PES 2018 BETA Discussion Thread

The latest LG 4k sets have the firmware upgrade to have a game HDR mode..mine has the update but I don't have the pro yet to test it ..was debating the new Xbox instead or the PS 5 in 2019 when my little lad will be a little older

played 2 games, 0 -0 and 1-0 win , i have to say what i like and what i dislike about the game
game looks absolutely like pes 2017 there is no graphics improvement at all.
game is unresponsive to input, reminds of pes 2014 unresponsiveness and heavy players.
game plays absolutely like pes 2017, the only difference is player animations being updated and the ball protection is good
the thing that annoys me the most in 1v1 is the player constant pressure and never getting tired this ruins the whole realism experience

played 2 games, 0 -0 and 1-0 win , i have to say what i like and what i dislike about the game
game looks absolutely like pes 2017 there is no graphics improvement at all.
game is unresponsive to input, reminds of pes 2014 unresponsiveness and heavy players.
game plays absolutely like pes 2017, the only difference is player animations being updated and the ball protection is good
the thing that annoys me the most in 1v1 is the player constant pressure and never getting tired this ruins the whole realism experience
Sorry but you are so off the mark it's actually pretty ludicrous to think this is anything like PES 2017. No way, no how.

Last edited:
Sorry but you are so off the mark it's actually pretty ludicrous to think this is anything like PES 2017. No way, no how.
the game plays like 2017 a lot , only sloweri have to add something, possession doesn t mean absolutely nothing in this game as i had someone against me have 75 % possession and still i ended up with more shots on target,
to add what i don t like, there is too much interceptions in midfield it s very annoying how unguaranteed a pass will make the destination because simply there are pressure whores in this game who constantly running every direction to intercept any move,i think the unresponsive nature of the game is hampering the midfield interceptions aswell

Anybody having any joy with trap feint? It seems like you can only let it through your legs to chase it afterwards - you can't just let it go to someone else. L1+R1 is now mapped to R1, and there's nothing for R1 trap feint.

You can do this by holding down super cancel. HOLD, not click.

:D it's so much more enjoyable without constant pressuring, right? I love that pace.
Will do a couple of matches now. We might meet again... ;)
what's your network lvl set to? Mine is 4!

anyone in europe or middle east wanna match make my name is ramyharb85
i fail to see any difference btw this game and pes 2017, the shooting still has no meaning or something to feel how shots will go especially on pa1, and pa1 im afraid is still too assisted...

Last edited:
From what I gathered out of these 22 pages, only Lami and Ramgamer think this game is just like PES 2017 bar some subtle changes. Anyone else feels that way about it?.

Personally, the 3v3 is starting to wear thin when playing with and against randomers. What really winds me up are gamers who just try to run the whole length of the pitch with the keepers, or gamers who are Ronaldo wannabe's and Can't find the pass button.

It has the responsiveness of Pes 2014. . .attacking options are limited. . ..it's not the revelation they have been shouting about. . .can't say if it's better than 2017 yet.

From what I gathered out of these 22 pages, only Lami and Ramgamer think this game is just like PES 2017 bar some subtle changes. Anyone else feels that way about it?.
i am confident enough to say that this is pes 2017.5

Nae bother. Can someone post me a video of contextual shielding and left stick feints in PES2017? That would be a big help for me myClub, thanks.

In saying that, I hear the same every year, bar the odd one. PES 2017 was exactly the same as PES2016, which in turn was exactly the same as PES 2015.

Personally, I am rather enjoying "2018's PES2015" The only down side for the beta of this particular PES 2015 is all the noobs and casuals I am coming up against who have been playing the same game as me, for the last three years.

Okay, I went too far there. Let's call it PES2016.5 instead.

Last edited:
If you don't see any difference in pace, ball physics, GKs (they make really awesome and surprising saves now), difference in how to defend, and passing (more free now) then clearly you haven't played PES 2017 enough.

By the way, I have seen really bad stats from my opponents, like -400, it just shows passing is way less assisted than before. I like passing the ball in general, it feels right in many ways. There are few questionable ones but it never seems so off like PES 2017. Crossing feels really natural and not forced/automated. Also shooting feels at least 20% better than PES 2017. But then again I heard the new build is much better in that aspect. Close dribbling is really good much better than the competition at least. Realistic in its approach. Although it does need more refined and varied skill options but it's really fun.

So either ways it's a much improved PES 2017 and that's what we asked for anyways. Keep in mind this is the old build, plus online. Everyone knows how different PES 2017 offline was compared to online.

Hello to all those WE long time veterans as myself. It's been a while. Hope everyone is doing well.

Well then, here are my thoughts on this Beta.

Shooting - It feels great. Just needs a wee bit of tweaking.

Physics - Players feel heavy and the inertia plays a huge role on turns and change of direction. Player stats are very evident. Shielding the ball feels great. Holding off players on runs feels strong and natural. The Ball feels heavy and very organic. There are a few instances where the ball ping-pings off a player into the opposing players path. However, this is very minor and doesn't happen a lot to be a problem.

Player Controls - The gameplay controls feel great. The sticks and triggers are responsive to all my commands on turns, shots, passes, heading, etc... I never feel that something happened that I didn't cause myself. R2 feels great when used properly. Scored some amazing goals with Pogba.

Overall, the game feels and plays Outstanding! Especially online where it matters most. I've been playing this beta to no end and the satisfaction I get from building up plays and scoring, to near misses, it's just like the good old days online with the PS2. It's about time Nokami fixed the online part. We have been punished for far too long.

One thing to note: The Xboxone version plays better in my opinion. The controls are tighter and players are more responsive. It just feels like a bit more polished "Beta" version to me.

I am ready for this baby. Hopefully the final version will include tweaks that will improve the experience and not downgrade it. This Beta feels just right to me. It's definitely not FIFA, even though FIFA is a lot of fun online for me personally and has it's strengths and weaknesses. PES however, is unique and mimics the beautiful game in it's own special way wonderfully.

Now, off to some more online gaming......

One thing to note: The Xboxone version plays better in my opinion. The controls are tighter and players are more responsive. It just feels like a bit more polished "Beta" version to me.

From what I've read around (Evo-Web and Twitter) the XBOX ONE is more responsive at this Beta Online. Offline should be the same accross XBOX ONE, PS4 and PC regarding responsiveness.

At first i didn't like the game. I felt it, unresposive, ultra heavy, a worse version of PES 2014 (many cause the first games was a little laggy and wait for a closer version of 2017). Now, today, after i've played around 30 matches, i like it. The aproach is defferent than PES 2017. Is more about timing and the momentum/inertia/explosiveness is very much evident. Defferent about how to defend and how to attack. I think it's something between PES 2014 & PES 2017.

It's perfect? No way. What this game need is absolutely better shooting system. I'll wait the demo where Adam said they fix them.

I'd like them to add ball and kit physics from PES 2014. They are fenomenal.

Oh and 3v3 is very interesting.

I'm all for pressing being toned down but I see a problem for online. I'm afraid people playing PA1 and higher when going 1-0 up just gonna pass the ball around in their own half (people are pricks online remember). Haven't tried gegenpress or intensive pressing etc so hopefully I'm wrong.
I played almost a year in pes2017 online, and I have not met many such players, and in fact it is much easier to defend and hold the ball than in beta18
I see no reason why there will be a lot of them this year

Sometimes I think I must play a different game. For me this isn't PES 14 or PES 17, it's something different and I really like it. The pace of the game is amazing, the new dribbling system is pure joy and passing is less assisted then the year before. Of course shooting could be toned down a little bit but overall this is the best football game I've ever played.

Sometimes I think I must play a different game. For me this isn't PES 14 or PES 17, it's something different and I really like it. The pace of the game is amazing, the new dribbling system is pure joy and passing is less assisted then the year before. Of course shooting could be toned down a little bit but overall this is the best football game I've ever played.
maybe im playing a different game but i don t think this is anyway near the best football game ever at all, game needs overhaul of shooting system, net behavior, cameras etc....game is no different than pes 2017 i cant barely see any difference in attacking aspects, same angles same ways of attacks..etc

maybe im playing a different game but i don t think this is anyway near the best football game ever at all, game needs overhaul of shooting system, net behavior, cameras etc....game is no different than pes 2017 i cant barely see any difference in attacking aspects, same angles same ways of attacks..etc
not sure how you're not noticing the difference..just the fact on how responsive it is makes it feel like a different game ..the differences are subtle but they are there ..adam reckons shooting variance is now there although I'm loving manual already

Back
Top Bottom