PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Can`t you just make your desktop resolution to be the same as the DSR one and still play the game with DSR on and without the bug ?
It can be done. But its not a convenient process. And the game worked fine before. So these kind of solutions are just temporary solution. But I think I know the reason why his game is bugged out.

As soon as I'll be back home I'll try mate, thanks!

EDIT: No luck for me, just gets stuck...

As you can see I try Alt+f4 too, no luck, it's just random.

Hey, I just saw you bug. Your screen is flickering.
Looks like it's the issue that I faced when I used Resolutions having weird aspect ration.

Would you tell me what resolution you're playing at?

If you selected a resolution that has weird aspect ratio [That is, if it's ratio can't be simplified] then the game will have the black screen flickering issue.

unknown.png

^ That's my DSR resolutions. The ones I marked Green works in PES 18 and you can see that its aspect ratio is simplified.

But red marked resolutions like 2494x1559 can't be simplified [It's aspect ratio itself is 2494x1559] and these resolutions caused black screen flickering on my PC.

Hmm, try other resolutions and see if it works now. At first I thought your game would totally blackout [Which was happening to me after Windows Update]. But looks like I had different problem [Which I solved with cahanging DPI scaling in properties].

Let me know if it works for you now.

It can be done. But its not a convenient process. And the game worked fine before. So these kind of solutions are just temporary solution. But I think I know the reason why his game is bugged out.

Hey, I just saw you bug. Your screen is flickering.
Looks like it's the issue that I faced when I used Resolutions having weird aspect ration.

Would you tell me what resolution you're playing at?

If you selected a resolution that has weird aspect ratio [That is, if it's ratio can't be simplified] then the game will have the black screen flickering issue.

unknown.png

^ That's my DSR resolutions. The ones I marked Green works in PES 18 and you can see that its aspect ratio is simplified.

But red marked resolutions like 2494x1559 can't be simplified [It's aspect ratio itself is 2494x1559] and these resolutions caused black screen flickering on my PC.

Hmm, try other resolutions and see if it works now. At first I thought your game would totally blackout [Which was happening to me after Windows Update]. But looks like I had different problem [Which I solved with cahanging DPI scaling in properties].

Let me know if it works for you now.
My DSR resolution is 2049x1152, this can be simplified?

People.... better start backing up your PES 2018 folder (and your Documents/Konami/Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 folder as well) just in case. Do it now or regret it later!

You've been warned!
:D

People.... better start backing up your PES 2018 folder (and your Documents/Konami/Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 folder as well) just in case. Do it now or regret it later!

You've been warned!
:D

Or better yet folks, set your Steam clients NOT to update the PES 2018 game automatically :D That is, until you actually decide to start the game. Should give you plenty of time to backup everything you need :)

Is the gameplay patch really included in this update? I played 3 matches and the imprecise players cursor/switching problem is still there... yeah, it's better but not as precise as in PES 15/16/17.

Last edited:
Patch is out indeed!
And, as expected, option files, DpFileList and Nesa's tool aren't working.

Played 3 matches and 0 fouls.
Player switching feels a bit improved.
Disappointed so far. Oh, and no Exterior View for Emirates Stadium...

Last edited:
I am not surprised that this gameplay has less impact than we expect
not many hype around the dlc from konami this time and I think they know that this gameplay patch doesn't impact much

Not sure how to feel about the free version . They are trying to increase the amount of players but I pre ordered this game and I am playing MyClub only and now that is free........I hope they will make some restrictions on the free version or some bonuses to the ones who paid for it .

This is the 3rd year in a row when they launch a free “lite” edition that focuses on my club and of course milking money from microtransactions.

Now you ask for restrictions just because you bought the full game to end up playing My Club only? Really?!

This attitude of yours kinda pisses me off. If u wanted to play my club only you should’ve been waiting for the lite version instead of whining now like a spoiled child.

I bought PES on both PC and PS4 and im not crying on the forums about the lite version.

@johnnyusa2k3 it didnt care anyone if you are crying or not and for what platforms you have buy it.

the point is, that people who buy the game for myclub felt pissed! if konami had announced a lite version on release day of the full version, thats ok but this not the state of the art. its all about the information, not more not less !

@elloco, like i’ve said, this is the 3rd year in a row when such version is presented by KONAMI. People should know what to expect and dont be ignorant.

No, you’re not entitled to whine about it since you knew it was coming.

it was coming... when ? October 2017 ? November 2017? March 2018 ??

dude, i say it again, it is nothing wrong with a "Free" "trail" or whatever Version but the lack of information is a problem.

we waited 2 months for a gameplaypatch cause that game had some real problems - Konami was never on a pro level in terms of informations or quick reaction.

and 40-50€ is a lot of money for some people !

Konami sucks when comes to PR and stuff, we all know it. But don't blame players or ask for restrictions just because Konami didn't give you a launch date for the LiTE version. If I recall, this happened in the past years also so you must deal with it.

You bought a full game with no restriction and nothing locked and that's for 50-60E, those with LiTE edition have restrictions already. You really don't see how ridiculous is what u imply and whine about?

Konami sucks when comes to PR and stuff, we all know it. But don't blame players or ask for restrictions just because Konami didn't give you a launch date for the LiTE version. If I recall, this happened in the past years also so you must deal with it.

You bought a full game with no restriction and nothing locked and that's for 50-60E, those with LiTE edition have restrictions already. You really don't see how ridiculous is what u imply and whine about?

Put a line under this spat now as its getting repetitive & boring, no one wins but You both want to persist & hog the thread with pointless arguing or trying for the last word.
Just stop.

Anyone know whether the patch also updates pes 2018 folder content in "my document" folder one.. like edit.bin etc..

I only copy the updated file on the main game folder to bring it back home..

If yes, would someone kindly upload them. many thanks.

This is the 3rd year in a row when they launch a free “lite” edition that focuses on my club and of course milking money from microtransactions.

Now you ask for restrictions just because you bought the full game to end up playing My Club only? Really?!

This attitude of yours kinda pisses me off. If u wanted to play my club only you should’ve been waiting for the lite version instead of whining now like a spoiled child.

I bought PES on both PC and PS4 and im not crying on the forums about the lite version.

Mate , take some pills and get some sleep . How the hell I know if there will be a free version ? As a customer I have every right to want restrictions or bonuses compared to the free guys . I do not care if you do not care about that free version . This is a forum and I am expressing my point of view . If you cannot come here and discuss like an adult , do not even post .

Mate , take some pills and get some sleep . How the hell I know if there will be a free version ? As a customer I have every right to want restrictions or bonuses compared to the free guys . I do not care if you do not care about that free version . This is a forum and I am expressing my point of view . If you cannot come here and discuss like an adult , do not even post .
The exact same thing happened in previous years... If this was the very first year this happened, you may have a point (not really), but it's not.

The restriction on the Lite version is no ML, BaL, Divisions, Co-Op etc etc... That you choose to only play MyClub is your prerogative.

MyClub is basically a F2P, P2W/grindy game mode in a full price game anyway (same as FUT), them giving it away for free makes sense when whales and people with gambling problems will throw £100s or £1000s at them per year.

Back
Top Bottom