PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Agree on the cheating ai. I mean if I had to rewind some of the goals the AI scored to try and stop the goal it would still be impossible.

Even yesterday against Madrid three passes between Casimero, Marcelo and Benzema barely touched the ground and no chance to close down and I was picking the ball out of the net.

On another game they scored from 3 corners despite me knowing exactly where they were going luckily I won 4-3 but it's atrocious.

If I look at how Madrid won last season - the shocking refereeing in LA Liga and UCL, big fat chunks of luck literally gifted them trophies last year so I suppose it's "allowed" but the way pes is scripted it hands any team the God key depending on your situation and that is horribly wrong.

I don't understand why the tight fit kit option are not available
It's only for licenced teams in PES 2018, but no more for edition, it would be perfect for unlicenced Puma and Kappa teams

PES 2011
14m9o2q.jpg

The post patch game reminds me a little of how responsive and fluid the older pes games used to feel, almost like Pes 6. variety in each game is more evident than before

I've now started using advanced shooting and scored some great goals not possible on basic. Still getting used to it, I hope it's not broken like previous editions.

Funnily enough, playing on -2 now feels slower to me than when I first tried the game post patch, but I haven't put the speed back up because the game has a sort of an ISS-like quality to it, which I really like.

Funnily enough, playing on -2 now feels slower to me than when I first tried the game post patch, but I haven't put the speed back up because the game has a sort of an ISS-like quality to it, which I really like.

The pitch still makes a big difference speed wise, conditions, grass etc, I’ve experienced the same.

On a different note just had 9 fouls against me against Sunderland, kicked the shit out of me, but also shielding the ball, using R2 drew a lot of niggly fouls that went punished.

Nice to see the CPU attacking through the middle rather than that wing play crap. Still too many perfect one-touch passes for Professional.

And I miss the horrendous first touches from the lesser players and defenders like we had in PES 10.

Hey guys i barley post here, but i am reading your posts almost everyday and i am playing PES (ISS) since the SNES days.

My opinion after patch:

- There are definitely more fouls, still had some matches with 0, but overall they increased ´em. I even had 4 or 5 promising free kick positions since then (however no goal :D )
- Games feels tighter, player are less sluggish now
- Passing got better/easier and a bit too fast in my opinion, but simultaneously the defenders react better to split passes
- The Cpu spam less through balls, but it still exsists
- Cursor switching doubtlessly improved

All in all the game would feel really great now IF:

the A.I cheating in the ML wouldn´t be so obvious, which destroyed my immersion tonight.
I know all the tricks: supercancel all the way, holding back, waiting for the moment to press, cutting pass lines...
nevertheless i know when the goal from the CPU is coming and still have no chance to stop it.
The problem is not, that i cannot stand to concede - the problem is that it feels still very forced an cheap.
The scripting makes me mad.

Actually i dont feel the CPU scores this kind of goals in friendlys or versus - the game feels absoulutley sublime here,
but I do not want to play friendlys all the time.

I play my pre patch ML Savegame on 12 min and Superstar, PA 1. I play on PS4.

Should i drop on Top Player? Manual? I assume, that the CPU on Top Player wont be challenging?
Is the scripting in League Mode, also that blatant? Maybe i should give that a try.

Thanks in advance and Cheers!

Start on Professional, if you find it too easy just move one step forward

Hey guys i barley post here, but i am reading your posts almost everyday and i am playing PES (ISS) since the SNES days.

My opinion after patch:

- There are definitely more fouls, still had some matches with 0, but overall they increased ´em. I even had 4 or 5 promising free kick positions since then (however no goal :D )
- Games feels tighter, player are less sluggish now
- Passing got better/easier and a bit too fast in my opinion, but simultaneously the defenders react better to split passes
- The Cpu spam less through balls, but it still exsists
- Cursor switching doubtlessly improved

All in all the game would feel really great now IF:

the A.I cheating in the ML wouldn´t be so obvious, which destroyed my immersion tonight.
I know all the tricks: supercancel all the way, holding back, waiting for the moment to press, cutting pass lines...
nevertheless i know when the goal from the CPU is coming and still have no chance to stop it.
The problem is not, that i cannot stand to concede - the problem is that it feels still very forced an cheap.
The scripting makes me mad.

Actually i dont feel the CPU scores this kind of goals in friendlys or versus - the game feels absoulutley sublime here,
but I do not want to play friendlys all the time.

I play my pre patch ML Savegame on 12 min and Superstar, PA 1. I play on PS4.

Should i drop on Top Player? Manual? I assume, that the CPU on Top Player wont be challenging?
Is the scripting in League Mode, also that blatant? Maybe i should give that a try.

Thanks in advance and Cheers!

Playing on Superstar you're just asking for trouble. It has to come with the territory.

For me it’s not about trying to beat the highest difficulty level, it’s finding the right balance that reproduces the most realism.

For all this years great points, most noticeably the vastly improved Zero Assist passing mechanics across all levels, they have gone backwards on the team individuality tactical play. Which is a shame as they had that nailed.

Typical Konami.

After watching what Bhatti has achieved over these years, always makes me think, “What if..?!”

I’d have loved to have input on the highest level with my baby that is PES.

Last edited:
B
Playing on Superstar you're just asking for trouble. It has to come with the territory.

For me it’s not about trying to beat the highest difficulty level, it’s finding the right balance that reproduces the most realism.

For all this years great points, most noticeably the vastly improved Zero Assist passing mechanics across all levels, they have gone backwards on the team individuality tactical play. Which is a shame as they had that nailed.

Typical Konami.

After watching what Bhatti has achieved over these years, always makes me think, “What if..?!”

I’d have loved to have input on the highest level with my baby that is PES.

But which difficulty is that? TP?

Playing ML in Serie B against opponents that kan play tiki taka isnt that realistic for me.

Its correct. They lost something that was a core competence

with the new patch for sure the gameplay is improved, but the def line is totally broken... just try to watch some sim match with blimp camera and pay attention to the def line when the team is 'in possession' ... neither in a Italian 'Catenaccio' center back retreat in this foolish way...

EDIT jsut check the next video (first 2 second) , you can see the CB on the bottom of the screen that start to retreat when the team adavance

Last edited:
And I miss the horrendous first touches from the lesser players and defenders like we had in PES 10.

So after saying that, I’ve just witnessed what seems to be the first real horrendous first-touch by the CPU. The irony is that it was from arguably (and certainly in my opinion) the worlds most in-form player- Kevin De Bruyne....

(This definitely wasn’t a pass, poor control, as you see him trying to retrieve it before realising it’s heading towards his team-mate)

Last edited:
Actually i really dont like zero passing. Im always find myself play with short passes..

Is TP just as bad as SS?

This years Zero is the best yet, and just add more power, or hold R2 for the slower controlled more accurate passes.

Zero makes you slow your game down which in turn effects how the CPU plays, certainly on lower difficulty levels.

So after saying that, I’ve just witnessed what seems to be the first real horrendous first-touch by the CPU. The irony is that it was from arguably (and certainly in my opinion) the worlds most in-form player- Kevin De Bruyne.... :lol:

(This definitely wasn’t a pass, poor control, as you see him trying to retrieve it before realising it’s heading towards his team-mate)

should be a rebound, not a pass, but I understood what you mean..

People you know me know my favourite button on PES has always been R2, it does so much when it comes to controlled technique variations, many of which are never disclosed in the controls section.

The R2 Controlled Pass with X is the perfect example, but just wondered if people were aware of the R2 standing controlled tackle ? Pressing R2 in close range to tackle is great for ‘nicking the ball’ with composed finesse and results in very few, if any fouls, as opposed to double tap of X and that stabbed foot in challenge that can get blown for.

Try it....

Here is one I’ve just pulled off...

I tried passing with r2 and x but ended up with a pass and run, what's the technique?

If you play on Zero Assist you will notice it more, even more so in previous versions where you could mis-place a stupidly easy angled 5 yard pass.

Try passing with X, then try holding R2 and X, the pace of the pass is slower and more accurate, almost like an assisted pass but without the pace.

Also, I always hold R2 and X to flick the ball on if the pass is played in the air, you get a cushioned more accurate passes, and also acrobatic style flicks, touches. I’ve posted a lot of videos of this including the Scorpion Side Pass which was achieved using the R2 and X first touch finesse pass. You will see animations you would never usually see using this method.

Watch the video and see how the player is already adjusting his position to pull off this pass, animation. It’s already in motion before it reaches him, because I activated it, otherwise he’d be ready to trap and control it.

Here is another.....

Last edited:
Well for me it hasnt clicked this year, so far. Last years game was very good. Maybe its the lack of development. Cant really figure it out at the moment.

Maybe it is the lack of difference between the team i am meeting. Also i find it harder to feel a difference between my own players.
Normally these two things were big reasons to prefer PES.

Well for me it hasnt clicked this year, so far. Last years game was very good. Maybe its the lack of development. Cant really figure it out at the moment.

Maybe it is the lack of difference between the team i am meeting. Also i find it harder to feel a difference between my own players.
Normally these two things were big reasons to prefer PES.

It will click, even with its annoyances, there is some incredible replication of the Beautiful Game to be found.

I always feel changing little things of my own game and trying new things always reaps the benefits.

Anyone playing ML has to buy this player, a DMF, easily my favourite player on the game so far. He’s one of those hidden gems who has a special stat increase when played, and maybe even more so when I’d made him captain.

He runs my midfield ala Kante, he bosses the game, he’s irreplacable for me. A monster with a ridiculous engine.

He’s called S.ASCACIBAR. Go find him.

He’s certainly not known for his shooting, and has hit Row Z on a few occasions. But he has two goals for me, and my lord, they maybe my two best goals on this PES to date.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom