PES 2018 BETA Discussion Thread

feel free to tell me i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure i just successfuly won a penalty by diving

i clicked it just as the tackle came in, the animation is clearly the dive animation.. the commentary refers to it being a dive...

perfect timing, or coincedence?

Defo a dive but well camouflaged cos it a was a perfect tackle . . .did you score from it?

Ok, i believe after playing all night that this game is in need of work! Plain and simple, defenders bringing the ball out are easily deposited by fast wingers before you can get the ball away. The delay to pass or clear it is to long. It's killing the games. Also my keeper Hugo Lloris is absolutely horrible. I mean so soft at clearing. I really couldn't believe it how shit keepers are. Is this just me seeing very poor attempt to make saves..I had 2 own goals because of my keeper fumbling it like a hot lava rock.
Just my only complaints really is Keepers and delay in Passing / clearing balls.. Speed is OP because of delay.

Last edited:
i use Samsung UN55ES7100... dynamic... auto motion plus standard. It looks great and runs all my games smooth because it adds up to 6-8 frames per second to fill in for lack of PS4 performance.
Woah, no wonder you're struggling to clear the ball in defence then - any picture smoothing like that adds a response time delay. Some features like that on my old Samsung would add 100ms+, which isn't massive on its own, but combined with the base response time and any other enhancements you've enabled - you're definitely putting yourself at a disadvantage!!!

Woah, no wonder you're struggling to clear the ball in defence then - any picture smoothing like that adds a response time delay. Some features like that on my old Samsung would add 100ms+, which isn't massive on its own, but combined with the base response time and any other enhancements you've enabled - you're definitely putting yourself at a disadvantage!!!
so, turn it off or should i try game mode? I didn't like picture quality on game mode. But when i play offline i'm ok with this setting..

100ms isn't massive on its own? Hell it isn't! It's a lot!
Nowadays people are trying to get as close to 1ms response times as possible.
I know TVs aren't the best at gaming as a PC monitor, but still, 100ms is a lot even for a TV.

@Bond!JamesBond! :On Samsung you have to use game mode! Can't understand why u are not using it?! You don't want the tv to do something, you want the base (PS4) to do it! Trust me. Turn on game mode, input lag is around 20-40, wich is ok.
Set up the game mode (color, brightness, and so on) to fit the PS4! That's all you need.

Ks9090 here and it's looks good! Like all my other games in game mode.

Edit: try to read the following. It's not your model but you'll get the clue: http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/js7000/settings

100ms isn't massive on its own? Hell it isn't! It's a lot!
To us nerds it is (I paid £2,000 for the 4K telly with the - at the time - lowest response times, after initially only wanting to spend about £800 but then finding out how much higher response times were on 4K TVs compared to my old faithful Sony KDL 1080p TV - which I only bought for the response times)...

But, to normal people (my missus, every family member of ours) - they don't notice 100ms (I hooked up a PS3 through two ports, the Xbox One TV input port which is delayed by about that much, and then direct to the TV, to demonstrate the lag just on the XMB - and they were completely oblivious)...

For all of us, though - especially playing a game that's already laggy (now they've bumped up the server load) - I can't imagine playing outside of "game mode" etc...

Just did. Can't say how good or bad I was the twat I got thought he was a talented dribbler. Every corner is now a short one for him to try and dribble past 6 or 7 opponents.

What is wrong with online players?! :CONF:

Lol the dribbling and keep possession guys are a nightmare . .you won't get your foot on the ball.

The more I play it, the more I like it. I also don't think rocket shots, passing, defending are as problematic as I did initially. Shooting is a bit inane and 1-2's are a cheap tactic but it's fairly balanced overall. Hopefully they work on improving the balance because I really don't think there's realistically much more that they can do.

That said, I'm entirely bored online because I keep getting matched up with noobs who quit halfway through. Although, I had a great game last night that I lost 2-1 in - best game so far.

Edit: Okay, I also agree with JamesBond above when he says about delay being an issue. Attackers dispossess defenders very easily and they always fumble getting the ball under control while you're trying to pass it away. Attackers need lower tackling stats to compensate and there shouldn't be a fucking stumble animation every single time you're tackled (see again: balance issues).

i use Samsung UN55ES7100... dynamic... auto motion plus standard. It looks great and runs all my games smooth because it adds up to 6-8 frames per second to fill in for lack of PS4 performance.
u should play all your games with gaming mode on, that means u shouldn t have any options on for motion and such, gaming mode is designed to give u the least input lag

To us nerds it is (I paid £2,000 for the 4K telly with the - at the time - lowest response times, after initially only wanting to spend about £800 but then finding out how much higher response times were on 4K TVs compared to my old faithful Sony KDL 1080p TV - which I only bought for the response times)...

But, to normal people (my missus, every family member of ours) - they don't notice 100ms (I hooked up a PS3 through two ports, the Xbox One TV input port which is delayed by about that much, and then direct to the TV, to demonstrate the lag just on the XMB - and they were completely oblivious)...

For all of us, though - especially playing a game that's already laggy (now they've bumped up the server load) - I can't imagine playing outside of "game mode" etc...

Hahaha, you're right.
It's amazing how people just don't notice these kind of things in general.

Did I judt read "rubbish" goalkeepers?

Lol.

A wee bit maybe?...

Doesn't Game Mode take away some of the image sharpness? Makes it more blurry?.
I just bought a LG 4K TV for this game, to hook it up to my PC... so it better be good!
I'm playing on an LG 4K tv and it looks fantastic :D

You just have to calibrate it right, turn off all unnecessary stuff, put it in game mode (or PC mode in your case I guess) and you're set ;)

I'm playing on an LG 4K tv and it looks fantastic :D

You just have to calibrate it right, turn off all unnecessary stuff, put it in game mode (or PC mode in your case I guess) and you're set ;)

Fantastic!
I thought I you had a LG 4K tv. but I was unsure. I knew it!
Would you mind posting screenshots of your settings? (All of them).

Fantastic!
I thought I you had a LG 4K tv. but I was unsure. I knew it!
Would you mind posting screenshots of your settings? (All of them).
Sure but let's do that in another thread. In the tech forum.

A bit off topic but since we're on this tv talk, for the guys in the US looking for a good gaming tv with hdr and very low input lag (14ms) check this new one out http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/p-series-2017-p607#comparison_200

Cheap and does the job nicely.
/Offtopic.

Lol the dribbling and keep possession guys are a nightmare . .you won't get your foot on the ball.
Depends. One guy a played on manual was that good, I could not get into the final third. Everything I managed to do was playing passes to the midfield. No coming through. He was really good at closing passing lanes. Part of it might be that I'm a little "afraid" to play that final pass or I did not see it. And blind passing to the front and pray isn't my cup of tea.
On the offensive side he strung together passes very accurate and with knowledge of what the game offers. Doing the right moves at the right time, much better than me. Love it.
The game itself was one of the laggier ones. But we became friends and play against each other when the game is released.

But I guess you mean another type of player. Had that in 3vs3! Me and the other guy watched the third dude, who was constantly dribbling with whoever player he got from wherever on the pitch. Nothing we could do. Horror.
We then tried to pass only between us 2. Buts that's some tough quest.

Depends. One guy a played on manual was that good, I could not get into the final third. Everything I managed to do was playing passes to the midfield. No coming through. He was really good at closing passing lanes. Part of it might be that I'm a little "afraid" to play that final pass or I did not see it. And blind passing to the front and pray isn't my cup of tea.
On the offensive side he strung together passes very accurate and with knowledge of what the game offers. Doing the right moves at the right time, much better than me. Love it.
The game itself was one of the laggier ones. But we became friends and play against each other when the game is released.

He sounds like a couple of guys that I played .. ..don't get me wrong I enjoy watching them in action .. I wish I could play like them. ...what you said there is true about the final pass . .it's like having no confidence with the final pass.

He sounds like a couple of guys that I played .. ..don't get me wrong I enjoy watching them in action .. I wish I could play like them. ...what you said there is true about the final pass . .it's like having no confidence with the final pass.
And then I play back around. If I can't make the final pass I don't want to loose the ball either.
How I wished the beta would feature 3vs3 with similar settings.

i only played a few beta games online... on a few occasions I noticed when caught in a counter attack or with an offensive player coming in on a one on one situation that my goalie automatically rushed out wildly without me pressing triangle. On one of the occasions my opponent chipped the shot over him. Anyone else notice this?

I am lucky if I get more than 1 shot on target on manual settings :LOL:

2 things:

Some people choose manual pass and basic shooting. What's the freaking point?

Secondly, is it not common courtesy amongst manual players not to be pressure whores.

This is proving rather frustrating at the moment

And then I play back around. If I can't make the final pass I don't want to loose the ball either.
How I wished the beta would feature 3vs3 with similar settings.

Did you like that 30 yard screamer from Casemiro? ha ha We need a lot more practice Pro Too.

What to say?! Nothing but :APPLAUD: Because it was well deserved on manual!!
I sure do! :BYE:
Need to step up my offensive skills more than the defensive ones, I guess.

That's exactly what I'm trying to do Pro Too, my offence is poor .. .. it's all about confidence I got nervous when I saw your name come up and said to myself "please don't let him hammer me". Lol.

Back
Top Bottom