PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

if EA wouldn't have come out with this new game engine this year, they would've gotten smashed!
imagine ignite trying to impress us over what we just seen.
EA must have known Konami's plans for this year.
From a game engine point of view Konami has the better one.
From a fan base point of view EA wins big.
Konami needs to keep this hard work up, every year! to get Fifa fan sales.

Last edited:
You listened! Aww shucks buddy you made me hard:))

I did like the trailer it was good IMO. I loved the concept of them recreating Barca's goals. Some people mentioning the defending in it but it was designed to show off those recreated goals. Anyone who has played the game has said defensive side of the game is really good this year so I'm pretty confident.

Here's the thing, I've come to realize no game is going to be perfect their are going to be flaws.

It's a matter of what you personally can live with and without. For example, I'm not big into tech, would I love great tech-absolutely-but if the game feels like I'm playing real footy with the controller in my hand then I can get over tech that isn't pushing the bar like other next-gem games. But for other footy gamers I know tech is a HUGE deal. So I believe it will come down to personal preference this year.

I keep hearing a cross between PES 2014 Leaked Demo and PES 2016. I know their are still going to be awkward animations from PES 2016 so I'm not going to be let down as I'm expected some of those to still be in there. But if the game "feels" good with the controller in my hand I'll take it after a decade of shit.

I really liked the last podcasts. Very informative. Well done.
If people will be disappointed by the retail version, you guys risk to be crucified, but don't worry about that. People who do that are Major assholes.
It's come to a point where i wouldn't care to give information if i had the chance to play an early build. But to be fair, i will never have that chance.
Keep up the good work.

if EA wouldn't have come out with this new game engine this year, they would've gotten smashed!

I dont think EA would of known Konamis plans this year and gone damn we need a new engine quick, these changes are planned over time and my thoughts are they would of been running on frostbyte internally for over a year already to make the transition as clean as possible.

If Konami want FIFA sales, or at least mine as this year i am not buying both, they need to get the fundamentals right first and foremost. The refs, GK, shooting, fouls and make the game unpredictable as it once was and cut out the obvious AI cheating. It's all very well seeing a barcelona goal recreated but if something similar happens 90% of the time with barcelona every time you play them , e.g. unstoppable goals then its pointless.

Why is even an embargo on videos recorded? Are they afraid of something and want to check every video that will be posted? This embargo thing annoys me, why can they as soon as they record it upload the video? Why wait for 2 days if it's true the embargo lifts in the 4th of August? I just don't get it

I dont think EA would of known Konamis plans this year and gone damn we need a new engine quick, these changes are planned over time and my thoughts are they would of been running on frostbyte internally for over a year already to make the transition as clean as possible.

If Konami want FIFA sales, or at least mine as this year i am not buying both, they need to get the fundamentals right first and foremost. The refs, GK, shooting, fouls and make the game unpredictable as it once was and cut out the obvious AI cheating. It's all very well seeing a barcelona goal recreated but if something similar happens 90% of the time with barcelona every time you play them , e.g. unstoppable goals then its pointless.

Totally agreeing here.

I don´t think so.
EA got their long time hardcore fans and FUT addicts.
Even they wouldn´t change a thing, I´m sure they´d have enough sales.

Why is even an embargo on videos recorded? Are they afraid of something and want to check every video that will be posted? This embargo thing annoys me, why can they as soon as they record it upload the video? Why wait for 2 days if it's true the embargo lifts in the 4th of August? I just don't get it

I think it's for spreading news between different days ...
they want to keep impressions valuable for two days, then release videos.
I mean who care about impression if he can see gameplay videos himself? just a few people ...
but they will keep hype/news/discussion fresh for two more days in this method (by give value to impression for 2 days)

A 2 day embargo is weird, i agree with you about that.
Can't see what is annoying about that..we'll have to wait two days and that is not the end of the world.

I also wonder what their reason could be.
To be honest i don't see any.
I'm pretty sure there will be leaks and if there are leaks you loose control over communication.
So the only way to have full control over the communication is immediate communication.

A 2 day embargo is weird, i agree with you about that.
Can't see what is annoying about that..we'll have to wait two days and that is not the end of the world.

I also wonder what their reason could be.
To be honest i don't see any.
I'm pretty sure there will be leaks and if there are leaks you loose control over communication.
So the only way to have full control over the communication is immediate communication.

It´s annoying because they should not announce something that will happen in one day and say explicitly that video recording is allowed creating hype and then cut the joy of community and put an embargo in the information that will be out for us fans. It´s like giving a kid a lollypop and when they wrapped it take it of.

Wouldn´t it be wiser to just have said "gameplay videos in gameplay cam coming 4th of August" , without mentioning the 2nd PESday in the 2nd August?

It´s just a kind of logic, nothing more, two days will not kill anybody, specially anybody that have waited more than a month for some piece of info.

That doesn't makes sense.
Why not communicate immediately then?

Maybe it's just that all publish their impressions at the same time, the game It was tested in Spain yesterday

CoSnNuCWgAA03KJ.jpg

CoSnVicXYAAU1rz.jpg

today in Milan

CocDvsvW8AAbYhu.jpg

29241o8.jpg

France ?
Uk 2 August

etc.

Too bad there wont be any event in Latin America for the press or fans:

I think theres a higher probability of a:P leaked footage in LA. :P

We arent far away from watching the game in action tho. Just 1 week to go.

Too bad there wont be any event in Latin America for the press or fans:

I think theres a higher probability of a:P leaked footage in LA. :P

We arent far away from watching the game in action tho. Just 1 week to go.

The events in Latin America will be in late August, in Chile for example 30 or 31 August

The events in Latin America will be in late August, in Chile for example 30 or 31 August

Lol
Does that mean the demo wont come out in August ?

Because I cant see the point of having an event with a playable demo if anyone can play it by downloading it on psn/xbox llive..

Unless its an event made for annouciments for latin american fans like new latin american clubs, stadiums and leagues.

Am I the only one who doesn't care about faces?
Reckon the faces have looked fine for years. Would rather they hired more animators to get the wooden/weird animations sorted.

Same for fifa.

BTW, has there been any confirmation of new/more customisable camera angles in 17? Last couple of years without Sonic's cam tool has really hurt Pes for me.

I think the demo teams can these

Alemania
Francia
Atletico
barcelona
Boca
River Plate
Corinthians

Last year we had 6 teams.

Brazil, France, Bayern, Juventus, Corinthians and Palmeiras. And two stadiums if Im not wrong.

I think we'll have 6 too.

Lol
Does that mean the demo wont come out in August ?

Because I cant see the point of having an event with a playable demo if anyone can play it by downloading it on psn/xbox llive..

Unless its an event made for annouciments for latin american fans like new latin american clubs, stadiums and leagues.

The demo is out in August

But maybe in Latin America show the final game playable, not demo.

And of course, show american clubs, leagues or stadium

BTW, has there been any confirmation of new/more customisable camera angles in 17? Last couple of years without Sonic's cam tool has really hurt Pes for me.

I could use a more zoomed out broadcast cam without that "live" cut to the sideline.

I hope to god we get customisable camera angles for online games this year. I really hate the default ones

Back
Top Bottom