PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

What make of TV do you have mate? For example, I have a 4k Sony Bravia, to get 3840x2160p@60hz I need to go to the HDMI settings on my TV, and in the TV options I need to choose "Enhanced" HDMI mode to enable RGB 4:4:4 3840x2160p@60hz. It's only 30hz unless I enable this setting, I know that LG 4k tv's have a similar setting too. Maybe your TV has something similar? You also need to make sure you are connecting your 1080ti to your TV with a High Speed 18Gbps or higher HDMI cable. Bog standard HDMI cables, can't carry the bandwidth required for UHD res@60hz.

Yeah, mine's LG 43UH6500.
And yes mate, it does come with an option called something like HDMI ULTRA DEEP COLOR (or something like that), but if I enable that and then set the TV at 60hz through NCP, I lose the signal. The TV starts showing the usual message it shows when you select a HDMI input which has no HDMI connected to it.

I should try changing the HDMI cable I think.

What make of TV do you have mate? For example, I have a 4k Sony Bravia, to get 3840x2160p@60hz I need to go to the HDMI settings on my TV, and in the TV options I need to choose "Enhanced" HDMI mode to enable RGB 4:4:4 3840x2160p@60hz. It's only 30hz unless I enable this setting, I know that LG 4k tv's have a similar setting too. Maybe your TV has something similar? You also need to make sure you are connecting your 1080ti to your TV with a High Speed 18Gbps or higher HDMI cable. Bog standard HDMI cables, can't carry the bandwidth required for UHD res@60hz.
Im going to try this

There are horrible cheaters trending in co-ops Clans mode that kill this mode for me...
The first is that, somehow when we score or leading, the connection is lost and the game is not counting .. tonight we finish just 1 game from 8th tries and that game finish because we lose.
The second trend is that players play alone with AI, make horrible lag that makes impossible for you to play, then you have just 3 options.. for a miracle , to quit or to fight for a tie but that is impossible.

Yes chuny, mi Nvidia GTX 1050 TI only suppport 1920x1080 60fps, but try with bordeless gaming program, 3840x2160 in mode windows and you wil see every is ok , game to 60fps 4k

I googled it and it's not for free anymore? I have to pay 4 USD? It used to be freeware.

Thank you! But right after I posted I ended up getting it from here: https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases It's Version 9.4.9, I think it's the lastest one.

Anyways... To update my situation, today I bought a new certified 2.0 HDMI cable and now I can set my TV to clone my PC at 60hz, however I'm getting screen tearing.

upload_2017-11-4_19-35-18.png

upload_2017-11-4_19-35-31.png

upload_2017-11-4_19-35-43.png

With or without Borderless Gaming I'm getting screen tearing on my 4K TV.

Thank you! But right after I posted I ended up getting it from here: https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases It's Version 9.4.9, I think it's the lastest one.

Anyways... To update my situation, today I bought a new certified 2.0 HDMI cable and now I can set my TV to clone my PC at 60hz, however I'm getting screen tearing.

View attachment 2029

View attachment 2030

View attachment 2031

With or without Borderless Gaming I'm getting screen tearing on my 4K TV.
Force Vsync on from NVCP

But I can't foce VSync only for my TV. If I do that, whenever I want to play it only through my PC monitor I would have to manually set it the way I have set it now (G-Sync mode).

Unless there's some way or tool to set V-Sync on/off for primary and secondary screen individually.

Must say happy what pc version can achieve now.. scoreboard + tv logo, adboards, kits, ball, turf, reshade :D Really good stuff from evo-web community

You forgot to mention the most important thing in my honest opinion: CAMERAS! Specially the spectacular job Nesa has done on disabling the close-cuts of the Live Broadcasting Camera.

BTW has anyone been able to fix the issue with Reshade (the weird flash light)?.

I can't wait for Tuni to add compatibility for 32.32.32.32 ARGB DDS file format to his FMOD Converter Tool. We won't need ReShade ever again!

And also... I might have missed something but as far as I know there are no full Turfs pack yet. Only color changes and a little bit of extra texture added by RainyNguyen. I hope we can figure out the rest though!

Only two months have gone by since PES was released and look how far we've come!. I just hope @juce kicks in with the rest of us soon. God know the things we can get if that happens.

Would also be nice if sxsxsx left his ego aside for a while and join in. He's very needed here. Specially this year.

HUGE BUG FOUND, THIS COULD BE THE END OF ONLINE FAIRPLAY!

Hello guys, there is a huge bug on PES 2018 PC version, since release date I had sporadic but mysteriously VOID matches both when winning and losing, let's say about 5-6 matches on more than 200 but nonetheless I had them. Basically if you use DSR with nVidia, and for whatever reason your game goes to the desktop for a third party software or if a notification appears, the screen gets stuck and the match gets void!
What's new about that? YOUR courtesy rating doesn't get affected! Basically the game gets Void and there's no connection problem at all!
This could be the end of online fairplay, cheaters might be able to do whatever they want and do that on purpose to prevent defeat! I see AAA players with 79 to 100 consecutive wins, is that a coincidence???

GUYS, contact Konami to make them fix this problem!

HUGE BUG FOUND, THIS COULD BE THE END OF ONLINE FAIRPLAY!

Hello guys, there is a huge bug on PES 2018 PC version, since release date I had sporadic but mysteriously VOID matches both when winning and losing, let's say about 5-6 matches on more than 200 but nonetheless I had them. Basically if you use DSR with nVidia, and for whatever reason your game goes to the desktop for a third party software or if a notification appears, the screen gets stuck and the match gets void!
What's new about that? YOUR courtesy rating doesn't get affected! Basically the game gets Void and there's no connection problem at all!
This could be the end of online fairplay, cheaters might be able to do whatever they want and do that on purpose to prevent defeat! I see AAA players with 79 to 100 consecutive wins, is that a coincidence???

GUYS, contact Konami to make them fix this problem!

Yeah sure . I will call KONAMI on my phone and ask them to fix it . These kind of cheats exist any year .

EDIT : Your statement is not true at all , i just enabled my DSR , tried what you said and nothing happened .

Last edited:
Yeah sure . I will call KONAMI on my phone and ask them to fix it . These kind of cheats exist any year .
Man this bug can be dangerous also for non-cheaters, I just deactivated DSR for example, if for any reason your game gets minimized you get a Void match. And in my opinion, without DSR the game looks pretty bad in my case. That is pissing me off a bit.

EDIT : Your statement is not true at all , i just enabled my DSR , tried what you said and nothing happened .
So basically you went to windows ad your pc showed the desktop correctly?!!!
My game gets stuck in a black/game/black/game and can't do basically anything.
I honestly don't believe you are saying the truth, that can't be possible.

Edit: Make sure that your desktop res is different from the DSR one, my desk res is set to a different res compared to the one being used by the DSR.

Last edited:
How many people have You seen on the net reporting that?
Suggest You check Your setup.
Take it up with Konami team if it pisses You that much.

And please refrain from suggesting someone who responded in good faith is lying.

How many people have You seen on the net reporting that?
Suggest You check Your setup.
Take it up with Konami team if it pisses You that much.

And please refrain from suggesting someone who responded in good faith is lying.
So basically someone said to me even before I did that i lied, but you are only seeing what I said?

"EDIT : Your statement is not true at all , i just enabled my DSR , tried what you said and nothing happened."

What's the meaning of the bold statement apart from implying that what I said is not true?

Last edited:
Lets chill out , we will figure it out . My desk res is the same as the DSR maybe that is why I cannot recreate the bug . Will try it out this evening .

Yes, if your Desktop res is same as DSR, u wont get this issue.

It only happens when your desktop resolution is set to something like your native resolution [Which it should be else texts are blurry] and then when you minimize and revert back to game, the game fails to display the screen. Causing a black screen.

Yes, if your Desktop res is same as DSR, u wont get this issue.

It only happens when your desktop resolution is set to something like your native resolution [Which it should be else texts are blurry] and then when you minimize and revert back to game, the game fails to display the screen. Causing a black screen.
Last time my VPN software asked with a notification if I wanted to update my version and guess what? CAOS.
So honestly If I spend my money and for something like that I can risk my account (I don't know how they ban accounts, but for sure I had this problem 3 times), I get very pissed off.
That's why I asked you to email them where possible.

Guys, it's only my impression or, if you set your controller with DirectInput instead of XInput, the cursor change is better?

Last time my VPN software asked with a notification if I wanted to update my version and guess what? CAOS.
So honestly If I spend my money and for something like that I can risk my account (I don't know how they ban accounts, but for sure I had this problem 3 times), I get very pissed off.
That's why I asked you to email them where possible.

So You have a problem because You use a VPN client when playing the game, You are also not playing in Your monitors native resolution, and You would like ( after announcing this as a a major Konami bug that online is broken).everyone to mail Konami ?

I don't think so.

I can only reiterate my first post, after You have done having a go at me that You check your setup.

So You have a problem because You use a VPN client when playing the game, You are also not playing in Your monitors native resolution, and You would like ( after announcing this as a a major Konami bug that online is broken).everyone to mail Konami ?

DSR/VSR aka Downsampling has been a common thing for a long time now. Even Ps4 Pro and Xbox One X downsamples their games if you use a 1080p screen.

Bugs like this shouldn't happen with new games. And most importantly, this bug wasn't present when Konami first released PES 18.

Now it may not be PES 18's fault. It can be caused by Windows Update. Whatever the case is, this problem must be addressed. Now whether it affects the game for everyone is very subjective though. Many people aren't using DSR and they wont ace this issue.

Hopefully Konami fix this with their next patch. Playing without DSR makes the game look ugly.

I'm trying to check if its caused by Windows Update at the moment. Maybe there's a way to solve this.

DSR/VSR aka Downsampling has been a common thing for a long time now. Even Ps4 Pro and Xbox One X downsamples their games if you use a 1080p screen.

Bugs like this shouldn't happen with new games. And most importantly, this bug wasn't present when Konami first released PES 18.

Now it may not be PES 18's fault. It can be caused by Windows Update. Whatever the case is, this problem must be addressed. Now whether it affects the game for everyone is very subjective though. Many people aren't using DSR and they wont ace this issue.

Hopefully Konami fix this with their next patch. Playing without DSR makes the game look ugly.

I'm trying to check if its caused by Windows Update at the moment. Maybe there's a way to solve this.
Appreciate that buddy, you absolutely know what I'm talking about.

Okay, I was able to prevent black screen by right clicking on the .exe fine and going to Properties> Compability:

Override DPI scaling Behaviour: Application
Disable Full screen optimization : Checked

I guess its related to windows update. Or maybe both. Don't know if it will work for you.

Okay, I was able to prevent black screen by right clicking on the .exe fine and going to Properties> Compability:

Override DPI scaling Behaviour: Application
Disable Full screen optimization : Checked

I guess its related to windows update. Or maybe both. Don't know if it will work for you.
As soon as I'll be back home I'll try mate, thanks!

EDIT: No luck for me, just gets stuck...

As you can see I try Alt+f4 too, no luck, it's just random.

Last edited:
Can`t you just make your desktop resolution to be the same as the DSR one and still play the game with DSR on and without the bug ?

Can`t you just make your desktop resolution to be the same as the DSR one and still play the game with DSR on and without the bug ?
No mate, the desktop becomes unreadable, my monitor is quite small, everything would be blurred and even if I go back to my normal screen res all the icons are messed up.
No point if all the other games are fine.

Back
Top Bottom