually running off the pitch altogether.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if when the game comes out you can play online VS people from different regions, eg UK vs USA?
I've read that 2017 was region locked but don't know the full details, and have asked on twitter but they never reply.

Region locked.

It doesn't make sense not to be able to play with friends in online co-op in the beta. What will happen will be some idiots destroying the game with red cards and own goals.

For those who also play fifa online know that random draft matches in pro clubs most of the time are like this. I hope I am wrong. Probably if you and your friends are synchronized in searching for a match, maybe it's possible to be in the same team.

Couldn't bear watching all of that. Every single pass dead flat along the grass yet again, not a hint of bobbling or a slight chip off the ground.

I'm out.
There were a lot of videos with a lot of bobbling on passes, but there were others that most passes were flat on the floor. I wonder why is that.

That's some good news.

Considering that the 'catch-up bug' has never, ever been a bug, and has always been a core game-balancing feature (like scripting), this potentially isn't good news, if true (it probably isn't true). The last PES game that notably had the catch-up feature removed was PES2008 on PS3.

Considering that the 'catch-up bug' has never, ever been a bug, and has always been a core game-balancing feature (like scripting), this potentially isn't good news, if true (it probably isn't true). The last PES game that notably had the catch-up feature removed was PES2008 on PS3.

An absolute classic! :P

You're right but those guys also look terrible. All they did was pick up the ball and run/play a forward pass every time, losing the ball 95% of the time due to an individual error. Neither of them could defend either. 9:28 shows that - Brazil defender not containing. Dortmund player running back and forth, before eventually running off the pitch altogether.
agreed!
mostly all these videos shows same thing. Poor defending, fast passing, direct play. Can anyone defend ? No ones getting into passing lanes.

Last edited:
your right about that, catch-up bug, scripting and forcing you to run on rails. Is all do to lack of good AI programming to keep games competitive. Konami needs to get better programmers to make AI more aware. So they don't need to add these foolish things.

I agree that the "catch-up bug" was introduced to balance the game due to the lack of defensive awareness and AI however we are at a stage where we should have a solid defensive AI who will be able to counter pacey players by blocking their lane of running/positioning, sliding tackle, pushing/shoving or just plain fouling. That's what happens in real life when dealing with pacey players like Hazard, Sanchez, Aubameyang, Bale, Ronaldo, Messi, etc. They get fouled a lot due to their pace. However I don't think they should keep the "catch-up bug". They should balance the game by improving the defense in general especially with the AI and aggression. WE9LE did it well and it didn't have any catch-up bug.

This. This has proved that there's no midfield play if the people playing spend the whole time sprinting out of position like idiots. I watched about a minute of that vid and quit out cos I knew it would have nothing for me. I want to see someone try to play with a solid midfield and fail because the game won't cater for them, before I get pissed off.

There were a lot of videos with a lot of bobbling on passes, but there were others that most passes were flat on the floor. I wonder why is that.
It's mostly representative of the difficulty of the pass and the ability of the players. You'll see a lot of bobble when players are stretching to pass the ball, or when they're trying to play a 90+ degree pass. You also see it for stronger passes. You definitely see it for flicking passes up a bit to stop a defender sticking a foot out to block the ball.

But by and large, for basic interplay where a player is well positioned to make a short/medium range pass with their stronger foot, they will pass along the floor. They need to add a bit more, and add more natural swerve to make it feel more organic. But it's all in there - we need to play 2018 and then let Konami what specifically they need more of and when.

Further evidence midfield play doesn't exist in this game, so wide open
quite a few people on twitter that have played the game say the same thing, you need to to re learn how to defend, time your pressing, cos it leaves massive gaps as you can see when its player vs player, and thats good, cos i wanna punish those pressure whores online, also when i saw player was AI, space wasnt that easy, bottom line cant assume what the game will be like when watching player vs player especially if they dont know how to play the game.

Back
Top Bottom